PDA

View Full Version : Espn playoff machine

miked1958
12-16-2011, 09:14 PM
I guess we can't tie dallas at 9-7. They could lose to TB while we beat the skins that make. That gives us 1 game lead. We beat jets and they beat Philly. 8-7 vs 9-6. They beat us. I guess they win the East based off division record 4-2 vs 3-3.

So we really need Philly to beat them. Then it would go to common opponent which we have them.

Of course we will need to just beat them the second time to.

Man we really needed that win. Had we lost we would have been done?
Tried machine all different ways...

giantsfan420
12-16-2011, 09:44 PM
I guess we can't tie dallas at 9-7. They could lose to TB while we beat the skins that make. That gives us 1 game lead. We beat jets and they beat Philly. 8-7 vs 9-6. They beat us. I guess they win the East based off division record 4-2 vs 3-3.

So we really need Philly to beat them. Then it would go to common opponent which we have them.

Of course we will need to just beat them the second time to.

Man we really needed that win. Had we lost we would have been done?
Tried machine all different ways...

if we beat washington and the jets, and they beat tb but lose to philly, we could lose to them the final week and still make the playoffs. so we could tie at 9-7 and still make it.

but it doesnt matter, TB loses tmrw night and then vs philly, they're done. they lose murray, have only one rb who has proven he can barely be part of a rb by committee, he's never been able to carry the full load. there d has been falling apart, and lastly, romo has played pretty well. he's due for his knucklehead games

we're golden, we're making the playoffs and going on a run

Giant stuck in Texas
12-16-2011, 10:10 PM
Or, we can just handle OUR business without depending on anyone.

Redeyejedi
12-16-2011, 10:24 PM
Beat Dallas ,Beat Skins or Jets thats it

Redeyejedi
12-16-2011, 10:26 PM
I guess we can't tie dallas at 9-7. They could lose to TB while we beat the skins that make. That gives us 1 game lead. We beat jets and they beat Philly. 8-7 vs 9-6. They beat us. I guess they win the East based off division record 4-2 vs 3-3. So we really need Philly to beat them. Then it would go to common opponent which we have them. Of course we will need to just beat them the second time to. Man we really needed that win. Had we lost we would have been done? Tried machine all different ways...The Giants can tie Dallas as long as they beat Dallas again

Drez
12-16-2011, 10:28 PM
I guess we can't tie dallas at 9-7. They could lose to TB while we beat the skins that make. That gives us 1 game lead. We beat jets and they beat Philly. 8-7 vs 9-6. They beat us. I guess they win the East based off division record 4-2 vs 3-3. So we really need Philly to beat them. Then it would go to common opponent which we have them. Of course we will need to just beat them the second time to. Man we really needed that win. Had we lost we would have been done? Tried machine all different ways...The Giants can tie Dallas as long as they beat Dallas again</P>

I was about to say that.</P>

miked1958
12-16-2011, 10:29 PM

That's true. We got all into that game last year. Didnt work out so well

miked1958
12-16-2011, 10:30 PM
Meaning when u depend on other teams to make
Layoffs u usually don't make it

egyptian420
12-16-2011, 10:34 PM
Pretty much win those 3, and then another 4.....7 in a row. Either that or no superbowl.

miked1958
12-16-2011, 10:40 PM
Pretty much win those 3, and then another 4.....7 in a row. Either that or no superbowl.

I like that. 7 in a row!!!

stormin normand
12-16-2011, 11:19 PM
Giants fan 420 it would be possible to make it but not likely in your scenario

In that scenario Dallas would take the division
based on a better conference record. us finishing 5-7 and them 7-5.

That would put us in a battle for one of the wild card slots. where we are down a game to both Detroit and Atlanta (over all record)
Both of whom have the tie breaker advantage over us for conference record. Both can finish with no more than our 6 conf. loses.
Chicago is also tied with us and would win the tie breaker due to the same conference record tiebreaker.

It is possible but how likey.
Detroit, and/or Atlanta would have to lose out and get to 8 losses and or Chicago would need to lose 2 of 3 remaining games.

2 of the 3 scenarios above would have to happen to get a 6 seed and all three to get a 5