PDA

View Full Version : Eli Clears up the Mario INT at San Fran Part 2

burier
12-16-2011, 03:27 PM
There was a long hard faught debate about and interception Eli threw against the 49ers.

Eli said that Mario was on an incut apparently Mario thought Eli was scrambling so he didn't run the incut. Eli threw the incut...No Manningham...INT.

I felt that since Eli wasn't scrambling Mario should have run his route accordingly. But here's a quote from Hakeem Nicks about Sundays game against the Cowboys.

"WE HAVE A RULE where we bang the in cut out if we canít win the in cut,"

Nicks said. "I felt 'E' rolling out. I thought automatically he couldnít throw an in cut across his body, so I broke it out to the sideline and we were on the same page."

I fee like its reasonable to apply this quote to the San Fran game. After rewatching the play I believe Manningham felt he could not win the In-Cut and "Banged it out"

Nicks wasn't completely clear in this quote on weather you are only to break the route if Eli scrambles but I'm going to say based on what he does confirm in the quote that my initial thought on the San Fran play was wrong and that Manningham did the right thing and the INT was completely on Eli.

There.

wolfie
12-16-2011, 03:33 PM
Wrong!</P>

In, Out,...#$%#&amp;. Manningham stopped. He didn't cut out, he just plain f&amp;*&amp;$g stopped.</P>

There.</P>

MattMeyerBud
12-16-2011, 03:37 PM
Wrong!</p>

In, Out,...#$%#&amp;. Manningham stopped. He didn't cut out, he just plain f&amp;*&amp;$g stopped.</p>

There.</p>

no he didn;t. I rewatched that play a dozen times

that was on Eli

YATittle1962
12-16-2011, 03:37 PM
There was a long hard faught debate about and interception Eli threw against the 49ers.

Eli said that Mario was on an incut apparently Mario thought Eli was scrambling so he didn't run the incut. Eli threw the incut...No Manningham...INT.

I felt that since Eli wasn't scrambling Mario should have run his route accordingly. But here's a quote from Hakeem Nicks about Sundays game against the Cowboys.

Nicks said. "I felt 'E' rolling out. I thought automatically he couldnít throw an in cut across his body, so I broke it out to the sideline and we were on the same page."

I fee like its reasonable to apply this quote to the San Fran game. After rewatching the play I believe Manningham felt he could not win the In-Cut and "Banged it out"

Nicks wasn't completely clear in this quote on weather you are only to break the route if Eli scrambles but I'm going to say based on what he does confirm in the quote that my initial thought on the San Fran play was wrong and that Manningham did the right thing and the INT was completely on Eli.

There.

louisville slugger meet dead horse......but

I tried tirelessly to explain this in that endless thread to no avail

even had quotes from Giants coaches who are acquaintances of mine

to quote John Belushi......"but nooooooooooo!!!!!"

wolfie
12-16-2011, 03:42 PM
Wrong!</P>

In, Out,...#$%#&amp;. Manningham stopped. He didn't cut out, he just plain f&amp;*&amp;$g stopped.</P>

There.</P>

that was on Eli
</P>

I have watched it many times also. He started in then stopped. The ball went where he was supposed to be.You wnat to put the blame on Eli, fine. I put the blame on Manningham.</P>

MattMeyerBud
12-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Wrong!</p>

In, Out,...#$%#&amp;. Manningham stopped. He didn't cut out, he just plain f&amp;*&amp;$g stopped.</p>

There.</p>

that was on Eli
</p>

I have watched it many times also. He started in then stopped. The ball went where he was supposed to be.You wnat to put the blame on Eli, fine. I put the blame on Manningham.</p>

even if Mario kept going he wasn't getting to where that ball was. It was a bad read by Eli

Sundown
12-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Lmao this is too funny!!!

dezzzR
12-16-2011, 03:50 PM
was this before or after plax was seen wearing a philly hat?

where are peoples heads today?

yoeddy
12-16-2011, 03:53 PM

There.

I thought that in that thread, you were trying to argue that there were too many defenders in the zone where Eli threw the ball to?

burier
12-16-2011, 03:53 PM

There.

Hahaha...I'm jut trying to fess up to being wrong...which is more than I can say for alot of posters here.

