PDA

View Full Version : Who needs a win more this week? The Giants............

FBomb
09-13-2012, 07:37 PM
,,,,or the members of this board?

This place is ****ing depressing!!!

fansince69
09-13-2012, 07:43 PM

It cant be as depressing as it was late last week..............At least some of them must have jumped off the cliff by now

RoanokeFan
09-13-2012, 07:44 PM
Time to shake it off, a new day dawns

fletch842
09-13-2012, 07:46 PM

members of the boards for sure. The players would take it in stride.

Laurah1275
09-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Both...but members need it more, and now!

Rudyy
09-13-2012, 07:49 PM
Oh my God if the Giants go to 0-2...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e0/Nagasakibomb.jpg/300px-Nagasakibomb.jpg
http://triadmomsonmain.com/images/Rachel%20Originals/Home-Alone.jpg

rainierjef
09-13-2012, 07:53 PM

I'll tell you this. If the giants lose on sunday, there is going to be alot of GMB suspensions handed out. from all the doomsday posts, disagreeing posters, personal attacks, whats a fallacy vs. a logical fallacy debates, stop twisting my words debates, go be a jets fan remarks. Its going to be a circus on here, and i am so glad, the itch to respond to everything, is starting to die out in me.

rainierjef
09-13-2012, 07:54 PM
Oh my God if the Giants go to 0-2...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e0/Nagasakibomb.jpg/300px-Nagasakibomb.jpg

im going to redo this picture in a blue and red tint, god forbid we lose on sunday.

FBomb
09-13-2012, 08:03 PM
I'll tell you this. If the giants lose on sunday, there is going to be alot of GMB suspensions handed out. from all the doomsday posts, disagreeing posters, personal attacks, whats a fallacy vs. a logical fallacy debates, stop twisting my words debates, go be a jets fan remarks. Its going to be a circus on here, and i am so glad, the itch to respond to everything, is starting to die out in me.

It's why I've stayed away from it for the most part...arguing with people that are about to open a vein and bleed out is a losing battle every time.

Rudyy
09-13-2012, 08:04 PM
im going to redo this picture in a blue and red tint, god forbid we lose on sunday. That will be our message board emblem.

giantyankee1976
09-13-2012, 08:06 PM
It's why I've stayed away from it for the most part...arguing with people that are about to open a vein and bleed out is a losing battle every time.

THIS ^

in view of real-world problems, sports in general is supposed to be entertaining and fun...our Giants lose and well...

Buddy333
09-13-2012, 08:13 PM
Both!

FBomb
09-13-2012, 08:46 PM
THIS ^

in view of real-world problems, sports in general is supposed to be entertaining and fun...our Giants lose and well...

Losing is a part of the fun......yes, it sucks and you hate it...but it makes the wins that much better!!!

TheEnigma
09-13-2012, 08:51 PM
I'll wait until 0-3 before I hide out in my panic room for the season.

rainierjef
09-13-2012, 09:11 PM
I might be wrong, but I think its just an influx of new posters; with agression towards losses, that spark most of the nonsense on these boards. Most of the stuff you just laugh off, but some things are just crazy. I would hate to see, what this place would become if we start off 0-3. Way I see it if we lose, we lose. As long as it was a slug fest, then im not angry for 3 days after the loss, just 1.
LOL

ShakeandBake
09-13-2012, 09:12 PM
Losing is a part of the fun......yes, it sucks and you hate it...but it makes the wins that much better!!!

Yeah but there is a fine line between that and punching a hole in the wall, which I am sure most of these guys do after they make their threads of rage

Rudyy
09-13-2012, 09:25 PM
Yeah but there is a fine line between that and punching a hole in the wall, which I am sure most of these guys do after they make their threads of rage Some people are ready to punch a hole in the wall after a 3 and out.

CowboysSuck
09-13-2012, 09:39 PM
Ive never broken anything watching sports, to be honest.

Now, betting on horses is a different story...

