PDA

View Full Version : Perry Fewell to D Line: Stop griping about the refs

RoanokeFan
09-13-2012, 07:51 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/09/perry-to-d-line-stop-griping-about-refs

Excerpt: "One big reason why the Giants’ talented trio of defensive ends couldn’t get close to Tony Romo on opening night was because of what seemed to be an unusual amount of holding calls missed by the replacement refs.

Perry Fewell, the Giants’ defensive coordinator, saw them too.

His message to his players about that: Stop complaining and do something about it instead.

“You have to play the game,” Fewell said on Thursday. “You can’t officiate the game. It’s our job to play the game. If somebody holds me, then I am going to get him off me. My take is, ‘Let’s get his a** off of me.’ Excuse my French." Read more...

NYG4lifeNYK
09-13-2012, 07:52 PM
****ING LOVE IT!

Stop making excuses and BEAT SOMEONE'S ***!!!!!

RoanokeFan
09-13-2012, 07:53 PM
Hard to argue his point

Toadofsteel
09-13-2012, 08:00 PM
If they're holding you, hold them right back...

Marvelousmik
09-13-2012, 08:02 PM
"claps"

Rudyy
09-13-2012, 08:05 PM
Yes!

B-Red22
09-13-2012, 08:21 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/09/perry-to-d-line-stop-griping-about-refs

Excerpt: "One big reason why the Giants’ talented trio of defensive ends couldn’t get close to Tony Romo on opening night was because of what seemed to be an unusual amount of holding calls missed by the replacement refs.

Perry Fewell, the Giants’ defensive coordinator, saw them too.

His message to his players about that: Stop complaining and do something about it instead.

“You have to play the game,” Fewell said on Thursday. “You can’t officiate the game. It’s our job to play the game. If somebody holds me, then I am going to get him off me. My take is, ‘Let’s get his a** off of me.’ Excuse my French." Read more...

love it!!! Perry is getting me hyped lol

Buddy333
09-13-2012, 08:30 PM
I like it. Maybe the message will sink in. Although you have to say there was a lot of holding.

Captain Chaos
09-13-2012, 08:33 PM
The correct message....

brad
09-13-2012, 08:38 PM
As heart breaking as the Dallas game was, and how down I was about it... I am starting to get pumped up this week. Reading a few different articles, and statements from players, I feel like they have started to buckle down and get their head into the game... These guys just might be ready to explode, taking last weeks loss out on the next unfortunate team who has to face them. This game is going to get very physical!

Diamondring
09-13-2012, 09:09 PM
You guys, it is not going to work. They can hold places on the body that is hard to escape. Fewel and the rest of you are full of it. I saw them hold JPP right at his neck so that he can't escape. Our D-line is good but come on if those O-lines are holding, then that can ware our D-line out. It can take too much work to escape hoiding. Refs aren't doing their job.

CowboysSuck
09-13-2012, 09:33 PM

+1

either tackle them ..or tackle them!

wait...that makes no sense

CowboysSuck
09-13-2012, 09:35 PM
You guys, it is not going to work. They can hold places on the body that is hard to escape. Fewel and the rest of you are full of it. I saw them hold JPP right at his neck so that he can't escape. Our D-line is good but come on if those O-lines are holding, then that can ware our D-line out. It can take too much work to escape hoiding. Refs aren't doing their job.

+1 also.

If you are being held, tackle the offensive lineman. Just flat out tackle him. He will get the point; those guys dont get tackled too often.

GameTime
09-13-2012, 09:50 PM
no...you give them a head slap to the ear hole......

speedman
09-13-2012, 09:57 PM
Deacon Jones head slap.

PennState1
09-13-2012, 10:09 PM
Its going to be reeeel nasty when we see them again

GiantWarfare
09-13-2012, 10:43 PM
no...you give them a head slap to the ear hole......

Preach.