53canton
09-16-2012, 05:24 PM
Cut him tommorrow!!!

Easy E.
09-16-2012, 05:27 PM
I am usually calm with stuff like this but yikes. Horrible. Just horrible

tonyt830
09-16-2012, 05:30 PM
agreed! He is not meant to be a #1 or #2 CB in this league---nickel/dime and ST, ok. But nothing more. Thank goodness Rolle was there for that hit to help to jar the ball loose.

jax5338
09-16-2012, 05:32 PM
omg he's a nightmare. please only let him play ST from here on out

sharick88
09-16-2012, 05:32 PM
Cut him tommorrow!!!
+1

GiantWarfare
09-16-2012, 05:37 PM
worst "corner" I've ever seen.

FlyingTruck
09-16-2012, 05:40 PM
Yes. Let's cut our CBs when we barely have any on the roster as it is.

sharick88
09-16-2012, 05:42 PM

Having no one out there is better than having Tryon out there. The guy should be bagging groceries let alone playing CB in the NFL

ALLnygIN
09-16-2012, 05:42 PM

False, take him out.. Move hosley outside, let coe or rolle deal with the nickel and have will hill back at saftey. Not ideal but beats tryon out there covering a #2. Just until prince gets back .

EnragedYouth85
09-16-2012, 05:43 PM
I'll play CB, can't get much worse.. lol

giantsfan420
i blame PF for tryon. he has NO BUSINESS BEING MATCHED UP 1 on 1 UP A TD LATE

ALLnygIN
but i agree cutting him wouldn't be ideal, that doesn't mean he has to play though.

BMW
09-16-2012, 05:44 PM
Giants will have open tryouts for CB soon lol.

lcra0825
09-16-2012, 05:44 PM
I was going to say the same thing. Tyron needs to go. By the way where was Coe

TheBookOfEli
09-16-2012, 05:47 PM
I'd rather have Sehorn come out of retirement to play CB than have Tryon for 1 more series out there.

nYg24
09-16-2012, 05:49 PM
What happend to Coe? When i saw him and Hill in the slot i was freaking out.

GiantFanatic55
Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
Giants had to switch secondary lineup at end of game. Hosley had some issues with his eyes.

Easy E.
Hosely was out because he "had stuff in his eyes"

Ohm Youngmisuk‏@NotoriousOHM Coughlin said Hosley had to come out of game late with "stuff in his eyes"

giant-4-life
tryon, isn't he the one who was beat for all TD's? They had our right CB tagged.

elitocruz
09-16-2012, 06:05 PM
...EVER... EVER BE ON THE FIELD AGAIN. I DON'T CARE IF MIKE POPE HAS TO SUIT UP. THIS KID IS NIETHER READY NOR GOOD ENOUGH. SCOUR THE WAIVER WIRE FOR BUS MECHANICS WHO PLAYED IN HIGH SCHOOL. THEY'D BE BETTER. THAT SAID, ELI SAVED ME FROM MYSELF TODAY. AGAIN... AND THE NICK/CRUZ COMBO IS JUST TREMENDOUS. HUGE WIN, DID NOT WANT TO THINK OF WHAT OUR RECORD COULD'VE BEEN IF WE HAD LOST TODAY.

RoanokeFan
09-16-2012, 06:09 PM
...EVER... EVER BE ON THE FIELD AGAIN. I DON'T CARE IF MIKE POPE HAS TO SUIT UP. THIS KID IS NIETHER READY NOR GOOD ENOUGH. SCOUR THE WAIVER WIRE FOR BUS MECHANICS WHO PLAYED IN HIGH SCHOOL. THEY'D BE BETTER. THAT SAID, ELI SAVED ME FROM MYSELF TODAY. AGAIN... AND THE NICK/CRUZ COMBO IS JUST TREMENDOUS. HUGE WIN, DID NOT WANT TO THINK OF WHAT OUR RECORD COULD'VE BEEN IF WE HAD LOST TODAY.

