PDA

View Full Version : All you folks bashing the Giants must feel pretty dumb.

BurnerNYG
09-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Now learn from your mistakes and say sorry. Go Big Blue... Cheers!

RoanokeFan
09-16-2012, 05:17 PM

I don't disagree with you but the same people say the same negative crap no matter what. If we go 15 - 1 they will ***** we lost the opener

CuseGirl
09-16-2012, 05:18 PM
Now learn from your mistakes and say sorry. Go Big Blue... Cheers!Dude, they won and that's great. They still played terribly and the secondary was actually worse than the Dallas game. Outside of the receivers, Eli, and the D-line, the rest of the team has MAJOR issues. If they win 10 games, it'll be a miracle.

Die-Hard
09-16-2012, 05:22 PM

What is the fascination with calling people out for not being constant rah-rah fans? Not just you in particular, but all of the other people who do it as well. Not everyone is an eternal optimist who think s this is the greatest team ever and that they can do no wrong. If anyone should be apologizing, it's you guys for always trying to start arguments with those who don't feel the same way you do when watching the games.

Just sayin'...

BurnerNYG
09-16-2012, 05:28 PM
For what it's worth, I was cursing em out too but I learned that what is said on this board is remembered forever so I kept it to myself. I mentioned Eli's bad 1st half but nothing compared to what I would've said in the past. Sports is emotional so trust me I understand, I just think it's funny and I'm kind of glad it wasn't me this time.

CuseGirl
09-16-2012, 05:29 PM
What is the fascination with calling people out for not being constant rah-rah fans? Not just you in particular, but all of the other people who do it as well. Not everyone is an eternal optimist who think s this is the greatest team ever and that they can do no wrong. If anyone should be apologizing, it's you guys for always trying to start arguments with those who don't feel the same way you do when watching the games.

Just sayin'...Apparently real fans can never be upset with the team ::sarcasm:: I won't lie, I get riled up at the first bad play but no, I do not feel dumb. The Giants did everything they could do to lose that game, they really did. Why should we act as if Eli didn't throw 3 first half picks, as if the secondary isn't one of the worst in the league, or as if the O-line can run block? These are actual problems that will most likely prevent the Giants from winning the division.

I have faith in the Giants when they are within one possession to win the game in the last 2 minutes. But that's a situation that's happening WAY too often for any fan to consider this is a good team.

The only thing I can hope for is for improvement but I won't change my tune if the same issues crop up again.

Giantz4Life
09-16-2012, 05:31 PM
Any long-term Giants fans should know by now that we never win easy. It is very rare that we just dominant all facets of the the game. Learn to have faith and not jump to conclusions. That guy Eli Manning is pretty good under pressure.

Harooni
09-16-2012, 05:32 PM

Just sayin'... agreed, i never throw in the towel myself,(seen too many comebacks) but i understand at times when fans think we just stink that half or game.

good to see you guys fixed the mod badges

BROADWAYSTORM
09-16-2012, 05:34 PM
Sorry Cuse girl. You got owned. Jump off the bandwagon now. Save yourself the cardiac arrest too because this is how it is with the Giants. Any real fan who's been watching for long enough would know that we seldom win easily.

CuseGirl
Any long-term Giants fans should know by now that we never win easy. It is very rare that we just dominant all facets of the the game. Learn to have faith and not jump to conclusions. That guy Eli Manning is pretty good under pressure.Doesn't that wear on you though? Maybe I'm just self-concious loll but I'm tired of there being any discussion as to whether or not the Giants are a good team. Just for once, I'd like to go into a game and know for a fact "yea, we're winning this one". Can anyone say with conviction that the Giants are better than Tampa Bay at this point?

CuseGirl
Sorry Cuse girl. You got owned. Jump off the bandwagon now. Save yourself the cardiac arrest too because this is how it is with the Giants. Any real fan who's been watching for long enough would know that we seldom win easily.Wut does that even mean?

By the way, I do not in anyway appreciate you insinuating I'm not a real fan. Like you have no idea how much that angers me. You don't know me. You've never met me, don't ever make assertions about how much I care about my team dude.

BurnerNYG
09-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Any long-term Giants fans should know by now that we never win easy. It is very rare that we just dominant all facets of the the game. Learn to have faith and not jump to conclusions. That guy Eli Manning is pretty good under pressure.Yeah after last season, I learned not to give up on him so easy. That game had a similar feeling of that '08 Bengals game. Hopefully the Dallas game was our Cleveland game and nobody shoots themself.

FlyingTruck
09-16-2012, 05:35 PM
3 ints is nothing to cheer about. Good come from behind win though.

