PDA

View Full Version : Giants won't win with soft Perry Fewell

Osi_baby
12-18-2011, 01:53 PM
if tim lewis... i mean bill sherridan... i mean perry fewell calls another 3-man rush on 3 & long, im guna drive my car off a cliff. all season long he keeps doing THE SAME THING over and over and all it has gotten us is one of the worst giant defenses in our teams history. the players we have are way to good to be wasting away with perry fewell calling such a soft defense. we need to blitz and be aggressive. not sit back in zone and give qb's (vince young) all day to throw. bring spagnuolo and that scary defensive system back. we still have a lot of the defense we won the superbowl with, if not better players now.

if you blitz and get to the qb in 3 seconds, how far can a WR honestly run in 3 seconds with a corner bumping him?

ddm693
12-18-2011, 01:58 PM
No worries. Spags will be out in St. Louis and back where he belongs next season. Fewell is too chicken **** to run this defense effectively.

Osi_baby
12-18-2011, 02:05 PM
its so sad though. how can tom coughlin sit there and watch tape of our defense week after week and continue to let perry fewell call these 3 man rush zones. at some point somebody has to say, "THIS IS NOT WORKING!" "IT'S KILLING US!". fewell is too scared to even TRY. i guess he feels better saying, "well
we had 8 db's covering when he scored", instead of saying they just
beat our blitz

when you do the same thing over and over and it doesnt work, try the opposite?

BurnerNYG
12-18-2011, 02:06 PM
It's the whole team today.

Osi_baby
12-18-2011, 02:10 PM
with all the nasty players we have on defense, how has perry fewell managed to set milestones for so many "worst in giants team history" categories?

M0rbid
12-18-2011, 02:12 PM
It's sad he has more talented players compare to Sheriden......

Osi_baby
12-18-2011, 02:24 PM
its doesnt matter who you have when all you do is rush 3 down linemen and drop everyone else back in zone coverage. any half twit NFL qb (like vince young) will eat a zone D alive. vince young hadnt played in over a year and instead of making him uneasy and feel rushed / out of rhythm, we gave him all the time in the world to settle back into a groove. all we had to do was blitz him and he woulda been running around like a chicken with his head cut off.

elifan10
12-18-2011, 02:33 PM
We need Spags. Fewell sucks sucks sucks

dutchnyg
02-16-2012, 04:59 PM
Well....SB46 says different

jparmer
02-16-2012, 05:18 PM
Really? There wasn't enough of the "bring back the old post to make a smartass comment about how they were wrong" posts, we had to drum up another one? Is there really nothing else to talk about besides bringing up the past? We just won a superbowl!

GmenFan1980
02-16-2012, 05:20 PM
*yawn* looks light our weekly old thread bump is right on schedule

MikeIsaGiant
02-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Really? There wasn't enough of the "bring back the old post to make a smartass comment about how they were wrong" posts, we had to drum up another one? Is there really nothing else to talk about besides bringing up the past? We just won a superbowl!

Yeah I know, I saw this thread and was like WTF?

pica01
02-16-2012, 05:51 PM
I'm stunned by this post.Don't get me wrong,there was a point this year we saw defensive play that was downright embarassing.But 3 man rushes on 3rd and long?You must've watched a different team.This defense lives by the 4 man Dline rush getting pressure.Not gimmicks.It wasn't until we could put 4 healthy DE rushers on the field at the same time that our D turned it around.We live or die by the 4 man rush.We died until the 4 men were some combination of JPP,Tuck,Osi,Tollifson and Kiwi.Judge Fewell by what happened when we got healthy.We're not a blitzing defense.A blitzing Defense has to be able to single cover,like the Jet's secondary.We are a front 4 pass rush dependent defense.Sure,we occasionally blitz but that isn't our identity.I didn't see 3 man rushes.I saw 4 man rushes without Osi or a healthy Tuck,with Boley,an natural outside LB blitzing threat playing MLB not getting pressure.And we got torched alot.When we got healthy,brought Blackburn back at mlb,Boley moved outside again and made plays again.Once healthy,Fewells defense shut out Atlanta and shut down GB,SF and NE.We're not an agressive blitzing defense.By design.Your original post shows a complete lack of understanding of the Giants defensive philosophy.Sorry to be so blunt but even at our worst this year it wasn't because we rushed 3.We didn't get front 4 pressure and couldn't cover and blew coverages to boot.Fewell did a great job once we got healthy.And Gilbride was a great O coordinater.Geez,coordinaters never get props,even after winning it all.

