PDA

View Full Version : OK really starting to see what Cowboys fans were talking about with Bennett.. damn it

NYG4lifeNYK
09-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Two dropped ****ing TD passes already in this game are you kidding me?

Black unicorn my ***... Ballard catches those

Guy goes for a one handed grab... what an idiot

He better work on his catching and never try to one arm a damn catch again unless it's necessary

nycisgreat
09-16-2012, 04:42 PM
The guy isn't simply garbage. I getting tired of him after two games already. At this point, I would give Bear Pascoe a shot. He always give you effort.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-16-2012, 04:46 PM
He has a lot of talent but his hands don't look very good at all.

This is what Cowboys fans were talking about.

He's a physical beast but his hands are suspect it seems... not good at all that he dropped 2 damn TD's already. How is Eli supposed to trust him?

tonyt830
09-16-2012, 04:47 PM

He better work on his catching and never try to one arm a damn catch again unless it's necessaryWell at least the Giants did not overpay for him---LOL!! hemust think this is training camp or practice, trying to make the highlight reel catches.

BlueMetal 40
09-16-2012, 04:47 PM
What happened to anything after his blocking is gravy? I'm not saying either of you guys said that, but I think it was general consensus. Everything will work itself out. We'll be fine!

JayMillah
09-16-2012, 04:50 PM
Knew you guys were too hyped up on him.

He's ****ing terrible.

FlyingTruck
09-16-2012, 04:50 PM
Because Nicks hasn't dropped catches that would be TD's. some of you people.

nycisgreat
09-16-2012, 05:02 PM
Well at least the Giants did not overpay for him---LOL!! hemust think this is training camp or practice, trying to make the highlight reel catches.

paying 2 million for that guy is overpaying for him.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-16-2012, 05:03 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSS BABY CROWWWWWWWWWWW

zimonami
09-16-2012, 05:04 PM
LMAO... don't things always come back to bite ya? hahahaha
You spoke too soon

WTG BENNETT!!!

NYG4lifeNYK
09-16-2012, 05:05 PM
LMAO... don't things always come back to bite ya? hahahaha
You spoke too soon

WTG BENNETT!!!

I spoke the truth. never said he was bad or didn't have talent

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

BlueMetal 40
09-16-2012, 05:08 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSS BABY CROWWWWWWWWWWW

A victory will make it taste so sweet, won't it? ;)

BlueSanta
09-16-2012, 05:09 PM
we have used Bennet today in ways we never ever used Ballard. That TD was a play Ballard would have been on the sideline.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-16-2012, 05:11 PM
we have used Bennet today in ways we never ever used Ballard. That TD was a play Ballard would have been on the sideline.

That is also rue, Bennett has speed for a man his size.

Going to be some ups and downs with him hopefully it's A LOT more UPS.

RichGiants81
09-16-2012, 05:16 PM
The guy isn't simply garbage. I getting tired of him after two games already. At this point, I would give Bear Pascoe a shot. He always give you effort.

You're nuts you still think that now?

krankeybluechick
09-16-2012, 05:31 PM
Give him time he's playing in a new system!!! I think he is going to be a monster!

BigBlue1971
09-16-2012, 05:37 PM

He better work on his catching and never try to one arm a damn catch again unless it's necessary

cm'on NYG he played a hellva game. scored the go ahead touchdown for us.

Harooni
09-16-2012, 05:38 PM
too soon, let him learn the system. he looks pretty good potential

GreenZone
09-16-2012, 05:40 PM
The only garbage around here is things being spewed out of the fingers of so-called fans for life who are ready for a quick excuse to jump ship.

GMan-67
09-16-2012, 05:43 PM
i thought he was worse than Ballard, but now i realize the difference .... great athlete ... great TDs ... i think we made out BIG on the whole injury, jakegate, BFF Witten, Marty B to NYG deal ... another great move by Jerry !!!!

sharick88
09-16-2012, 05:43 PM

Bennett just called and said he had some crow for you

giantsfan420
09-16-2012, 05:50 PM
wow. i agree it looked not so good at times, but he was blocking well all game, making catches...those potential td's werent easy catches by any means, and that late td was AWESOME and should build a ton of confidence

NYG4lifeNYK
09-16-2012, 06:27 PM
Bennett just called and said he had some crow for you

I ate it and it was delicious, however I didn't say anything that wasn't true.

I never once have questioned his talent or potential.

He redeemed himself in a BIG way.
He still dropped 2 TD's.

Medisleman
09-16-2012, 06:28 PM
I think the unicorn redeemed himself. Eli will get him going, just give it time. This relationship is just beginning.

RoanokeFan
09-16-2012, 06:50 PM

While he wasn't stellar, I don't think he was garbage. He scored that TD over the defender and, yes, he dropped some.