Giantz4Life
09-16-2012, 05:37 PM
Doesn't that wear on you though? Maybe I'm just self-concious loll but I'm tired of there being any discussion as to whether or not the Giants are a good team. Just for once, I'd like to go into a game and know for a fact "yea, we're winning this one". Can anyone say with conviction that the Giants are better than Tampa Bay at this point?

Maybe I'm just numb to the way the Giants win games. Sure I get down when we're playing piss poor and down by 2+ TDs, but I always have that thought in the back of my mind that as long as there is time on that game clock that Mr. Manning can work his magic. Having faith in your team is much more fun than crying and giving yourself a heart attack for no reason.

JustinTuckNYG91
09-16-2012, 05:38 PM
It's OK to bash the team or a player, as Giants fans we all get emotional and frustrated. It's the over the top comments some times that gets to me, calling a game over or the season over if we're down by 14 at the half, in the 2nd game of the season. Come on now, we all know what the Giants are capable of doing, 2nd half or 4th quarter come backs! With that said, we have a very hard schedule ahead, there's definitely going to be more moments of being emotional and frustrated. Just as there will be moments of being ecstatic. Let's just keep things in perspective, we can't win them all or a Super Bowl every year.

Giantz4Life
09-16-2012, 05:39 PM
3 ints is nothing to cheer about. Good come from behind win though.

Nobody is cheering about 3 INTS, but I will take 500+ passing yards and an almost record 600+ offensive yards. Eli just wins man, who said it had to be pretty?

tonyt830
09-16-2012, 05:40 PM
Now learn from your mistakes and say sorry. Go Big Blue... Cheers!Its everyones right to cheer, bash, critique or say whatever they want regarding their team. Some people are more negative nellies and then you have the Oh so Optimistic fans that cannot ever say a bad thing about their team. You try to find a happy medium. All fanbases have all types of fans.

I will cheer my team when they do good and I will boo them and critique them when they stink up the joint. Thats what the happy medium fans will do.

CuseGirl
09-16-2012, 05:40 PM
Maybe I'm just numb to the way the Giants win games. Sure I get down when we're playing piss poor and down by 2+ TDs, but I always have that thought in the back of my mind that as long as there is time on that game clock that Mr. Manning can work his magic. Having faith in your team is much more fun than crying and giving yourself a heart attack for no reason.I've always lived and died with the team lollll...probably why I have grey hairs at 25 lollll....sometimes I can't even control it, I literally can't NOT react when there's a catastrophically bad play and then somehow, there's a littany of bad plays. It makes me sick....

RoanokeFan
09-16-2012, 05:42 PM
agreed, i never throw in the towel myself,(seen too many comebacks) but i understand at times when fans think we just stink that half or game.

good to see you guys fixed the mod badges

It's not the complaining as the game progresses, it's the giving up that is annoying. We played for 60 minutes and we won. There are no points for pretty or ugly.

rainierjef
09-16-2012, 05:43 PM
One of Eli's interceptions was the result of a bad no call by the refs. Just saying

I think what the OP is trying to convey is, whenever we lose this Board, where we all come to just debate, talk football, or just chat with some internet buddies; Is cluttered with doomsday threads.

Fire the coaches
Fire the QB
Fire the water boys
Fire the strength conditioning personnel
Trade Osi, tuck, canty and bernard for a CB
Trade coughlin

It gets annoying after a while, and while you do have the option to ignore the Ignoramuses, sometimes sticking it to the fair weathers brings some slight joy.

this is just my assumption.

Giantz4Life
09-16-2012, 05:43 PM
I have to side with Burner on this thread. Some of you guys (not pointing any fingers) just have no patience and are too quick to hang yourself. Sure, we looked like crap early on, but it is a four quarter game. As a I previously stated, any REAL Giant fan that has been following this team should know that we never make it easy on ourselves no matter the circumstances. Step away from the keyboard and go interact with actual people. I'm telling you...sitting home on the computer by yourself on an Internet message board watching an early Giants sub-par performance is a recipe for chicken littles.

HAMMERHEDD
09-16-2012, 05:44 PM
A happy dumb**** is what I am. I wrote this game and this season off. I do that. It's not a good feature of my personality. Thank you, Eli, for making an embarrassing fool of me, again.

Die-Hard
09-16-2012, 05:46 PM
Its everyones right to cheer, bash, critique or say whatever they want regarding their team. Some people are more negative nellies and then you have the Oh so Optimistic fans that cannot ever say a bad thing about their team. You try to find a happy medium. All fanbases have all types of fans.

I will cheer my team when they do good and I will boo them and critique them when they stink up the joint. Thats what the happy medium fans will do.

