PDA

View Full Version : Do we Keep Gilbride?

burier
12-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Ok so unless for some ungodly reason we fail to make the playoffs its pretty clear Coughlin will be back next year. (Could retire if we win the big one)

And if Coughlin is back so will KG...but if it were up to you... considering how great the offense has played this year would you keep KG or go in another direction?

Drez
12-16-2011, 01:10 PM
Yes, you keep Gilbride. While his redzone playcalling isn't always the best, the offense has been the only thing that keeps us in games.</P>

Cue the, "Our superior talent on offense makes up for KG's incompetence," crowd.</P>

BlueJayC
12-16-2011, 01:39 PM
Yes, you keep Gilbride. While his redzone playcalling isn't always the best, the offense has been the only thing that keeps us in games.</P>

Cue the, "Our superior talent on offense makes up for KG's incompetence," crowd.</P>

</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>Our superior talent on offense makes up for KG's incompetence.</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#000000>Kidding.....I'm not a KG fan and I'd rather them get someone else....but unfortunately I see no basis for letting him go....as was said his redzone playcalling is terrible but the offense is churning out points and fueling this run at the division title.</FONT></P>

Is this the last year of his contract? (If so fingers crossed someone offers him a HC position)</P>

supergiants07
12-16-2011, 01:42 PM
He needs to go! Does anyone else think that this offense does good inspite of him sometime? I like Coughlin but KG needs to take a walk. Coughlin should do what Fassel did and take over the playcalling.

When the Giants were at their best againct Dallas was when Eli was in the hurry up calling plays and the Giants scored 15 points in the last 5 minutes.

A lot of drives stalled right around mid field on Sunday or they had to settle for FG inside the 10. That is on KG. He is so predicatble. Just watching on tv I can call out what they will do before the play happens.

KG must go no matter what!

BigBlue wins
12-16-2011, 01:43 PM
Yes, you keep Gilbride. While his redzone playcalling isn't always the best, the offense has been the only thing that keeps us in games.</p>

Cue the, "Our superior talent on offense makes up for KG's incompetence," crowd.</p>

</p>

<font color="#ff0000">Our superior talent on offense makes up for KG's incompetence.</font></p>

<font color="#000000">Kidding.....I'm not a KG fan and I'd rather them get someone else....but unfortunately I see no basis for letting him go....as was said his redzone playcalling is terrible but the offense is churning out points and fueling this run at the division title.</font></p>

Is this the last year of his contract? (If so fingers crossed someone offers him a HC position)</p>

<font color="#FF0000">Giants will offer after Coughlin retires</font>

supergiants07
12-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Also before the Packers game the Giants went like 3 or 4 games without scoring a TD in the first half. A lot of game where the Giants have won were in the last minutes on the final drive where Eli runs the offense in the hurry up.

Gmen2005
12-16-2011, 01:45 PM
I'm not a huge fan of Gilbride, but the offense has been putting up points. There may be some head scratchers, but there is no way to say that a new offensive coordinator will be better. I'm more concerned about Fewell.

GiantFanatic55
Yes, you keep Gilbride. While his redzone playcalling isn't always the best, the offense has been the only thing that keeps us in games.</p>

Cue the, "Our superior talent on offense makes up for KG's incompetence," crowd.</p>

And although he has some questionable red zone play calling and some brain farts here and there, our offense is always in the top 10 in the league in scoring so i can live with Gillbride

Plus Eli is having a career year and is probably the most comfortable he has even been in KG's system so if it ain't broke don't fix it

slipknottin
With the receiver talent, and the way Eli is playing, you just can't blow things up on offense.

Add some talent on the OL to give Eli more time and open bigger holes for the running game and you have an offense that can go toe to toe with green bay.

giantsforce
Ok so unless for some ungodly reason we fail to make the playoffs its pretty clear Coughlin will be back next year. (Could retire if we win the big one)

And if Coughlin is back so will KG...but if it were up to you... considering how great the offense has played this year would you keep KG or go in another direction?why not? Sure he knows to tell Eli "we need 2 TD's, go get them." We need coaches like that to burn up salary

nygsb42champs
12-16-2011, 01:46 PM
Barring a huge colapse over the last 3 games I think he is back.

