PDA

View Full Version : Does Andre Brown get the start on Thursday?

joemorrisforprez
09-16-2012, 05:47 PM
The guy was very effective against a nasty run defense. He runs with conviction.

primetime
09-16-2012, 05:50 PM
He deserves a chance, and I think the coaching staff liked what they saw from him today. I know I did...

RoanokeFan
09-16-2012, 05:52 PM
That will depend on Ahmad's injury, but I'd put him in before Wilson to see if he's a hot and cold player. Not a slam on Wilson.

CowboysSuck
09-16-2012, 05:53 PM
Im really not sure why Wilson and Brown didnt at least split carries. Why no love for our #1 pick??

BeatYale
09-16-2012, 06:00 PM
Im really not sure why Wilson and Brown didnt at least split carries. Why no love for our #1 pick??

Same. Maybe Brown gets reps during the week as Bradshaw's backup. He's been around longer than Wilson, so he probably has a firmer grasp on the offense. Wilson, I think, has a more simplified role with the team right now in certain packages and/or plays. Brown getting hot early on probably had a lot to do with why KG didn't dial up plays for Wilson perhaps.

GMEN023
09-16-2012, 06:01 PM

Ride the hot hand with Brown. Plus he is a bit more reliable. Can't have a runningback with fumble problems in the game much when we're trailing and having turnover problems as it is. At least that's my view on it.

Bigbluefan77
09-16-2012, 06:02 PM
andre brown ran with purpose today, i cant wait to see what he does with 20 snaps

nhpgiantsfan
09-16-2012, 06:11 PM
If Bradshaw is out, Brown will def start. And I think he earned his spot as the number two back. He will see carries now. This is how you earn TC's trust as a RB. AB goes down and Brown took advantage of the opportunity.

Captain Chaos
09-16-2012, 06:13 PM
Brown earned his blue jersey today, he also earned more playing time in the next game. "I gotta ring...."

miked1958
09-16-2012, 06:14 PM
Ride the hot hand with Brown. Plus he is a bit more reliable. Can't have a runningback with fumble problems in the game much when we're trailing and having turnover problems as it is. At least that's my view on it.That was all it was, he was hot and TC stayed with him.

Roosevelt
09-16-2012, 06:16 PM
He should. He hit the holes he was supposed to unlike Bradshaw.

miked1958
09-16-2012, 06:17 PM
If Bradshaw is out, Brown will def start. And I think he earned his spot as the number two back. He will see carries now. This is how you earn TC's trust as a RB. AB goes down and Brown took advantage of the opportunity.Won't matter. If AB is out Wilson will get his fair share of touches by default

JustinTuckNYG91
09-16-2012, 06:17 PM
I definitely believe he deserves some carries come Thursday.

BigBlueOnes
09-16-2012, 07:41 PM
I definitely believe he deserves some carries come Thursday.

I think you see him as the #2 for sure. His style is different than Wilson, he's more North South and we know how much TC loves that smash mouth in your face game. I am getting a woodie here thinking about AB-Brown-Wilson and what could become a three headed monster. I love our passing game, but would love to just start imposing our will on defenses by smashing them in the face. Need this O Line to play consistently.

Toadofsteel
09-16-2012, 07:43 PM
I GOT A START

HE GOT ONE TOO

BlueSanta
09-16-2012, 07:43 PM
I am more happy that we had some interior line blocking today. There were holes for Brown to run through.

joemorrisforprez
09-16-2012, 07:54 PM
He should. He hit the holes he was supposed to unlike Bradshaw.

Dude, I totally agree with this. Finally, a runningback that goes where he's supposed to go.

I will say the blocking was solid today too... I know that counts for alot. But Brown hit it hard, all day.

tonyt830
09-16-2012, 07:55 PM
I hope Bradshaw's injury is minor. But even if it is minor, I would be ok with him sitting out this coming game on a short week. They could activate Scott as the 3rd back behind Brown and Wilson, and I think we will be ok. Let Bradshaw rest up, heal and get ready for the Eagles.

moosedrool
09-16-2012, 07:57 PM
Brown bulked up in the offseason and I believe he is higher than his listed playing weight of 227. The guy ran with power. So was our running game better because of Beatty/Locklear as out tackles, or because of Brown's running style....I think both.

dmighty326
09-16-2012, 07:59 PM
I loved Brown's performance today. He was either left or right of center running with conviction.
He deserves the carries if Bradshaw is out or struggles.

Buddy333
09-16-2012, 08:00 PM
Why does it matter that they didn't use Wilson? Brown was excellent today.

NorwoodBlue
09-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Brown ran through the seams he got; but the biggest thing I say was he was running down hill, pads low, making himself a lot smaller target, and a lot more stable on his feet. I haven't seen ANY Giants running back run like that in a long time. Bradshaw's persistent cutbacks, and Jacobs running straight up and down have been the norm, and we've seen the running game get worse and worse. Brown's style of running makes it easier on his linemen because they know where he's going, and that they don't have to hold their blocks forever. The line can get in a rythym that way, and it can really put a defense back on their heels. It'll be intersting to see how the line plays Thursday when they practice as a unit for a couple days.