Good post. I used to scream and get angry watching the games, but I dont anymore, and it's so much more enjoyable for me(and the others in the room). I fully support the team every week, like I have for my entire life, but I'm brutally honest and blunt, and I call things as I see them when it comes to this team. I've never been one to stand on a ledge, ready to jump, but man, some people just get themselves worked up, either positively or negatively, and disgreeing with them is like painting a target on yourself. Thats the part that drives me up the wall. Its so unnecessary to bash people for not seeing sunshine and rainbows all the time. I watch the games to see what happens, and I'll go from there.

CuseGirl
09-16-2012, 05:48 PM
I honestly don't see how any fan could watch that game calmly. That's all.

Harooni
09-16-2012, 05:49 PM
It's not the complaining as the game progresses, it's the giving up that is annoying. We played for 60 minutes and we won. There are no points for pretty or ugly. agreed.

Die-Hard
09-16-2012, 05:53 PM

Its easy for me now. It didn't used to be, but I figured out that getting crazy was actually taking away the enjoyment of watching. Its simply not worth getting angry about. It's supposed to be a little escape, right? Why fill the escape with yelling and screaming? LOL

I wont even watch with my brother-in-law. He's so bad that it's distracting. Not only does he scream, but he jumps around on furniture and runs around like an idiot. I can't stand it

CuseGirl
09-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Its easy for me now. It didn't used to be, but I figured out that getting crazy was actually taking away the enjoyment of watching. Its simply not worth getting angry about. It's supposed to be a little escape, right? Why fill the escape with yelling and screaming? LOL

I wont even watch with my brother-in-law. He's so bad that it's distracting. Not only does he scream, but he jumps around on furniture and runs around like an idiot. I can't stand itThat's literally me.....

JustinTuckNYG91
09-16-2012, 05:55 PM

I wont even watch with my brother-in-law. He's so bad that it's distracting. Not only does he scream, but he jumps around on furniture and runs around like an idiot. I can't stand it

Haha, that's why I typically watch the games alone, I like to be able to hear everything and not miss anything.

Harooni
09-16-2012, 05:55 PM
meanwhile after pounding the chests over a near lose to TB, the skins and cowboys are a threat.

CuseGirl
09-16-2012, 05:56 PM
meanwhile after pounding the chests over a near lose to TB, the skins and cowboys are a threat.I'm having a really hard time having to accept the 'Skins as an actual good team that is relevant. I just really don't wanna discuss a reality that includes such a thing....

Harooni
09-16-2012, 05:57 PM
I'm having a really hard time having to accept the 'Skins as an actual good team that is relevant. I just really don't wanna discuss a reality that includes such a thing.... yeah it sucks but they are real. good qb and good coach also defense

giantsfan420
09-16-2012, 06:02 PM

just wanna respond to a question u posed in another post. i absolutely feel 100% we are way superior to TB. we beat them AND ourselves today. game shouldnt have been close, eli made 3 uncharacteristicly bad decisions that gave them 21 pts. im happy to pull off the win, and i respect the effort TB put up and they are much improved then last year, but we are the better team w/o a doubt imo

TheEnigma
09-16-2012, 06:03 PM
I'm happy we won but no matter how you spin it, that performance today wouldn't of got us past a really good team and it would of been much uglier. Still room for a lot of improvement on both sides of the ball.

Die-Hard
09-16-2012, 06:04 PM
That's literally me.....

Hehe....thats all well and good. I just dont like being around it when I'm watching the game. Mind you, I dont sit there like a zombie and not cheer them on. I just dont go insane like I used to. I cant focus on the game.

Marvelousmik
09-16-2012, 06:05 PM
For what it's worth, I was cursing em out too but I learned that what is said on this board is remembered forever so I kept it to myself. I mentioned Eli's bad 1st half but nothing compared to what I would've said in the past. Sports is emotional so trust me I understand, I just think it's funny and I'm kind of glad it wasn't me this time.

i was actually able to keep calm this time. Ive just been through it so much that even if we lose i realize its a long season and things can change. Thursday night will be the same old story if we start out bad. I only yelled twice. Once on the legal block in the back by J williams and once when the refs blew yet another pas interference call when nicks was grabbed form behind.

CuseGirl
09-16-2012, 06:08 PM
just wanna respond to a question u posed in another post. i absolutely feel 100% we are way superior to TB. we beat them AND ourselves today. game shouldnt have been close, eli made 3 uncharacteristicly bad decisions that gave them 21 pts. im happy to pull off the win, and i respect the effort TB put up and they are much improved then last year, but we are the better team w/o a doubt imoGiants were better when it mattered most, in the 4th quarter. But you saw those receivers: Vincent Jackson is legit but the rest of Tampa's receivers were lambasted last year by the media for being one of the slowest offenses in the league. But those slow receivers are able to just run fly routes past our corners, even our #1, Webster. Eli and his receivers were better in the 4th, that's the only place they proved to be better.