Harooni
09-16-2012, 06:51 PM
Bennett just called and said he had some crow for you lol haha

Captain Chaos
09-16-2012, 06:54 PM
While he wasn't stellar, I don't think he was garbage. He scored that TD over the defender and, yes, he dropped some.

I'll take a TD a game from him and I think the longer he plays with Eli the more in sync he will get. You were likely the same guys that said Brown was worthless in the preseason and should be cut.

rainierjef
09-16-2012, 06:57 PM
lmao it begins.

Bennett's knock has never been his ability, but his consistency, and focus. Sorry to be a negative nancy after a win, but those two drops could of changed the atmosphere of the game earlier. It's masked now cause of that catch for a TD and a win.

I just want him to be consistent, if hes going to be touted as this savior at the position. Is that too much to ask for?

NYG4lifeNYK
09-16-2012, 07:09 PM
lmao it begins.

Bennett's knock has never been his ability, but his consistency, and focus. Sorry to be a negative nancy after a win, but those two drops could of changed the atmosphere of the game earlier. It's masked now cause of that catch for a TD and a win.

I just want him to be consistent, if hes going to be touted as this savior at the position. Is that too much to ask for?

Exactly.

Well said.

zimonami
09-16-2012, 07:12 PM
Bennett will soon realize that he needs to keep focus until the play is over. Eli will target him a lot more than when he was in Dallas, so he needs to be ready... focused and relaxed. Mike Pope will help him to get better.

Eliscruzzz
09-16-2012, 07:40 PM

He better work on his catching and never try to one arm a damn catch again unless it's necessaryAl I got to say is this is very wrong and you will see

NYG4lifeNYK
09-16-2012, 07:45 PM
Al I got to say is this is very wrong and you will see

What is wrong with ANYTHING I stated?

He dropped TWO TD passes.

Tried to one hand one of them which is idiotic.And he needs to work on his receiving.I

I don't follow?

Eliscruzzz
09-16-2012, 07:46 PM
The guy has 72 yrds catching could've been more and a TD this is just wrong the guy doesn't have to have 100yrds and 3 td everygame

Giants5699
09-16-2012, 07:50 PM
Bennett is a solid, above average tight end. I think he'll get better with the more reps he gets. We have never had an athletic freak like him at tight end. Even Bavaro was nowhere near of a freak as Bennett is. I'm not saying Bennett is great, but Black Unicorn has shown he has game.

rainierjef
09-16-2012, 08:13 PM
The guy has 72 yrds catching could've been more and a TD this is just wrong the guy doesn't have to have 100yrds and 3 td everygame

He needs... to catch the catchable passes. both those passes could of been caught. We flay Cruz for his dropped passes last week, expect Bennett to take his blows this week as well. He needs to be consistent; add up his drops from last week to this week, and look at how those plays that he dropped could of
changed the atmosphere of the game. Yes we won, but you take and the good and bad out of each game win or lose.

rainierjef
09-16-2012, 08:14 PM
Bennett is a solid, above average tight end. I think he'll get better with the more reps he gets. We have never had an athletic freak like him at tight end. Even Bavaro was nowhere near of a freak as Bennett is. I'm not saying Bennett is great, but Black Unicorn has shown he has game.
Jeremy Shockey

Giants5699
09-16-2012, 08:19 PM
Jeremy Shockey
Shockey was athletic as hell, but he was not a freak. Shockey had incredible technique. Bennett is just a freak.. and if he develops that Shockey technique, he will be top 4 in the league.

rainierjef
09-16-2012, 08:21 PM
Shockey was athletic as hell, but he was not a freak. Shockey had incredible technique. Bennett is just a freak.. and if he develops that Shockey technique, he will be top 4 in the league.
Okay.
When you say freak, what is your definition of a freak athlete? And narrow it down to the position that we are discussing.

Eliscruzzz
09-16-2012, 08:25 PM
He needs... to catch the catchable passes. both those passes could of been caught. We flay Cruz for his dropped passes last week, expect Bennett to take his blows this week as well. He needs to be consistent; add up his drops from last week to this week, and look at how those plays that he dropped could of
changed the atmosphere of the game. Yes we won, but you take the good and bad out of each game win or lose.Cruz took her the heat cause he knows the offense and totally didi nothing. Bennett is learning the offense and he is doing this still sorry but you wrong buddy Bennett didn't do great but he was very solid. Cruz too lumps cause we lost. Bennett is a te THAT HAD 72 YARDS lol and the go ahead TD you are being way to hard on him plus his blocking was outstanding I actually heard a poster that they would rather have pascoe, you gotta remember . oh yeah every wr has drop he's a TE not as goosd as hands so you can't really use that against as long is he still is making plays. smh.......