You do realize he's the last cornerback in the rotation right?

miked1958
09-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Hopefully prince is ready on Thursday. Can't be worse then him

mike kennedy
09-16-2012, 07:30 PM
He is on the small side but right now we have no choice as to play him. That last TD, he was right there on the play but a little undersized when he is stretched at 5'9" and Mike Williams is at 6"1". He didn't get much help on those big plays.....P.F. should of given him some help, especially after watching him self destruct last week.

YATittle1962
09-16-2012, 07:40 PM

for the record his coverage on their last TD was tight

if the ball didn't bounce off his helmet into Williams hands that was incomplete

Giants5699
09-16-2012, 07:53 PM
He's a 5th stringer for a reason..

wgsgiants
09-16-2012, 07:59 PM
In defense of Tryon he is on the team because he is an awesome special teams player. He is one of the best gunners in the NFC. He is usually on of the first players down on each kickoff or punt. However he is not good in coverage. But the scheme on that last pass was double coverage with Antrel Rolle over the top. Tryon still got beat.

NorwoodBlue
09-16-2012, 08:39 PM
My fault isn't with Tyron, he was in postion on that TD, and it was not a clean catch. Williams got an incredible bounce off the helmet. My question is why he was left out there one on one with a guy like Williams? If you're going to blitz and leave somebody in man coveage, why would it be Tyron you left out there? Pull him inside and let him blitz, and put a first teamer out there to go one on one.

miked1958
09-16-2012, 08:45 PM
Giants will have open tryouts for CB soon lol.I wouldn't laugh. Maybe we can get someone off the couch or bagging groceries to step in and become a star

miked1958
09-16-2012, 08:48 PM
You'd think freeman would of torched our secondary today. Or at least it seemed that way. Actually Josh's numbers were not all that impressive. 15/28 for 243 with 2tds and 2 picks... Hmm

Joe Morrison
09-16-2012, 08:50 PM
My fault isn't with Tyron, he was in postion on that TD, and it was not a clean catch. Williams got an incredible bounce off the helmet. My question is why he was left out there one on one with a guy like Williams? If you're going to blitz and leave somebody in man coveage, why would it be Tyron you left out there? Pull him inside and let him blitz, and put a first teamer out there to go one on one.
Real question, why is he out on a island with no pressure, he did a good job, if it doesn't hit off his helmet it goes incomplete, I am more concerned with Webster, got a pick but overall he stunk up the place.

FUUFNF
09-16-2012, 09:01 PM
The only reason it hit Tryon's helmet to begin with is because Williams let it go right through his arms... Tryon got burned so many times he should be in the ER... Now, I understand that he's basically our last DB on the roster, but damn... Prince better sack up and get on the field soon.

mike kennedy
09-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Get our pass rush back into the game and it will make things a lot easier for our secondary.

moosedrool
09-16-2012, 09:10 PM
Tryon just can't make plays. He had many opportunities too and failed. Hosley is looking good, so with Hosley, Coe, Prince, and CWeb we'll be fine at CB.

53canton
09-16-2012, 09:23 PM
Its just a shame that were in this position again at CB. Reese put too much trust in TT's knee being good to play. And Prince being a starter on the outside. We have no CB depth. And WTF has Webster been doing? He's getting burned deep alot lately.

I Hate T.O.
09-16-2012, 09:42 PM
Prince is as tough as the singer Prince...and that said...even healthy I dont think he is going to be that good...we need to either make a trade or scan the waiver wire..

Kase-1
09-16-2012, 09:52 PM
Prince is as tough as the singer Prince...and that said...even healthy I dont think he is going to be that good...we need to either make a trade or scan the waiver wire..Why you hating on Prince, 'Purple Rain' was a badass movie and soundtrack

moosedrool
09-17-2012, 12:59 AM
Prince is as tough as the singer Prince...and that said...even healthy I dont think he is going to be that good...we need to either make a trade or scan the waiver wire..

I don't think you're going to find anyone better than Coe, Hosley, or Prince on the waiver wire. When Prince is healthy and Hosley doesn't get stuff in his eye we won't have to worry about Tryon on the field anymore.