Captain Chaos
09-16-2012, 06:11 PM
I was certainly disappointed in a few plays but never gave up!

tonyt830
09-16-2012, 06:16 PM
meanwhile after pounding the chests over a near lose to TB, the skins and cowboys are a threat.Harooni, I think anyone on our schedule the rest of the way are a threat, and yes that includes the Cleveland Browns!

We are the defending champs, we will get everyones "A" game. You know teams like the Cowboys, Eagles, Packers and 49ers really want to put it on our Giants, since we won our division and/or eliminated them from a chance at a Superbowl berth last season.

And lets not forget, that we are banged up in the secondary and have chinks in some of our "armor" right now. Its only week 2, so hopefully any rust that is left gets shaken off and our injured players continue to heal.

JPP=BEASTMODE
09-16-2012, 06:17 PM
People are funny on here sometimes. Like the ones that are posting that the games already over at halftime lol.

JPP=BEASTMODE
09-16-2012, 06:19 PM
It's like they didn't watch 1 game last year.

Harooni
09-16-2012, 06:20 PM
People are funny on here sometimes. Like the ones that are posting that the games already over at halftime lol. true lol sometimes its after 1st quarter. even more funny fans that leave or turn tv off only to find out later we came back.

tonyt830
09-16-2012, 06:22 PM
Good post. I used to scream and get angry watching the games, but I dont anymore, and it's so much more enjoyable for me(and the others in the room). I fully support the team every week, like I have for my entire life, but I'm brutally honest and blunt, and I call things as I see them when it comes to this team. I've never been one to stand on a ledge, ready to jump, but man, some people just get themselves worked up, either positively or negatively, and disgreeing with them is like painting a target on yourself. Thats the part that drives me up the wall. Its so unnecessary to bash people for not seeing sunshine and rainbows all the time. I watch the games to see what happens, and I'll go from there.My Dad used to ask me if I had money bet on the game, when I used to overreact and go overboard with my actions or words during a game. Of course I never have bet money on a Giants game or any other team. But he understood that I was a fan, but there was no reason to go bezerk over a game. Its not like I bet my paycheck or mortgage on the game--LOL!!

But there are a lot of things important in life to me. I am 41 years old, and have become a tad wiser and mature. The last thing I want to do is go overboard in front of my wife and my kids. Its especially important to me to set a good example in front of my kids. I love being a fan of the Giants, even when they play like they did in the 1st half today.

After all, I am not one of the players, the head coach, GM or owner---they have the real pressure to deal with. Some of us fans, including me, can play armchair coach, GM or owner. And it doesnt matter if we stayed at a Holiday Inn last night---LOL!!

Go Giants!!

tonyt830
09-16-2012, 06:27 PM
true lol sometimes its after 1st quarter. even more funny fans that leave or turn tv off only to find out later we came back.emotions can get the best of a lot of us out there. I am guilty of throwing in the towel too early. But like the great Yogi Berra said, "It ain't over till it's over"

I have said in the past to my wife and family that it seems that when I dont watch the Giants(I live in Tennessee), the Giants usually do good. Then there are times when I watch them ,like today, that I swear that I jinx them. I just think its coincidence.

JPP=BEASTMODE
09-16-2012, 06:37 PM
The miracle in the meadow lands 2 tought me that it's never over until the clock reads 00:00.

zimonami
09-16-2012, 06:53 PM
My Dad used to ask me if I had money bet on the game, when I used to overreact and go overboard with my actions or words during a game. Of course I never have bet money on a Giants game or any other team. But he understood that I was a fan, but there was no reason to go bezerk over a game. Its not like I bet my paycheck or mortgage on the game--LOL!!

But there are a lot of things important in life to me. I am 41 years old, and have become a tad wiser and mature. The last thing I want to do is go overboard in front of my wife and my kids. Its especially important to me to set a good example in front of my kids. I love being a fan of the Giants, even when they play like they did in the 1st half today.

After all, I am not one of the players, the head coach, GM or owner---they have the real pressure to deal with. Some of us fans, including me, can play armchair coach, GM or owner. And it doesnt matter if we stayed at a Holiday Inn last night---LOL!!