Giants5699
09-16-2012, 08:26 PM
Okay.
When you say freak, what is your definition of a freak athlete? And narrow it down to the position that we are discussing.
Shockey was 6'4 240 lbs and ran great routes, had above average speed, and was tough as nails.

Bennett is 6'7" 280 lbs, runs a 4.5, is a very very good blocker, yet is still very raw. As far as athletic freak comparison goes, Shockey closer to Bavaro while Bennett is closer to Vernon Davis. Both were very good tight ends. Bavaro was gritty and technically sound like Shockey. Davis makes most of his plays with his athleticism like Bennett.

NorwoodBlue
09-16-2012, 08:31 PM
In his first two games with the Giants he has 9 Rec, 112 yds and two TD, and we're having an issue with this? He had one dropped TD for sure; but I'd say he was being interferred with the second time. Pope will coach him on how to break his arms free and get in better position; but I can't see how this guy has been a let down at all. He's a definite upgrade in my book. And he can block too. Sorry but there's no way in hell I want to go back to Ballard or to Pascoe. Pascoe as a starting TE is laughable.

Bennett is only going to get better as he gets more familiar with Eli and the system. The problem is he's only signed for one year. Hopefully, if his production continues and he shows consistency, he'll consider a contract extension with the Giants and not change teams again. It would be beneficial for both; but I'm sure his agent will want to go for big bucks in free agency.

rainierjef
09-16-2012, 08:45 PM
Cruz took her the heat cause he knows the offense and totally didi nothing. Bennett is learning the offense and he is doing this still sorry but you wrong buddy Bennett didn't do great but he was very solid. Cruz too lumps cause we lost. Bennett is a te THAT HAD 72 YARDS lol and the go ahead TD you are being way to hard on him plus his blocking was outstanding I actually heard a poster that they would rather have pascoe, you gotta remember . oh yeah every wr has drop he's a TE not as goosd as hands so you can't really use that against as long is he still is making plays. smh.......

I believe the coaches would not put Bennett out there if he did not know this offense. Him dropping all those passes was not his due to him not knowing the offense but rather, getting two hands on the ball, reaching out for the ball, focusing and locating the ball as it's coming to him. I have said time and time again, and this resonates with analyst and his prior coaches, lack of focus, lack of concentration, lack of consistency.
I am glad he caught that TD, but I would and i probably can speak for most on this, would be even more satisfied if he caught the first two. No one mentioned Cruz's 6 rec for 58 yds, they only focused in on his drops, so to mention he has 72 yds that's cool; can I get the two TD's that should of been attached to those yards?
Blocking was good cause we upgraded at both tackle spots by putting Beatty in and moving Locklear over, but Bennett is an exceptional blocker already, this is expected of him.
And as far as "oh yeah every wr has drop he's a TE not as goosd as hands so you can't really use that against as long is he still is making plays. smh....... " I think you need to provide more facts to your claims than opinion, TE's have very good hands as well, I can even name you a list of TE's over the years that have proved your claim wrong. Bennett has talked about him being behind Witten all his career, and getting the opportunity to be the primary target. in his three years at A&M he amassed 105 passes for 1,246 yards and 10 touchdowns, that doesn't look like stone hands to me. Smh....

rainierjef
09-16-2012, 08:47 PM
Hopefully, if his production continues and he shows consistency

^This

Tmurda1984
09-16-2012, 08:51 PM
Bennett can be a good tight end im starting to see some potential. But my problem with Bennett is that he's not always consistent. Eli was on the money in the second half and a couple of passes hit Bennett right in the numbers, he better not drop those balls. When is Adrian Robinson going to develop I kept hearing that he was the JPP of tight ends.

BillTheGreek
09-16-2012, 08:55 PM
OK,************ I said in June, That Bennett was Big , a good blocker, a fast runner for his size.........Then I said : But can he catch ? *********Then I said give him a Chance. I think he did pretty good for a new guy on the team.. WE WON and that's what counts

giantsfan420
09-16-2012, 08:57 PM
bennett is having a pro bowl type year SO FAR(if he can continue this level of play id say yes). big play threat, those two "drops" were more of tough situations opposed to hitting both hands. getting 1 hand on it isn't a drop imo. it was good d by barron, very physical defense.

but yeah, excellent blocking, reliable route running, big plays...been everything we hoped for and more. there isnt one playr on the team that cant play better. bennett can get better thats the scary thing. good YAC, that TD was HUGE. what a great play. two weeks, two big td grabs. and excellent blocking. anyone complaining was expecting him to be the best te in the league or something, all the while acting like it was a questionable signing smh

rainierjef
09-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Shockey was 6'4 240 lbs and ran great routes, had above average speed, and was tough as nails.

