PDA

View Full Version : Hynoski's blocking

Atomic1
09-14-2012, 12:04 PM
So I re-watched the Giants-Cowboys opening game and the one BLARING problem was Hynoski's blocking or should I say lack of blocking...every time the runner is getting stuffed it's because Hynoski misses his block or get's thrown aside like a rag doll. For example, watch the 1st down run by Bradshaw after the Boley INT. and you'll see that if Hynoski got out there and threw a block it would of freed up Bradshaw for the corner, but as Hynoski approached the defender , the defender gives Hynoski a quick 2 hand push back and Hynoski does nothing.
This happens over and over.....sad but true....anyone who has the game on video just focus on the fullback blocking, if you can find any fullback blocking !

I apologize if this was brought up elsewhere but I just had to comment after watching the tape.

giantsfan420
09-14-2012, 12:09 PM
hynoski may have missed some blocks, but u have to remember, the fb has a specific key he is supposed to block. if one or more of the OL allow penetration (which they did on that goal line play and virtually every single run play), Hynoski then has to choose which guy to try n block and often a FB will be caught out of position trying to block whoever he can.
i notice on the positive run plays and even some negative ones, that hynoski is effectively blocking and getting up to the 2nd level when he can. hynoski also had a lil rough spot last season. so even if he had a bad game, im still confident in him to get the job done.

RoanokeFan
09-14-2012, 12:11 PM
So I re-watched the Giants-Cowboys opening game and the one BLARING problem was Hynoski's blocking or should I say lack of blocking...every time the runner is getting stuffed it's because Hynoski misses his block or get's thrown aside like a rag doll. For example, watch the 1st down run by Bradshaw after the Boley INT. and you'll see that if Hynoski got out there and threw a block it would of freed up Bradshaw for the corner, but as Hynoski approached the defender , the defender gives Hynoski a quick 2 hand push back and Hynoski does nothing.
This happens over and over.....sad but true....anyone who has the game on video just focus on the fullback blocking, if you can find any fullback blocking !

I apologize if this was brought up elsewhere but I just had to comment after watching the tape.

The OLine is the bigger problem but everyone shares in wins and losses.

Atomic1
09-14-2012, 12:17 PM
Don't get me wrong as I like Hynoski as a player and I would like for him to get more touches and he has shown good hands catching out of the backfield BUT it appears he had a bad game blocking. Your'e right on the OL penetration and all ,so let's just hope we get it right .

YATittle1962
09-14-2012, 12:29 PM
ok

I just watched every run play in the Dallas game on the coaches film and have to strongly disagree with you

the play you brought up after the Boley INT was the only time Hynoski missed a block....and he didnt really miss ...the defender just made a nice play.
that is an extremely tough block when stretching out like that

on every other run play he was in on ...which was only 8 snaps.....he made fantastic blocks

half of the time it is the O lineman getting blown up....and the other half Bradshaw starts to improvise and not follow his blocks

the 8 run plays they ran without him in were mostly blown up as well ...aside from the long run out of shotgun

so this "BLARING problem" you speak is one that is non existent

Hynoski blocked absolutely fantastically in that game actually and was one of the very bright spots in the game

Atomic1
09-14-2012, 12:35 PM
I disagree , I'm at work now, on lunch break but I'll go back and watch it again and get back to ya.

YATittle1962
09-14-2012, 12:44 PM
I could break it down play by play for you if you wish and explain how he executes his assignment on every single snap.

he hits his block every time and half of the time takes his man completely out of the play

this is not something you can pick up watching the broadcast tape....I recommend coaches film so you can watch him specifically from multiple angles .

timmytimm3
09-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Any information on how to get better film on the plays / games?

thanks

YATittle1962
09-14-2012, 01:05 PM
1st quarter

12:09 1st and 10 - Hynoski takes Lee off his feet and out of the play - Bradshaw gains 2
7:45 1st and 10 - Hynoski takes Bruce Carter out of the play - Bradshaw gains 2
6:43 2nd and 8 - Hynoski takes Anthony Spencer out of the play - Wilson fumbles

2nd quarter

10:43 - 1st down on 1 yd line - Hynoski doesn't quite get to Spencer and Spencer pushes Bradshaw out of bounds for 2 yd loss
10:05 - 2nd down on the 3 yd line - Bradshaw improvises before Hynoski reaches his man....Henry was in perfect position had the play been run as designed
5:18 - 1st and 10 - Hynoski executes his block on Carter- again Bradshaw improvises and runs away from the block

3rd quarter

7:20 - 1st and 10 - Hynoski takes Carter out of the play completely - Bradshaw gains 5
5:19 - 1st and 10 - Hynoski blows up Dan Conner- Bradshaw TD
0:34 - 1st and 10 - Hynoski takes Lee out of the play - Bradshaw gains 5

and those are literally the only plays where he blocks for the runner

so tell me where this "BLARING problem" is......or maybe you are just overreacting to one missed block?

moosedrool
09-14-2012, 01:10 PM
Hynoski did have good games last year in the conference championship and super bowl, so I wouldn't judge him on the first game of the year. That being said, Ray Rice and MJD have GREAT blocking FB's in Vonta Leach and Greg Jones, and these guys do make a big difference. And remember how great a blocker Maurice Carthon was? He was a difference maker too.

giantsfan420
09-14-2012, 01:16 PM
as YA had pointed out, Hyno had a pretty good game considering. The OL needs to do better as well as Bradshaw needing to follow the design of the play. i understand u cant do that everytime, but too often it seemed as bradshaw was indecisive and at a complete stand still behind the LOS trying to decide which way to go...

