PDA

View Full Version : Cruz fined for his unnecessary roughness penalty

AllTuckedUp
12-16-2011, 03:24 PM
@MikeGarafolo
Mike Garafolo
Giants WR Victor Cruz fined $7,500 for a late hit vs Cowboys on Mario Manningham's TD. #nyg

Wow the league has gotten soft.

AllTuckedUp
12-16-2011, 03:24 PM
@MikeGarafolo
Mike Garafolo
Giants WR Victor Cruz fined $7,500 for a late hit vs Cowboys on Mario Manningham's TD. #nyg

burier
12-16-2011, 03:32 PM
*facepalm*

jhamburg
12-16-2011, 03:36 PM
@MikeGarafolo
Mike Garafolo

Don't agree with the fine but have no sympathy for Cruz since it falls into the stupidity category rather than playing too hard.

ny06
12-16-2011, 03:36 PM
No Fun League strikes again...

MikeIsaGiant
12-16-2011, 03:37 PM
@MikeGarafolo
Mike Garafolo

Don't agree with the fine but have no sympathy for Cruz since it falls into the stupidity category rather than playing too hard.

Cruz hasn't been playing hard?

jhamburg
12-16-2011, 03:39 PM
@MikeGarafolo
Mike Garafolo

Did I say that?

MikeIsaGiant
12-16-2011, 03:43 PM
@MikeGarafolo
Mike Garafolo

Did I say that?

No, but in all fairness, you made no sense, "it falls into the stupidity category rather than the playing too hard category". Can you elaborate, because it clearly seems you were implying it.

jhamburg
12-16-2011, 03:49 PM
@MikeGarafolo
Mike Garafolo

Did I say that?

No, but in all fairness, you made no sense, "it falls into the stupidity category rather than the playing too hard category". Can you elaborate, because it clearly seems you were implying it.

I was talking about the play that caused the fine, not his play in general. I thought that was fairly obvious.

Kruunch
12-16-2011, 04:57 PM
@MikeGarafolo
Mike Garafolo

Ray Bradbury approves.

logan9839
12-16-2011, 05:12 PM
That is crazy, it was a penalty for sure, but not a dirty hit in any way....

Dabluguy
12-16-2011, 06:36 PM
Thats beyond ridiculous. Geting too soft and quite possibly the worst refereeing ever the NFL is sad shape.

Giantsin04
12-16-2011, 06:49 PM
Thats beyond ridiculous. Geting too soft and quite possibly the worst refereeing ever the NFL is sad shape.

Your sig is awful.

ShakeNBake
12-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Goodell and the NFL would garnish a hell of a lot more respect if they were more consistent with their fines and penalties

miked1958
12-16-2011, 06:53 PM
That is crazy, it was a penalty for sure, but not a dirty hit in any way....
Yes I agree. He kind just pushed him a bit. Didn't even knock him over. The 15 yard flag was penalty enough IMO

supergiants07
12-16-2011, 06:59 PM
The reason I thought Cruz went for the late hit is because the guy he late hit was the cowboy that hit him helmet to helmet earlier in the game.

It could of been a different person but as soon as I saw Cruz do that, that was my first thought. Cruz hasn't played dirty all year so the only reason I had for him doing that was cause of the helmet to helmet hit on him earlier on.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-16-2011, 07:04 PM
The reason I thought Cruz went for the late hit is because the guy he late hit was the cowboy that hit him helmet to helmet earlier in the game. It could of been a different person but as soon as I saw Cruz do that, that was my first thought. Cruz hasn't played dirty all year so the only reason I had for him doing that was cause of the helmet to helmet hit on him earlier on.</P>

Cruz doing it all..Making up for the defense's softness. </P>

Gianthunter
12-16-2011, 07:36 PM
Actually the fine is a consistent ruling. Inconsistent would be no fine.

RoanokeFan
12-16-2011, 07:43 PM
@MikeGarafolo
Mike Garafolo

Aren't all penalties "stupid"?

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-16-2011, 07:47 PM
@MikeGarafolo Mike Garafolo Giants WR Victor Cruz fined $7,500 for a late hit vs Cowboys on Mario Manningham's TD. #nyg Wow the league has gotten soft. Don't agree with the fine but have no sympathy for Cruz since it falls into the stupidity category rather than playing too hard.

</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>No, of course not, only when they cost us points or yards.</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#ff0000></FONT></P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>* edited for the sarcasm challenged *</FONT></P>

RoanokeFan
12-16-2011, 07:49 PM
@MikeGarafolo Mike Garafolo Giants WR Victor Cruz fined $7,500 for a late hit vs Cowboys on Mario Manningham's TD. #nyg Wow the league has gotten soft. Don't agree with the fine but have no sympathy for Cruz since it falls into the stupidity category rather than playing too hard.