Go Giants!!
You remind me of me.
And, CuseGirl is only 25. When I was around 25 the Giants went 6-0 in preseason, and everyone had us in the SB. Then we went 1-12-1.
It taught me a lot.
You all have many years of rooting for the Giants ahead of you. You'll see it all, and learn to relax a bit, and enjoy a win and block out a loss, and a losing season.
To me, last year was a very pleasant and unexpected gift... a bonus in my Giant life... like the best surprise party ever.
it ain't over 'til it's over (yogi).

miked1958
09-16-2012, 06:58 PM
I don't disagree with you but the same people say the same negative crap no matter what. If we go 15 - 1 they will ***** we lost the openerWell we will have people in here like that hogie idiot eagle fan all week saying we were lucky and our defense stinks

Redeyejedi
09-16-2012, 07:01 PM
One of Eli's interceptions was the result of a bad no call by the refs. Just saying

I think what the OP is trying to convey is, whenever we lose this Board, where we all come to just debate, talk football, or just chat with some internet buddies; Is cluttered with doomsday threads.

Fire the coaches
Fire the QB
Fire the water boys
Fire the strength conditioning personnel
Trade Osi, tuck, canty and bernard for a CB
Trade coughlin

It gets annoying after a while, and while you do have the option to ignore the Ignoramuses, sometimes sticking it to the fair weathers brings some slight joy.

this is just my assumption.I didnt even see that kind of talk. I think u guys blow up over 1 thread like that. I thought the Giants played rather poorly outside of the 4th quarter from the Offense. The defense almost damn near coughed up the game with 30 seconds left

rainierjef
09-16-2012, 07:26 PM
I didnt even see that kind of talk. I think u guys blow up over 1 thread like that. I thought the Giants played rather poorly outside of the 4th quarter from the Offense. The defense almost damn near coughed up the game with 30 seconds left
Oh that was sarcasm, I can't red font on the Boards using a mac.

TheAnalyst
09-16-2012, 07:44 PM
Eli looked so bad in the first half it was embarrassing, but he absolutely owns the 4th quarter. They should just call it Eli Time. 243 yards in the 4th?! That has to be a record. This is the way the Giants play football.

DragonSoul
09-16-2012, 07:48 PM
Now learn from your mistakes and say sorry. Go Big Blue... Cheers!Even though I couldnt watch the game. You already know that will never happen between the trolls, the fools, the kids and the ignorant ones. Just ignore it, or better yet you can now block them lol.

GMENAGAIN
09-16-2012, 08:12 PM
I'm betting that none of them feel stupid . . . they'll be back in full force the during the next bad half, quarter, game . . .

RoanokeFan
09-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Well we will have people in here like that hogie idiot eagle fan all week saying we were lucky and our defense stinks

Take solace in knowing that's coming form inbred central

RoanokeFan
09-16-2012, 08:28 PM
I'm betting that none of them feel stupid . . . they'll be back in full force the during the next bad half, quarter, game . . .

Sad, but true.

miked1958
09-16-2012, 10:29 PM
Sad, but true.Yep

BurnerNYG
09-16-2012, 11:22 PM
You remind me of me.
And, CuseGirl is only 25. When I was around 25 the Giants went 6-0 in preseason, and everyone had us in the SB. Then we went 1-12-1.
It taught me a lot.
You all have many years of rooting for the Giants ahead of you. You'll see it all, and learn to relax a bit, and enjoy a win and block out a loss, and a losing season.
To me, last year was a very pleasant and unexpected gift... a bonus in my Giant life... like the best surprise party ever.
it ain't over 'til it's over (yogi).Yeah last year was definitely a bonus. After that Saints game, I would've curled over with laughter if somebody told we were gonna win a Superbowl. With all the powerhouses last year and QB's breaking records, I didn't see that Championship coming at all. When we beat New England during the season I thought we could do it but then we we went on that skid and even lost to the Vince Young led Eagles. At the end though, all It taught me was how resilient this team is and as long as we got Eli, we'll be in it until the final whistle blows.

BurnerNYG
09-16-2012, 11:26 PM
Even though I couldnt watch the game. You already know that will never happen between the trolls, the fools, the kids and the ignorant ones. Just ignore it, or better yet you can now block them lol.Sometimes it's actually fun debating with some of em or getting a good laugh.

DragonSoul
09-16-2012, 11:28 PM
Sometimes it's actually fun debating with some of em or getting a good laugh.true. cant deny that.

nygfanmaybe
09-17-2012, 06:25 AM
Its so unnecessary to bash people for not seeing sunshine and rainbows all the time.

It is just as unnecessary to bash those who do...

DragonSoul
09-17-2012, 10:24 PM
It is just as unnecessary to bash those who do...pithy

gmen46
09-17-2012, 11:59 PM
meanwhile after pounding the chests over a near lose to TB, the skins and cowboys are a threat.

"after pounding the chests over a near lose [sic] to TB"..........yeah, as opposed to an ACTUAL loss by the Skins to the Rams and an ACTUAL pummeling of the Cowboys by the Seahawks.

