PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Marvy Marv will play.

CowboysSuck
09-14-2012, 03:43 PM
So now that Austin will finally see the field, is it appropriate to expect him to make an impact? I mean this guy is (was?) first round material who couldn't be stopped his junior year of college. Will our AWFUL luck with first-rounders finally end? Will the stars align for this guy? Im hoping so. I just dont see this guy being anything more than average, which sucks because i was extremely high on this kid coming out of the 2011 draft.

RoanokeFan
09-14-2012, 03:47 PM
I don't think so because of the length of time he's been away from the field. But he has to start at some point in order to get better.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Ok, one thing. Let's not ever call him "Marvy Marv" again OK? :rolleyes:

I think I HATE that nickname(and I just heard it now) more than Hicks. people that call Hakeem Nicks, Hicks are....what's the word... better word for dumb.... no, dumb will suffice lol.

CowboysSuck
09-14-2012, 03:59 PM
Lol hes turning into a bust so i needed a cute name for him. 'Marvin Austin' just doesnt cut it at this point. He needs to earn being called his full name.

CowboysSuck
09-14-2012, 04:03 PM
ok, he came in out of shape how about, 'I'm starvin Marvin'.

Off topic, anyway..he better light someone up, hes been nothing but a letdown thus far.

Jiffy Jeff
09-14-2012, 04:06 PM

I think I HATE that nickname(and I just heard it now) more than Hicks. people that call Hakeem Nicks, Hicks are....what's the word... better word for dumb.... no, dumb will suffice lol.

My father always does that and it burns my balls.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNICKS!!!!!!!!

ShakeandBake
09-14-2012, 04:16 PM
ok, he came in out of shape how about, 'I'm starvin Marvin'.

Off topic, anyway..he better light someone up, hes been nothing but a letdown thus far.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/17/Ep_109_starvinmarvin.gif/250px-Ep_109_starvinmarvin.gif

is what I think of when you say starvin marvin

ryan12
09-14-2012, 04:29 PM

agreed that was terrible

CowboysSuck
09-14-2012, 04:35 PM
agreed that was terrible

agreed, you're terrible, stop hijacking my thread

This about Marvy Marv's play on the field, who cares what we call him.

Does ANYONE think he will have an impact? If not this is pretty sad for our former #1 pick...just sad

ryan12
09-14-2012, 04:39 PM

Does ANYONE think he will have an impact? If not this is pretty sad for our former #1 pick...just sad

awe im sorry if i hurt your feelings. the guy hasnt played a real game in almost 3 years how in the world can anyone predict if he will have a impact and he wasnt a number one pick smart ***

CowboysSuck
09-14-2012, 04:46 PM
awe im sorry if i hurt your feelings. the guy hasnt played a real game in almost 3 years how in the world can anyone predict if he will have a impact and he wasnt a number one pick smart ***

Its funny how you become a tough guy after people jokingly posted a picture of a midol box after one of ur lame comments.Lol I'm not here to argue like were 7.

I think Marvin Austin might surprise us, seeing as no one on Earth thinks he has anything to show. Lets see a sack for the big guy!!!

ShakeandBake
09-14-2012, 04:54 PM

He's going to have to knock some rust off, so my expectations are very low for him at this point. Other guys on this team have had more chances than this guy though, so I'm willing to give him a chance, and maybe(I still think its possible) he can develop into something special.

ryan12
09-14-2012, 04:55 PM
nobody is trying to be a tuff guy. it seems like everyone is sensitive today and if people are going to talk **** to me be preparred to get it back

YATittle1962
09-14-2012, 04:58 PM
nobody is trying to be a tuff guy. it seems like everyone is sensitive today and if people are going to talk **** to me be preparred to get it back

lets keep the **** talking to a major minimum.....like none at all unless it is in smack talk or everyone can take a sunny vaca

CowboysSuck
09-14-2012, 04:58 PM

dude, just let it go. Since you havent even chimed in on the subject..what is your take on Austin?

Mod_C
09-14-2012, 06:31 PM
Its funny how you become a tough guy after people jokingly posted a picture of a midol box after one of ur lame comments.Lol I'm not here to argue like were 7.

I think Marvin Austin might surprise us, seeing as no one on Earth thinks he has anything to show. Lets see a sack for the big guy!!!

Let's stop the personal slams and either discuss the topic or move along.

fletch842
09-14-2012, 06:49 PM
My father always does that and it burns my balls.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNICKS!!!!!!!!
I always thought our duo of Hicks and Nixon has a nice ring to it. :)

DaKraken
09-14-2012, 09:36 PM
His twitter account name is "anchorman" why not just call him that?

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc/story/7913118/

Seriously though, he's been the anchor of the injury report so far as a Giant.

alentown pa
09-14-2012, 11:34 PM
So now that Austin will finally see the field, is it appropriate to expect him to make an impact? I mean this guy is (was?) first round material who couldn't be stopped his junior year of college. Will our AWFUL luck with first-rounders finally end? Will the stars align for this guy? Im hoping so. I just dont see this guy being anything more than average, which sucks because i was extremely high on this kid coming out of the 2011 draft.

first of all he was not a first round pick..he was taken in the 2nd.....and "awful luck with first rounders"? nicks,Jpp,Eli,Kiwi, all seem to be doing ok...but for now I just hope he can provide a blow for Benard and Linval, Benard played way too many snaps in the opener imo.

