PDA

View Full Version : Are Giants fans intimidated by Mark Barron (the new Ronnie Lott)?

JavaBuc
09-13-2012, 02:35 AM
Bucs new rookie safety Mark Barron has been compared to Ronnie Lott after week 1. I know every time the Bucs played against Ronnie Lott back in the day, I was worried about Lott wreaking havoc. I'm curious if you Giants fans are impressed or intimidated by Barron? If so, do you think the WR's for the Giants may have alligator arms this week so the Giants will stick with the run? Even in the run game, Barron may be a threat to knock someone out. So even the RB's have to be concerned. How do you think the Giants will account for Barron's hammering hits and powerful presence?

From Pro Football Weekly:

Rookie FS Mark Barron looked like a young Ronnie Lott leveling the game’s strongest pound-for-pound receiver, Steve Smith, on the sideline with a hammering blow. More impressive, after being utilized most extensively in the box at Alabama as a senior, was the way Barron was able to range deep from the box and break up a pass over the top intended for speedster Louis Murphy on third down with a 13-7 lead in jeopardy.

bbdynasty
09-13-2012, 02:50 AM
our receivers are pretty tough, did you see that hit Cruz took from Laron Landry in the pre-season? He got LAID THE F*** OUT and sprung right back up. I think we'll live

BurnerNYG
09-13-2012, 02:56 AM
Hell no! They start playing dirty, our boys know how to get nasty too. We're still the champs and some pissed off champs at that!

RichGiants81
09-13-2012, 03:22 AM
Do you think the Chicago receivers are worried about a knockout hit from antrell rolle? They should be

TheBookOfEli
09-13-2012, 03:24 AM
Chicago receivers???

JavaBuc
09-13-2012, 03:32 AM
our receivers are pretty tough, did you see that hit Cruz took from Laron Landry in the pre-season? He got LAID THE F*** OUT and sprung right back up. I think we'll live

Landy is a heckuva hitter too. Maybe he's the next Ronnie Lott rather than Barron? The entire Bucs secondary is solid with stars. Barron, Barber, Talib and Wright. I'm thinking the only way the Giants will be able to move the ball will be to run. But the Panthers had almost no success on the ground, so we'll see.

TheEnigma
09-13-2012, 03:39 AM
We're more intimidated by Ware giving you guys our signals and Gilbride not changing them once more like last year with the Skins. Barron is OK.

Rat_bastich
09-13-2012, 03:48 AM
We're more intimidated by Ware giving you guys our signals and Gilbride not changing them once more like last year with the Skins. Barron is OK.

I shudder everytime I hear Omaha, even when my daughter and I talk about Nebraska.

Giantz4Life
09-13-2012, 04:12 AM
I shudder everytime I hear Omaha, even when my daughter and I talk about Nebraska.

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/i-see-what-you-did-there-261.jpg?w=500

Captain Chaos
09-13-2012, 06:11 AM
I watched the game and don't remember him standing out. Thought Ronde Barber at FS was more of a factor, doesn't mead the kid isn't good just don't remember him being that big of an impact.

SweetZombieJesus
09-13-2012, 07:43 AM
Never heard of him, and unless he returned 5 interceptions for TDs in one game then it is WAY too premature and blasphemous to compare a rookie with one game under his belt to Ronnie Lott.

JavaBuc
09-13-2012, 08:19 AM
I watched the game and don't remember him standing out. Thought Ronde Barber at FS was more of a factor, doesn't mead the kid isn't good just don't remember him being that big of an impact.

He didn't stand out. That's true. And he got totally burned for a TD by LaFell.

Red Barron
09-13-2012, 09:56 AM
They should be.. Mark Barron is a beast.

PBTimmons
09-13-2012, 09:59 AM
The entire Bucs secondary is solid with stars. Barron, Barber, Talib and Wright.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/131/351/eb6.jpg

Red Barron
09-13-2012, 10:06 AM
Stars indeed.. Better than that intensive care unit for the Giants.

GMENAGAIN
09-13-2012, 10:12 AM
LOL . . . .the next Ronnie Lott after one game. Child please . . .. .

Didn't Michael Johnson break Steve Smith's arm? Maybe he was the next Ronnie Lott then . . . .. .

Have to admit, it was a pretty good shot though . . . . .

Greg Schiano
09-13-2012, 10:22 AM
They should be.. Mark Barron is a beast.

Why do you talk about yourself in the 3rd person? That's just weird and I'm Greg Schiano, the Head Coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I keep signing players from Rutgers as if that wasn't weird enough.

