PDA

View Full Version : Amukamara, Coe both say they're ready

RoanokeFan
09-14-2012, 07:52 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/17163/amukamara-coe

Excerpt: "The Giants still have not determined who will start at cornerback opposite Corey Webster (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8457/corey-webster) on Sunday against the Buccaneers.

But the two most likely candidates, Prince Amukamara (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13975/prince-amukamara) and Michael Coe (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10616/michael-coe), both sounded ready to go after practice on Friday.

"I just practiced this whole week, and just did the best I can out there," Amukamara said. "I feel a lot better. I feel like I'm improving and getting healthier each day."

"If I can compete in practice, I can play," he added.

"I feel really good," Coe said. "It's up to the coaches. I've been practicing all week, I've been feeling good. I've been doing special teams work and everything else." Read more...

Laurah1275
09-14-2012, 07:58 PM
Awesome! They're ready, I'm ready, we are all ready....LE'TS WIN....GO GIANTS!

Jiffy Jeff
09-14-2012, 07:59 PM
You gotta stick Amukamara out there.........how much worse could he be than Coe???

slipknottin
09-14-2012, 08:01 PM
You gotta stick Amukamara out there.........how much worse could he be than Coe???

Coe played pretty well.... Prince when hes been on the field has been good.

Its going to come down to whoever the medical staff feels is completely ready to play

Red Barron
09-14-2012, 08:01 PM
Prince will play.. But for how long?

RoanokeFan
09-14-2012, 08:02 PM

Coe wasn't the problem, Tryon was. Coe did a decent job until he came up lame. Let's also not forget Webster didn't distinguish himself last week.

slipknottin
09-14-2012, 08:06 PM
Coe wasn't the problem, Tryon was. Coe did a decent job until he came up lame. Let's also not forget Webster didn't distinguish himself last week.

I honestly did not think Tyron played badly either. He was where he was supposed to be. He got out positioned/jumped by Austin but Austin is 6'3 and Tyron is 5'8.

Rich4114
09-14-2012, 08:06 PM
Can someone share with me why Hosley couldn't play? He's absolutely better than Coe and Tyron.

RoanokeFan
09-14-2012, 08:12 PM
I honestly did not think Tyron played badly either. He was where he was supposed to be. He got out positioned/jumped by Austin but Austin is 6'3 and Tyron is 5'8.

It's not that Tryon played badly as much as Webster was off his feed and Tryon is the last guy in rotation. I not blaming Tryon by any means, he's just not ready for prime time and that's understandable.

nycisgreat
09-14-2012, 08:44 PM
It remains to be seen. I haven't been impress by what I have seen from both guys.

RoanokeFan
09-14-2012, 08:46 PM
Can someone share with me why Hosley couldn't play? He's absolutely better than Coe and Tyron.

He's a rookie

giantsfan420
09-14-2012, 08:56 PM
and hosely did/will play too, I bet quite a bit.

My vote for starter goes to Prince if he can handle it. Snap count it tho with him and give reps to Coe. Hosely in the slot. should see improved secondary play

TopleyBird
09-14-2012, 09:09 PM
They can both play half the game. Good enough for me

DownWitJPP
09-14-2012, 09:17 PM

Hosley did play on wednesday night...they were mixing him in on a few plays in the slot

Rich4114
09-14-2012, 09:20 PM
Just because he's a rookie doesn't mean he can't play. Plenty of rookie CB's start. Aaron Ross did for us in fact and had a nice rookie season.

DownWitJPP
09-14-2012, 09:21 PM
AGAIN HE DID PLAY LOL

RoanokeFan
09-14-2012, 09:26 PM
Just because he's a rookie doesn't mean he can't play. Plenty of rookie CB's start. Aaron Ross did for us in fact and had a nice rookie season.

True, they ease them into the game based upon what they know he can handle and he played Wednesday night. They need to take advantage of the opportunities they get. I would expect him to play Sunday as well. But no one can say he's better than the rest of the herd just yet.

rainierjef
09-14-2012, 09:41 PM
Awesome! They're ready, I'm ready, we are all ready....LE'TS WIN....GO GIANTS!

I see what you're trying to do, it is not working.

Rat_bastich
09-14-2012, 10:37 PM
I want to see what Prince can do but I don't want them to mortgage the future by throwing him in there too early either. I think the sacraficial lamb would have to be Coe if both are on equal medical terms and not totally healed.