Bennett is 6'7" 280 lbs, runs a 4.5, is a very very good blocker, yet is still very raw. As far as athletic freak comparison goes, Shockey closer to Bavaro while Bennett is closer to Vernon Davis. Both were very good tight ends. Bavaro was gritty and technically sound like Shockey. Davis makes most of his plays with his athleticism like Bennett.

Jeremy Shockey
Ht: 6'5"
Wt: 255
40-time: 4.58
Vertical jump: 30"
Bench press: 370

Bennett
6'7
40-time: 4.68
Vertical Jump: 34.0
Bench press: 225

Bennett coming out was a better blocker than Shockey, but as far as athleticism Shockey had him beat hands down. If you notcie how Bennett runs his routes and makes his cuts, he rounds them off. Shockey was alot more crisp in and out of his cuts during his routes. Earlier in his career Shockey had a bigger catch radius and catch percentage. Now don't take this as me bashing Bennett, i hope he proves me wrong, i just need to see consistency throughout each game first. In my honest opinion i think Shockey was more of an athletic freak than Bennett

rainierjef
09-16-2012, 09:00 PM
Bennett can be a good tight end im starting to see some potential. But my problem with Bennett is that he's not always consistent. Eli was on the money in the second half and a couple of passes hit Bennett right in the numbers, he better not drop those balls.

this

bELIeve_in_Giants
09-16-2012, 09:00 PM
I like him. Happy to have him.

dmighty326
09-16-2012, 09:01 PM
Bennett is going to be solid. Is he signed for just one year? We need to solidify that position

rainierjef
09-16-2012, 09:01 PM
Pro-bowl type year after two games.... Okay im done, checking out of this thread before it goes any further.

drewz
09-16-2012, 09:04 PM
Pro-bowl type year after two games.... Okay im done, checking out of this thread before it goes any further.

lol, this whole thread is nuts smh

giantsfan420
09-16-2012, 09:05 PM
r u sure its cuz u didnt hit ur 15 post thread limit trying to make sure we all heard ur opinion for the 12th time...ok we got it. i heard u the first time when u said bennett needed to become a new person and create a new work habit and ethic bc ntegrase said he was this epic bust...yup. epic bust...maybe u should bounce anyways. ur opinion certainly has changed. it went from dallas being right, dallas fans being right, him being an epic disappointment who we had no reason to be stoked with signing...2 tds 2 weeks. producing big numbers WHILE kicking *** blocking...im glad he's performed this well. and as i said, so far, if he continues this level, easily pro bowler

Bigbluefan77
09-16-2012, 09:09 PM
He still has suspect hands
I like his athleticism however, but i would not throw him a huge contract

Giants5699
09-16-2012, 09:11 PM
Jeremy Shockey

Bennett
6'7

Bennett coming out was a better blocker than Shockey, but as far as athleticism Shockey had him beat hands down. If you notcie how Bennett runs his routes and makes his cuts, he rounds them off. Shockey was alot more crisp in and out of his cuts during his routes. Earlier in his career Shockey had a bigger catch radius and catch percentage. Now don't take this as me bashing Bennett, i hope he proves me wrong, i just need to see consistency throughout each game first. In my honest opinion i think Shockey was more of an athletic freak than Bennett

Point taken and I guess I agree somewhat. Shockey however had the Bavaro problem at the end where injuries finally caught up with him... He could have been one of the best ever if not for injuries.

rainierjef
09-16-2012, 09:12 PM
sigh* smh...420 There you go again, adding your own little touch and twisting words. nothing solid in his assessment; just fan boy optimism. Consistency is the key to winning football games, football players are creatures of habit. I'm not even going to get into this with you, but keep making excuses for him dropping passes that easily could of been TD's or moving the chains.

rainierjef
09-16-2012, 09:13 PM
Shockey however had the Bavaro problem at the end where injuries finally caught up with him... He could have been one of the best ever if not for injuries. agreed

RoanokeFan
09-16-2012, 09:13 PM
I'll take a TD a game from him and I think the longer he plays with Eli the more in sync he will get. You were likely the same guys that said Brown was worthless in the preseason and should be cut.

Who's "you guys"?

rainierjef
09-16-2012, 09:14 PM
lol, this whole thread is nuts smh
you said it sir.

GMENAGAIN
09-16-2012, 09:15 PM
sigh* smh...420 There you go again, adding your own little touch and twisting words. nothing solid in his assessment; just fan boy optimism. Consistency is the key to winning football games, football players are creatures of habit. I'm not even going to get into this with you, but keep making excuses for him dropping passes that easily could of been TD's or moving the chains.