Red Barron
09-13-2012, 10:24 AM
I'm sorry coach. Won't do it again. I'll make it up to when I pick Eli on Sunday

BuffyBlueII
09-13-2012, 10:30 AM
I shudder everytime I hear Omaha, even when my daughter and I talk about Nebraska.That was ridiculous when they didn't even change it.One of Eli's ealry games he got messed with by Ray Lewis and Ravens defense. Eli would call pick up the nickel (free blitzer) and Ray and another Raven would switch places and shout I'm the nickel and no I'm the nickle. Ray said it rattles Eli but that the next time they played 2008 that Eli was unshackable.

Ntegrase96
09-13-2012, 12:14 PM
Never heard of him, and unless he returned 5 interceptions for TDs in one game then it is WAY too premature and blasphemous to compare a rookie with one game under his belt to Ronnie Lott.

It was premature to crown Roy Williams the next Ronnie Lott and he had about 3 years of solid play.

Dos Equis
09-13-2012, 12:23 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/social_assets/nfl/Week_1/Panthers_Bucs/SteveSmithGetsBlownUP.gif

Red Barron
09-13-2012, 12:46 PM
Rocked that young man. Victor Cruz is next. Tell him I said it

Dos Equis
09-13-2012, 12:51 PM

Mark, you're a rookie. So, as a rookie, why the hell would you refer to Steve Smith as a young man?

Weird.

SweetZombieJesus
09-13-2012, 12:52 PM
Ronnie Lott, eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pssDR0ERnw

Greg Schiano
09-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Mark, you're a rookie. So, as a rookie, why the hell would you refer to Steve Smith as a young man?

Weird.

Rookie mistake. Toes on the line!

Ntegrase96
09-13-2012, 12:56 PM
I like Barron. I think I even liked the idea of Barron over Claiborne (and keeping our 2nd round pick). But it's way too early to call him the next Ronnie Lott.

That's one hell of a hit against a pretty tough WR. But delivering hits like that only shortens your career.

See: Roy Williams http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbjQIA7EN4s

Hope Barron's career doesn't end up like Roy's.

CarlNicks
09-13-2012, 01:06 PM
Great point Ntegrase96(what a name!). Hits like that from Barron will definitely shorten Cruz's career.

Red Barron
09-13-2012, 01:47 PM
Mark, you're a rookie. So, as a rookie, why the hell would you refer to Steve Smith as a young man?Weird.Avoiding curse words.. Trying to be the best "Buccaneer Man" I can be.

OX1
09-13-2012, 02:05 PM

Tell him yourself while he jukes by ya, if you commit that hard on him.......

primetime
09-13-2012, 02:43 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/social_assets/nfl/Week_1/Panthers_Bucs/SteveSmithGetsBlownUP.gif

Oh my, he hit Steve Smith who is about 5'9' 185lbs.
What's the over under this season for blackouts?

Red Barron
09-13-2012, 02:58 PM
Oh my, he hit Steve Smith who is about 5'9' 185lbs. What's the over under this season for blackouts?You mean before or after we break the brakes off you guys?

primetime
09-13-2012, 03:16 PM
You mean before or after we break the brakes off you guys?
"Break the brakes?"
It's cute to see Bucs fans happy and confident, hell maybe you guys will do something good this year. I mean you did beat the Panthers last week, so that must mean playoffs here you come. Mark Barron is the next Ronnie Lott, Carl Nicks is the next John Hannah, and Josh Freeman is the next Dan Marino. All silly comparisons, but I would not be surprised you and fellow Bucs fans see those comparisons.

I'm looking forward to this week; the Giants played their worst football last week and only lost by a touchdown, if you and your fellow fans want to sleep on them and think this will be a walk in the park go right ahead. I do guarantee this, the Giants will not make the same mental mistakes they did last week. Enjoy the game and let the better team win. Go Giants...

GiantWarfare
09-13-2012, 03:25 PM
Barron, the new Ronnie Lott? After one game huh? Color me impressed.