KillaRich
09-17-2012, 01:04 AM
i think tryon's issues are awareness... dude doesnt know where the ball is at and when to look back...he was there on those plays just looked back to late or was completely lost

TrueBlue@NYC
09-17-2012, 01:16 AM
Real question, why is he out on a island with no pressure, he did a good job, if it doesn't hit off his helmet it goes incomplete, I am more concerned with Webster, got a pick but overall he stunk up the place.

Yup, now I agree that Tryon was aweful, but what no one is bringing up is that Freeman had about 6 seconds to get rid of the ball. I'm very concerned with how little pressure our supposed Dline is generating. At the end of the game when the opponent has to throw it deep, that's when guys like Osi, JPP, Tuck and Kiwi should be taking over the game. A few times it just looked like they gave up once they didn't get that initial breakthrough.

Eli TO Shockey
09-17-2012, 01:28 AM
for the record his coverage on their last TD was tight

if the ball didn't bounce off his helmet into Williams hands that was incomplete

It wasnt the worst coverage. I blame the play call more than I do tryon. We had no business leaving him out there by himself without any safety help, especially with the way he'd been playing.

Eli TO Shockey
09-17-2012, 01:30 AM
I don't think you're going to find anyone better than Coe, Hosley, or Prince on the waiver wire. When Prince is healthy and Hosley doesn't get stuff in his eye we won't have to worry about Tryon on the field anymore.

Im assuming Prince will be active thursday....only to be picked apart by Cam Newton and Ron Rivera. Our secondary is atrocious right now.

wideright91
09-17-2012, 02:19 AM

Seriously. Second coming of CC Brown.

GiantGremlin
09-17-2012, 02:22 AM
Yup, now I agree that Tryon was aweful, but what no one is bringing up is that Freeman had about 6 seconds to get rid of the ball. I'm very concerned with how little pressure our supposed Dline is generating. At the end of the game when the opponent has to throw it deep, that's when guys like Osi, JPP, Tuck and Kiwi should be taking over the game. A few times it just looked like they gave up once they didn't get that initial breakthrough.

Totally agree - Freeman had all sorts of time to throw the ball throughout the game...JPP was good, but where's the pressure up front overall?

bbdynasty
09-17-2012, 02:38 AM
the pressure isn't there b/c we're only sending 4 rushers, every down. there's no element of surprise there. i think prince will pick up tryon's slack, and then some

BigJ
09-17-2012, 12:43 PM
U know what's funny?? When me and a few other guys were talkin about how we are in real trouble with Coe and Tyron. A bunch of u guys were telling us to calm down, and we are over reacting.... But now our Secondary is terrible. U all see how bad Tyron and Coe are. They are terrible nobody should try to talk them up so wake up. Our best Corner CWebb looks So Bad!! The guy caling him a top 3 Corner a couple months back is a fool. He's not even a top 10 and it shows with out the pass rush. And our susposed to be top 10 pick, steal of the draft, is flat out soft. Someone needs to step up and like I said before Coe and Tyron arnt the answer, so were in trouble

ShakeandBake
09-17-2012, 12:46 PM
U know what's funny?? When me and a few other guys were talkin about how we are in real trouble with Coe and Tyron. A bunch of u guys were telling us to calm down, and we are over reacting.... But now our Secondary is terrible. U all see how bad Tyron and Coe are. They are terrible nobody should try to talk them up so wake up. Our best Corner CWebb looks So Bad!! The guy caling him a top 3 Corner a couple months back is a fool. He's not even a top 10 and it shows with out the pass rush. And our susposed to be top 10 pick, steal of the draft, is flat out soft. Someone needs to step up and like I said before Coe and Tyron arnt the answer, so were in trouble

Wow really? You predicted that our 4th and 5th corners wouldn't be good enough? No Way!!!