GmanSenior
12-16-2011, 01:52 PM
This might actually be the year Gilbride finally gets a head coach gig. With the way Eli and this offense is playing he is going to get a lot of the credit and someone - most likely a major college - will give him a shot. If not then he is back. I'd love to see us go in another direction but no way it happens around here.

daynemustgo
12-16-2011, 01:56 PM

And if Coughlin is back so will KG...but if it were up to you... considering how great the offense has played this year would you keep KG or go in another direction?

of course you keep him. how is this even a question?

BlueBlitzer
12-16-2011, 02:06 PM
With the receiver talent, and the way Eli is playing, you just can't blow things up on offense.

Add some talent on the OL to give Eli more time and open bigger holes for the running game and you have an offense that can go toe to toe with green bay.

Finally some sanity. You know if we win the next 3 games, that'll be 20 games in 2 years ( And I think we will ) Besides when a new coach comes in they usually hire their own OC anyway.

giantsforce
12-16-2011, 02:09 PM

of course you keep him. how is this even a question?Just like we kept Coughlin and we see the same crap year after year. I guess mediocrity is something that is tolerated here more than anywhere else.

BParcells777
12-16-2011, 02:12 PM
No lets get rid of the guy who helped engineer a 5000 yd passing season

ARE YOU CRAZY?????????

Blame our 10 yds and in problems on the Oline and the RBs

Kruunch
12-16-2011, 02:14 PM

Gotta keep him with how well the offense continually produces.

Draw plays to Jacobs and bombs on Third and Short aside.

daynemustgo
12-16-2011, 02:14 PM

of course you keep him. how is this even a question?Just like we kept Coughlin and we see the same crap year after year.* I guess mediocrity is something that is tolerated here more than anywhere else.

Offense has never been better since KG got here. KG will be here until Coughlin gets canned or KG leaves for a HC job.

giantsforce
12-16-2011, 02:16 PM

ARE YOU CRAZY?????????

And here I thought that Eli was the one that engineered the 5000 yd, how silly of me! I guess we can blame Eli on the shotgun draw to nowhere too.

DavenIII
12-16-2011, 02:17 PM
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o22/niqua230/GiFS/ok3lf7.gif

The only time our offense really excels...for the last 3 years+ is when we are in a 2 minute drill...how anyone could still possibly think Gilbride is anything but an anchor on our teams ability to score points is beyond me....

giantsforce
12-16-2011, 02:24 PM
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o22/niqua230/GiFS/ok3lf7.gif

The only time our offense really excels...for the last 3 years+ is when we are in a 2 minute drill...how anyone could still possibly think Gilbride is anything but an anchor on our teams ability to score points is beyond me....
And how can we overlook his "stellar" play calling inside the 20 that has produced nothing but FG's 9 out 10 times!

burier
12-16-2011, 02:46 PM
The only real problem I have with Gilbride is his playcalling (especially in the redzone) and his lack of westcoast concepts in the passing game.

I think some sort of new blood should be brough it as a consultant or something to help freshen things up with the playcalling and the play design.

I appreciate that we run a virtacle offense but damn...it would be nice to be able to move the sticks when we're up against that D wtih the good pass rush and good secondary.."eagles.

CGYgiant
12-16-2011, 04:13 PM
Um.. You guys do know what Gilbride calls every play in the no huddle right?

Sigh....amazing how some people want to get rid of an individual tthat has continually had us in the top 10 in the league in offense year in and year out.

And some of you people say eagles fans are bad?

giantsfan420
12-16-2011, 04:15 PM
i think most of us like the offense KG has implemented, but are disgusted by his play calling.