Be careful . . . he'll tell on you if you're too mean to him . . . lol

Eliscruzzz
09-16-2012, 09:35 PM
I believe the coaches would not put Bennett out there if he did not know this offense. Him dropping all those passes was not his due to him not knowing the offense but rather, getting two hands on the ball, reaching out for the ball, focusing and locating the ball as it's coming to him. I have said time and time again, and this resonates with analyst and his prior coaches, lack of focus, lack of concentration, lack of consistency.
I am glad he caught that TD, but I would and i probably can speak for most on this, would be even more satisfied if he caught the first two. No one mentioned Cruz's 6 rec for 58 yds, they only focused in on his drops, so to mention he has 72 yds that's cool; can I get the two TD's that should of been attached to those yards?
Blocking was good cause we upgraded at both tackle spots by putting Beatty in and moving Locklear over, but Bennett is an exceptional blocker already, this is expected of him.
And as far as "oh yeah every wr has drop he's a TE not as goosd as hands so you can't really use that against as long is he still is making plays. smh....... " I think you need to provide more facts to your claims than opinion, TE's have very good hands as well, I can even name you a list of TE's over the years that have proved your claim wrong. Bennett has talked about him being behind Witten all his career, and getting the opportunity to be the primary target. in his three years at A&M he amassed 105 passes for 1,246 yards and 10 touchdowns, that doesn't look like stone hands to me. Smh....thanks for making my points and Im sure bennet doesnt know the whole play book plus he is playing with a new qb if he knew the offense and ballard wasn't hurt and still on the team do you think he would have this much respnsibility even though he's a better player in my opinion I made facts what have you made nothing as to why dalls was right make a point please cause I haven't seen one yet

Eliscruzzz
09-16-2012, 09:38 PM
Be careful . . . he'll tell on you if you're too mean to him . . . loldude grow up he's making a point yet another a**hole that doen't make any football points and just like to be condescending cause he thinks he can. your a piece of work man really.

BuffyBlueII
09-16-2012, 09:41 PM
I think Martellus Bennet is doing very well for us. I also think he will continue to be a big part of our offense.

Eliscruzzz
09-16-2012, 09:41 PM
And as far as "oh yeah every wr has drop he's a TE not as goosd as hands so you can't really use that against as long is he still is making plays. smh....... " I think you need to provide more facts to your claims than opinion, TE's have very good hands as well, I can even name you a list of TE's over the years that have proved your claim wrong. Bennett has talked about him being behind Witten all his career, and getting the opportunity to be the primary target. in his three years at A&M he amassed 105 passes for 1,246 yards and 10 touchdowns, that doesn't look like stone hands to me. Smh....And your wrong he's out there not because of coaches although that has something to do with it he's out there cause we a thin at TE.

Eliscruzzz
09-16-2012, 09:43 PM
^Thiswhat do you me this? he said nothing bad about Bennet you have said the drop passes are killer and other things so I don't know what this means

Eliscruzzz
09-16-2012, 09:48 PM
Jeremy Shockey

Bennett
6'7

Bennett coming out was a better blocker than Shockey, but as far as athleticism Shockey had him beat hands down. If you notcie how Bennett runs his routes and makes his cuts, he rounds them off. Shockey was alot more crisp in and out of his cuts during his routes. Earlier in his career Shockey had a bigger catch radius and catch percentage. Now don't take this as me bashing Bennett, i hope he proves me wrong, i just need to see consistency throughout each game first. In my honest opinion i think Shockey was more of an athletic freak than BennettShockey had his chance to do all those things bennett was stuck behind romos but buddy can't really make those comparison especially when Dallas specifcaly wanted him to just block

Eliscruzzz
09-16-2012, 09:54 PM
sigh* smh...420 There you go again, adding your own little touch and twisting words. nothing solid in his assessment; just fan boy optimism. Consistency is the key to winning football games, football players are creatures of habit. I'm not even going to get into this with you, but keep making excuses for him dropping passes that easily could of been TD's or moving the chains. IF 72 yards isn't good maybe you should tell rob grinkoswi that he had 60 and td so yes he can have a pro bowl season at least give a reason why he can't..... wait you have no opinions of your own so you can't

Eliscruzzz
09-16-2012, 09:56 PM
sigh* smh...420 There you go again, adding your own little touch and twisting words. nothing solid in his assessment; just fan boy optimism. Consistency is the key to winning football games, football players are creatures of habit. I'm not even going to get into this with you, but keep making excuses for him dropping passes that easily could of been TD's or moving the chains.dude it's a dropped pass everyone has one but you pick on bennet cause a dallas fan has told you nothing but negative things about him so he must be right/////smh