TheAnalyst
09-17-2012, 12:46 PM
Not sure if it was mentioned on here cause I didnt go through the whole thread, but Tryon was in perfect coverage on that deep TD to Williams. He played it perfectly. Unfortunately, his helmet stopped the ball from falling to the ground and bouncing it right back to Williams for the TD. Great coverage by him though.

But I do agree, he has been pretty weak on D the first 2 games.

TrueBlue@NYC
09-17-2012, 12:50 PM
the pressure isn't there b/c we're only sending 4 rushers, every down. there's no element of surprise there. i think prince will pick up tryon's slack, and then some

The whole idea behind having 3 pro-bowl pass rushers on your DL is so you don't have to send extra defenders to get to the QB, leaving your banged up secondary with no help. The problem is that these guys are not winning their 1 on 1 battles. When the offense keeps in 6 to block the DL, those two guys 1 on 1 are supposed to win. There's no amount of scheming in the world that can overcome your best players not winning their battles.

sharick88
09-17-2012, 01:24 PM
Tryon makes you miss Wil Blackmon

shane4177
09-17-2012, 01:27 PM
Cut Tryon and bring back Molden. There is no way Molden could be worse than what I saw.......he played on the Pats team that went to the Super Bowl this year......that has to say something right?

GameTime
09-17-2012, 01:34 PM
maybe you didnt notice that he was in great postion and the ball bounces off his face mask back in the WRs hands....fluke play.

shane4177
09-17-2012, 01:39 PM
Okay fine...but why have Tryon, 5'9 190lbs matched up against Jackson, 6'5 235-240 on the one play? Thats a huge mismatch!!!!!!

GameTime
09-17-2012, 01:50 PM
Okay fine...but why have Tryon, 5'9 190lbs matched up against Jackson, 6'5 235-240 on the one play? Thats a huge mismatch!!!!!!
His height or his weight wasn't a factor. It was a flukey play. 99 times out of 100 thats an incomplete....

G.I. Ants
09-17-2012, 02:15 PM
For all jumping down on Tryon, you obviously don't realize that this team has a good situation going on. Tryon played much better than you realize. He was man to man, step for step with Williams on that play. Talib was mugging Nicks throughout the second half and he still couldn't keep up with him. Talib is TB #1 starting cb for his team while Tryon is our #5 cb. Cut him, how many dynamic corners do you think are in the league that is available. Tryon played very well in that game, Williams just made a great play, it happens to the best of them.

TKO_I62
09-17-2012, 02:20 PM
Unfortunately he's not the only member of the Giants secondary to look bad so far this year, clearly injuries are taking their toll early this season. As dissatisfied as I am with the play of our corners, it is a team game, and they're not getting ANY help from our defensive front -- has anyone seen any, I mean ANY pressure on opposing QBs the last 2 weeks? Being a team game we can all be thankful for a stellar 2nd half offense to pull the game out yesterday! Go Big Blue!

G.I. Ants
09-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Unfortunately he's not the only member of the Giants secondary to look bad so far this year, clearly injuries are taking their toll early this season. As dissatisfied as I am with the play of our corners, it is a team game, and they're not getting ANY help from our defensive front -- has anyone seen any, I mean ANY pressure on opposing QBs the last 2 weeks? Being a team game we can all be thankful for a stellar 2nd half offense to pull the game out yesterday! Go Big Blue!yes indeed, no pass rush is killing the team. When they did get pressure, Freeman made mistakes.

moosedrool
09-17-2012, 03:10 PM
His height or his weight wasn't a factor. It was a flukey play. 99 times out of 100 thats an incomplete....

Tryon was in position to make the play but didn't. He has had other oppotunities to make plays and hasn't. He clearly is not a playmaker.

ryan12
09-17-2012, 03:12 PM
omg he's a nightmare. please only let him play ST from here on out

i dont want on special teams either

wuzpapn
09-17-2012, 03:14 PM
T2 we miss you so damn much :'(

GameTime
09-17-2012, 03:15 PM
Tryon was in position to make the play but didn't. He has had other oppotunities to make plays and hasn't. He clearly is not a playmaker.
He had his hands up in the WR face and ball goes through the WR hands hits Tryons mask and bounces back to the WR. How is that not making the play?? Its was a flukley play. As bad as Tryon may have been in other plays he was there and made the play on this one....

nycisgreat
09-17-2012, 03:26 PM
Cut him tommorrow!!!