ELI_Iz_God
09-16-2012, 08:05 PM
If Bradshaw is out, Brown will def start. And I think he earned his spot as the number two back. He will see carries now. This is how you earn TC's trust as a RB. AB goes down and Brown took advantage of the opportunity.

Just using this kid for kickoff returns is an insult to what he is capable of. Doesn't even begin to justify his roster spot tbh...

moosedrool
09-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Just using this kid for kickoff returns is an insult to what he is capable of. Doesn't even begin to justify his roster spot tbh...

I don't see how you can be upset about Wilson's usage when Brown got 71 yards on 13 carries (5.5 avg).

joemorrisforprez
09-16-2012, 08:32 PM
Brown ran through the seams he got; but the biggest thing I say was he was running down hill, pads low, making himself a lot smaller target, and a lot more stable on his feet. I haven't seen ANY Giants running back run like that in a long time. Bradshaw's persistent cutbacks, and Jacobs running straight up and down have been the norm, and we've seen the running game get worse and worse. Brown's style of running makes it easier on his linemen because they know where he's going, and that they don't have to hold their blocks forever. The line can get in a rythym that way, and it can really put a defense back on their heels. It'll be intersting to see how the line plays Thursday when they practice as a unit for a couple days.

Great post...totally agree. I was very impressed with Brown.

RoanokeFan
09-16-2012, 08:34 PM
Not only was Brown effective, but I was impressed with his heads up play when Eli and Bass bobbled the exchange with Brown scooping it up and negative what would have been a negative yardage play.

Roosevelt
09-16-2012, 08:35 PM
Dude, I totally agree with this. Finally, a runningback that goes where he's supposed to go.

I will say the blocking was solid today too... I know that counts for alot. But Brown hit it hard, all day.

The blocking looked like it got a lot better with Brown in there, but I think Brown hit the holes faster and with more power than AB. Sorry AB, but I would ride Brown right now.

Buddy333
09-16-2012, 08:35 PM
Brown also caught the ball a couple of times and looked good doing it.

ELI_Iz_God
09-16-2012, 08:45 PM
I don't see how you can be upset about Wilson's usage when Brown got 71 yards on 13 carries (5.5 avg).

Would you buy a Ferrari and only drive it on special occasions?

joemorrisforprez
09-16-2012, 08:47 PM

Judging from this passing performance in the 2nd half, Brown also did a nice job in pass protection.

Giants5699
09-16-2012, 08:48 PM
If the run game gets going... my god this offense would be impossible to stop.

ELI_Iz_God
09-16-2012, 08:52 PM
Judging from this passing performance in the 2nd half, Brown also did a nice job in pass protection.

I saw wilson level a guy blocking too..but maybe I'm one of the few people who saw that. I'm just saying I can realisticly see us under using wilson to his ability. It's a shame too because theres so much potential to tap into but it's clear that wilson is the last thought on everyones minds right now. Just my observation

RoanokeFan
09-16-2012, 08:54 PM

Wilson played well today, no fumbles. Brown lit the field up today.

joemorrisforprez
09-16-2012, 08:59 PM
I saw wilson level a guy blocking too..but maybe I'm one of the few people who saw that. I'm just saying I can realisticly see us under using wilson to his ability. It's a shame too because theres so much potential to tap into but it's clear that wilson is the last thought on everyones minds right now. Just my observation

I don't think we should read too much into Wilson's limited role today. Coughlin went with the hot hand. Brown has paid his dues....he's a 4th year guy, and definitely deserved and made the most of his opportunity today.

BigBlue1971
09-16-2012, 09:05 PM
most of the decision is based on ABs health. if AB is not able to go i think Andre will start! he was a beast today and deserves the chance if AB is out!

jomo
09-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Certainly.

TheShouldersOf
09-16-2012, 09:18 PM
Wilson played well today, no fumbles. Brown lit the field up today.

It's hard to 'Light Up The Field' with only 3 carries,

i don't understand how Wilson can prove himself with limited opportunities,

utilizing him just as a returner is not capitalizing on his Abilities, it has nothing to do with 'First Round' or 'Seventh Round'

what does he have to do to get actual playing time?

i understand the coaches see things in practice we don't Etc Etc,

i guess i shouldn't get upset about it, but it's frustrating

nhpgiantsfan
09-16-2012, 09:32 PM

He fumbled last week, and now he has to wait for his opportunity to prove himself. Brown got his chance today and he made the most of it.

joemorrisforprez
09-16-2012, 10:18 PM
Interesting article on Andre Brown's running back class in the 2009 Draft.....

http://collegefootballinsiders.blogspot.com/2009/04/draft-spotlight-running-back.html

Who Are the Next Tier of Runners?

