PDA

View Full Version : We have to accept we are not a strong 1st half of the season team

NYG4lifeNYK
09-16-2012, 04:05 PM
And because of that we are somewhat overrated. It's so frustrating because we can be the best team in the NFl and we've showed it countless times.

We don't start to look crisp until a handful of games are played. Hopefully we can weather the storm and figure things out and get going in the right direction.

We don't ever generally play well at home. Not really sure why but such is the case.

Going to take some luck and great play to win this game. We have to WANT it more.

BlueSanta
09-16-2012, 04:07 PM
These games matter every bit as the ones at the end of the season.

Stop making excuses.

BeatYale
09-16-2012, 04:09 PM

Stop making excuses.

He does have a point. Giants fans know how important it is to finish the season hot. It's what teams like Dallas haven't been able to do over the years and they have been highly criticized for it. We're notorious for 0-2 starts by now also, I wouldn't panic just yet.

Marvelousmik
09-16-2012, 04:10 PM
And because of that we are somewhat overrated. It's so frustrating because we can be the best team in the NFl and we've showed it countless times.

We don't start to look crisp until a handful of games are played. Hopefully we can weather the storm and figure things out and get going in the right direction.

We don't ever generally play well at home. Not really sure why but such is the case.

Going to take some luck and great play to win this game. We have to WANT it more.

There is stil la lot of football left to be played win or lose.

myles2424
09-16-2012, 04:10 PM

Stop making excuses.

They're all important...yet I'd rather have issues early & finish strong (2007,2011) than start beastly & then crumble (2008)

BlueSanta
09-16-2012, 04:11 PM
He does have a point. Giants fans know how important it is to finish the season hot. It's what teams like Dallas haven't been able to do over the years and they have been highly criticized for it. We're notorious for 0-2 starts by now also, I wouldn't panic just yet.

We have lost a division game and are losing a game vs a potential wildcard team as well. These games MATTER and if we continue to play like this then the 2nd half of the season will not matter no matter how hot we get.

I'll take 5
09-16-2012, 04:13 PM
Giants usually start out strong 5-2, 6-2 every season then run into trouble

tonyt830
09-16-2012, 04:14 PM
This team needs to figure out how to put together a good start to a season and try and stay consistent. The last month of the season is no cake walk with the schedule either.

giantyankee1976
09-16-2012, 04:18 PM

Stop making excuses.

I have to agree, under Coughlin, this team starts off weak...

PS
Brown's the Powerback that BJ wasn't. (still love ya 27 Big Jake)

Redeyejedi
09-16-2012, 04:24 PM
I have to agree, under Coughlin, this team starts off weak...

PS
Brown's the Powerback that BJ wasn't. (still love ya 27 Big Jake)What are U talking about. The Giants have been a much better first off team

giantyankee1976
09-16-2012, 04:27 PM
maybe I'm wrong but it seems like the years no one "respects" them they start off 5-2, 6-2 whatever... but in general they never seem to be a truly dominant team CONSISTENTLY...

maybe I'm wrong, and that's fine, but I truly wish they were consistently competitive and to be honest I am miffed at the 3 Takeaways and the fact that this game ought to be closer than what it is...

(and I really hate settling for FG's)

sorry, I'm only human fellas/ ladies

BlueSanta
09-16-2012, 04:29 PM
2007 we started 6-2
2008 we started 11-1
2009 we started 5-0
2010 we started 6-2
2011 we started 6-2

Some people just are not knowledgeable fans.

giantyankee1976
09-16-2012, 04:37 PM
2007 we started 6-2
2008 we started 11-1
2009 we started 5-0
2010 we started 6-2
2011 we started 6-2

Some people just are not knowledgeable fans.

guilty...now what?

tonyt830
09-16-2012, 04:45 PM
guilty...now what?uh oh, maybe its the firing squad? electric chair? hanging?(red font)

Don't worry about it man, some people like to talk down and condescend to others.

BlueSanta
09-16-2012, 04:49 PM
uh oh, maybe its the firing squad? electric chair? hanging?(red font)

Don't worry about it man, some people like to talk down and condescend to others.

Ya, holding someone accountable for saying something that is uninformed is "talking down to someone"

In truth, I was responding more to the original poster who not only made the initial statement but defended it repeatedly in the face of facts.

tonyt830
09-16-2012, 04:51 PM
Ya, holding someone accountable for saying something that is uninformed is "talking down to someone"

In truth, I was responding more to the original poster who not only made the initial statement but defended it repeatedly in the face of facts.relax man, did I mention you in my previous post? Geez!

Didnt mean to hurt your feelings for a general comment.

BlueSanta
09-16-2012, 04:54 PM
relax man, did I mention you in my previous post? Geez!

Didnt mean to hurt your feelings for a general comment.

As I never mentioned you either.....

But I do appreciate you admitting you were wrong. I would never make someone eat crow who already fed themselves.

Again, i was more responding to the original poster.

tonyt830
09-16-2012, 05:01 PM
As I never mentioned you either.....

But I do appreciate you admitting you were wrong. I would never make someone eat crow who already fed themselves.

Again, i was more responding to the original poster.I was joking with giantyankee when he mentioned guilty, so I added the comment.

As for me admitting I was wrong? I must have missed that in my previous posts?

But whatever man---its only a game. A lot of fans are going to get fired up and disgusted when their team is stinking it up.

giantyankee1976
09-16-2012, 05:02 PM
its all good, my life is hectic and has been...between my Family responsibilities, being in and out at the VA hospital, working full time and going to school at nights AND being out-of-market hurts too...some knowledge is likely to fail me.

LOL, thanks for the support Tony T !!!

Blue, you're all good with me...I guess if you more knowledgeable guys would be decent and tutor us not-so knowing guys, who knows huh?

PS
I love my Giants

tonyt830
09-16-2012, 05:18 PM
its all good, my life is hectic and has been...between my Family responsibilities, being in and out at the VA hospital, working full time and going to school at nights AND being out-of-market hurts too...some knowledge is likely to fail me.

LOL, thanks for the support Tony T !!!

Blue, you're all good with me...I guess if you more knowledgeable guys would be decent and tutor us not-so knowing guys, who knows huh?

PS
I love my Giantsahh life is too short to argue about a football game or who's right or wrong. You and BlueSanta are ok in my book. I too learn something every day. That includes football knowledge.

All is good !