Red Barron
09-13-2012, 03:56 PM
"Break the brakes?" It's cute to see Bucs fans happy and confident, hell maybe you guys will do something good this year. I mean you did beat the Panthers last week, so that must mean playoffs here you come. Mark Barron is the next Ronnie Lott, Carl Nicks is the next John Hannah, and Josh Freeman is the next Dan Marino. All silly comparisons, but I would not be surprised you and fellow Bucs fans see those comparisons. I'm looking forward to this week; the Giants played their worst football last week and only lost by a touchdown, if you and your fellow fans want to sleep on them and think this will be a walk in the park go right ahead. I do guarantee this, the Giants will not make the same mental mistakes they did last week. Enjoy the game and let the better team win. Go Giants...You guys lost to the sorry cowpokes but that was just a fluke game right? With that rag tag secondary y'all made Tony Romo look like friggin Dan Marino.. No reason to confident in those bums. Tell prince to get off of the cold tub bcuz I know he's there.

Red Barron
09-13-2012, 05:20 PM
Those turds in blue made Miles Austin and the great KEVIN OGLETREE look like Lynn Swann and John Stallworth.

Greg Schiano
09-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Good times, I've returned.

Red Barron
09-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Good times, I've returned.Welcome back coach. Is our gameplan ready?

CarlNicks
09-13-2012, 05:43 PM
Welcome back coach. Is our gameplan ready?

Pretty sure it involves running over/dragging mofos. Also, hopefully, cheeseburgers, as I'm quite fond of those.

Red Barron
09-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Pretty sure it involves running over/dragging mofos. Also, hopefully, cheeseburgers, as I'm quite fond of those.We know you'll be doing alot of that Carl

Greg Schiano
09-13-2012, 06:10 PM
Gameplans are for kids. We are Buccaneer men. We're going to wing it.

sharick88
09-13-2012, 06:18 PM
Bucs new rookie safety Mark Barron has been compared to Ronnie Lott after week 1. I know every time the Bucs played against Ronnie Lott back in the day, I was worried about Lott wreaking havoc. I'm curious if you Giants fans are impressed or intimidated by Barron? If so, do you think the WR's for the Giants may have alligator arms this week so the Giants will stick with the run? Even in the run game, Barron may be a threat to knock someone out. So even the RB's have to be concerned. How do you think the Giants will account for Barron's hammering hits and powerful presence?

From Pro Football Weekly:

Rookie FS Mark Barron looked like a young Ronnie Lott leveling the game’s strongest pound-for-pound receiver, Steve Smith, on the sideline with a hammering blow. More impressive, after being utilized most extensively in the box at Alabama as a senior, was the way Barron was able to range deep from the box and break up a pass over the top intended for speedster Louis Murphy on third down with a 13-7 lead in jeopardy.

I think this kid is going to be a future star, but let's not get carried away here. Kind of hard to compare him to Ronnie Lott after just one game. Steve Mariucci calling Robert Griffin III the most athletic quarterback ever after just one game thinks that this is a stretch

Greg Schiano
09-13-2012, 06:21 PM
Because of Mark Barron people eat Red Barron pizza. Nobody eats Red Barron pizza!

sharick88
09-13-2012, 06:26 PM
Because of Mark Barron people eat Red Barron pizza. Nobody eats Red Barron pizza!

Stoners and potheads do. LOL

CarlNicks
09-13-2012, 06:59 PM
Stoners and potheads do. LOL

Tanard Jackson buys Red Barron pizza in bulk.

giantyankee1976
09-13-2012, 07:29 PM
...oh who gives a F

Greg Schiano
09-13-2012, 07:37 PM

LOL

appodictic
09-13-2012, 11:31 PM

FOR THE LAST TIME Omaha is NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTT an audible. It is what eli says when the clock is winding down.....

Drew breese says Omaha Omaha as well when the clock is winding down.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ForzaGiants!
09-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Oh my, he hit Steve Smith who is about 5'9' 185lbs.
What's the over under this season for blackouts?

Depends on the weather in Tampa. Right now 1-0 its partly cloudy with a chance of fair weather fans.

sharick88
09-14-2012, 12:32 AM
Depends on the weather in Tampa. Right now 1-0 its partly cloudy with a chance of fair weather fans.

LMFAO

sharick88
09-14-2012, 12:33 AM

Jax here does more roids than Lattimer from The Program

Greg Schiano
09-14-2012, 02:03 AM

This is not completely accurate. I don't see any clouds outside.

tonyt830
09-14-2012, 08:23 AM
I would say its just a tad too early to compare Barron and Ronnie Lott. Ronnie Lott paid his dues to the NFL, including amputating part of his finger so he could play in a game.

Greg Schiano
09-14-2012, 09:06 AM
I would say its just a tad too early to compare Barron and Ronnie Lott. Ronnie Lott paid his dues to the NFL, including amputating part of his finger so he could play in a game.