Redeyejedi
09-14-2012, 10:40 PM
[QUOTE=slipknottin;483993]Coe played pretty well.... Prince when hes been on the field has been good.

Its going to come down to whoever the medical staff feels is completely ready to play[/QUOTEI like Coe . He was the best Cornerback the Giants had against Dallas

slipknottin
09-14-2012, 11:42 PM
Hosley played quite a bit against Dallas. He was brought in to be the slot corner, he played well there. Moving Hosley outside just means the giants have to find someone else to play in the slot. Better to just let Hosley stay and keep improving in the slot. That is essentially a starting position anyway.

rainierjef
09-15-2012, 12:38 AM
[QUOTE=slipknottin;483993]Coe played pretty well.... Prince when hes been on the field has been good.

Its going to come down to whoever the medical staff feels is completely ready to play[/QUOTEI like Coe . He was the best Cornerback the Giants had against Dallas

welcome back spammer

Antwuan
09-15-2012, 01:07 AM
Good News!

TheEnigma
09-15-2012, 04:24 AM
There's a misconception that being the slot cornerback is a bad thing but it actually requires a certain skillset separate from playing on the outside. I'm certain as the season goes on and he picks up the defense, he'll be making plays for us.

Captain Chaos
09-15-2012, 04:43 AM
Coe is probable and Prince is questionable, I think that says a little. Think Coe will get the start.

BlueMetal 40
09-15-2012, 07:04 AM
True, they ease them into the game based upon what they know he can handle and he played Wednesday night. They need to take advantage of the opportunities they get. I would expect him to play Sunday as well. But no one can say he's better than the rest of the herd just yet.

I believe Hosley was also limited because he was working through issues with his turf toe injury. More time to heal = more playing time.

RoanokeFan
09-15-2012, 07:21 AM
I believe Hosley was also limited because he was working through issues with his turf toe injury. More time to heal = more playing time.

That would be a consideration as well.

Rat_bastich
09-15-2012, 07:44 AM
There's a misconception that being the slot cornerback is a bad thing but it actually requires a certain skillset separate from playing on the outside. I'm certain as the season goes on and he picks up the defense, he'll be making plays for us.

Yeah the slot corner has alot of responsibilities..coverage, run stopping, etc. He has to have a good awareness and be quick in recognizing plays.

RoanokeFan
09-15-2012, 08:31 AM
Hosley was a ball hawk at VT and we've already seen a glimpse of that.

Marvelousmik
09-15-2012, 02:49 PM
I honestly did not think Tyron played badly either. He was where he was supposed to be. He got out positioned/jumped by Austin but Austin is 6'3 and Tyron is 5'8. thats the problem. Any reciever with some decent height will abuse him. Austin also faked him out pretty good on his routes too.

CowboysSuck
09-15-2012, 03:53 PM
Tryon got burned on possibly the most obvious play call of the game in the most obvious passing situation in the most crucial play. Hes in MY doghouse. Whether that means anything or not...well i dont care.

penguinfarmer
09-15-2012, 04:11 PM
I can't say Tryon was in position on that last catch of Miles. He completely missed the jam and was having to recover from the start of the route. By the time the ball was in play for Miles, he was still in full stride just to catch up while just turning his head where he couldn't play neither ball nor man.

Though you really can't put the load on him. He's a nickel corner himself who's better freelancing in the middle. I'm sure the Giants never anticipated having him flipping and running with first team D.

egyptian420
09-15-2012, 05:37 PM
I really hope they are. Webster, Prince, Coe, and Hosley SHOULD be better than what we had last week. I can only hope though...

JesseJames
09-15-2012, 05:53 PM
Coe played pretty well.... Prince when hes been on the field has been good.

Its going to come down to whoever the medical staff feels is completely ready to play I'm really hoping Prince wins me over in this game but as of right now I'm thinking there isn't much difference between Prince and Coe but it would be nice for the team if it was Prince who steps up and takes the spot..

egyptian420
09-15-2012, 05:58 PM
I'm really hoping Prince wins me over in this game but as of right now I'm thinking there isn't much difference between Prince and Coe but it would be nice for the team if it was Prince who steps up and takes the spot..
I honestly could not care less if Tryon became the #1 CB on our team, granted he shows he's the best man for the job. Prince being picked in the 1st round doesn't mean jack to me, I always want the best man for the job.

Giving someone a position they don't earn just because of their draft position is the stupidest and most egotistic thing a team could do.