So there you have it YA. you were right, I was wrong.

yoeddy
12-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Wrong!</p>

In, Out,...#$%#&. Manningham stopped. He didn't cut out, he just plain f&*&$g stopped.</p>

There.</p>

that was on Eli
</p>

I have watched it many times also. He started in then stopped. The ball went where he was supposed to be.*You wnat to put the blame on Eli, fine. I put the blame on Manningham.*</p>

even if Mario kept going he wasn't getting to where that ball was. It was a bad read by Eli

If Mario kept going, he would have been right where Eli put the ball. However, it's a valid argument that the defender who was covering him had the better position, and that Manningham decided that he couldn't win the in and stopped to take it back out. I accept that as a reasonable explanation...that Eli read it and thought Manningham could win the in and Manningham read it differently and banged it out.

I don't think it was:

- Too many defenders in the zone
- Manningham thought Eli was scrambling

YATittle1962
12-16-2011, 03:59 PM

There.

Hahaha...I'm jut trying to fess up to being wrong...which is more than I can say for alot of posters here.

I think the educated football eye 99 times out of 100 would see it the way you did ........I just had a chance to speak to coaches so knew otherwise...

if I had not spoken to them I most likely would have been backing you up 100%

Manning
12-16-2011, 04:00 PM
ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? WHO CARES??? THAT HAPPENED 5-6 WEEKS AGO.

YATittle1962
12-16-2011, 04:01 PM
ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? WHO CARES??? THAT HAPPENED 5-6 WEEKS AGO.

some of us do....

dont post here if you dont

very simple

burier
12-16-2011, 04:16 PM

There.

I think the educated football eye 99 times out of 100 would see it the way you did ........I just had a chance to speak to coaches so knew otherwise...

Can you ask those guys what's going on with the redzone playcalling?

YATittle1962
12-16-2011, 04:20 PM

There.

I would love to......just really doesnt feel like my place to step

thats a bit of a casual offseason question possibly....

I dont really wanna be that guy right now

G-Man67
12-16-2011, 04:30 PM
yeah some people that have little understanding of modern passing offenses have way over-simplified that play

not saying Manningham isn't to blame, but clearly there was a lot more to it ... they don't just draw a down and in route in the dirt like we did back in the day ... there's a little more going on

barran21
12-16-2011, 04:36 PM
<div id="post_message_33496061" class=" post">

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/newsfeed/000/201/508/221435NothingtodoHereGifMadethiscuzIwas2479d828227 23.gif?1321553488
</div>

Gianthunter
12-16-2011, 04:41 PM
So much angst over one play.

burier
12-16-2011, 04:48 PM

There.

I would love to......just really doesnt feel like my place to step

thats a bit of a casual offseason question possibly....

I dont really wanna be that guy right now

nah I was only half serious....but if you can slip a question in...one day..I wouldn't mind

Kruunch
12-16-2011, 04:52 PM
I heard from a reliable source that I hang out with that knows how to spell Giants that Manningham received a death threat prior to the game, saying he was going to get shot if he didn't pull out of that route.

The truth finally comes out!

MattMeyerBud
12-16-2011, 04:58 PM
i don't know what failed more, that joke or your attempts to try and dump on the giants draft

Roosevelt
12-16-2011, 05:00 PM

There.

No offense but I can't believe this is important to anyone.

MattMeyerBud
12-16-2011, 05:44 PM

There.

lol what the hell.. the guy is serving himself crow 4 weeks later when he could of just kept it quiet

i find it commendable...

props to ya burier

YATittle1962
12-16-2011, 06:18 PM
I heard from a reliable source that I hang out with that knows how to spell Giants that Manningham received a death threat prior to the game, saying he was going to get shot if he didn't pull out of that route.

The truth finally comes out!

I see what you did there

funny

CowboysSuck
12-16-2011, 09:29 PM
You're friends with some of the Giants coaching staff? Please

CowboysSuck
12-16-2011, 09:33 PM

There.

You ain't friends with no one YA. My friends girlfriends uncle is a trainer for the giants. I kid you not. He said it was a miscommunication between the two and neither was "right"

Geesh, I thought I told you guys this back in november

Roosevelt
12-16-2011, 09:37 PM

There.

lol what the hell.. the guy is serving himself crow 4 weeks later when he could of just kept it quiet

i find it commendable...

props to ya burier

We all knew he was wrong. Waiting 4 weeks to finally admit it is nothing to write home about. [;)]

Roosevelt
12-16-2011, 09:38 PM

There.

You ain't friends with no one YA. My friends girlfriends uncle is a trainer for the giants. I kid you not. He said it was a miscommunication between the two and neither was "right"

Geesh, I thought I told you guys this back in november

Maybe if he focused on training instead of coaching we'd have less injuries. Just saying.