RichardMc
09-14-2012, 01:26 PM
I have to agree with YA. I watched the coaches film and when I was doing so one of the things that stuck in my mind was how well Hynoski was making his blocks.

TheAnalyst
09-14-2012, 01:43 PM
Wow, and here I was saying he had a solid game blocking. Hyno is the least of our problems.

giantsfan420
09-14-2012, 01:47 PM
as YA had pointed out, Hyno had a pretty good game considering. The OL needs to do better as well as Bradshaw needing to follow the design of the play. i understand u cant do that everytime, but too often it seemed as bradshaw was indecisive and at a complete stand still behind the LOS trying to decide which way to go...

YATittle1962
09-14-2012, 03:25 PM
Any information on how to get better film on the plays / games?

thanks
https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/secure/packages?ttv=0&ttp=3&cvosrc=PPC.Google.nfl%20game%20rewind&matchtype=e&network=g&mobile=&search=1&content=&creative=13634905854&keyword=nfl%20game%20rewind&adposition=1t1&campaign=SubProds_SEM&cvokid=23ab6672-7b02-49c8-a213-000035c9f8f8&gclid=CI2h5pHYtbICFcXe4AodtSIAPA

for $70 you can get a complete multi angle coaches tape

well worth it in my opinion....even if only for reasons such as this thread :)

Kruunch
09-14-2012, 03:32 PM

It's hard for one fullback to block the eight man box that is a goal line stand all by himself.

Hynoski was one of the best blockers in that game. Wish we had 5 more of him.

jax5338
09-14-2012, 03:44 PM
sometimes i feel like hynoski is the ONLY person blocking on run plays. he had a huge block to spring bradshaw's TD, and often times take his guy completely out so idk where you see him being a GLARING weakness.

Easy E.
09-14-2012, 04:00 PM
I agree with YA and the other Hyno supporters. One bad play isnt a glaring problem, and even that play can't really be pointed as his failure as much as just a total let down by everyone blocking. Hyno had a solid game for sure.

giantsfan420
09-14-2012, 04:02 PM
another thing i love about hyno is his intensity and passion for the game and wanting to succeed. i never doubt that he's giving 110% of every second he's in.

thomsoad
09-14-2012, 04:26 PM
I saw a couple/few plays where Hynoski didnt quite connect on some of his assignments. But what i honestly noticed more was Bradshaw improvising instead of following his FB.

Martyr
09-14-2012, 04:51 PM
Where the hell is Eli? after he hands the ball off he could throw a block or two.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-14-2012, 04:54 PM
Wow, and here I was saying he had a solid game blocking. Hyno is the least of our problems.

+100000000000000000

Hynoski has been a very nice pickup(he was an UDFA), He's exceeded expectations in my book and he's continuing to grow.

DownWitJPP
09-14-2012, 06:22 PM
YA, when u watched the coaches film is there one particular lineman that's getting blown up consistently? and to add what other have been saying Hynocerous has been a nice pickup for this team, he has done nothing but improve each week since he got here. The kid worked his tail off in the weight room in the off-season so he could pick up the more stout LBers.

YATittle1962
09-14-2012, 06:28 PM
YA, when u watched the coaches film is there one particular lineman that's getting blown up consistently? and to add what other have been saying Hynocerous has been a nice pickup for this team, he has done nothing but improve each week since he got here. The kid worked his tail off in the weight room in the off-season so he could pick up the more stout LBers.

they basically took turns doing an impression of a turnstyle

a lot of it was based on what side Ware was on.....not an easy guy to block

but in my opinion the most productive lineman was Boothe..... eventhough he had his moments of weakness as well

Locklear was not completely horrible....but he had trouble with the bull rush

but Diehl , Snee, and Baas did not put many encouraging bits on film

also when Beatty was in as eligible what he put on film was not mindblowing either.....but he gets a pass from me ....last week

Hynoski was the only one throwing blocks with passion......blocking guys

Bennett blocked ok as well as Pascoe

DownWitJPP
09-14-2012, 06:44 PM
I think the problem on the O-line is a mix of a few different things. 1. The players don't have any consistency, no time to "gel" as a unit because someone is always hurt and we keep shuffling in new players. 2. Age..Diehl and Snee are getting older and their bodies might not be able to handle the long season. 3. BASS..he gets pushed back repeatedly, how can u expect the tackles and guards to block when the D is getting push right up the middle.