</p>

No, of course not, only when they cost us points or yards.</p>

Don't the all cost yards?

giantsfan420
12-16-2011, 07:50 PM

</P>

No, of course not, only when they cost us points or yards.</P>

every penalty can cost you point or yards. all penalties are stupid, i dunno how you could think otherwise...

what penalty isnt stupid? well I guess that if a DB gets burnt and has no over the top help its smart to grab ahold of the WR so a TD is prevented, but that is the one example I can think of and even then, the pass could be inaccurate or the wr could drop it etc...

edit- or on that example of a DB getting burned, the DB wouldnt know if the offense was penalized for an illegal formation or a holding so if the DB commits a penalty then the penalties offset...I cant really think of a penalty that isnt stupid and doesnt cost you yards and essentially points...

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-16-2011, 07:52 PM

</P>

every penalty can cost you point or yards. all penalties are stupid, i dunno how you could think otherwise... what penalty isnt stupid? well I guess that if a DB gets burnt and has no over the top help its smart to grab ahold of the WR so a TD is prevented, but that is the one example I can think of and even then, the pass could be inaccurate or the wr could drop it etc...</P>

Im sorry I guess I thought you might have been witty enough to notice the sarcasm dripping off this one...hint hint - it should be in red, there ya go pal!</P>

giantsfan420
12-16-2011, 07:55 PM

</P>

every penalty can cost you point or yards. all penalties are stupid, i dunno how you could think otherwise... what penalty isnt stupid? well I guess that if a DB gets burnt and has no over the top help its smart to grab ahold of the WR so a TD is prevented, but that is the one example I can think of and even then, the pass could be inaccurate or the wr could drop it etc...</P>

Im sorry I guess I thought you might have been witty enough to notice the sarcasm dripping off this one...hint hint - it should be in red, there ya go pal!</P>

I guess me and RF both missed that then...and its hard to tell if some one is being sarcastic on like a 6 word statement that really doesnt indicate one way or the other. and it wouldnt be me who wasnt witty enough itd be you because your statement doesnt seem sarcastic at all in the way your wrote it.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-16-2011, 08:01 PM

</P>

I guess me and RF both missed that then...and its hard to tell if some one is being sarcastic on like a 6 word statement that really doesnt indicate one way or the other. and it wouldnt be me who wasnt witty enough itd be you because your statement doesnt seem sarcastic at all in the way your wrote it.</P>

I like the way you name dropped there. Yes, you and RF both missed it. Every penalty costs you yards...so when I say not all penalties are stupid unless they cost you yards. Sarcastic right...no? yea? still thinking about it?? yeah it was sarcastic..pretty cut and dry, you need further clarification? Let me know, ill help you out.</P>

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-16-2011, 08:04 PM

</P>

I guess me and RF both missed that then...and its hard to tell if some one is being sarcastic on like a 6 word statement that really doesnt indicate one way or the other. and it wouldnt be me who wasnt witty enough itd be you because your statement doesnt seem sarcastic at all in the way your wrote it.</P>

But next time I'll put it in red before the Witty Police come looking for me!</P>

giantsfan420
12-16-2011, 08:05 PM

</P>

I like the way you name dropped there.* Yes, you and RF both missed it.* Every penalty costs you yards...so when I say not all penalties are stupid unless they cost you yards.* Sarcastic right...no? yea?* still thinking about it?? yeah it was sarcastic..pretty cut and dry, you need further clarification? Let me know, ill help you out.</P>

i need no help from you on anything. why are you always trying to act like a tough guy or smart ***? you made a confusing statement and it caught me off guard. "name dropped" you mocked me bc I couldnt recognize your satirical genius lol and RF just before me questioned your statement like i did.

me needing lessons from you on wit and sarcasm is like me needing an ******* on my elbow.

take it easy man, you made a confusing statement. not me. i then tried to converse with you respectfully and tried to like figure where you were coming from...i didnt take the first chance i could to jump all over you like your so quick to do.

but i can see this could drag on forever so ill just say peace. later

edit- now thats ironic. you jump on me for "not being witty enough to understand your genius" lol, and then you use YOUR foolishness and apply it to me like i was acting like the "witty police"...please man, grow up or at least learn how to have some class. you made a confusing remark that obviously others didnt catch your meaning.

and to top it off, i actually tried conversing with you respectfully to see where you were coming from...dont worry, last time i try that.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-16-2011, 08:19 PM