If TC retires, would it be a bad thing if KG went to HC and he hired an OC to run his scheme and play call?

I dont really like the idea of KG being HC or even really being OC, but Eli knows this offense, and is downright dominant. You have to at least credit KG's scheme if your like me and hate his play calling.

I wouldnt want Eli to have to necessarily start all over with a new offensive scheme really bc he's evolved so much in this one, so one option would be to keep KG's scheme but have some one else do the play call. A way to do that is for KG to become the HC (a scary notion i know)

the only other way I could see this offense keeping the current scheme but having some one else call the plays would be to keep KG as OC but have Eli run a version of Indy's offense and Eli runs a no huddle but not hurry up offense where he calls plays based on the defense.

DavenIII
12-16-2011, 04:24 PM

Sigh....amazing how some people want to get rid of an individual tthat has continually had us in the top 10 in the league in offense year in and year out.

Talent has kept us up there, that and Eli Manning's audibles, Kevin Gilbride is and always has been (even since before he came to the giants) a TERRIBLE play caller and a terrible OC, I wish Fewell would take a page out of Buddy Ryan's play book and give him one right in is face, Gilbride is a huge anchor on what could be one of the best offenses in the NFL if he wasn't here.

JMGGIANTS
12-16-2011, 04:25 PM
Some of the people here hate Gilbride so much they would just as soon have a new OC even if we then average only 15 points a game. They would still argue how much Gilbride was worse.

supergiants07
12-16-2011, 04:54 PM
Some of the people here hate Gilbride so much they would just as soon have a new OC even if we then average only 15 points a game. They would still argue how much Gilbride was worse.

With all the talent on this offense at the skill position there is no reason why they shouldn't be at the top in offense every year. Gilbride is an awful play caller. Its time to go

Kruunch
12-16-2011, 04:56 PM

With all the talent on this offense at the skill position there is no reason why they shouldn't be at the top in offense every year. Gilbride is an awful play caller. Its time to go

I hear Norv Turner is going to be free at the end of the year.

/red

DavenIII
12-16-2011, 05:01 PM

I hear Norv Turner is going to be free at the end of the year.

/red

I'd take terrible ole Norv over Gilbride any day.

JMGGIANTS
12-16-2011, 05:03 PM
gotta agree with you there Daven. I would take Norv as a replacement. He may not be a great HC but he was a great OC.

G-Man67
12-16-2011, 05:04 PM

ha, how can you say fail to make for some ungodly reason?

the boys had us down and out, but not for some late game Eli heriocs

and last season they came in and put a whooping on us with John Kitna at QB

while im confident in my team, if i had to bet $100K on the game, i'd be down to flipping a coin

Kruunch
12-16-2011, 05:05 PM
You guys are the reason I keep coming to these boards.

CGYgiant
12-16-2011, 07:12 PM

Talent has kept us up there, that and Eli Manning's audibles, Kevin Gilbride is and always has been (even since before he came to the giants) a TERRIBLE play caller and a terrible OC, I wish Fewell would take a page out of Buddy Ryan's play book and give him one right in is face, Gilbride is a huge anchor on what could be one of the best offenses in the NFL if he wasn't here.

LOL, oh boy yep, its all talent, Gilbride has nothing to do with what plays we call and therefore the success of our offense has nothing to do with his play calling right?

I wonder how Eli Manning feels about Gilbride as opposed to some of the brilliant minds here acting like they know what they are talking about.

I don't claim to know anything about the offence coordinator position but what I can see is a top ten offence year in a year out.

CGYgiant
12-16-2011, 07:14 PM
You guys are the reason I keep coming to these boards.

lol tell me about it. Maybe if we had the read option offence some posters here would be satisfied with "out of the box" play calling lmao.

BParcells777
12-16-2011, 11:32 PM

ARE YOU CRAZY?????????

And here I thought that Eli was the one that engineered the 5000 yd, how silly of me! I guess we can blame Eli on the shotgun draw to nowhere too.