RoanokeFan
09-14-2012, 06:50 PM
https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/secure/packages?ttv=0&ttp=3&cvosrc=PPC.Google.nfl game rewind&matchtype=e&network=g&mobile=&search=1&content=&creative=13634905854&keyword=nfl game rewind&adposition=1t1&campaign=SubProds_SEM&cvokid=23ab6672-7b02-49c8-a213-000035c9f8f8&gclid=CI2h5pHYtbICFcXe4AodtSIAPA

for $70 you can get a complete multi angle coaches tape

well worth it in my opinion....even if only for reasons such as this thread :)

Can I bill it t Harooni?

DownWitJPP
09-14-2012, 06:52 PM
Can I bill it t Harooni?

yes u may

YATittle1962
09-14-2012, 06:53 PM
Can I bill it t Harooni?

absolutely

I did

RoanokeFan
09-14-2012, 06:54 PM
they basically took turns doing an impression of a turnstyle

a lot of it was based on what side Ware was on.....not an easy guy to block

but in my opinion the most productive lineman was Boothe..... eventhough he had his moments of weakness as well

Locklear was not completely horrible....but he had trouble with the bull rush

but Diehl , Snee, and Baas did not put many encouraging bits on film

also when Beatty was in as eligible what he put on film was not mindblowing either.....but he gets a pass from me ....last week

Hynoski was the only one throwing blocks with passion......blocking guys

Bennett blocked ok as well as Pascoe

With Baas not practicing due to a hip injury, I'd like to see Boothe at center this Sunday. The downside would be Petrus at guard but I believe Boothe is a better center than Baas.

RoanokeFan
09-14-2012, 06:55 PM
absolutely

I did

+1

YATittle1962
09-14-2012, 06:58 PM
With Baas not practicing due to a hip injury, I'd like to see Boothe at center this Sunday. The downside would be Petrus at guard but I believe Boothe is a better center than Baas.

could not agree more about Boothe being a better center

RoanokeFan
09-14-2012, 07:02 PM

Can Cordle play guard?

YATittle1962
09-14-2012, 07:03 PM
Im going to post this again because I am still waiting for the OP to explain where this "BLARING problem" with Hynoski is

and where the .."every time the runner is getting stuffed it's because Hynoski misses his block or get's thrown aside like a rag doll"....is

1st quarter

12:09 1st and 10 - Hynoski takes Lee off his feet and out of the play - Bradshaw gains 2

2nd quarter

10:43 - 1st down on 1 yd line - Hynoski doesn't quite get to Spencer and Spencer pushes Bradshaw out of bounds for 2 yd loss
10:05 - 2nd down on the 3 yd line - Bradshaw improvises before Hynoski reaches his man....Henry was in perfect position had the play been run as designed
5:18 - 1st and 10 - Hynoski executes his block on Carter- again Bradshaw improvises and runs away from the block

3rd quarter

7:20 - 1st and 10 - Hynoski takes Carter out of the play completely - Bradshaw gains 5

so tell me where this "BLARING problem" is......or maybe you are just overreacting to one missed block?

DownWitJPP
09-14-2012, 07:04 PM

only downside to this is the occasional ball bouncing off that gynormous *** lol..but yea I agree that he's a better center than Bass.

RoanokeFan
09-14-2012, 07:07 PM
Im going to post this again because I am still waiting for the OP to explain where this "BLARING problem" with Hynoski is

and where the .."every time the runner is getting stuffed it's because Hynoski misses his block or get's thrown aside like a rag doll"....is

1st quarter

2nd quarter

3rd quarter

I have to be honest, as soon as I see "every time", "always", "never", etc. I tend to stop reading.

Drez
09-14-2012, 07:14 PM
1st quarter

2nd quarter

3rd quarter

The only issue I have with Hynoski's blocking is he has a tendency to leave his feet and trying to level a guy. He doesn't do it all the time, but often enough. The reason I have an issue with that, is when he does that it means after he seals his block he can't disengage and block in the second level.

GameTime
09-14-2012, 07:51 PM
Don't get me wrong as I like Hynoski as a player and I would like for him to get more touches and he has shown good hands catching out of the backfield BUT it appears he had a bad game blocking. Your'e right on the OL penetration and all ,so let's just hope we get it right .
ok....1 freaking game...BFD....

slipknottin
09-14-2012, 07:55 PM
Snee is only 30, its shocking to think his body is breaking down already, good guards usually play till 35 at least.

DownWitJPP
09-14-2012, 09:21 PM
Snee is only 30, its shocking to think his body is breaking down already, good guards usually play till 35 at least.

yea i know, I hope he regains his form, dude was a beast. Get Bass out of there I bet Snee plays better, just a hunch

Atomic1
09-14-2012, 11:04 PM
OK, I watched it again, and maybe I was overly critical, but it is more than once where the guy Hynoski is blocking is still in on the tackle. Your right about Bradshaw being very indecisive.
But ok, I'll admit I was wrong and it's more on Bradshaw and the OL..
You have the coach's film so have the better angles.
Let's just hope for a much better offensive showing this week !

Captain Chaos
09-15-2012, 05:05 AM
The OLine is the bigger problem but everyone shares in wins and losses.

Amen!