Redeyejedi
09-14-2012, 11:41 PM
He still has to be active. Giants should play him. This might be the only chance for him to play ever. Next week he could stub his toe or something

BlueSanta
09-14-2012, 11:52 PM
Despite all the back and forth, I do not see how this can be anything but good news. He needs to play. We need to see what we have him for good or bad.

Captain Chaos
09-15-2012, 03:51 AM
Excited to see him play, think he will be a disruptive force when he's in, think a strong rotation will help!

BlueMetal 40
09-15-2012, 05:55 AM
Even if he is only in for 15 snaps, I think he can contribute. He should be fresh, so a good push up the middle is not too much to expect. I'm hoping he can force some run disruption and maybe a good knock or two on Freeman.....

speedman
09-15-2012, 06:54 AM
lets keep the **** talking to a major minimum.....like none at all unless it is in smack talk or everyone can take a sunny vaca You guys should be concerned with the spam threads.

RoanokeFan
09-15-2012, 08:37 AM
You guys should be concerned with the spam threads. I spend an average of 3 hours a day on spam. The IT group is working on it with the developer. That's not all we do. You should confine your comments to the thread topic.

fletch842
09-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Regardless of Austin being a dominating force while he's in there, if he can spell the other guys for a series or two, it keeps them more fresh, and that really seemed to be an issue towards the end of the Dallas game (ok, so maybe the entire 2nd half...)

RoanokeFan
09-15-2012, 12:03 PM
Regardless of Austin being a dominating force while he's in there, if he can spell the other guys for a series or two, it keeps them more fresh, and that really seemed to be an issue towards the end of the Dallas game (ok, so maybe the entire 2nd half...)

That's probably the best approach with his extended layoff

CowboysSuck
09-15-2012, 02:21 PM
He has definitely somewhat 'gone under the radar' here, so If he does pretty much anything good, it will be a welcoming and lovely surprise.

Keeping expectations low, I'm hoping for 1 or 2 tackles and 1 or 2 'hurrying the passer' or w.e they call it.

Buddy333
09-15-2012, 02:28 PM
Don't expect to much. He had had a long layoff. Bring him along slow and maybe towards the end of the seaon he will get his condoning ack and be fresher than most OL's he will go against.

derekunion28
09-15-2012, 04:55 PM
lmaou guys are funny marvy marv..needs snaps and parctice if he comes along it will be later on in season ....vaca time for you name callers should whatch what u post...

tonyt830
09-15-2012, 06:05 PM

That's probably the best approach with his extended layoffI agree 100% with the both of you. Let Austin get back into football shape. It will help to spell Bernard and Joseph when they need it. There is no need to have them playing almost 95% of the defensive snaps. If Austin can stay healthy and get in rhythm, we will have a nice DT rotation, especially when Canty comes back.

RagTime Blue
09-15-2012, 06:25 PM
I have a question for those wishing to give honest expectations:

Do you expect Marvin Austin to finish the season on IR?

Not trying to jinx him or put him down, but if your answer is "Yes", then every week he's active exceeds expectations.

Rat_bastich
09-15-2012, 06:30 PM
I have a question for those wishing to give honest expectations:

Do you expect Marvin Austin to finish the season on IR?

Not trying to jinx him or put him down, but if your answer is "Yes", then every week he's active exceeds expectations.

I approve this message.

CowboysSuck
09-15-2012, 08:30 PM
Why would I, or anyone, expect him to go back-to-back seasons on the IR? Thats just a silly expectation IMO

Do you expect to break your leg tomorrow? Ok so if you are able to walk for the next 6 months lets consider that exceeding expectations!

jk

RagTime Blue
09-15-2012, 08:59 PM
Why would I, or anyone, expect him to go back-to-back seasons on the IR? Thats just a silly expectation IMO

Do you expect to break your leg tomorrow? Ok so if you are able to walk for the next 6 months lets consider that exceeding expectations!

jk

I get your point, no doubt.

But I guess mine was that my expectations for him are ZERO at this point. If he can play and gain experience and help give some of the other guys a break without a significant dropoff in DT play, then I consider it a huge win.

UmenYiourAnIdiot
09-15-2012, 10:35 PM
Wasn't he a 2nd round pick and not a 1st?

Anyway, I hope the kid can get back into form and do some big things for us. We'll see!

joemorrisforprez
09-15-2012, 10:48 PM
When he was drafted, I was very excited about Marvin Austin.

However, he has now gone nearly 1000 days without playing football game. So really, I'm setting my expectations extremely low. If he's in on more than a handful of snaps, it would be a surprise.

ELI_Iz_God
09-16-2012, 01:10 AM
Lol hes turning into a bust so i needed a cute name for him. 'Marvin Austin' just doesnt cut it at this point. He needs to earn being called his full name.

little judgmental to call him a bust..it's not like he decided to be injured. No one likes the "what have you done for me lately attitude" it's not classy at all

NYGFaninILL
09-16-2012, 07:13 AM

jk

Well, the only way thaf would work is if you expect to break your leg.

GMan-67
09-16-2012, 07:19 AM
well Austin and Brewer are healthy, but that does not mean either will see the field b/c they might not be active this week ... still good to see some guys getting healthy, obviously Austin has a much greater upside than Kuhn

BklynBlue
09-16-2012, 07:25 AM
Marvy Marv????