The guy is talented, but he has been put in a tough spot. I felt for the kid. He is fast, and he was their to break up the TD pass off his helmet was a fluke. I just would like to see the guy put his hands up towards the ball when the WRs are trying to catch the ball. That is all I want from this guy. It isn't like he is getting burned. He just isn't jumping for or trying bat the ball down.

nycisgreat
09-17-2012, 03:29 PM
For all jumping down on Tryon, you obviously don't realize that this team has a good situation going on. Tryon played much better than you realize. He was man to man, step for step with Williams on that play. Talib was mugging Nicks throughout the second half and he still couldn't keep up with him. Talib is TB #1 starting cb for his team while Tryon is our #5 cb. Cut him, how many dynamic corners do you think are in the league that is available. Tryon played very well in that game, Williams just made a great play, it happens to the best of them.

I do agree. I though he was lock step with the WRs when he was on the field. If he puts his hands up more often, he could be a force to reckon with. I have seen CW lock step with anyone thus far. He has been getting burn badly.

TheAnalyst
09-17-2012, 03:43 PM
whats funny is the defense runs on the pass rush, which there was none, so the coverages got exposed. It all starts up front with pressure at the QB. We need that pressure and to get sacks.

giant-4-life
09-17-2012, 04:12 PM
We have issues to contend with in our secondary. We need brutal attacks on the front 4

burier
09-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Tryon is awful?

Its funny because everyone seemed fine with lumping him in with our inflated injury numbers last year to excuse poor play. Turns out if he was health not only would he have not gotten any playing time but had he gotten on the field he would have also stunk the joint up.

moosedrool
09-17-2012, 04:54 PM
He had his hands up in the WR face and ball goes through the WR hands hits Tryons mask and bounces back to the WR. How is that not making the play?? Its was a flukley play. As bad as Tryon may have been in other plays he was there and made the play on this one....

Fluke or not, he did not make the play. Obviously just getting your hands up is NOT ENOUGH. And this is not an isolated incident.

Eli2Shockey4aTD
09-17-2012, 04:55 PM
He has the physical skills, but the mental skills are lacking.

GMan-67
09-17-2012, 04:57 PM
well to put it in perspective he was cut by the Colts last season, yes the Colts

but if you havent noticed we lost Ross in FA, we lost TT to the knife and we lost Prince for a few weeks with a high ankle sprain, so once we add another 2 or 3 CBs, maybe you can get your way

oh and according to other threads if we had Spags then Tryon would be the next Revis

TheAnalyst
09-17-2012, 05:00 PM
He looked better then Coe on Vincent Jackson.

gumby74
09-17-2012, 05:11 PM
It's hard for me to get mad at the guy. I mean, he was meant to be our 4th+ corner after all.

slipknottin
09-17-2012, 05:13 PM
Tyron is the best ST gunner on the roster. And for him not being able to make a play on defense, he is always in proper position. Just needs to finish the play.
Could be much worse, honestly.

But getting Amukamara back would be huge.

GMENAGAIN
09-17-2012, 05:13 PM
He has the physical skills, but the mental skills are lacking.
How on earth could you possibly know that?

Is his lack of mental skill the reason why he didn't come down with the ball in his jump-ball with Williams?

DVision
09-17-2012, 06:06 PM
I like that we're not seeing the usual mental errors in the secondary. They are in the right position, they just need to learn to play the ball better.

