PDA

View Full Version : Webster is getting TOASTED

Tmurda1984
09-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Anyone wants to still continue to call me an idiot after I clearly said that Webster and Rolle are the main reasons our secondary isn't playing up to par. I think if we can get these guys to step up or secondary problems will start to clear up. Coe and Tryon wasnt as bad as people on these boards said. Webster and Rolle needs to STEP IT UP BIG TIME...they both have big time contracts so I expect big time plays.

Toadofsteel
09-16-2012, 01:42 PM
Yeah, I'm seeing that too. Does webster have any nagging injuries that we don't know about?

ELI_Iz_God
09-16-2012, 01:47 PM
C.Web looks very average..I don't know who was posting he was a top 10 corner..so far it doesn't look like he should even made the 53

tcseacliff
09-17-2012, 12:23 AM
Yeah, I'm seeing that too. Does webster have any nagging injuries that we don't know about?

yeah, he is no Reevus! they are beating him big time, that can't go on for much longer, has to step up. really though he had better wheels than that?

repeatchamps
09-17-2012, 12:27 AM
yeah, he is no Reevus! they are beating him big time, that can't go on for much longer, has to step up. really though he had better wheels than that?

I agree, he looks out of shape or just flat out slow. He's actually starting to get old and it's showing more than I thought it would at this point in his career. He has been through a lot of wars and his age is starting to creep on him.

Manning
09-17-2012, 12:28 AM
These def were not his best games, but that being said he had a run at one point where he was spectacular. They just look like some serious lapses.

SackingMyths
09-17-2012, 12:29 AM
C.Web looks very average..I don't know who was posting he was a top 10 corner..so far it doesn't look like he should even made the 53

His play is always very up and down. He'll go through stretches where he can shadow a #1 with no safety help, and other times when he can't cover a bum. (See: Ogletree, Kevin)

In 07, 11 playoff run - he played at a shutdown level. He just doesn't seem to keep it going for long enough.

BurnerNYG
09-17-2012, 12:49 AM
He's human and the body changes and ages. Let's not dog the man... he did help us win 2 titles. We can discuss it without calling him names or sayIng he shouldnt have made the roster. I wonder how many of our messageboard members can cover a NFL receiver. Now that'll be a sight to see. LOL

egyptian420
09-17-2012, 12:57 AM
He's human and the body changes and ages. Let's not dog the man... he did help us win 2 titles. We can discuss it without calling him names or sayIng he shouldnt have made the roster. I wonder how many of our messageboard members can cover a NFL receiver. Now that'll be a sight to see. LOLI agree, I think his level of play has drastically deteriorated and as fans it is very upsetting to see him get torched over and over, but that's more coaching error for still keeping him out there, or maybe it's because he's the best we got at the moment.

I still respect the man and appreciate everything he's done for us over the years and when you consider how thin we are at that position, you can't really expect him to go anywhere.

BurnerNYG
09-17-2012, 01:11 AM
I agree, I think his level of play has drastically deteriorated and as fans it is very upsetting to see him get torched over and over, but that's more coaching error for still keeping him out there, or maybe it's because he's the best we got at the moment.

I still respect the man and appreciate everything he's done for us over the years and when you consider how thin we are at that position, you can't really expect him to go anywhere.Some are just ready to just throw him to the wolves... wow.

Rod-Diggity
09-17-2012, 01:25 AM
I think web's been playing too soft lately he's giving too much of a cushion to these receivers I dunno if it's cuz it's the way the D is setup but he needs to be doing more press and get a good jam off the line imo

bbdynasty
09-17-2012, 02:08 AM
bump and run, seriously. we need to play physical at the line, slow down these big receivers. thats the only way...

RichGiants81
09-17-2012, 03:31 AM

He's no revis because the league doesn't let him hold and hand check the receivers down field on every play

Syverce
09-17-2012, 03:53 AM
I cant remember Webster ever being great in zone coverage. He always seems to play better when he can play close man to man.

Captain Chaos
09-17-2012, 05:08 AM
Anyone wants to still continue to call me an idiot after I clearly said that Webster and Rolle are the main reasons our secondary isn't playing up to par. I think if we can get these guys to step up or secondary problems will start to clear up. Coe and Tryon wasnt as bad as people on these boards said. Webster and Rolle needs to STEP IT UP BIG TIME...they both have big time contracts so I expect big time plays.

Coe I might agree with but Tyron? He was getting owned at the end of this game, he also was owned in Dallas!

Mlerman17
09-17-2012, 02:43 PM
He's human and the body changes and ages. Let's not dog the man... he did help us win 2 titles. We can discuss it without calling him names or sayIng he shouldnt have made the roster. I wonder how many of our messageboard members can cover a NFL receiver. Now that'll be a sight to see. LOL That would make sense if we were getting paid 8 mil a year but we're not he is though. His play needs to improve combined with solid play from prince to make the playoffs.

Giantsfan241
09-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Webster is slow, that's why he's getting beat. He's a lot slower then he was.

TheAnalyst
09-17-2012, 02:47 PM
In other news, Ross looked absolutely horrible and is getting ripped pretty bad in Jacksonville today. He missed some big tackles and got burned a few times.