I guess only in my imaginary world do ACTUAL losses count as losses, and NEAR losses actually equate to wins. I guess only in my imaginary world are the Cowboys, Redskins, AND the Giants 1-1 at this point.

BlueSanta
09-18-2012, 12:40 AM
"after pounding the chests over a near lose [sic] to TB"..........yeah, as opposed to an ACTUAL loss by the Skins to the Rams and an ACTUAL pummeling of the Cowboys by the Seahawks.

I guess only in my imaginary world do ACTUAL losses count as losses, and NEAR losses actually equate to wins. I guess only in my imaginary world are the Cowboys, Redskins, AND the Giants 1-1 at this point.

I thought we should have fired our coaches and front office after that embarassing NEAR LOSS in the Superbowl too.

In fact, I think we lead the league in NEAR LOSSES last year. What a disgrace.

zimonami
09-18-2012, 01:04 AM
I thought we should have fired our coaches and front office after that embarassing NEAR LOSS in the Superbowl too.

In fact, I think we lead the league in NEAR LOSSES last year. What a disgrace.
Amazingly, many of those same coaches, and players, are still around after embarrassing us in a near loss to those same Pats in SB XLII.
How many near losses can we suffer in SB's before someone notices?
They don't ask, "How?"
Just, "How many?"
Honestly, I don't see too many chest thumping Giant fans... just feeling happy and lucky not to be 0-2
Speaking of luck... how have the Eagles done after the first two weeks.
NFC East... never a dull moment.
It ain't over 'til it's over.

gmen46
09-18-2012, 01:41 AM
Amazingly, many of those same coaches, and players, are still around after embarrassing us in a near loss to those same Pats in SB XLII.
How many near losses can we suffer in SB's before someone notices?
They don't ask, "How?"
Just, "How many?"
Honestly, I don't see too many chest thumping Giant fans... just feeling happy and lucky not to be 0-2
Speaking of luck... how have the Eagles done after the first two weeks.
NFC East... never a dull moment.
It ain't over 'til it's over.

Exactly, Z.

Yes, there are aspects of the Giants game that needs to step up, and soon. Especially the Sleeping Giants on the front 4. But I have every confidence they will. If not this Thurs, then definitely vs the Eagles next week.

But in the meantime, how can any Giants fan not be thrilled with how yesterday's game played out?

I mean, Eli spots TB three quick cheap 21 points, then goes on to have an historical game in yards and 3 TDs leading to a victory.

Cruz makes another game changing play, ending in a TD when he can honor his beloved Grams whose funeral he attended 2 days before, along with key receptions throughout the game.

Nicks has a career-best game with a broken foot still recovering, and has his ankles stomped on twice then goes on a tear.

Brown steps in for Bradshaw and not only has his first professional game as a Giant after 3 years of heart breaking rehabbing, being a hot potato among 4 teams in 2010, and a year on practice squad, but was actually a key component of the comeback.

Even the much-maligned OL stepped up from last week, keeping Eli nearly untouched while helping Brown (AB II?) lose his virginity as a pro RB.

AND, we won!!! Aside from another Super Bowl trophy, It doesn't get much better than that for a Giants fan in Week Two.

giant-4-life
09-18-2012, 01:45 AM
No, even though we eeek'd out the win, the offense has some work to do. with diehl out, seems like the O-line did better.

ELI_Iz_God
09-18-2012, 01:46 AM
Exactly, Z.

Yes, there are aspects of the Giants game that needs to step up, and soon. Especially the Sleeping Giants on the front 4. But I have every confidence they will. If not this Thurs, then definitely vs the Eagles next week.

But in the meantime, how can any Giants fan not be thrilled with how yesterday's game played out?

I mean, Eli spots TB three quick cheap 21 points, then goes on to have an historical game in yards and 3 TDs leading to a victory.

Cruz makes another game changing play, ending in a TD when he can honor his beloved Grams whose funeral he attended 2 days before, along with key receptions throughout the game.

Nicks has a career-best game with a broken foot still recovering, and has his ankles stomped on twice then goes on a tear.

Brown steps in for Bradshaw and not only has his first professional game as a Giant after 3 years of heart breaking rehabbing, being a hot potato among 4 teams in 2010, and a year on practice squad, but was actually a key component of the comeback.

Even the much-maligned OL stepped up from last week, keeping Eli nearly untouched while helping Brown (AB II?) lose his virginity as a pro RB.

AND, we won!!! Aside from another Super Bowl trophy, It doesn't get much better than that for a Giants fan in Week Two.

