PDA

View Full Version : Eli Manning is the greatest QB to ever put on a Giant Jersey

Tmurda1984
09-16-2012, 05:43 PM
Eli Manning is the damn man....nothing phases this guy when he is struggling and he always comes through when we need him most. I almost am very happy with Hakeem Nicks who played his heart out and through injuries. Eli, Cruz, and Nicks beat down the Buccaneers secondary. Diehl's injury was a blessing, because it seemed like our pass protection and running game got immediately better after he went down...Beatty is still a false start machine tho. Osi and Tuck was non existant....and for people blaming Tryon on that TD needs to rewatch it....there was absolutely ZERO pressure and the ball luckily bounced off his helmet that was excellent coverage. Coe played a good game as well, and was pushed on that TD that Jackson scored.

BROADWAYSTORM
09-16-2012, 05:47 PM
That has been clear for a long time now.

Toadofsteel
09-16-2012, 05:49 PM
Hey Tebow, take notes...

CowboysSuck
09-16-2012, 05:49 PM
Hes the best in the league, only his brother maybe is better.

The two MANNINGS own the QB position.

Tiki can take his "next generation qb's" and shove them up his ***. We know he likes stuff up there anyway.

Boogie12
09-16-2012, 05:50 PM
It has been clear for awhile, but man oh man is it so sweet when he performs his magic.

jakegibbs
09-16-2012, 05:57 PM
Eli Manning is the damn man....nothing phases this guy when he is struggling and he always comes through when we need him most. I almost am very happy with Hakeem Nicks who played his heart out and through injuries. Eli, Cruz, and Nicks beat down the Buccaneers secondary. Diehl's injury was a blessing, because it seemed like our pass protection and running game got immediately better after he went down...Beatty is still a false start machine tho. Osi and Tuck was non existant....and for people blaming Tryon on that TD needs to rewatch it....there was absolutely ZERO pressure and the ball luckily bounced off his helmet that was excellent coverage. Coe played a good game as well, and was pushed on that TD that Jackson scored.

CHARLIE CONNERLY, YA TITTLE, PHIL SIMMS PLEASE MOVE OVER. EASY ELI HAS SUPPASSED YOU ALL. THAT IS ALL!!! I HAD GIVEN UP ON THIS GAME BUT FROM NOW ON I'M ALL IN. GO GIANTS. WHAT WAS UP WITH THE KNEEL DOWN @ THE END OF THE GAME? WERE THEY LOOKING FOR ANOTHER MIRICAL IN THE MEDOWLANDS OR WHAT? THAT WAS TOTALLY CLASSLESS. THE LEAGUE OFFICAILS NEED TO TAKE A CLOSE LOOK AT THAT IMHO ANYWAY

Harooni
09-16-2012, 06:00 PM
depends on the quarter

EVGiant17
09-16-2012, 06:04 PM
depends on the quarter

THere are 4 quarters in a game for a reason. If they stopped playing the games after the first half you may have an argument. Instead you can finally admit Eli is the man.

Harooni
09-16-2012, 06:05 PM
I will admit eli has been the man, very clutch

jakegibbs
09-16-2012, 06:05 PM
depends on the quarter

WHO'S BETTER & IN WHAT QUARTER HAROONI. EXPLAIN PLEASE!!!1

miked1958
09-16-2012, 06:07 PM
I mean come on. The guy had two game winning drives in one game

I'll take 5
09-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Gutty performance, guys got extra large cajones, still going back to Bennett and others after the drops and after his mistakes..doesn't think they can stop him if his recievers do their part

BigBlue1971
09-16-2012, 06:11 PM
cant augue bout Eli being the greatest in Giants history!

EnragedYouth85
09-16-2012, 06:12 PM
I will admit eli has been the man, very clutch

WHAT!? Am I seeing things?

Harooni
09-16-2012, 06:13 PM
WHAT!? Am I seeing things? there is never a dispute that Eli is clutch or that Eli is the man of this offense. he has taken over that a while back.

Medisleman
09-16-2012, 06:16 PM
Nobody can come back after throwing INTs like Eli. He just bELIeves.

EnragedYouth85
09-16-2012, 06:19 PM
there is never a dispute that Eli is clutch or that Eli is the man of this offense. he has taken over that a while back.

Oh I agree with you Harooni, just glad to see you say that lol

Harooni
09-16-2012, 06:20 PM
if only he would throw 3 td's first half and we can run heavy and eat clock. but yes Eli is outstanding no huddle close games.

Dabluguy
09-16-2012, 06:28 PM

Agreed

Eli= clutch.

Giantz4Life
09-16-2012, 06:32 PM
T-Murda making a positive post? Must be a good Sunday :D

miked1958
09-16-2012, 06:35 PM
Today is why people and the media hate eli. Bad half with the 3 picks and one going to the house. Missed open WRs that could do been TDs. Then he puts up 25 points in 4th quarter and comes up with not one but TWO game winning drives!! And 3 overall TDs

Harooni
09-16-2012, 06:37 PM
could have been a much easier win, but no doubt he loves coming from behind.

JustinTuckNYG91
09-16-2012, 06:51 PM
It's not only how well he perfroms on the field, the Super Bowl wins which is phenominal in itself. It's also his demeanor, very cool, calm and collected on and off the field. Lots of people crack under the pressure of the media and the fans in NY, Eli isn't (or it sure doesn't seem like it) affected at all. The man has ice water in his viens. Very rare indeed to have that total package.

Drez
09-16-2012, 07:19 PM
WHO'S BETTER & IN WHAT QUARTER HAROONI. EXPLAIN PLEASE!!!1
Meaning Eli had a horrible first two quarters, throwing 3 interception, once of which was a pick-6, and all three leading to 21 on the Bucs points.

