PDA

View Full Version : Clay Matthews

ibbill
09-14-2012, 05:29 PM
Okay D line LB's did you see this kid play. Time to step up and not just one game.

You play for 15 or 20 minutes a game I expect to see this kind of effort on every play for the rest of the season. Is that asking to much.

Bill

slipknottin
09-14-2012, 05:36 PM
JPP plays like that every game. He certainly did against Dallas.

CowboysSuck
09-14-2012, 05:50 PM
JPP is the exception, not the rule

ibbill
09-14-2012, 05:53 PM
slipknottin and that's the problem 1 guy not acceptable. Is it not a team.

YATittle1962
09-14-2012, 05:56 PM
I have watched the tape ad nauseum......and honestly I don't see a lack of effort by anyone

I see a lack of execution and cohesiveness

even though while watching live at the stadium I did notice JPP and Tuck getting very tired and probably could have used a blow at times......but conditioning will take care of itself as the season wears on

"football shape" as they say

ibbill
09-14-2012, 06:10 PM
Justin Tuck DE $200,000.00 dollars a game you think they would be in shape not picking on Tuck his salary was the easiest to find.

They only play 20 minutes max.

RoanokeFan
09-14-2012, 06:14 PM
I have watched the tape ad nauseum......and honestly I don't see a lack of effort by anyone

I see a lack of execution and cohesiveness

even though while watching live at the stadium I did notice JPP and Tuck getting very tired and probably could have used a blow at times......but conditioning will take care of itself as the season wears on

"football shape" as they say

An unfortunate consequence of the new practice rules.

ibbill
09-14-2012, 06:19 PM
An unfortunate consequence of the new practice rules. Ouch

So we get as 1 poster here said to watch 4 games while the players get into top shape.Bummer.

ibbill
09-14-2012, 06:22 PM
I may add sure never looked like the 49'ers were not in shape. Guess they knew when they came into camp to be football ready.

GameTime
09-14-2012, 06:49 PM
slipknottin and that's the problem 1 guy not acceptable. Is it not a team.
yaa....1 subpar game and the team is in the ****ter.....
please.....chill out...

Ruttiger711
09-14-2012, 06:58 PM
I think I saw Matthews' forehead growing as the game went on.

ibbill
09-14-2012, 07:12 PM
yaa....1 subpar game and the team is in the ****ter.....
please.....chill out...
Nothing to do with the loss or win. About the shape of the players as it was eloquently pointed out to me the reason

Thanks for the ice in my drink was chilled perfectly.

Tuckit91
09-14-2012, 07:26 PM
Justin Tuck DE $200,000.00 dollars a game you think they would be in shape not picking on Tuck his salary was the easiest to find.

They only play 20 minutes max.

You get payed to practice,to watch tape, to work out and then play for free!

baywest
09-14-2012, 10:26 PM
I don't understand how they are keeping Locklear in at left tackle. First hand report OSI is eating him up at practice. Put him on the right and Will Beatty back on the left. Beatty is doing well against JPP and OSI. and is a much better run Pass blocker and run blocker. Plus we need the blocks down field. Use Diehl as your swing man for both positions if someone is hurt. Hey instead of downing Diehl give him a little less role. His earn it.

slipknottin
09-14-2012, 10:40 PM
I believe they just want to make sure Beatty is fully healthy and ready to go. He has barely practiced all offseason.

Captain Chaos
09-15-2012, 04:03 AM
I think effective effort is what we are looking for... That said I'm hopeful that things will come together for the D this week.

nygfanmaybe
09-15-2012, 07:10 AM
I think I saw Matthews' forehead growing as the game went on.I was thinking the same exact thing...

foosball
09-15-2012, 07:54 AM
You do realize that Clay is a huge HGH juicer right? When the NFL announced they were going to start testing his play fell WAY off. That was last year. When it was announced they couldn't test for HGH all of a sudden he's an animal again.

nygfanmaybe
09-15-2012, 08:06 AM
You do realize that Clay is a huge HGH juicer right? When the NFL announced they were going to start testing his play fell WAY off. That was last year. When it was announced they couldn't test for HGH all of a sudden he's an animal again.No...I didn't know that, but thanks for info. It explains everything clearly now.