pica01
02-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Sorry,didn't realize the original post was from dec.I assume you no longer feel this way.Do you?

jomo
02-16-2012, 05:55 PM
Sorry,didn't realize the original post was from dec.I assume you no longer feel this way.Do you?On these boards, you never can be sure lol!

pino
02-16-2012, 05:58 PM
A lot of people were questioning Fewell, and our defense as a whole, after we went 7-7. Fewell and the defense redeemed himself. There is no need to bring up the old posts about this subject as if it was posted yesterday.

NWKEffectElement
02-16-2012, 05:59 PM

Not really. Plus this fair weathers have to be exposed.

FIFTY6G-MAN
02-16-2012, 08:31 PM
We gotta pull some of these older threads up since we won, there isnt anything left to ***** about so we all have to find a way to say..."I Told Ya So" its fine with me.

BK07071
02-16-2012, 08:37 PM
if tim lewis... i mean bill sherridan... i mean perry fewell calls another 3-man rush on 3 & long, im guna drive my car off a cliff. all season long he keeps doing THE SAME THING over and over and all it has gotten us is one of the worst giant defenses in our teams history. the players we have are way to good to be wasting away with perry fewell calling such a soft defense. we need to blitz and be aggressive. not sit back in zone and give qb's (vince young) all day to throw. bring spagnuolo and that scary defensive system back. we still have a lot of the defense we won the superbowl with, if not better players now.

if you blitz and get to the qb in 3 seconds, how far can a WR honestly run in 3 seconds with a corner bumping him?

We can't bring Spags back, he signed with the Saints!

Osi_baby
02-16-2012, 08:42 PM
I'm stunned by this post.Don't get me wrong,there was a point this year we saw defensive play that was downright embarassing.But 3 man rushes on 3rd and long?You must've watched a different team.This defense lives by the 4 man Dline rush getting pressure.Not gimmicks.It wasn't until we could put 4 healthy DE rushers on the field at the same time that our D turned it around.We live or die by the 4 man rush.We died until the 4 men were some combination of JPP,Tuck,Osi,Tollifson and Kiwi.Judge Fewell by what happened when we got healthy.We're not a blitzing defense.A blitzing Defense has to be able to single cover,like the Jet's secondary.We are a front 4 pass rush dependent defense.Sure,we occasionally blitz but that isn't our identity.I didn't see 3 man rushes.I saw 4 man rushes without Osi or a healthy Tuck,with Boley,an natural outside LB blitzing threat playing MLB not getting pressure.And we got torched alot.When we got healthy,brought Blackburn back at mlb,Boley moved outside again and made plays again.Once healthy,Fewells defense shut out Atlanta and shut down GB,SF and NE.We're not an agressive blitzing defense.By design.Your original post shows a complete lack of understanding of the Giants defensive philosophy.Sorry to be so blunt but even at our worst this year it wasn't because we rushed 3.We didn't get front 4 pressure and couldn't cover and blew coverages to boot.Fewell did a great job once we got healthy.And Gilbride was a great O coordinater.Geez,coordinaters never get props,even after winning it all.

i couldnt even get through half your post because any facts you used were clearly made up. thx for the attempt though

GreenZone
02-17-2012, 01:21 AM
You want to hope that your team's fan base is classier than most and in some degree matching the class of the organization.

Yet, here, you have these ignorant thread starters that extend some point about a perceived deficiency in the team into a "this coach has to go" theme. Personally, I think that exposing the fool hearted attempts at so-called fans to trash their own in some ego maniacal effort to one up the team is great as an object lesson.

Maybe a few of the fans will finally learn the lesson of 2007 and now 2011 seasons to stop the weekly insane per week conclusions drawn from each game and learn some patience.

