PDA

View Full Version : NFL.com saying Tuck pointing fingers at youngsters(Such BS)

giantsfan420
09-15-2012, 05:11 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000062302/article/justin-tuck-young-new-york-giants-dont-have-an-edge

it is odd that this would even be discussed. Dunno what tuck is quite thinking...but it is sensationalized bs as usual...

giantsfan420
09-15-2012, 05:12 PM
does anyone know what the author is referring to when kenny phillips, JPP, and a couple other younger guys all had big words in response or something...?

Captain Chaos
09-15-2012, 05:19 PM
I'll take if from where it comes; probably some truth to it...

DownWitJPP
09-15-2012, 05:27 PM
Tuck's just trying to get them prepared for NFL football...he's the D captain and he should be more vocal. He didn't specifically call out any 1 player in the media, so I have no problem with this

BeatYale
09-15-2012, 05:27 PM
I think it revolves around effort in practice. Tuck has always been vocal about the vibes he gets during practice and has mentioned in the past during some of our ugly losses, like against the Saints, that the team had a bad week of practice.

The vets know what winning feels like, they also know about the dark days of losing seasons - so they probably prepare during the week like it's the last game they'll ever play, but the young guys are looking at it as just another day of practice.

GmanSenior
09-15-2012, 05:31 PM
This is great news as far as I'm concerned. This is exactly what you want the veterans to do - provide leadership. Tuck said nothing derogatory towards anyone. He and the other veterans just said the youngsters need to pick it up a bit. My glass half empty just got a little fuller.

nhpgiantsfan
09-15-2012, 05:31 PM
Tuck should shut up. He had what I consider one of his quietest games as a Giant! Our captain was standing on the sideline sulking after he missed a big tackle on Murray. I mean he was as much a non factor in that game as anyone on the team. He is supposed to be the leader and I sure didn't see his sense of urgency.

giantsfan420
09-15-2012, 05:32 PM
i personally had no issue with what he said except for the fact he made it public. talk to the young guys face2face, not thru the media, bc then u get the media saying "tuck pointing his finger..." and bs like that. i also dont know what the author is referring to, she says that canty, kp, and jpp all had strong words on the matter but i dont know what they said

Giantz4Life
09-15-2012, 05:38 PM
i personally had no issue with what he said except for the fact he made it public. talk to the young guys face2face, not thru the media, bc then u get the media saying "tuck pointing his finger..." and bs like that. i also dont know what the author is referring to, she says that canty, kp, and jpp all had strong words on the matter but i dont know what they said

I agree. Just like the Prince tub incident I believe this stuff should be kept in house. Have no problem with Tuck trying to motivate and prepare these rooks, but don't give the media something like that to run with. They just create extra and unnecessary drama.

BigBlue1971
09-15-2012, 05:49 PM
with Tuck as one of the team leaders i think he is using this language to motivate the younger players.

if it works i have no problem with his comments. he knows his locker room and how they operate so he needs to take charge!

FIFTY6G-MAN
09-15-2012, 05:55 PM
The deal with Tuck talking is, as a defensive captain, I am sure he has stepped his game up during this week after watching the game film. I would almost say that he is pumping his guys up as well. When it goes on print, and the public see it, word gets back to the players and puts a chip on their shoulders. When that happens .....Look Out cause we all know what happens when our Giants get a chip on their shoulders and feel like they are playing against all odds......They Win! Good on Tuck for this and for not calling out any players!

nhpgiantsfan
09-15-2012, 06:00 PM
with Tuck as one of the team leaders i think he is using this language to motivate the younger players.

if it works i have no problem with his comments. he knows his locker room and how they operate so he needs to take charge!

I would rather he motivate the younger players with his play onthe field.

Rat_bastich
09-15-2012, 06:06 PM
Tuck should shut up. He had what I consider one of his quietest games as a Giant! Our captain was standing on the sideline sulking after he missed a big tackle on Murray. I mean he was as much a non factor in that game as anyone on the team. He is supposed to be the leader and I sure didn't see his sense of urgency.