Rudyy
09-13-2012, 09:46 PM
Ive never broken anything watching sports, to be honest.

Now, betting on horses is a different story... You honestly didn't break anything when the Miracle at the Meadowlands III happened? I'm impressed.

TheEnigma
09-13-2012, 09:48 PM
You honestly didn't break anything when the Miracle at the Meadowlands III happened? I'm impressed.

I didn't eat for 3 days when that happened.

GameTime
09-13-2012, 09:49 PM

good question.....if they go 0-2 lookout....
it will be fire this one, cut that one, stupid coach, dumb player, no talent, crappy GM, time to rebuild....etc...

Rudyy
09-13-2012, 10:03 PM
I didn't eat for 3 days when that happened. Wow haha. Luckily, I didn't come on these boards when that happened.

Moke
09-13-2012, 10:16 PM
I enjoy the advertising message threads more than some of the suicidal threads.

FBomb
09-13-2012, 10:17 PM
Some people are ready to punch a hole in the wall after a 3 and out.

lol...I will admit that my children were subjected to a more adult vocabulary, but breaking stuff is just silly.

Rudyy
09-13-2012, 10:24 PM
Wow haha. Luckily, I didn't come on these boards when that happened.

lol...I will admit that my children were subjected to a more adult vocabulary, but breaking stuff is just silly. Haha..they must of heard a lot of colorful vocabulary last year.

rainierjef
09-13-2012, 10:33 PM
I didn't eat for 3 days when that happened.
I became very short fused around any football conversation, sports conversation, regular conversation; After that game, for about a week.

Rudyy
09-13-2012, 10:39 PM
I became very short fused around any football conversation, sports conversation, regular conversation; After that game, for about a week. I think the worst part about it was..right after that game I came on just for a little bit and there were some people who were like "GUISEE RELAX WE CAN STILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFSS!1" Really? we just gave up 28 points in a little less than 8 minutes and you want to see us in the playoffs? k.

FBomb
09-13-2012, 10:49 PM
Haha..they must of heard a lot of colorful vocabulary last year.

lol.....

Teacher: "JACOB!!! Where did you learn such terrible language?"
Jacob: "My Dad's a Giants fan!"

Rudyy
09-13-2012, 11:04 PM
lol.....

Teacher: "JACOB!!! Where did you learn such terrible language?"
Jacob: "My Dad's a Giants fan!" Teacher: "Makes sense."

Rat_bastich
09-13-2012, 11:49 PM
This board needs the win more...way more. I think there are some people on the verge of doing something really crazy...like become fans of the Redskins or Jets.

BigBlue1971
09-14-2012, 12:04 AM
This board needs the win more...way more. I think there are some people on the verge of doing something really crazy...like become fans of the Redskins or Jets.

yea i agree that would be really crazy!

BurnerNYG
09-14-2012, 02:17 AM
This board needs the win more...way more. I think there are some people on the verge of doing something really crazy...like become fans of the Redskins or Jets.Lol I hope you're not talking about me. I don't think it's possible for a long time Giants fan to become a Redskins fan. The only way something like that can happen is if my kid got drafted by Washington. Now as far as the Jets... I know a few people that trade in their blue for green depending on who's still in the playoffs.

Rat_bastich
09-14-2012, 02:38 AM
Lol I hope you're not talking about me. I don't think it's possible for a long time Giants fan to become a Redskins fan. The only way something like that can happen is if my kid got drafted by Washington. Now as far as the Jets... I know a few people that trade in their blue for green depending on who's still in the playoffs.

Nah, no one in particular. Just thinking the Giants don't need to do 10 days between games anymore especially when they lay an egg the first game. The chaos was entertaining at first but eventually became tedious and taxing. It looks as though most have calmed down since. I hope the Giants take down the Bucs this weekend or we will see chaos in Biblical proportions.