RoanokeFan
09-16-2012, 09:57 PM
Let's play nice boys and girls. Debate your points not your personalities

rainierjef
09-16-2012, 09:57 PM
thanks for making my points and Im sure bennet doesnt know the whole play book plus he is playing with a new qb if he knew the offense and ballard wasn't hurt and still on the team do you think he would have this much respnsibility even though he's a better player in my opinion I made facts what have you made nothing as to why dalls was right make a point please cause I haven't seen one yet
wow.... how did i make your points? you said he didn't know the full playbook, i told you the coaches wouldn't put him out there, if he didn't.
he had training camp to get in sync with Eli, so that excuse is moot.
and you have made no facts in anything you just said. i really don't think i should have to explain to you want a fact over opinion is... do I?

giantsfan420
09-16-2012, 09:58 PM
he does have an opinion of his own. there was a thread made showing a 40 min link to a bennett workout. rainier thought it was a real time, 40 min work out. without watching it, rainier claimed bennett needed to "become a completely new player with a new, good work ethic bc he was a lazy bust in dallas."

well technically you are right bc rainier based his opinion from the start solely on ntegrase assessment of him admittedly.

i have no issue with some one who wasnt sold on bennett preseason...dude has 2 td catches in 2 weeks with like 10 catches for 193 while also blocking excellently. if rainier is saying bennett needs to do more, he is basically saying bennett needs to be the best te in the nfl. which is odd bc he questioned the signing so heavily.

rainierjef
09-16-2012, 10:00 PM
Let's play nice boys and girls. Debate your points not your personalities

RF it is hard for some posters to debate points, when either they have none or are holding personal grudges cause they felt either embarrassed or belittled in other posts. personally to me if you feel embarrassed, belittled or like someone is condescending to you on a message board... A message board; it shows a signs of mental weakness, and people will attack that quickly.

jomo
09-16-2012, 10:05 PM
We did get him cheap, filled a big hole and are getting good enough for what we paid him. IMO

RoanokeFan
RF it is hard for some posters to debate points, when either they have none or are holding personal grudges cause they felt either embarrassed or belittled in other posts. personally to me if you feel embarrassed, belittled or like someone is condescending to you on a message board... A message board; it shows a signs of mental weakness, and people will attack that quickly.

And that's when you just say "oh well", and add them to the ignore list. We still have people doubting Eli so having differences of opinions about Bennett is not surprising. At some point, threads take on a life of their own with absolutely no resemblance to the OP.

Eliscruzzz
Let's play nice boys and girls. Debate your points not your personalitiesI will =) lol

rainierjef
09-16-2012, 10:07 PM
dude it's a dropped pass rvryone has one but you pick on bennet cause a dallas fan has told you nothing but negative things about him so he must be right/////smh

don't stray away from your initial argument, stay on course.
No one gave Cruz a break when he dropped his passes, do you need to cycle through the treads from last week? I find it amusing you and your BFF, are making excuses for the dropped passes; and its not just what I heard from knowledgeable Dallas fans who were subject knowledge on their players, because... they have watched them for each game since drafted, its the analyst, prior coaches, Hard Knocks, going back and looking at some games. When you learn to not just focus in on one thing in a debate as as sticking point, then me and you will be able to debate reasonably, but if you feel the need to selectively remember stuff, to strengthen your claims, then there is mot much i can talk to you about.

RoanokeFan
We did get him cheap, filled a big hole and are getting good enough for what we paid him. IMO

I think Bennett will be a significant cog in the offense as the season progresses. He doesn't have to be great, just improve on what's he's already done.

rainierjef
And that's when you just say "oh well", and add them to the ignore list. We still have people doubting Eli so having differences of opinions about Bennett is not surprising. At some point, threads take on a life of their own with absolutely no resemblance to the OP.

fair

Eliscruzzz
09-16-2012, 10:09 PM
RF it is hard for some posters to debate points, when either they have none or are holding personal grudges cause they felt either embarrassed or belittled in other posts. personally to me if you feel embarrassed, belittled or like someone is condescending to you on a message board... A message board; it shows a signs of mental weakness, and people will attack that quickly.I have yet to see you make a point as to why dallas was right that this guy sucks you've been making points about 2 games where he had 112 yrds and 2 tds

rainierjef
09-16-2012, 10:17 PM
Sigh* 420 when will you stop, assuming. I watched the video, I knew it was taped. you gushed over it, i didn't. the only thing good about that video was the Physical therapy portion and learning the different techniques/ degrees of flexion and extension to loose the joints / tendons. ( i am currently attending physical therapy course so it was good to see the same things applied from the video.)
I never called him a bust, and i would like you to find the post where you think i said that.
I said he was lazy, but that wasn't me that said it, i Repeated what Analyst and knowledgeable fans of Bennett have been saying even before he became a new york giant.
And my assessment was not based solely on Ntegrasse, but once again twisting words is your MO. ^ read above to see who i quoted.
Lol if you read you would see the word I've used is consistent, that has been the knock on him his consistency. i need him to be more consistent. but once again all you read is "MORE."
smh... 420 you're a riot.