What separates us from a lot of teams out there is that we have a ton of players that Play to the last whistle...that play with their Hearts. they don't see individuals..they see Team mates. Most teams are lucky to have just a few guys on thier roster that have that kind of heart.

giant-4-life
09-18-2012, 01:49 AM
Coughlin has brought to old school to the G-men

zimonami
09-18-2012, 01:59 AM
No, even though we eeek'd out the win, the offense has some work to do. with diehl out, seems like the O-line did better.
Always liked Diehl... a hard worker and a good Giant... but, he is really slowing.

miked1958
09-18-2012, 09:48 AM
Yeah last year was definitely a bonus. After that Saints game, I would've curled over with laughter if somebody told we were gonna win a Superbowl. With all the powerhouses last year and QB's breaking records, I didn't see that Championship coming at all. When we beat New England during the season I thought we could do it but then we we went on that skid and even lost to the Vince Young led Eagles. At the end though, all It taught me was how resilient this team is and as long as we got Eli, we'll be in it until the final whistle blows.

this says it all right here. best post!!! I mean to me its almost sweeter having that 5/6 losing streak last season and coming back to win it all and the same in 07 with the 0-2 start and giving up 97 points in first 2.5 games.

These SB years to me seem sweeter then the years when we had the dominating 13-3 and 14-2 teams that won SBs. those were nice. I mean for the fans that are old enough to remember 86, sure we started out with a loss to div rival dallas 31-28 ( like we did in 07/11) but went on to a 14-2 dominating team that crushed the niners 49-3 in first round and shutout the skins in NFCCG 17-0. Then in SB Slienced the ORANGE CRUSH 39-20.. (now that game was over when it was 39-10 and denver got garbage time points) Just total domination that yr.

but to me these last 2 are even better. Let them call us lucky. Dont care. we have done it both ways. History doesnt lie

Morehead State
09-18-2012, 09:53 AM

Just sayin'...
Completely agree.
And then they have the audacity to suggest that watching us win makes them seem somehow foolish. These people drive me nuts. When the team plays badly there is no problem calling it out. I get the overreation of fans. We love our team and disappointing losses tend not to bring out the calm rational behavior in fans.
Lets all stop calling out fellow fans when we win. All GIANTS FANS want us to win.

BurnerNYG
09-18-2012, 09:58 AM
Yeah last year was definitely a bonus. After that Saints game, I would've curled over with laughter if somebody told we were gonna win a Superbowl. With all the powerhouses last year and QB's breaking records, I didn't see that Championship coming at all. When we beat New England during the season I thought we could do it but then we we went on that skid and even lost to the Vince Young led Eagles. At the end though, all It taught me was how resilient this team is and as long as we got Eli, we'll be in it until the final whistle blows.this says it all right here. best post!!! I mean to me its almost sweeter having that 5/6 losing streak last season and coming back to win it all and the same in 07 with the 0-2 start and giving up 97 points in first 2.5 games. These SB years to me seem sweeter then the years when we had the dominating 13-3 and 14-2 teams. those were nice. but these are even better.Yeah they are sweet but what a rollercoaster ride. I was a kid back in the 80's, not quite the fan I am today so to witness the team win championships as an adult agaInst a team that basically domInated the new millennium are memories that I'll cherish and talk about forever.

BurnerNYG
09-18-2012, 10:02 AM
Completely agree.
And then they have the audacity to suggest that watching us win makes them seem somehow foolish. These people drive me nuts. When the team plays badly there is no problem calling it out. I get the overreation of fans. We love our team and disappointing losses tend not to bring out the calm rational behavior in fans.
Lets all stop calling out fellow fans when we win. All GIANTS FANS want us to win.I get emotional too, I can't deny that but I learned to keep it to myself until the final whistle blows. Imagine how the fan who said we were gonna go 4-12 felt. Those are the ones I was talking about.

GameTime
09-18-2012, 10:03 AM
ehhh......come on guys we all know the Giants are lucky......

TheEnigma
09-18-2012, 10:05 AM
As amazing as that 4th quarter was, we still need to translate that play into a full 60 minutes of football. We have a tough game coming up here against Newton and the Panthers. If Fewell doesn't force Newton to go with the deep ball enough times, our defense could be tired out by the 2nd half like against the Cowboys with their 4-headed rushing attack. Newton, Stewart, Williams, and Tolbert is a potent force to deal with.

Morehead State
09-18-2012, 10:07 AM
I get emotional too, I can't deny that but I learned to keep it to myself until the final whistle blows. Imagine how the fan who said we were gonna go 4-12 felt. Those are the ones I was talking about.
I'll tell you how they felt...
Happy as all get out!!!
Everyone wants our team to win. So is it your job to mitigate their joy?