BurnerNYG
09-14-2012, 02:51 AM
Nah, no one in particular. Just thinking the Giants don't need to do 10 days between games anymore especially when they lay an egg the first game. The chaos was entertaining at first but eventually became tedious and taxing. It looks as though most have calmed down since. I hope the Giants take down the Bucs this weekend or we will see chaos in Biblical proportions.Oh yeah this place will be a madhouse. I find good humor in it with some posters when we lose. If it got too bad... I'll get out of hand and start blurting out things I should've kept to myself. LOL

Captain Chaos
09-14-2012, 04:56 AM
This place is always depressing after a loss, what else is new....

Rat_bastich
09-14-2012, 05:24 AM

I think this season it was taken to the next level and we're only one game in.

BillTheGreek
09-14-2012, 06:33 AM
I became very short fused around any football conversation, sports conversation, regular conversation; After that game, for about a week.
Welcome to the club, Isn't it nice, to know your not alone ! === Lets hope the G-Men don't let us down Sunday !

GO GIANTS !

tonyt830
09-14-2012, 06:52 AM
yeah I no doubt was upset after last weeks loss, and probably used some "colorful" language several times last week. But I am beyond throwing things or punching holes etc.

As Giants fans, most of us will get worked up, blood pressure rises, deodorant works OT. It seems all games are close to the very end.

But the main thing is the Giants coaches and players make the right adjustments, focus on Tampa Bay and get the win on Sunday. You will always have a few fans that won't be 100% satisfied all of the time.

RoanokeFan
09-14-2012, 08:24 AM
Some people are ready to punch a hole in the wall after a 3 and out.

Spend some time in a game day thread if you want to visualize the definition of bi-polar

GMan-67
09-14-2012, 08:49 AM
ha, def. the board, you would think we lost 5 in a row around here

Gimaniac
09-14-2012, 09:40 AM
I need this win more than anyone.

RoanokeFan
09-14-2012, 09:47 AM

Just after a loss?

Rudyy
09-14-2012, 09:51 AM
Spend some time in a game day thread if you want to visualize the definition of bi-polarOh the GDT is pretty great "Cruzzzz...OH MY GOD THIS TEAM SUCKS...I LOVE THIS TEAM!.... Wow, what was that?... O-LINE SUCKS..."

RoanokeFan
09-14-2012, 09:53 AM
Oh the GDT is pretty great "Cruzzzz...OH MY GOD THIS TEAM SUCKS...I LOVE THIS TEAM!.... Wow, what was that?... O-LINE SUCKS..."

You've got it

joemorrisforprez
09-14-2012, 12:59 PM

The Giants need it more than I do......I have modest expectations this season....hope they get into the playoffs, and make some noise, but after 2 miracles in the last 5 years, I'm pretty good right now.

FBomb
09-14-2012, 02:34 PM
You've got it

In my house, 3 and outs go like this....1st down: "C'mon Eli" over and over until the ball is snapped. That is followed by a short loud ****!!! as we run for no gain. 2nd down: "C'mon Eli" over and over until the ball is snapped. That is followed by a louder and more anguished ****!!! as we run for a loss of 2. 3rd down: A very desperate sounding "C'mon Eli" over and over until the ball is snapped. THAT is followed by several very loud and angry ****S!! as we run draw play back to the line of scrimmage.

jax5338
09-14-2012, 02:40 PM
In my house, 3 and outs go like this....1st down: "C'mon Eli" over and over until the ball is snapped. That is followed by a short loud ****!!! as we run for no gain. 2nd down: "C'mon Eli" over and over until the ball is snapped. That is followed by a louder and more anguished ****!!! as we run for a loss of 2. 3rd down: A very desperate sounding "C'mon Eli" over and over until the ball is snapped. THAT is followed by several very loud and angry ****S!! as we run draw play back to the line of scrimmage.

hahahaha same thing here. except usually me and my dad try to call the play. for whatever reason "shotgun draw" is always thrown out there a lot. we also hate 3rd and 1s, because we always get those calls right except now we replace "jacobs power for no gain" with "bradshaw power for no gain" lol

pj18
09-14-2012, 02:48 PM
Just win.