Eliscruzzz
09-16-2012, 10:22 PM
don't stray away from your initial argument, stay on course.
No one gave Cruz a break when he dropped his passes, do you need to cycle through the treads from last week? I find it amusing you and your BFF, are making excuses for the dropped passes; and its not just what I heard from knowledgeable Dallas fans who were subject knowledge on their players, because... they have watched them for each game since drafted, its the analyst, prior coaches, Hard Knocks, going back and looking at some games. When you learn to not just focus in on one thing in a debate as as sticking point, then me and you will be able to debate reasonably, but if you feel the need to selectively remember stuff, to strengthen your claims, then there is mot much i can talk to you about.1. I told you why Cruz got rippped he had 1500 yards last season you wouid expect him to come out and tear dallas up including you.
2. you put so much stock in a entertainment show in hard knocks and think the guy won't change? TC will change and already has.
3. I state my clam everytime I posted you haven't you take other people points and say this^ instead of making your own.
4. He was stuck behind Witten and was asked to block so what did he became the best blocker you need to come with better facts to your arguement cause everyone on this mb isn't to worried about you critical drop pass come on man we won he'll get better you need to be patinent.

rainierjef
09-16-2012, 10:23 PM
I have yet to see you make a point as to why dallas was right that this guy sucks
Ahhh... that's because we were not debating this?
I brought up these points in simple terms so my words are not twisted.

1. Those drop passes could of changed the atmosphere of the game earlier on.
2. He needs to be more CONSISTENT in receiving. he had a drop last week and a couple in preseason.
3. Shockey was more athletically freakish based on combine numbers and stats, since you like to pull up stats.

Look bro, i think your arguing, for the sake of arguing cause you probably don't like me, don't care i got work in the morning; but if your going to debate then do so personally attacks like "*******" shows that you have nothing substantial to continue with in a debate, so its not that i won or anything, but you are conceding by acting immature.

Eliscruzzz
09-16-2012, 10:29 PM
Sigh* 420 when will you stop, assuming. I watched the video, I knew it was taped. you gushed over it, i didn't. the only thing good about that video was the Physical therapy portion and learning the different techniques/ degrees of flexion and extension to loose the joints / tendons. ( i am currently attending physical therapy course so it was good to see the same things applied from the video.)
I never called him a bust, and i would like you to find the post where you think i said that.
I said he was lazy, but that wasn't me that said it, i Repeated what Analyst and knowledgeable fans of Bennett have been saying even before he became a new york giant.
And my assessment was not based solely on Ntegrasse, but once again twisting words is your MO. ^ read above to see who i quoted.
Lol if you read you would see the word I've used is consistent, that has been the knock on him his consistency. i need him to be more consistent. but once again all you read is "MORE."
smh... 420 you're a riot.It's the 2nd game more consistent????? just wait bro it's two freaking games....two freaking games in which he did very well I think he has been consistent no everyone can catch balls coming there way and Eli didn't exactly put it on the #s

FBomb
09-16-2012, 10:34 PM
This thread needs to die now. The argument is ridiculous. Bennett has in no way proven himself one way or the other...YET... What say we give him a few more games before labling him. geez....some people are only happy when they have something to ***** about. You know who you are.

rainierjef
09-16-2012, 10:35 PM
1. I told you why Cruz got rippped he had 1500 yards last season you wouid expect him to come out and tear dallas up including you.
2. you put so much stock in a entertainment show in hard knocks and think the guy won't change? TC will change and already has.
3. I state my clam everytime I posted you haven't you take other people points and say this^ instead of making your own.
4. He was stuck behind Witten and was asked to block so what did he became the best blocker you need to come with better facts to your arguement cause everyone on this mb isn't to worried about you critical drop pass come on man we won he'll get better you need to be patinent.

1. i agree with this, but most people did not care. if you want go look at his facebook page, revisit some threads on here. if it is inexcusable from him, why is it for bennett? stop making excuses.
2. Yes i do, cause it showed me a player that was, lazy, unfocused, undisciplined, and when i went back and looked at the tape, I saw inconsistency, then when i spoke to the fans they confirmed what i already saw with my own eyes. When a player is traded to another team or goes to another team, fans first reaction is to get information on that player. so say Osi goes to a different team and a fan joins the message board and asks someone knowledgeable like a RF, Redeye, enigma or YA for example. and hey give an honest assessment, lets say one of the assessments is he is a malcontent, what does that fan do next? probably trying to find any information on why that player is labeled that and trust they will find it.
3. once again i cannot debate with you if you first don't know how a debate works. i have no problem starting over with you. when i quote you that is my rebuttal to you, everything else has nothing to do with you, its me responding to other posters, or agreeing with their assessments.
4. He was brought in to be a receiving threat in a Dual TE system, his advantage is that he was a good blocker coming out of college. he got opportunities I.E. his rookie season then he fell off. lack of consistency. he was relegated to primarily blocking, cause the Dallas O-Line was in shambles, romo was running for his life and trying to extend plays with his feet.