Man, leaders fail too. This is Tuck AND the other veterrans(not just Tuck, he was just singled out)stepping up and saying that something has to be done and that there is too much coddling of the young guys. What you have to look at in this article is at what point did his conversation get recorded? Maybe the interviewer left out the whole, the veterans need to step up part in order to make his point for this article. It even seems to start in the middle of a conversation, not at the beginning. Also, they jump to the assumption that this is why Prince was thrown in the tub. This is lazy and shoddy writing more than anything

The young guys look up to the older guys, even the crusty veteran that may have lost a step. The thing is he has been there and he knows how to win. If anything, Tuck should not shut up and he should demand more out of the people he is the leader of and of himself.

You cannot expect a leader to succeed all the time. Somebody has to step up and Tuck is that man. The last few years folks around these boards were crying there was no vocal leader, but now there is one they're still crying. I'm lost.

fourth&forever
09-15-2012, 06:16 PM
The writer, Kareem Copeland, is creating drama where there is none.

I have to agree with Rat. This is crap writing.

giantsfan420
09-15-2012, 06:21 PM
The deal with Tuck talking is, as a defensive captain, I am sure he has stepped his game up during this week after watching the game film. I would almost say that he is pumping his guys up as well. When it goes on print, and the public see it, word gets back to the players and puts a chip on their shoulders. When that happens .....Look Out cause we all know what happens when our Giants get a chip on their shoulders and feel like they are playing against all odds......They Win! Good on Tuck for this and for not calling out any players!
good point. this could be some sort of well intentioned ploy to get the younger guys playing mad and with a purpose

egyptian420
09-15-2012, 06:25 PM
I bet you the Giants are creating these situations every year just to make our team better lol.....really though, every single year we're always mentioned in the media in some sort of negative light (eg. Eli saying he's elite last year) and it becomes the big story......and then we have some bad games, and the media and all the Skip Baylesses and everyone starts ripping on us, and just when everyone thinks our year is done, the team gets sick of all the doubters and plays at an unstoppable pace.......call me a conspiracy theorist but I bet you Mara is setting this up, it just happens way too often lol

penguinfarmer
09-15-2012, 07:47 PM
I just think it's odd as Tuck was never much of a rah-rah guy to begin with. He was rather the silent type as well until recently, trying to mold himself into someone who is more vocal. Even on the other side of the ball, Eli's never been the ferocious kind.

So either he's seeing some poor habits, or this is just more fragmentary reporting that lacks context for it to make sense for us.

derekunion28
09-15-2012, 07:50 PM
hmmm u can spin this 1000 ways...

GMan-67
09-16-2012, 06:32 AM
Tuck's just trying to get them prepared for NFL football...he's the D captain and he should be more vocal. He didn't specifically call out any 1 player in the media, so I have no problem with this

exactly, part of Tuck's job as the leader of the D and a team leader in general is to motivate and Tuck knows that every player on the 53 has to contibute and get better week to week ... this is no longer a starting 11 league ... everyone needs to contribute and be ready to contribute more if/when injuries occur

finally, Tuck was a big part of 2 Championship teams, so he has the credibility and even though none of us were thrilled with his performance Wed., we do know that barrring injury the old Tuck will appear very shortly ... Strahan used to ease into seasons as well and that was Tuck's mentor

FBomb
09-16-2012, 11:27 AM
This is officially a non issue. Just more made up drama by the media.

FBomb
09-16-2012, 11:30 AM
craigslist-il (http://craigslist-il.craigslist.exigoo.com/index.php) amazon-silly-bandz (http://amazon-silly-bandz.amazon.exigoo.com/index.php) craigslist-campers (http://craigslist-campers.craigslist.exigoo.com/index.php) craigslist (http://craigslist.com-sacramento.craigslist.exigoo.com/index.php) ebay-uk-motorcycles (http://ebay-uk-motorcycles.ebay.exigoo.com/index.php)

May your trailer burn to the ground and your Chevy Nova throw a rod.