PDA

View Full Version : Francesa on Spags!

53canton
12-16-2011, 03:00 PM
Said he feels that if Spags gets fired he would think it would be a big possibility he would be pursued by NYG and Philly to be def coor. again!

Wouldnt that be nice?! Would Mara outbid Philly?

Kruunch
12-16-2011, 03:02 PM
Said he feels that if Spags gets fired he would think it would be a big possibility he would be pursued by NYG and Philly to be def coor. again!

Francesa still follows football?

I'm shocked.

yoeddy
12-16-2011, 09:58 PM

I'm shocked.

lmao! How true...

VegasGmen
12-16-2011, 10:01 PM

I'm shocked.
The only thing he follows is the donut cart!

egyptian420
12-16-2011, 10:08 PM
Since I don't live in NY I've never really listened to the guy much except for a handlful of heated interviews.... lol I read about how he's been just a bandwagon jumper on teams that Parcells was coaching/affiliated with....lmao if thats the case, what a joker

Drez
12-16-2011, 10:26 PM
Would Mara outbid Philly?</P>

Seeing as we had previously made him one of the highest paid coordinators in the NFL (when he signed his extention after the SB), if Mara really wanted him back he'd pony up the money necessary to do it.</P>

Pakman
12-16-2011, 11:02 PM
Since I don't live in NY I've never really listened to the guy much except for a handlful of heated interviews.... lol I read about how he's been just a bandwagon jumper on teams that Parcells was coaching/affiliated with....lmao if thats the case, what a joker

He's not that bad. Francesa IMO is a great radio host.

But I also don't hate Collinsworth or Aikman...

egyptian420
12-17-2011, 12:10 AM

He's not that bad. Francesa IMO is a great radio host.

But I also don't hate Collinsworth or Aikman...
Neither do I....I do think Collinsworth is one annoying sounding person and kind of goofy with the things he says, Aikman is fine

elifan10
12-17-2011, 12:24 AM
Spags please come back!!!!!! I would love it

ashleymarie
12-17-2011, 01:41 AM
Would Spags agree to being a coordinator after being a head coach?

giantsfan420
12-17-2011, 02:05 AM

thats a good question. its starting to look more and more likely he will be fired after this season.

spags seem like hes very passionate about football and loves coaching. i dont think he could turn down a job as DC if he cant get a HC job, which he still very well could. ex/ miami

imo, he wouldnt take like a DC Assistant LB coach job, but he'd take a job as DC if its in the right place

GMENAGAIN
12-17-2011, 07:06 AM

If he wants to work he will . . . . he's not going to get another HC job until he reestablishes himself as a coordinator somewhere . . . .

fourth&forever
12-17-2011, 07:16 AM
when is Fewell's contract up?

hungrrrry
12-17-2011, 07:44 AM
I don't believe they will make a competetive offer...low ball him like everyone else

Captain Chaos
12-17-2011, 08:05 AM

I'm shocked.

lmao! How true...

+1

krygny
12-17-2011, 08:52 AM
Would Mara outbid Philly?</p>

Seeing as we had previously made him one of the highest paid coordinators in the NFL (when he signed his extention after the SB), if Mara really wanted him back he'd pony up the money necessary to do it.</p>
I don't think so; not the Giants' style to get into a bidding war. But I can see where the Giants would tacitly remain close-mouthed and allow Spags to put the screws to Philly just to squeeze more money out of them.

I still think Fewell is well-liked and respected within the organization. If Coughlin stays, so do Gilbride and Fewell. Sorry haters.

TroyArcher
12-17-2011, 12:44 PM

He may not have a choice.

logan9839
12-17-2011, 12:57 PM
I think it would be great, if the D keeps playing like this I don't think the can keep Fewell. If we could get Spags, we would be a favored team next year.

giantfanatic
12-17-2011, 01:10 PM
I figure it is a dead heat - either Reid stays and gets Spags or Coughlin stays and gets Spags. In either case, Spags is a head coach in three years if he does well.

The eagles haveone advantage in that they do not have to fire the D coordinator, they will just move him somewhere else.

miked1958
12-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Spags may look for another HC position first

BetterthenU
12-17-2011, 02:16 PM
Why overpay for a DC thats clearly not head coach material? Both Philly and NYG will be looking for a new HC in a few short years for sure.

GMENAGAIN
12-17-2011, 07:19 PM
Spags may look for another HC position first

He can look all he wants . . . . he's not going to get another HC position coming off of his firing by the Rams . . . .

Drez
12-17-2011, 07:56 PM
Why overpay for a DC thats clearly not head coach material? Both Philly and NYG will be looking for a new HC in a few short years for sure.
</P>

Because a coordinator needn't be HC material.</P>

Do you think LeBeau or Capers wouldn't command top dollar on theDC market, even though both have failed as HCs?</P>

Joe Morrison
12-17-2011, 08:21 PM
when is Fewell's contract up?</P>

If he gives up 30+ points everygame from here it won't be long!</P>