PDA

View Full Version : Another Disturbing Defensive Stat......3 and Outs.....

BlueJayC
12-16-2011, 02:05 PM
The D has only forced 4 over the last 3 games.......6 over the last 4 games and 29 total this season. Averages out to about 2 a game.......this unit just can't get off the field......

Harooni
12-16-2011, 02:10 PM
look at the quality of opponent we played over that span.

Giantsin04
12-16-2011, 02:11 PM
It's the offense's fault.

MattMeyerBud
12-16-2011, 02:12 PM
eh thats a jaded stat.

How many 3 and outs do the Saints and Packers average a game offensively?

Not to mention one thought of the top off my head is that we had Packers on a 3 and out and then got a BS flag that extended them on JPPs sack in the 4th quarter

BlueBlitzer
12-16-2011, 02:16 PM
Yeah, Saints, Packers, and Cowboys arent like playing the Colts, Jaguars, and Rams.

burier
12-16-2011, 02:17 PM
The D has only forced 4 over the last 3 games.......6 over the last 4 games and 29 total this season. Averages out to about 2 a game.......this unit just can't get off the field......

to be fair....(Very fair because everyone knows our defens is rancid) 3 and outs are hard to come by in the NFL anymore.

Typically 3-and-outs are more of an indictment on the offense than anything else.

You can even look at our team. When we've had three and outs its usually because for whatever reason our offense wasn't in sync VS the D being all that great.

BlueJayC
12-16-2011, 02:31 PM
Yeah stats can be spun a variety of ways and I don't know what the league average is for these and whatnot but I heard the number and thought an avg. of 2 a game seems pretty low.....I'm assuming that's probably below the league average.</P>

I'd be more interested to see the Giants D's percentages on 3rd downs......seems like they're always giving up conversions regardless of the yardage........don't know where to find such stats though.......</P>

MattMeyerBud
12-16-2011, 02:36 PM
Yeah stats can be spun a variety of ways and I don't know what the league average is for these and whatnot but I heard the number and thought an avg. of 2 a game seems pretty low.....I'm assuming that's probably below the league average.</p>

I'd be more interested to see the Giants D's percentages on 3rd downs......seems like they're always giving up conversions regardless of the yardage........don't know where to find such stats though.......</p>

so over 7 games we had 24 3 and outs tho - so its not that bad. WE def hit a bump health wise with the defense and had to travel through the big wigs of the league. We're still breathing. From here on out the measuring stick for the rest of this season