</P>

I like the way you name dropped there. Yes, you and RF both missed it. Every penalty costs you yards...so when I say not all penalties are stupid unless they cost you yards. Sarcastic right...no? yea? still thinking about it?? yeah it was sarcastic..pretty cut and dry, you need further clarification? Let me know, ill help you out.</P>

i need no help from you on anything. why are you always trying to act like a tough guy or smart ***? you made a confusing statement and it caught me off guard. "name dropped" you mocked me bc I couldnt recognize your satirical genius lol and RF just before me questioned your statement like i did. me needing lessons from you on wit and sarcasm is like me needing an ******* on my elbow. take it easy man, you made a confusing statement. not me. i then tried to converse with you respectfully and tried to like figure where you were coming from...i didnt take the first chance i could to jump all over you like your so quick to do. but i can see this could drag on forever so ill just say peace. later edit- now thats ironic. you jump on me for "not being witty enough to understand your genius" lol, and then you use YOUR foolishness and apply it to me like i was acting like the "witty police"...please man, grow up or at least learn how to have some class. you made a confusing remark that obviously others didnt catch your meaning. and to top it off, i actually tried conversing with you respectfully to see where you were coming from...dont worry, last time i try that.</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>Sorry for always acting tough and being a smart ***, I will try and grow up and have some class.</FONT></P>

<FONT color=#000000>Not really a big deal to me just men busting eachother's chops. Maybe since it's online, its harder to decipher someone's tone or sarcasm. Your response to my original post was taken out of context, I apologize. I took it that you were coming at me for my "sarcastic" post. Honestly, I don't think its that big of a deal to questions someone's class or maturity level. It's a message board and it's not like either of us are trolls.. Nor do I think that I have acquired a reputation for being a tough guy. So maybe in me recognizing my own faults, you may recognize your own. LikeI said,I may have questioned your sense of humor, but not your class or maturity level. I think you may be a little sensitive or over dramatic. Not a big deal, I am over it.</FONT></P>

Roosevelt
12-16-2011, 09:25 PM
@MikeGarafolo
Mike Garafolo

Unreal.

Harooni
12-16-2011, 10:14 PM
some penalties cant be avoided , however late hits arent one of them.. But to fine for it is crazy a guy like cruz isnt making superstar money.

giantsfan420
12-16-2011, 10:30 PM
some penalties cant be avoided , however late hits arent one of them..** But to fine for it is crazy a guy like cruz isnt making superstar money.

+1

fourth&forever
12-16-2011, 11:44 PM
The reason I thought Cruz went for the late hit is because the guy he late hit was the cowboy that hit him helmet to helmet earlier in the game.
It could of been a different person but as soon as I saw Cruz do that, that was my first thought. Cruz hasn't played dirty all year so the only reason I had for him doing that was cause of the helmet to helmet hit on him earlier on.
I went back to look. The helmet to helmet hit was perpetrated by #20 Alan Ball. It was a bang bang play and Cruz did not see who hit him. Then 3 plays later on MM's td, Cruz earned his flag on a slightly late hit to #41 Terence Newman.

Meanhothead
12-17-2011, 05:57 AM
Cruz was definitely retaliating for the hit he got earlier. I was concerned he was going to come out of the game.

I dont agree with the fine, but the hit was after the ref threw up his hands to signal the TD.

Personally I had no problem with the penalty, and I kinda liked it. I like WRs that don't mind hitting people.

hungrrrry
12-17-2011, 07:47 AM
WTF? Didn't lead with the head, grab face mask or poke his eyes out...I don't get it

fourth&forever
12-17-2011, 09:26 AM
WTF? Didn't lead with the head, grab face mask or poke his eyes out...I don't get it
The fines seem illogical and random.

chasjay
12-17-2011, 10:22 AM
@MikeGarafolo
Mike Garafolo

I agree with your point in general, but there are exceptions - the PI that saves a TD is the most obvious one to me. And if an O lineman holds on almost every play (and there are plenty who do), he knows the refs are only going to flag the most obvious ones, so he he gets a bunch of "free" holds every game.

RoanokeFan
12-17-2011, 12:02 PM
@MikeGarafolo
Mike Garafolo

I agree with your point in general, but there are exceptions - the PI that saves a TD is the most obvious one to me. And if an O lineman holds on almost every play (and there are plenty who do), he knows the refs are only going to flag the most obvious ones, so he he gets a bunch of "free" holds every game.

Those "free holds" drive me crazy. I'd rather they call the all or none of them. Play the damn game.

jhamburg
12-17-2011, 02:20 PM
@MikeGarafolo
Mike Garafolo

Anything that happens after the whistle is automatically more stupid because it can't help us, it can only hurt.

Husky
12-17-2011, 05:05 PM
@MikeGarafolo
Mike Garafolo

A Cheap price for a lesson learned.