PDA

View Full Version : Coughlin didn't think Prince was really limping? Prince maybe overstated it?

NYG4lifeNYK
09-13-2012, 06:55 PM
Q: He said he was limping yesterday. Did you notice anything?

A: He said that? I think he had a couple moments, which is not unusual for what heís going through. Itís just how well does he comes back from that.

I don't know maybe I'm over analyzing the quote but what Coughlin stated sounds different from what I heard Prince say. "Prince admits limping a little" Coughlin says it's not unusual so maybe he's in better shape than we think?

Morehead State
09-13-2012, 07:08 PM

A: He said that? I think he had a couple moments, which is not unusual for what heís going through. Itís just how well does he comes back from that.

I don't know maybe I'm over analyzing the quote but what Coughlin stated sounds different from what I heard Prince say. "Prince admits limping a little" Coughlin says it's not unusual so maybe he's in better shape than we think?

Man we are really grasping at everything with our corners. What a sad state that group is in right now.

RoanokeFan
09-13-2012, 07:10 PM

A: He said that? I think he had a couple moments, which is not unusual for what he’s going through. It’s just how well does he comes back from that.

I think sometimes TC wants his guys to suck it up. I remember last year, when asked in an interview about Beckum coming back to practice he said something to the effect "Beckum is Beckum."

I hope Prince is healthy when he comes back bu t I also hope he can tolerate a little residual pain as well.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-13-2012, 07:26 PM
Man we are really grasping at everything with our corners. What a sad state that group is in right now.

When you have a ST player in Justin Tryon playing opposite wide outs you know you are in bad bad shape :(

If C-Web can play like the shut down corner he usually is, we will be fine if Prince, Hosley can stay healthy. Sprinkle in a little Coe we should be alright.

RoanokeFan
09-13-2012, 07:28 PM

This may well be the understatement of the season

Morehead State
09-13-2012, 07:34 PM
This may well be the understatement of the season
Reminds me of our LB situation in 2005. Our corners are hanging by a string.

fansince69
09-13-2012, 07:40 PM

Wasn't 2005 the year that by time we got to playoffs we were starting LBs that we were signing just a couple weeks prior?if that is the year you mean....yes it does seem to be heading that way....hopefully a couple of these guys get healthy before we get to that point...

RoanokeFan
09-13-2012, 07:46 PM

I can't remember back that far, but this secondary needs to put someone on the field that can help.

GiantFanatic55
09-13-2012, 07:54 PM
I can't remember back that far, but this secondary needs to put someone on the field that can help.

Ahh 2005, the days of Nick Greisen, Carlos Emmons and Reggie Torbor...what a mess that was

RoanokeFan
09-13-2012, 07:55 PM
Ahh 2005, the days of Nick Greisen, Carlos Emmons and Reggie Torbor...what a mess that was

Hall of Famers all! :p

Buddy333
09-13-2012, 08:16 PM
Maybe TC wants him to suck it up? Maybe Prince was just being hard on himself? I still hope they can get buy without him for this week. I mean if he feels fine them he has to play. If he is just a little sore let him sit until the next game and try to get him as close to 100% as possible.

B-Red22
09-13-2012, 08:19 PM
i think Coughlin expects professionals to suck it up and play, and we will see if Prince does that.

Captain Chaos
09-13-2012, 08:35 PM
Like it or not Prince is a ways away.

ELIte4MVP
09-13-2012, 09:19 PM
so, tom coughlin said prince limped a little. prince said he limped a little. am i missing something? let's stop over-analyzing. prince has probably never experienced this injury, and coughlin has seen it enough to say its normal.

CowboysSuck
09-13-2012, 09:29 PM
I think sometimes TC wants his guys to suck it up. I remember last year, when asked in an interview about Beckum coming back to practice he said something to the effect "Beckum is Beckum."

I hope Prince is healthy when he comes back bu t I also hope he can tolerate a little residual pain as well.