Pretty sure that wasn't during the game like everyone says but that is still amazing. Where's Mark at? Mark is a baller, we'll cut off two of his fingers in tribute.

Dos Equis
09-14-2012, 11:20 AM
If New Yawkers would stop moving down here in droves, and raising their children to root for the Jets, Giants, Yanks, and Mets (which team depends on who has the best record in that given year)........we would maybe have a chance at having a good quality and sizable Buccaneer fanbase.

Oh, and don't get so big-headed because a city that has 29 billion people in it can sell out a 70,000 seat stadium.

Another thing, come talk to me when you don't have to share your stadium with another NFL team, and when your NEW YORK team actually plays in NEW YORK.

The New York Giants playing their home games in New Jersey is like the Tampa Bay Buccaneers playing their home games in Valdosta , GA.

Greg Schiano
09-14-2012, 11:35 AM
If New Yawkers would stop moving down here in droves, and raising their children to root for the Jets, Giants, Yanks, and Mets (which team depends on who has the best record in that given year)........we would maybe have a chance at having a good quality and sizable Buccaneer fanbase.

Oh, and don't get so big-headed because a city that has 29 billion people in it can sell out a 70,000 seat stadium.

Another thing, come talk to me when you don't have to share your stadium with another NFL team, and when your NEW YORK team actually plays in NEW YORK.

The New York Giants playing their home games in New Jersey is like the Tampa Bay Buccaneers playing their home games in Valdosta , GA.

We should play our games in the High Point Solutions Stadium.

Dos Equis
09-14-2012, 11:49 AM
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s516/skulldog04/2d465534.jpg

Giantz4Life
09-14-2012, 12:32 PM

What are you rambling on about, butt pirate?

Dos Equis
09-14-2012, 12:53 PM
What are you rambling on about, butt pirate?

Zip it, anal viking.

JavaBuc
09-14-2012, 01:04 PM
Pretty sure that wasn't during the game like everyone says but that is still amazing. Where's Mark at? Mark is a baller, we'll cut off two of his fingers in tribute.

Actually, I do think it was during a game.

tonyt830
09-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Pretty sure that wasn't during the game like everyone says but that is still amazing. Where's Mark at? Mark is a baller, we'll cut off two of his fingers in tribute.Yeah I never said it was during the game, I meant that he had part of it cut off so he could play in the next game.

The New York Giants playing their home games in New Jersey is like the Tampa Bay Buccaneers playing their home games in Valdosta , GA.Oh you are just a wee off when comparing Tampa/Valdosta to NYC/East Rutherford. Its only about 6 or 7 miles from the stadium to the NYC. You are another one of those that have a thing when it comes to the city/state the Giants play in. They have a long storied history with New York, nothing you can do about it, except whine about it.

Giantz4Life
09-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Yeah I never said it was during the game, I meant that he had part of it cut off so he could play in the next game.

Oh you are just a wee off when comparing Tampa/Valdosta to NYC/East Rutherford. Its only about 6 or 7 miles from the stadium to the NYC. You are another one of those that have a thing when it comes to the city/state the Giants play in. They have a long storied history with New York, nothing you can do about it, except whine about it.

Don't worry Tony, we as Giants fans know that the Giants actually played in New York for many years before relocating to New Jersey to gain a larger stadium with more seating capacity. There's not exactly a lot of real estate in NYC to build a football stadium. You were spot on with your assessment of the distance. In fact, our stadium is a mere 6.9 miles from Times Square.

Giantz4Life
09-14-2012, 01:20 PM
Zip it, anal viking.

Zipping it. Spot on. It is exactly what you will be doing at approximately 4:15 PM EST on Sunday.

I can already tell you are not the kind to come back after a loss and take your lumps.

Greg Schiano
09-14-2012, 01:34 PM
Trust. Belief. Accountability.

Dos Equis
09-14-2012, 02:34 PM
Zipping it. Spot on. It is exactly what you will be doing at approximately 4:15 PM EST on Sunday.

I can already tell you are not the kind to come back after a loss and take your lumps.

Time will only tell, buttercup.

Giantz4Life
09-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Time will only tell, buttercup.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110204165558/uncyclopedia/images/a/ab/GrammarPoliceLogo.jpg
I think you were trying to say: Only time will tell. Jagoff.

ForzaGiants!
09-14-2012, 02:55 PM

80K+ for the record, and we have generational fans as you mentioned, unlike florida who could care less about professional sports. As far as stadiums go, would much rather play in ours than have some disney land pirates of the Caribbean ship. Though you did need something to distract you from that disaster of a team for the past few years.