I think you need to take an reading comprehension course at your local junior college........I said Gilbride "helped" Eli

bearbryant
12-16-2011, 11:54 PM
If you're someone who likes to have an offense that keeps getting 50% of its capabilities than punch in the face kildrive is your man... Otherwise Take anyone who doesn't know TC

sideline sneek
12-17-2011, 09:28 AM
Um.. You guys do know what Gilbride calls every play in the no huddle right? Sigh....amazing how some people want to get rid of an individual tthat has continually had us in the top 10 in the league in offense year in and year out. And some of you people say eagles fans are bad?

Still hating on him, huh? Last time I looked hecarries a very good resume starting with Houston. (please check for yourself). One other thing: I don't believe one stays in the NFL at that capacity for some 19 years or so, unless your doing something right!!!!!

nycsportzfan
12-17-2011, 09:52 AM
He needs to go! Does anyone else think that this offense does good inspite of him sometime? I like Coughlin but KG needs to take a walk. Coughlin should do what Fassel did and take over the playcalling.

When the Giants were at their best againct Dallas was when Eli was in the hurry up calling plays and the Giants scored 15 points in the last 5 minutes.

A lot of drives stalled right around mid field on Sunday or they had to settle for FG inside the 10. That is on KG. He is so predicatble. Just watching on tv I can call out what they will do before the play happens.

KG must go no matter what! I think this Offense would be even better without KG Theres just so much talent its ridiculous and the fact we arent right there with NE and GB is what i don't like We should be unstoppable on offense and not just really good I truly believe this offense could be better if it had a bit more imagination

GameTime
12-17-2011, 10:14 AM
Ok so unless for some ungodly reason we fail to make the playoffs its pretty clear Coughlin will be back next year. (Could retire if we win the big one) And if Coughlin is back so will KG...but if it were up to you... considering how great the offense has played this year would you keep KG or go in another direction?</P>

"ongodly reason".....you would be surprised if the Giants blew it?? I wouldn't. Not with whom they have lost to this year and how they have lost. </P>

With that said all KG and or Eli has to do is to have a few more plays called for short yardage. It kills me when they are on their own 30 for example and have a 3 and 3and then go for the huge play. Please.....get the first down and then go from there. I know Eli has the most big plays and all that and I love the way the O is playing for the most past. But I would like to see more short 1st downs being made...</P>

JesseJames
12-17-2011, 04:49 PM
I've never been a big fan of Gilbride but he definitely wasn't the problem this year, we have one of the better offenses and one of the leagues worst defenses and thats where the changes need to be made and we should start right at the top with the DC..

DavenIII
12-19-2011, 09:10 AM
LOL, oh boy yep, its all talent, Gilbride has nothing to do with what plays we call and therefore the success of our offense has nothing to do with his play calling right?

No Gilbride has everything to do with the plays we call (outside of the 2 minute drill) that's the PROBLEM the plays we are calling on offense are whats holding our offense back...if he wasn't on the team, if we didn't HAVE an OC and Eli just called all the plays...we'd be 100% better.

CDN_G-FAN
12-19-2011, 09:18 AM
Ok so unless for some ungodly reason we fail to make the playoffs its pretty clear Coughlin will be back next year. (Could retire if we win the big one) And if Coughlin is back so will KG...but if it were up to you... considering how great the offense has played this year would you keep KG or go in another direction?</P>

So many people hate KG, and its a free country.</P>

but i guarantee the great play of our QB has alot to do with the familiariy of the system.</P>

Remember a few years ago where there were SO SO many passes that made us think WTF?</P>

those don't happen nearly as much because eli knows this system like the back of his hand.</P>

i think a coaching change is probably necessary, but i'm hating the idea of changing our offensive system and having to watch the growing pains of that.</P>

nygiants757
12-19-2011, 09:28 AM
I think he needs to go and Perry!!!!