He definitely does. He said in an interview last week "I've never even heard of a hamstring until 5 or 6 years ago, It seems like its the only thing I hear about now"

You can tell hes frustrated

CowboysSuck
09-13-2012, 09:31 PM
i think Coughlin expects professionals to suck it up and play, and we will see if Prince does that.

Pretty much. Essentially, when a minor injury like this is a game-time decision, its entirely up to the player whether or not they play. They warm up and they either tell the team docs/trainers "It feels great I'm ready to go" or they say "Its not right, still pain". Theres no magic MRI 20min before kickoff. If Prince wants to play, we will see him on the field Sunday. End of story.

Parademon
09-13-2012, 10:26 PM
Parcells woulda called Prince out back in the day. I remember Carl Banks playing with a cast on his broken wrist & making one armed tackles just so he wouldn't be called a "softy" by Parcells. Todays players are too soft compared to players from 20yrs ago.

TextureDj
09-13-2012, 10:42 PM
Parcells woulda called Prince out back in the day. I remember Carl Banks playing with a cast on his broken wrist & making one armed tackles just so he wouldn't be called a "softy" by Parcells. Todays players are too soft compared to players from 20yrs ago.

And the players from twenty years ago cant remember what they did ten minutes ago....Not to mention walk

harrycarson
09-14-2012, 12:00 AM

I usually am back and forth on emotions bout my boys and have read many things on these boards but cannot remember ever hearing my favorite All-Time Message board member Being negetive such as this. I mean normally all positive spin on things..CMon man, only week 1 and we are going to spank the Bucs, its a no doubter!!!! Cmon Roa!!!! You gettin bitter? What happened?

Rat_bastich
09-14-2012, 03:22 AM
And the players from twenty years ago cant remember what they did ten minutes ago....Not to mention walk

^^ What people call soft is actually people getting smarter about their health and their future. They are finally realizing that there is more after football. And, as you allude to, they are now seeing what effects a concussion has or have we already forgotten Duerson and possibly Seau?

Plus a high ankle sprain is not minor when it comes to a position that requires mobility and constant twisting and turning. If Prince was running in a straight line then maybe the sprain wouldn't be much of a problem, but covering receivers out of cuts or turning out of coverage to possibly break on a back would suck.

BeatYale
09-14-2012, 01:00 PM
I'd have to believe Prince considering he's the one who's feeling the pain of the injury as he runs around in practice.

burier
09-14-2012, 01:18 PM

LOL...at least one of those guys would get legit playing time for us right now.

RoanokeFan
09-14-2012, 01:26 PM
Maybe TC wants him to suck it up? Maybe Prince was just being hard on himself? I still hope they can get buy without him for this week. I mean if he feels fine them he has to play. If he is just a little sore let him sit until the next game and try to get him as close to 100% as possible.

I'm pretty optimistic, but if we go with the guys we had on the field last week.......

RoanokeFan
09-14-2012, 01:28 PM
I usually am back and forth on emotions bout my boys and have read many things on these boards but cannot remember ever hearing my favorite All-Time Message board member Being negetive such as this. I mean normally all positive spin on things..CMon man, only week 1 and we are going to spank the Bucs, its a no doubter!!!! Cmon Roa!!!! You gettin bitter? What happened?

I always try to see the silver lining but there are just times when simple faith doesn't help. I've not seen any talk about Coe and Hosley playing but sure hope that will be the case. I am not down on Tryon, he was never meant to be put in this position.

joemorrisforprez
09-14-2012, 01:31 PM

True.....sit the Prince of Glass.

GMENAGAIN
09-14-2012, 01:49 PM
True.....sit the Prince of Glass.

Ah . . . my favorite type of MB post . . . . a poster questioning the toughness of a professional athlete from the comfort of the couch he lives on in his mom's basement . . . . .

ELIte4MVP
09-14-2012, 02:12 PM
dwight freeney is out this week with a high ankle sprain. dude is made of glass

Kruunch
09-14-2012, 02:18 PM
dwight freeney is out this week with a high ankle sprain. dude is made of glass

I heard Night Train Lane caught a case of death ... that pansy.