PDA

View Full Version : Oh no

bbdynasty
09-12-2012, 08:50 PM
we were unanimously picked by 5 guys at nfl.com to win on sunday. we're gonna lose
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000061727/article/picking-winners-for-week-2-games

RoanokeFan
09-12-2012, 08:51 PM
It's a curse

fizzlesticks
09-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Are the ESPN picks out yet?

edit: Yup, they are.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

We're screwed.

Greg Schiano
09-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Aside from Gregg Rosenthal... I've heard of none of those guys. When all of ESPN starts picking you guys... time to panic.

miked1958
09-12-2012, 08:57 PM
Yea I hate it on Sundays NFL pre game shows on fox or whatever channel and the whole panel picks your team to win

Greg Schiano
09-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Yea I hate it on Sundays NFL pre game shows on fox or whatever channel and the whole panel picks your team to win

That moment when they get to the last guy, perhaps usually Terry Bradshaw and you're holding your breath... "Please Terry... don't pick us".... and he picks you sealing your team's fate.

CowboysSuck
09-12-2012, 09:14 PM
That moment when they get to the last guy, perhaps usually Terry Bradshaw and you're holding your breath... "Please Terry... don't pick us".... and he picks you sealing your team's fate.

I definitely relate to this. I love when they go across the board and everyone picks the other team (except maybe Strahan, I'm cool with his homer pick). I know its pure coincidence but it seems like the Giants players respond and play better when the analysts on the pre-game show don't pick us.

bbdynasty
09-12-2012, 09:19 PM
the giants are a "proove you wrong" team. That's their motivation. if they're picked to win, maybe they don't have that extra motivation and the edge is taken out of their play. the coaches should find as many negative things written about the team that they can for the bulletin, every weekend. we need to stay motivated, and stay angry

Flip Empty
09-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Wait. So you lot will scream bloody murder when an analyst doesn't pick the Giants, yet you're disappointed when they do?

http://i.imgur.com/LdE9c.gif

bbdynasty
09-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Wait. So you lot will scream bloody murder when an analyst doesn't pick the Giants, yet you're disappointed when they do?

lol i guess it seems that way, but for me at least I get a little annoyed whyn NOBODY picks the giants, but when everyone does, it seems the G-men choose those games to underachieve. just a trend really, doesn't happen all the time. and i should hope people would have confidence in the reigning SB champs over a team that hasn't been good in a while.. I'm not upset the giants were picked, just worried they won't show up and it will be almost like a trap game

AntB
09-13-2012, 12:06 AM
The Giants are at their best with their backs against the wall. After the two recent Super Bowl seasons it would be foolish to give up on this team until they are mathematically eliminated. I think they enjoy having to step up in the clutch when the odds are against them. That said when Nicks is healthy and Hixon as a legitimate deep threat Eli will get the offense going and when he does, watch out. If he doesn't we can always get McNabb out of retirement and trade Eli for a Cornerback.

Captain Chaos
09-13-2012, 05:30 AM
C'mon they rolled the chicken bones and they just happen to point the Giant's way. There is no way that there is any science to how these guys pick.

Dwinsballgames
09-13-2012, 09:08 AM
C'mon they rolled the chicken bones and they just happen to point the Giant's way. There is no way that there is any science to how these guys pick.

I've always found rolling chicken bones to be more of an art than a science

TheAnalyst
09-13-2012, 09:36 AM
Damn, even the 7 picks on CBS is all Giants....

We are bound to lose.

Happens everytime.

Plus we are 7.5 point favorties at home.

Toadofsteel
09-13-2012, 10:36 AM
I think the analysts finally realized that the Giants underachieve when they're picked, and so they're now picking us to set us up for failure. Don't worry, everyone still hates us...

TheAnalyst
09-13-2012, 11:19 AM
Well, Im saying we lose, and I am an analyst, so maybe that will help :-)

burier
09-13-2012, 11:56 AM
On the bright side if we lose. No one will pick us again for the rest of the year.