By the way that Vincent Jackson TD was a blatant push off on Coe who was right in his hip pocket!

miked1958
09-17-2012, 06:28 PM
He's a 5th stringer for a reason..Can't cut him unless you have someone to replace him with

GameTime
09-17-2012, 06:31 PM
Fluke or not, he did not make the play. Obviously just getting your hands up is NOT ENOUGH. And this is not an isolated incident.
the ball hitting his fask mask made the play. It has everything to do with that one play.......
The ball doesnt hit his face mask its an incomplete this thread is never even started.......

moosedrool
09-17-2012, 06:55 PM
the ball hitting his fask mask made the play. It has everything to do with that one play.......
The ball doesnt hit his face mask its an incomplete this thread is never even started.......

Quality DB's don't let the ball hit a facemask..they knock it down or get the INT. And this was only one of many bad plays by Tryon.

GameTime
09-17-2012, 07:03 PM
Quality DB's don't let the ball hit a facemask..they knock it down or get the INT. And this was only one of many bad plays by Tryon.
oh and that happens everytime to a quality DB???. They always make conatact with the ball with their hands or pick it off???. Please dude...I am not here to argue with you. You can veiw the play however you choose. I veiw it as he was there got his hands up and the ONLY reason Wliiams caught the ball because of odd bounce of the ball......

You think he sucks for many other reasons thats fine. I am talking about one play, that IMO, is not on him.

BigJ
09-18-2012, 01:21 AM
Wow really? You predicted that our 4th and 5th corners wouldn't be good enough? No Way!!!
Well fist of all im not saying at all that i was predicting that they were gonna be bad. Just saying that when a bunch of us were saying that we were in trouble a bunch of other guys were telling us to calm down and were over reacting. We obviously werent over reacting thats all im saying is we were just obviously in trouble thats all... and whats up with the red u got ur period or somthin? why u getting all mad for no reason and taking it out of context

Captain Chaos
09-18-2012, 06:13 AM
There are some things that are self evident, this is one. Hopefully Prince can come back and we won't have to dip down that far....

RichGiants81
09-18-2012, 08:01 AM
You must be new, we used to have a guy named Dave Thomas

DaKraken
09-18-2012, 08:22 AM
You must be new, we used to have a guy named Dave Thomas

ummm...we used to have a guy named Elvis "Toast" Patterson too

BlueMetal 40
09-18-2012, 08:33 AM
I think the point is that he is our 5th corner in the preseason. That means no first team reps, or limited reps, at that. He needs time to get the feel for playing against other teams 1 or 2. Give him a break. It's not like we're watching James Butler 10 yards behind Moss watching him score..... repeatedly.

RoanokeFan
09-18-2012, 08:44 AM
The only reason it hit Tryon's helmet to begin with is because Williams let it go right through his arms... Tryon got burned so many times he should be in the ER... Now, I understand that he's basically our last DB on the roster, but damn... Prince better sack up and get on the field soon.

If the first 4 CB's were healthy, we'd not be having this converation.

ShakeandBake
09-19-2012, 01:03 AM
Well fist of all im not saying at all that i was predicting that they were gonna be bad. Just saying that when a bunch of us were saying that we were in trouble a bunch of other guys were telling us to calm down and were over reacting. We obviously werent over reacting thats all im saying is we were just obviously in trouble thats all... and whats up with the red u got ur period or somthin? why u getting all mad for no reason and taking it out of context

Red is for sarcasm, always has been on these boards. Saying that you don't expect our 4th and 5th string corners to do well isn't exactly going out on a limb.

sharick88
09-19-2012, 01:11 AM
He also got bailed out by Rolle on that other play. I guess we can keep him on ST, but to have him out there at CB for any reason whatsoever is nothing less than stupid.

dnotch121
09-19-2012, 07:54 AM
Lol. Poor Tryon. I'd hate to be a player that suck for your team. Y'all are hilariously harsh. Lol

dnotch121
09-19-2012, 07:57 AM
My opinion but I'd rather see hosely than prince. Prince gets beat and is too soft n fragile. Ijs.

mike kennedy
09-20-2012, 12:22 AM
So many whiners in this post. It's Not all about 1 guy. He's on the team and playing because of circumstances which put him there so the rest of the team needs to support him by doing their "assigned" duties and making him less of a target.