Dos Equis
09-14-2012, 04:34 PM
Jagoff.

sen·tence (shttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/ebreve.gifnhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/prime.gifthttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/schwa.gifns) n. 1. A grammatical unit that is syntactically independent and has a subject that is expressed or, as in imperative sentences, understood and a predicate that contains at least one finite verb.

Your capitalization of the word 'jagoff' is correct. Where things go wrong with your attempt at proper grammar is your usage of a period. Your usage of a period implies you were trying to a form a sentence. Grammatically, a period is only used for the full pause with which the utterance of a sentence closes. So, what we have here is referred to as a sentence fragment in the world of grammar.

Apparently, you are a grammar cop who needs more training.

Dos Equis
09-14-2012, 04:38 PM
80K+ for the record, and we have generational fans as you mentioned, unlike florida who could care less about professional sports. As far as stadiums go, would much rather play in ours than have some disney land pirates of the Caribbean ship. Though you did need something to distract you from that disaster of a team for the past few years.

So, you are a Giants fan in Oklahoma.

That is very interesting.

I am pretty confident that you started rooting for them on, say, Feb. 4, 2008.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

ForzaGiants!
09-14-2012, 05:10 PM
Oklahoma is where Im stationed, Tinker Air Force Base to be exact apart of TACAMO meaning take charge and move out which is exactly what the giants will be doing this Sunday. Nice try though. I know you like to use grammar smack but I'm using my phone to school you so if there is a typo flame away.

Don't you have a usf bulls pep rally to go to? Oh wait they just got beat down from a team that plays in Jersey already. Should be a familiar theme come Sunday.

Giantz4Life
09-14-2012, 05:13 PM
Way to take the grammar thing and run with it. Good for you! The point is, I am guessing that your IQ is sub-par based on your inability to correctly phrase a very common saying. I am glad you spent all that time looking up sentence and grammar rules, and even more surprised you were able to use the copy and paste function competently.

Now to the football game.

http://www.juanelway.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/JPP1.jpg

You're going to see a lot of this on Sunday afternoon. So much so that after the game you will come back on here and admit that you are in fact down with JPP.

Greg Schiano
09-14-2012, 05:37 PM
Oklahoma is where Im stationed, Tinker Air Force Base to be exact apart of TACAMO meaning take charge and move out which is exactly what the giants will be doing this Sunday. Nice try though. I know you like to use grammar smack but I'm using my phone to school you so if there is a typo flame away.

Don't you have a usf bulls pep rally to go to? Oh wait they just got beat down from a team that plays in Jersey already. Should be a familiar theme come Sunday.

Pretty sure we're all Rutgers fans in Tampa. We'd be going to Rutgers pep rallys.

Greg Schiano
09-14-2012, 05:38 PM
You're going to see a lot of this on Sunday afternoon. So much so that after the game you will come back on here and admit that you are in fact down with JPP.

If he's a former Giant, I'm down with him.

ForzaGiants!
09-14-2012, 06:13 PM
He's a former bull....close enough?

Greg Schiano
09-14-2012, 06:26 PM
He's a former bull....close enough?

Not from Rutgers. Not from the Giants. Not for Schiano.

miked1958
09-14-2012, 08:03 PM
Bucs new rookie safety Mark Barron has been compared to Ronnie Lott after week 1. I know every time the Bucs played against Ronnie Lott back in the day, I was worried about Lott wreaking havoc. I'm curious if you Giants fans are impressed or intimidated by Barron? If so, do you think the WR's for the Giants may have alligator arms this week so the Giants will stick with the run? Even in the run game, Barron may be a threat to knock someone out. So even the RB's have to be concerned. How do you think the Giants will account for Barron's hammering hits and powerful presence?From Pro Football Weekly:Rookie FS Mark Barron looked like a young Ronnie Lott leveling the game’s strongest pound-for-pound receiver, Steve Smith, on the sideline with a hammering blow. More impressive, after being utilized most extensively in the box at Alabama as a senior, was the way Barron was able to range deep from the box and break up a pass over the top intended for speedster Louis Murphy on third down with a 13-7 lead in jeopardy. Being that I was relocated down to the gulf coast of Alabama back in 97 (orig from CT area) I became a Bama fan in college football. I watched Mark Barron play. You guys have a Star. Trust me the kid is a winner. I wish we were able to get him

Bigbluefan77
09-15-2012, 04:06 PM
hes gonna bite on so many double moves this sunday