Also, that:
<ul> It is actually OK to support your team. It is ignorant and insane to boo your own players at a game. There is a difference between a pom pom waving fan and one who can point out interesting observations about a game and the team/its players without needed to have to condemn someone. For all the name calling of Kevin Gilbride that has been tolerated on this board (including some done by moderators!), there is no room for it to exist on these boards. You who have done it have been proven wrong and to be underminers. And finally, what's so patently obvious is that all too many "fans" act like bullies and have some sick need to find some player to trash. They look for the weak link and go after it, even after victory. Many right now are waiting for that next moment to throw their doubt into the mix because that's how they live their lives (and gain their perceived illusion as a knowledgeable football fan). It's a good thing the players and coaches didn't buy into all the trash thrown their way. But for those of you who do it, you don't think you are affecting people's lives in a negative way, like those players families and relatives? Maybe you're too drunk to care?
[/list]

jparmer
02-17-2012, 06:04 AM
It's called passion for your team. Each and every person on this board at one time or another in their years as a Giants fan had ripped someone on this team. Whether publicly on the boards or in private. U cannot tell me that u can sit through a blowout or more specifically watch desean Jackson return a game winning punt and sit back and go "well we just lost to a better team". Bull****. If you aren't passionate enough to rip someone for their mistakes or to just generally be pissed off and question decisions u just don't care enough. And that's fine, there are different levels of fandom. But I certainly don't think players are looking at these boards and letting anything here affect their lives personally.

nygsb42champs
02-17-2012, 08:08 AM
He made things simpler and we got the ring.

gumby742
02-17-2012, 08:44 AM
He made things simpler and we got the ring. If he did indeed change his way of doing things, then we have a very good chance to be a decent (not terrible like we were for most of this year) defense. With our offense playing lights out, we may be very, very good. As long as the defense can hold them under 24 - haha.

egyptian420
02-17-2012, 09:14 AM
It's called passion for your team. Each and every person on this board at one time or another in their years as a Giants fan had ripped someone on this team. Whether publicly on the boards or in private. U cannot tell me that u can sit through a blowout or more specifically watch desean Jackson return a game winning punt and sit back and go "well we just lost to a better team". Bull****. If you aren't passionate enough to rip someone for their mistakes or to just generally be pissed off and question decisions u just don't care enough. And that's fine, there are different levels of fandom. But I certainly don't think players are looking at these boards and letting anything here affect their lives personally.
+1

Osi_baby
02-17-2012, 02:00 PM

nailed it right on the head. when i created this thread, the giants were one of the worst giants defenses in giants history.

As of Dec 17th 2011 (a day before this post was created): The Giants are currently ranked 30th in the league in yards and 27th in
points against. That is bad. That is in fact, historically bad. The
worst the Giants have ever been ranked in the Super Bowl era in total
defense (yards against) was 25th back in 2006. Their 27th rank in points against is not quite the
worst in team history, but is 3rd worst. 2009 (30th) and 2003 (29th)
take top honors there. <u>But, their 26.8 points against per game has them
on pace to give up more points then they ever have in team history.</u><u> If
you average their rankings for points against and yards against, you
get 28.5, again the worst in team history with the next closest being
25.5 set in 2003 and 1980.</u>

so please, (to all the nay-say'ers) stop trying to sound all cool with your big words, proper grammar &amp; insulting remarks when you dont have any facts to back your "theories" up. my post is based around actual evidence, not made up ideas such as your own. it just makes you look stupid for calling someone out when they are completely right and you arent.

the giants never would have won the super bowl if fewell didnt stop playing zone. we caught fire right around the time when fewell decided to play man up bump n run with cover2 safties over top (the film doesnt lie, go watch it). the difference was pretty noticeable. our points allowed per game dropped by almost 11points.

i rest my case... =)

Morehead State
02-17-2012, 02:23 PM

nailed it right on the head. when i created this thread, the giants were one of the worst giants defenses in giants history.