More than any other back at the Combine, Andre Brown (North Carolina St.) displayed his potential with 4.4-speed and an NFL frame at over 220 pounds.

“His potential is unlimited,” his former head coach Tom O’Brien said in a CFI interview. “We’ve only been here two years and actually he missed the last six games of our first year with an injury. He’s certainly made tremendous strides this year. He can play whether it’s first, second or third down—he can be that back. He has size and he has speed to take that pounding at the next level. So I think he would be a great addition to someone’s team.”

What will likely keep Brown from becoming a feature back is his lack of durability. Brown has struggled to stay on the field, which limited his production as a collegian. He possesses good vision, patience and can be a factor in the passing game.

moosedrool
09-16-2012, 11:54 PM

I own a Corvette and only drive it on special occasions, so yeah.

appodictic
09-17-2012, 12:14 AM
If Bradshaw can not go, start him. If he can go Brown is the number 2. he really pressed the holes and protected the ball well.

giantsfan420
09-17-2012, 12:17 AM
overlooked in this is ware plays for TB and theres no way Ware gives us the performance Brown did imo

tcseacliff
09-17-2012, 12:33 AM

How could you ignore that? he stepped up, played with conviction and heart. that did not look like a fluke, he is the real deal, and I say, leave him there. he showed a lot more ability to run up the middle then Bradshaw, something that has been missing since Jacobs left.

ELI_Iz_God
09-17-2012, 12:46 AM
He fumbled last week, and now he has to wait for his opportunity to prove himself. Brown got his chance today and he made the most of it.

and Eli's 3 picks are brushed under the rug.....you see how that looks? "don't punish this guy for making a mistake...but punish this guy right here" I'm just using this as an example so don't come back saying oh so we should of benched eli..if you say that you're missing the point completely, so don't bother typing it.

BillTheGreek
09-17-2012, 12:46 AM
It's a no Brainer ! They have to put BROWN in the Line up ,we kept saying our OL needs help, well it looked pretty good today., Unless Brown made them look good. What running for a Rookie !

GOOD LUCK GIANTS ! SUPER BOWL CHAMPS !

nycsportzfan
09-17-2012, 12:48 AM
As most know, I raved about all Jerry Reeses draft up untill this last one, and now Barden is making plays on occasion, and Brown is showing his worth, and Nicks is a superstar, and beckum made some plays before injury last yr ..etc Its getting better and better...Beatty is also in there and hes getting better... He looked good today...

nycsportzfan
09-17-2012, 12:55 AM
How could you ignore that? he stepped up, played with conviction and heart. that did not look like a fluke, he is the real deal, and I say, leave him there. he showed a lot more ability to run up the middle then Bradshaw, something that has been missing since Jacobs left. People are crazy thinking Andre Brown dosen't have the talent to be a true real deal.. The guy was a all around beast at NC ST and coming outta HS, with only injuries holding him back, and he just hasent gotten a real chance yet.. When ur a 4th rder with guys like Jacobs and bradshaw ahead of u, u have to make plays almost immedietly in ur very limited chances, and quite often good players don't(its not always there fault), and they just dissapear into the night.. Theres probably 100's and 100's of players who never got a real chance who can ball in this league..

Brown has size, speed, power, catching ability..etc I thought we stole him in the 09 draft.. THis kid can catch like a beast as well! He was great at NC ST at catching the ball outta backfield..

joemorrisforprez
09-17-2012, 01:27 AM
People are crazy thinking Andre Brown dosen't have the talent to be a true real deal.. The guy was a all around beast at NC ST and coming outta HS, with only injuries holding him back, and he just hasent gotten a real chance yet.. When ur a 4th rder with guys like Jacobs and bradshaw ahead of u, u have to make plays almost immedietly in ur very limited chances, and quite often good players don't(its not always there fault), and they just dissapear into the night.. Theres probably 100's and 100's of players who never got a real chance who can ball in this league..

Brown has size, speed, power, catching ability..etc I thought we stole him in the 09 draft.. THis kid can catch like a beast as well! He was great at NC ST at catching the ball outta backfield..

I replayed the game, and Brown did a nice job in the passing game as a blocker, plus contributed as a receiver.

That was probably a major reason he saw the bulk of the action......with Brown, Coughlin had a three down back.

I'll take 5
09-17-2012, 01:37 AM
Yes he serves it if there's any questions about AB

BigBlueCrew22
09-17-2012, 01:57 AM
IM SICK OF BRADSHAW I THINK HE SUCKS.

bbdynasty
09-17-2012, 02:06 AM
IM SICK OF BRADSHAW I THINK HE SUCKS.
are you new to the giants fanbase? bradshaw has talent, and I'd put him in there as the starter as long as he's healthy. I don't think he should get more than 20 carries a game, but he should be the starter. we do need fresh legs every now and then.. but bradshaw would've done just as well as brown with the line brown had imo

gmenfan0488
09-17-2012, 02:32 AM
I think it should definitely be considered, guy played a great game today and AB is banged up.