JavaBuc
09-16-2012, 04:49 AM
Being that I was relocated down to the gulf coast of Alabama back in 97 (orig from CT area) I became a Bama fan in college football. I watched Mark Barron play. You guys have a Star. Trust me the kid is a winner. I wish we were able to get him

He's already as good as Ronnie Lott.

miked1958
09-16-2012, 09:15 AM
He's already as good as Ronnie Lott.I agree the kid will be great in the NFL! I was saying that the whole time he played in college, that who ever drafted him would be drafting a gem. Same with a lot of those kids on that Defense that went to the NFl. A ton of talent.

miked1958
09-16-2012, 09:17 AM
However, let's not jump the gun. Ronnie Lott had a long decorated career in the NFL and was a multiple time pro bowler. Let's be careful saying Barron is already better then he was, lol.

miked1958
09-16-2012, 09:19 AM
However I did like the hit he laid on that WR for Carolina along the sidelines last week. I replayed it like 3/4 times. It was so loud

giantsforce
09-16-2012, 09:12 PM
Stars indeed.. Better than that intensive care unit for the Giants.Hmmm. Stars? Are they the same starts that they just got torched for almost 400 yards by Cruz and Nicks?

Greg Schiano
09-16-2012, 09:15 PM
Hmmm. Stars? Are they the same starts that they just got torched for almost 400 yards by Cruz and Nicks?

The Buccaneers secondary was not riding the wave today. Mark is a baller though.

giantsforce
09-16-2012, 09:18 PM
The Buccaneers secondary was not riding the wave today. Mark is a baller though.Hey Coach, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be off somewhere learning how to behave during the kneel downs at the end of the game?

Greg Schiano
09-16-2012, 09:49 PM
Hey Coach, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be off somewhere learning how to behave during the kneel downs at the end of the game?

Yeah, probably should be. We were gameplanning all week for how we were going to defend your victory formation.

derekunion28
09-16-2012, 09:58 PM
wow oh wow coach your a pos

derekunion28
09-16-2012, 10:28 PM
just plain stupidity

miked1958
09-16-2012, 11:08 PM
The Buccaneers secondary was not riding the wave today. Mark is a baller though.Coach did you realize at the time that a team coached by you had just given up the most yards (604) from scrimmage to an opposing Offense in Tampas Franchise history. Nice notch on the belt buckle foe a rookie coach

Greg Schiano
09-16-2012, 11:50 PM
Coach did you realize at the time that a team coached by you had just given up the most yards (604) from scrimmage to an opposing Offense in Tampas Franchise history. Nice notch on the belt buckle foe a rookie coach

Damn... I was going for the NFL record. So close.

Dos Equis
09-17-2012, 12:14 PM

My apologies, Forza. And, thanks for your service.

Understand, that we Tampa-natives get very tired of fans who live here but won't support our teams. Hence, my assumption.

Anyways, we got beat by a much better team. Eli is a cream-of-the-crop QB while Freeman is, well, not by any means. Great QBs adjust and never lose their composure. We saw that on Sunday.

Don't get me started on USF. Rutgers has pretty much always had our number......so nothing new there.

TheAnalyst
09-17-2012, 10:31 PM
Wow. Rutgers beat USF, Giants beat Bucs, and Yanks beat they Rays, all in 24 hours. Lol. New York owning Tampa

Greg Schiano
09-18-2012, 10:19 AM
Rutgers beat USF
Excellent!

TheAnalyst
09-18-2012, 01:28 PM
Excellent!

Rutgers is now 3-0 without their coach from last year. Shows how important he was...

Giantz4Life
09-18-2012, 02:14 PM
I don't know why you guys are giving Schiano (the poster not the actual coach) such a hard time. The dude has been cool while he was here, and he made some pretty funny posts. Especially when we were laying it into that Eagles troll.

Meh. You've got my approval Coach. You're welcome here any time.

Greg Schiano
09-18-2012, 03:11 PM
I don't know why you guys are giving Schiano (the poster not the actual coach) such a hard time. The dude has been cool while he was here, and he made some pretty funny posts. Especially when we were laying it into that Eagles troll.

Meh. You've got my approval Coach. You're welcome here any time.

Eh, it comes with the territory.

Funny story for you guys...

Since we're playing the Cowboys next week, I was looking to go to the Cowboys official site...
I found the giants official site out of whim by typing "Giants.com"
I tried that with the Cowboys. "Cowboys.com"
Trust me. Don't do it. But hilarious nevertheless.