As of Dec 17th 2011 (a day before this post was created): The Giants are currently ranked 30th in the league in yards and 27th in points against. That is bad. That is in fact, historically bad. The worst the Giants have ever been ranked in the Super Bowl era in total defense (yards against) was 25th back in 2006. Their 27th rank in points against is not quite the worst in team history, but is 3rd worst. 2009 (30th) and 2003 (29th) take top honors there. <U>But, their 26.8 points against per game has them on pace to give up more points then they ever have in team history.</U><U> If you average their rankings for points against and yards against, you get 28.5, again the worst in team history with the next closest being 25.5 set in 2003 and 1980.</U>

so please, (to all the nay-say'ers) stop trying to sound all cool with your big words, proper grammar &amp; insulting remarks when you dont have any facts to back your "theories" up. my post is based around actual evidence, not made up ideas such as your own. it just makes you look stupid for calling someone out when they are completely right and you arent.

the giants never would have won the super bowl if fewell didnt stop playing zone. we caught fire right around the time when fewell decided to play man up bump n run with cover2 safties over top (the film doesnt lie, go watch it). the difference was pretty noticeable. our points allowed per game dropped by almost 11points.

i rest my case... =)
</P>

Webby was playing man almost the entire season. Watched him against the Bills and he lined up vs. Stevie the entire game. He played a form of hybrid coverage all season. The Boley and KP injuries had as much to do with our problems on defense during that stretch.</P>

But you point is that Fewell could not win with us. And you were wrong. Its nobody's fault but yours that you discounted the injuries and Fewell's ability to adjust.</P>

You were plain wrong. The "I didn't know he would adjust the defense" excuse is a joke.</P>

Osi_baby
02-17-2012, 02:44 PM
lmao you quoted me but you're ripping someone else. this whole post began with me saying fewell needs to adjust or we wont win. god i love giants fans, but some are just flat out morons.

plus it is extremely idiotic to claim the giants d played man all year, when in fact you're only able to site one player as doing so. last time i checked, there is 11 on defense. another awesome attempt tho.

Morehead State
02-17-2012, 03:01 PM
lmao you quoted me but you're ripping someone else. this whole post began with me saying fewell needs to adjust or we wont win. god i love giants fans, but some are just flat out morons.

plus it is extremely idiotic to claim the giants d played man all year, when in fact you're only able to site one player as doing so. last time i checked, there is 11 on defense. another awesome attempt tho.
</P>

I didn't say they played man all year. i said they played a hybrid version of man and cover 2.</P>

The biggest adjustment Fewell made was getting guys back. Without KP they were making huge mistakes in the deep secondary. And Boley's injury absolutely killed us. PF had to play the guys he had.</P>

I complained about TC all season and ate crow publicly on this MB. You need to do the same in order to cleanse your wicked soul.</P>

You will feel better.</P>

And BTW......Giants fans are the best fans in the world.</P>

LT_was_good
02-17-2012, 03:09 PM
And let's not discount the addition of one Mr. Chase Blackburn.

Osi_baby
02-17-2012, 03:28 PM

now this is a good point. and sure injured guys coming back helped as well. but dont be so ignorant Morehead State by thinking Fewell didnt change the way he ran his D. they played so much zone before the start of their run, and anyone who wants to say different is just lying. he certainly switched things up because what he was trying just wasnt working. go watched the green bay game in the regular season, and then go watch the green bay game in the playoffs. you'll see what i mean

Morehead State
02-17-2012, 05:09 PM

now this is a good point. and sure injured guys coming back helped as well. but dont be so ignorant Morehead State by thinking Fewell didnt change the way he ran his D. they played so much zone before the start of their run, and anyone who wants to say different is just lying. he certainly switched things up because what he was trying just wasnt working. go watched the green bay game in the regular season, and then go watch the green bay game in the playoffs. you'll see what i mean
</P>

First of all your original post said that we needed to blitz all the time. Well we didn't blitz. A blitz by the Giants D was a rarity. We rushed 4 during the playoffs essentially exclusively.</P>

But I have to give you credit for gaul. You make a blanket statement about Fewell and how we CAN'T win with him. Then we win a SB with him and you double down on your original statement.</P>

Good for you in your denial.</P>

Kase-1
02-17-2012, 05:14 PM
Fewell without the injuries, 2 seasons ago was a top 10 DC
Fewell with the injuries, we won the SB