*you have no facts and i am sure you are going to respond with none.

rainierjef
09-16-2012, 10:36 PM
This thread needs to die now. The argument is ridiculous. Bennett has in no way proven himself one way or the other...YET... What say we give him a few more games before labling him. geez....some people are only happy when they have something to ***** about. You know who you are.

This i can agree with. as i said i need him to be more consistent. other are willing to start pro bowl voting.

derekunion28
09-16-2012, 10:36 PM
Jeremy Shockey

Bennett
6'7

Bennett coming out was a better blocker than Shockey, but as far as athleticism Shockey had him beat hands down. If you notcie how Bennett runs his routes and makes his cuts, he rounds them off. Shockey was alot more crisp in and out of his cuts during his routes. Earlier in his career Shockey had a bigger catch radius and catch percentage. Now don't take this as me bashing Bennett, i hope he proves me wrong, i just need to see consistency throughout each game first. In my honest opinion i think Shockey was more of an athletic freak than Bennetttrhought i was the only one that noticed this hiw ROUNDED ROUTES.....guess not

rainierjef
09-16-2012, 10:37 PM
It's the 2nd game more consistent????? just wait bro it's two freaking games....two freaking games in which he did very well I think he has been consistent no everyone can catch balls coming there way and Eli didn't exactly put it on the #s
are you saying its Eli's fault now?

rainierjef
09-16-2012, 10:42 PM
I'm done.

Eliscruzzz
09-16-2012, 10:43 PM
1. Those drop passes could of changed the atmosphere of the game earlier on.
2. He needs to be more CONSISTENT in receiving. he had a drop last week and a couple in preseason.
3. Shockey was more athletically freakish based on combine numbers and stats, since you like to pull up stats.

Look bro, i think your arguing, for the sake of arguing cause you probably don't like me, don't care i got work in the morning; but if your going to debate then do so personally attacks like "*******" shows that you have nothing substantial to continue with in a debate, so its not that i won or anything, but you are conceding by acting immature.[/QUOTE]not acting immature just saying your wrong with him not being consisitent since he got here and like I said Shockey wasn't stuck behind Wittern and played a full career all I'm saying is they guy is doing great and will get better even tough I think you don't want him to just to prove you are right. but hey it's your opinion do I hope you eat crow when this guy has a beast of a season and I will eat crow if the guy is just average or a bust.

Eliscruzzz
09-16-2012, 10:49 PM
are you saying its Eli's fault now?no if someone has to reach out with one hand it is on the qb I'm not blaming Eli for sh** he had 510 so mice try putiing words in my mouth lol calm done and go do your war stuff and being in gas chambers trying to difuse bombs liked you sent me a private message for someone who protects the country you sure are on these mb a lot. I f you done good bye but I doubt you are so I will let you have the last worrd

NYG4lifeNYK
09-16-2012, 10:50 PM
OK, let me clear up because there's a lot of people bashing Bennett which was never my intent.

He has a TON of talent, size, SPEED for his size, creates a lot of mismatches, finds a way to get open alot...

Just needs to work on his receiving and consistency.

He will be VERY good for us this season, I have little doubt.

The topic title(I changed it) was what Cowboys fans were talking about. he dropped 2 TD's today and tried to one arm a TD catch. You don't do that and he'll be told about that.

Please give this kid a chance because him and Eli are going to connect a lot this season.

MikeyMike01
09-16-2012, 10:52 PM
Just something I want to point out, on the play where he tried to catch it with one hand his other arm was interfered with.

Eliscruzzz
09-16-2012, 10:54 PM
let me guess me =) Fbomb

Eliscruzzz
09-16-2012, 10:57 PM
OK, let me clear up because there's a lot of people bashing Bennett which was never my intent.

He has a TON of talent, size, SPEED for his size, creates a lot of mismatches, finds a way to get open alot...

Just needs to work on his receiving and consistency.

He will be VERY good for us this season, I have little doubt.

The topic title(I changed it) was what Cowboys fans were talking about. he dropped 2 TD's today and tried to one arm a TD catch. You don't do that and he'll be told about that.

Please give this kid a chance because him and Eli are going to connect a lot this season.That's what I've been saying all along but some looks at a drop pass and thinks we're doomed

NYG4lifeNYK
09-17-2012, 12:11 AM
Just something I want to point out, on the play where he tried to catch it with one hand his other arm was interfered with.

I don't believe it was.

giantsfan420
09-17-2012, 12:12 AM
it was good defense on both "drops"...is it considered a drop by the team if he can only get one hand on it?