I love Eli to death, but he did not have a good first half. His heroics would not have been as needed, if at all, had he played better in the first 2 quarters.

Drez
09-16-2012, 07:20 PM
could have been a much easier win, but no doubt he loves coming from behind.
I see what you did there. :popcorn:

Captain Chaos
09-16-2012, 07:22 PM
Cudo's to Eli, he didn't let a bad quarter or a bad half get him down. He rallied the team around him and delivered a win (twice driving to take the lead). No question about how good he is; however, he will be ripped apart by the media....

SweetZombieJesus
09-16-2012, 07:24 PM
This is one of those performances that will be on the career highlight reel. Also refreshing to have "good Eli" make an appearance in the same game as "bad Eli".

Harooni
09-16-2012, 07:27 PM
my hats off to him, he didn't let playing like ryan leaf the first half get to him.

gumby74
09-16-2012, 09:20 PM
Today is why people and the media hate eli. Bad half with the 3 picks and one going to the house. Missed open WRs that could do been TDs. Then he puts up 25 points in 4th quarter and comes up with not one but TWO game winning drives!! And 3 overall TDs

This. He certainly isn't doing himself any favors in the "respect" department. But I don't really care. If he throws 3 INTs a game we keep on winning, I'm happy.

Giants5699
09-16-2012, 09:27 PM
Eli is the anti-Lebron James. He is sitting there asking Gilbride "can I just kneel it till the 4th? I partied hard last night and have a killer hangover." Then the 4th rolls around and he's like "we need 3 TD's, my hangover from last night is finally gone, time to go to work."

miked1958
09-16-2012, 11:24 PM
Meaning Eli had a horrible first two quarters, throwing 3 interception, once of which was a pick-6, and all three leading to 21 on the Bucs points. I love Eli to death, but he did not have a good first half. His heroics would not have been as needed, if at all, had he played better in the first 2 quarters.But that's what makes it fun

miked1958
09-16-2012, 11:27 PM
Today is why people and the media hate eli. Bad half with the 3 picks and one going to the house. Missed open WRs that could do been TDs. Then he puts up 25 points in 4th quarter and comes up with not one but TWO game winning drives!! And 3 overall TDsAnd I didn't realize at the time I posted this but eli had 243 yards in 4th quarter alone. That happens to also be Freeman's total for the full game. Also the 604 yards that our offense hung on the Bucs under the direction of Eli was the most yards gained on a Tampa team in their Franchise History

Toadofsteel
09-16-2012, 11:29 PM
Eli Manning does it from behind...

miked1958
09-16-2012, 11:31 PM
Eli Manning does it from behind...Yep seems like he thrives on being behind and coming back to swipe a win right out from under them

Parademon
09-16-2012, 11:40 PM
Great win today...but against teams like the Ravens, 49ers, Steelers, team we will be facing this yr, I would much prefer we are leading going into the 4th qt , cuz a 14+ deficit against those 3 Defenses will not be as easy to overcome like they did vs the Bucs D.

giantsfan420
09-16-2012, 11:41 PM
It's not only how well he perfroms on the field, the Super Bowl wins which is phenominal in itself. It's also his demeanor, very cool, calm and collected on and off the field. Lots of people crack under the pressure of the media and the fans in NY, Eli isn't (or it sure doesn't seem like it) affected at all. The man has ice water in his viens. Very rare indeed to have that total package.

u could tell he wanted to get onto the next offensive snaps after the mistakes. he has the perfect memory for a ny qb; no memory. he is always 100% confident in his abilities...not many qbs could have LED a team to a win after a 1rst half 3 int performance. i remember when dallas won a game with romo throwing like 5 ints and romo was this toast of the town for getting the win w 5 ints, but he was along for the ride. the team won in spite of him. eli had to lead a comeback down two td's vs a very good d while already throwin 3 picks, certainly wasnt easy. tb surprised me, they are a very young talented physical hard fighting team. they'll be in the convo late in the seasom imho, this win could be huge.

Gmen2005
09-16-2012, 11:43 PM
Agreed, we're lucky to have him.

giantsfan420
09-16-2012, 11:45 PM
and i dont feel he had an awful 1rst half performance. those 3 ints were pretty bad, esp the pick 6. but imo, 2 of them were fluke, wouldnt happen 99x outta 100....we were moving the ball well and faltered as a team in the redzone 3x...it certainly wasnt a good performance, but id say the 3 specific passes were poor, the rest of his attempts were fine and accurate...but yeah, id gladly trade in some of the 4th quarter heroics for more consistency the first 3 quarters...but def glad we have a qb of elis talents...who else coulda done that today? TB made carolina look putrid...

Drez
09-16-2012, 11:59 PM
and i dont feel he had an awful 1rst half performance. those 3 ints were pretty bad, esp the pick 6. but imo, 2 of them were fluke, wouldnt happen 99x outta 100....we were moving the ball well and faltered as a team in the redzone 3x...it certainly wasnt a good performance, but id say the 3 specific passes were poor, the rest of his attempts were fine and accurate...but yeah, id gladly trade in some of the 4th quarter heroics for more consistency the first 3 quarters...but def glad we have a qb of elis talents...who else coulda done that today? TB made carolina look putrid...
I have yet to watch the game (listened to it on radio), so I cannot attest to how bad those picks were, but sometimes 3 bad passes can make an otherwise decent performance poor. And even if they were flukey, 3 picks that lead to 21 points (including a pick-6 with under :10 left in the half) is not having a good half.