You make it sound like people who are pessimistic about our team are somehow rooting against them. Its just plain wrong. Lets enjoy the win and not take the opportunity to try to pit fans against each. Save your energy for Eagles and Cowboy fans. They actually DO want us to lose.

BurnerNYG
09-18-2012, 10:18 AM
As amazing as that 4th quarter was, we still need to translate that play into a full 60 minutes of football. We have a tough game coming up here against Newton and the Panthers. If Fewell doesn't force Newton to go with the deep ball enough times, our defense could be tired out by the 2nd half like against the Cowboys with their 4-headed rushing attack. Newton, Stewart, Williams, and Tolbert is a potent force to deal with.I think we should beat The Panthers but at the same time, I think that team is gonna be fired up. They're playing in front of their home crowd against the defending champs in the national spotlight. I think Cam is salivating at the chance of playing against Eli and he's gonna be on the top of his game. We can't take Carolina lightly... they're looking for respect and what better way of getting it than knocking off the big market SB Champion Giants!?

BurnerNYG
09-18-2012, 10:19 AM
I'll tell you how they felt...
Happy as all get out!!!
Everyone wants our team to win. So is it your job to mitigate their joy?

You make it sound like people who are pessimistic about our team are somehow rooting against them. Its just plain wrong. Lets enjoy the win and not take the opportunity to try to pit fans against each. Save your energy for Eagles and Cowboy fans. They actually DO want us to lose.I was actually pretty wasted when I wrote this post so forgive me but I thought it was hilarious at the time.

Morehead State
09-18-2012, 10:21 AM
I was actually pretty wasted when I wrote this post so forgive me but I thought it was hilarious at the time.
No, its OK.
We just have this need sometimes to pit Giants fans against each other. Even after a win.

DragonSoul
09-18-2012, 10:28 AM
I get emotional too, I can't deny that but I learned to keep it to myself until the final whistle blows. Imagine how the fan who said we were gonna go 4-12 felt. Those are the ones I was talking about.Yep, I learned a long time ago that when you start talking one way or another it usually back fires on you. But I also learn patience through the years. It is just funny that after all these years the older fans havent learned it from either side of the debate.

GameTime
09-18-2012, 10:43 AM
I was actually pretty wasted when I wrote this post so forgive me but I thought it was hilarious at the time.

so you were wasted when you wrote this and you were too drunk to know that Barden only had one catch vs the Bucs....hmmm..

"Hi...I am BurnerNYG"....
"Hi....Burner. Welcome to the group".....

:cool:

BurnerNYG
09-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Yep, I learned a long time ago that when you start talking one way or another it usually back fires on you. But I also learn patience through the years. It is just funny that after all these years the older fans havent learned it from either side of the debate.Can't teach an old dog new tricks. We just won a Superbowl... you would think some will be a little bit more relaxed. Not saying we're not gonna win but there's 31 other teams in the league... you can't win every year. If it doesn't work for one sport, just go pray your 2nd team in your next favorite sport does something.

BurnerNYG
09-18-2012, 11:15 AM
so you were wasted when you wrote this and you were too drunk to know that Barden only had one catch vs the Bucs....hmmm..

"Hi...I am BurnerNYG"....
"Hi....Burner. Welcome to the group".....

:cool:Yeah I'll see you at the meeting later.

nycisgreat
09-18-2012, 11:42 AM
I don't disagree with you but the same people say the same negative crap no matter what. If we go 15 - 1 they will ***** we lost the opener

You can't always make everyone happy.

thomsoad
09-18-2012, 12:34 PM
Why is that?
Things I complained about last week are still problems.
I never heard Osi or Tuck mentioned once...gonna watch the game again tonight on NFLN but I honestly dont remember their names mentioned on a play.
Secondary still looks like its having problems as well.
Now the Oline might have something with Ware...l will be watching that intently on Thurs.

GameTime
09-18-2012, 12:34 PM
Yeah I'll see you at the meeting later.
unfortunately I do resemble that remark......

Go out for a beer afterwards??....

Jiffy Jeff
09-18-2012, 06:49 PM
Apparently real fans can never be upset with the team ::sarcasm:: I won't lie, I get riled up at the first bad play but no, I do not feel dumb. The Giants did everything they could do to lose that game, they really did. Why should we act as if Eli didn't throw 3 first half picks, as if the secondary isn't one of the worst in the league, or as if the O-line can run block? These are actual problems that will most likely prevent the Giants from winning the division.

I have faith in the Giants when they are within one possession to win the game in the last 2 minutes. But that's a situation that's happening WAY too often for any fan to consider this is a good team.

The only thing I can hope for is for improvement but I won't change my tune if the same issues crop up again.

Yeah..............they just won the Super Bowl. They're surely not a "good team". Go back to your Mass Effect, girl.