PDA

View Full Version : Hosley Getting The Start

egyptian420
09-16-2012, 11:42 AM
I really love this move, maybe he's progressed really well. I can't wait to see some new blood in this position. Hopefully he does well.

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
Giants say rookie Jayron Hosley to start today, not Michael Coe.

Tom Rock ‏@TomRock_Newsday
Hosley will start against the Bucs today.

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN
Jayron Hosley will be starting at CB for Prince Amukamara. ... Michael Coe presumably will in nickel defenses. #NYG

titwio
09-16-2012, 11:45 AM
Don't want to jinx him but....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShABUGCMAeA

juice33s
09-16-2012, 11:46 AM
With Prince inactive, Coe nursing a hammy and Tryon sucking looks like the rook will get a look

Ohm Youngmisuk ‏@NotoriousOHM (http://twitter.com/NotoriousOHM)
Check that. Giants say rookie Jayron Hosley will start for Prince.

Expand (http://twitter.com/NotoriousOHM/status/247359187670138881)

juice33s
09-16-2012, 11:52 AM
Anybody have his pff numbers from week 1?...I know Tryon gave up 4 receptions for 71 yards and a touchdown while filling in for Coe, Webster gave up 5 for 127

giantcarll
09-16-2012, 11:57 AM
yeah Webster was the worst out of the bunch.

B-Red22
09-16-2012, 11:59 AM
lets hope he can hold his own and show us something.

juice33s
09-16-2012, 11:59 AM
Prediction: Hosley gets a pick and Muk will get pushed down the depth chart when he returns....similar to what happened when Ross struggled to stay healthy and TT took his spot

egyptian420
09-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Prediction: Hosley gets a pick and Muk will get pushed down the depth chart when he returns....similar to what happened when Ross struggled to stay healthy and TT took his spot if he gets a pick, I'm taking 3 shots of vodka back to back

gmen0820
09-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Wow, I'm very surprised. Hosley was ideally supposed to be groomed as our NB, but I guess it's just a matter of numbers now.

egyptian420
09-16-2012, 12:02 PM
Wow, I'm very surprised. Hosley was ideally supposed to be groomed as our NB, but I guess it's just a matter of numbers now.
Looks like that's where he'll be when Prince comes back. As far as today goes though, I like Coe at nickel, I think he'll do well there.

CowboysSuck
09-16-2012, 12:03 PM
Lets go JAYRON!!!! Lets see what this kid is made of! Im stoked.

juice33s
09-16-2012, 12:06 PM
Looks like that's where he'll be when Prince comes back. As far as today goes though, I like Coe at nickel, I think he'll do well there.
He can still play nickel in the nickel D, but in the base D even when Prince comes back he could stay a starter if he does well enough

egyptian420
09-16-2012, 12:09 PM
He can still play nickel in the nickel D, but in the base D even when Prince comes back he could stay a starter if he does well enough if that's the case, I'm fine with it....I don't care who was picked when in the draft, I'm always for the best man for the job

B-Red22
09-16-2012, 12:14 PM
if he gets a pick, I'm taking 3 shots of vodka back to back

Make it tequila and your on!!! lol

GMan-67
09-16-2012, 12:17 PM
let's go kid, you got the speed, you got the ball skills, now it's time to grow up in a hurry !!!

egyptian420
09-16-2012, 12:20 PM
Make it tequila and your on!!! lolugh....I want to throw up thinking of that

NWKEffectElement
09-16-2012, 12:24 PM
if that's the case, I'm fine with it....I don't care who was picked when in the draft, I'm always for the best man for the job

I'm with you about whoever gets the job. However It would be lying saying that I didn't want him to keep the job over Prince.

penguinfarmer
09-16-2012, 12:26 PM

I am too, but maybe this is just to limit some snaps of Coe? Maybe Hosley just gets pushed in on Nickel situations which should be often.

NWKEffectElement
09-16-2012, 12:33 PM
I'm still wondering why ppl strictly classified him as a NB when he was drafted. My only guess is his size. Hopefully he can stay healthy and truly be that guy across from CW.

moosedrool
09-16-2012, 12:35 PM
If Hosley plays well I bet he keeps the starting CB job. Prince has shown nothing when he's played and he gets injured so easily and thus unreliable.

ALLnygIN
09-16-2012, 12:35 PM
JAYYYRONNN i'm stoked about this. I understand this is a big day for the kid hasn't even gotten his feet wet. Really good move though. Even if he struggles, the experience will be good for the kid and I honestly don't think Coe would be a bigger impact out there anyway. Lets see what this kids got!

giantsfan420
09-16-2012, 12:38 PM
I'm still wondering why ppl strictly classified him as a NB when he was drafted. My only guess is his size. Hopefully he can stay healthy and truly be that guy across from CW.
no one classified him as that for any other reason, imo, than we had webster, t2, and prince all vying for the 2 starting roles. he wasnt expected to be starting, this year at least.

and i dunno bout the premise that if he does ok he starts over prince. prince isnt starting bc he's hurt. IF hosely comes out and kills it, then I could see it being a battle but i dont think they'd hand him the starter role over 1 solid game. jmo tho

giantsfan420
09-16-2012, 12:40 PM

he absolutely has the game to be a quality starting corner. i dont think anyone thought or planned on it being this season, but injuries forced our hand. of the corners active today, hosely has the most talent outside webster.

giantsfan420
09-16-2012, 12:42 PM
and watch, now if he doesnt have a good outing, the people calling for him to be a starter and hoping he starts over prince will be the first ones to go "WTF WHY DID WE DRAFT HIM"...remember guys, he IS a rookie

ny06
09-16-2012, 12:42 PM
no one classified him as that for any other reason, imo, than we had webster, t2, and prince all vying for the 2 starting roles. he wasnt expected to be starting, this year at least.

and i dunno bout the premise that if he does ok he starts over prince. prince isnt starting bc he's hurt. IF hosely comes out and kills it, then I could see it being a battle but i dont think they'd hand him the starter role over 1 solid game. jmo tho

Other than Webster, the other starting corner spot should be up for grabs. Prince has shown nothing to guarantee a starting spot. As far as I'm concerned, no one has the 2nd corner position set in stone.

G-Men Surg.
09-16-2012, 01:09 PM
Just go out and ball kid ! It's your time to shine and take thenbullnbynthe horns !

Redeyejedi
09-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Hosley is all ready better then Tryon.