I wonder if he goes back and watches himself on TV and if he does, does he get embarrassed or does he like what he sees?

TheEnigma
09-15-2012, 08:10 AM
Surprised no one mentioned it yet but he was going 1v1 against Webb for most of the night. I mean, that guy is a pretty bad offensive lineman and he had no RB help.

GameTime
09-15-2012, 09:54 AM
Nothing to do with the loss or win. About the shape of the players as it was eloquently pointed out to me the reason

Thanks for the ice in my drink was chilled perfectly.
I dont make the excuse for the pratice rules......they should be kicking ***. But you are a bit over the top.
Like I said one subpar game.....no BFD

GMan-67
09-15-2012, 10:01 AM
it's a marathon, not a sprint ... that 49ers return man looked gassed in the postseason

appodictic
09-15-2012, 10:25 AM
Q. With these new practice rules are placers forced not to practice more or the choose not to practice more. It seems like a team that just won a superbowl would not have conditioning questions coming into the season.(injured players being the exception). You would think they would be motivated. For a guy like a lineman especially a defensive one what practice/conditioning cant you accomplish yourself? Run around and run into human sized pads, get a dog chase him around the yard :)

ELI_Iz_God
09-15-2012, 01:17 PM
Okay D line LB's did you see this kid play. Time to step up and not just one game.

You play for 15 or 20 minutes a game I expect to see this kind of effort on every play for the rest of the season. Is that asking to much.

Bill

His stats got padded off a horrid O-line..they we're practically feeding him sacks

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-15-2012, 01:28 PM
When did we get a player named clay matthews? I thought this was for threads about NY Giants Football. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-confused005.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Giantz4Life
09-15-2012, 01:29 PM
I'm surprised only one person mentioned juicing in reference to Matthews. The kid was 6-1 165 lbs coming in college and now he's a freak at 6'3 255. Not surprising his team mate Brian Cushing went through a very similar transformation.

http://blog.cakepoker.eu/wp-content/uploads/2010/8/brian-cushing-before-and-after.jpg

Man boobs to the Incredible Hulk

BigBlue1971
09-15-2012, 01:36 PM

Bill

i agree to an extent! i think it being the 1st game of the season should be a factor meaning they have time to correct what went wrong!

i suspect you will see a different team tomorrow or at least i hope so!

i think patience is required with the Giants as evident by their 7-7 record late last season! i was a wreck at that point but how did it all turn out????

i'll take the same approach until i know for sure we have a winner......or a loser!

derekunion28
09-15-2012, 01:49 PM
he is good butt i dont like him

BillTheGreek
09-15-2012, 02:01 PM
He's a FREAKING Animal ! WE BETTER DOUBLE TEAM HIM, when we meet up with HIM, for sure. Or put him in a cage !

GO GIANTS ! !

BeatYale
09-15-2012, 05:08 PM

Bill

Mathews wasn't even playing like himself that game. I don't consider him a top pass rusher in the league based on his production the past 3 years. There's plenty of other players who are better examples.

BlueBlooded1979
09-15-2012, 06:49 PM
Clay Matthews is well rested since he essentially jogged through most of last year. JPP gave a ton of effort but gave Romo too many opportunities by taking the hard inside move and breaking contain.

BParcells777
09-15-2012, 07:40 PM
The giants do not fly to the ball

there is no cohesiveness

appodictic
09-15-2012, 10:37 PM
Woopdee fricken do, Clay Mathews has 3 sacks. I seem to remember against the bears where the giants injured 3 of their quarterbacks! First cutler got concussed by ross, then collins then we roughed up the third stringer. News flash the bears o-line stinks, worse then our for many years now.

joemorrisforprez
09-15-2012, 10:58 PM
Last week seemed much more mental than anything else. It took one week to go from Champs to the basement, so hopefully the complacency is gone now.

BillTheGreek
09-16-2012, 04:57 AM
Last week seemed much more mental than anything else. It took one week to go from Champs to the basement, so hopefully the complacency is gone now.

Giants will earn treir PAY today !

GO GIANTS !!