PDA

View Full Version : Clutch

born blue
09-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Can you remember the last time Eli had the ball in his hand late with a chance to win/tie and he didn't come through? I cant and it's beautiful...the Giants have the most clutch QB in the league.

After Williams' circus catch with 2:00 to play that tied the game up, my first thought was, "They left us 2 minutes? Ha. We got this."

GmenFan1980
09-16-2012, 06:33 PM
against the Seahawks, Niners and Eagles(all regular season) he failed last year.

regardless I agree Eli is very Clutch and love him as our QB. :)

born blue
09-16-2012, 06:40 PM
Okay, that's true...I'm fuzzy on details, but I think he led the Giants back to tie earlier in the 4th against both Niners and Eagles, and was one pass away from completing the comeback in both games. Not trying to make excuses, but it wasn't like he was inept.

I have completely blocked the Seattle game from my memory so I have no comment on that.

Harooni
09-16-2012, 06:44 PM
no one will be perfect, but he is they best in those situations

NYG4lifeNYK
09-16-2012, 06:47 PM
against the Seahawks, Niners and Eagles(all regular season) he failed last year.

regardless I agree Eli is very Clutch and love him as our QB. :)

Cruz slipped and it was pick-sixed, otherwise he leads us back against Seattle aslo.

GmenFan1980
09-16-2012, 06:52 PM
Cruz slipped and it was pick-sixed, otherwise he leads us back against Seattle aslo.

A loss is a loss. Regardless we don't have to care about those games anymore cause we won the Super bowl lol.

born blue
09-16-2012, 07:05 PM
A loss is a loss. Regardless we don't have to care about those games anymore cause we won the Super bowl lol.

Also true...a loss is a loss. But, Eli always gives us a chance as long as the game is in reach. Like Harooni said, no one is perfect...but he is the best there is.

For example, I caught the end of BAL-PHI after the Giants game. Joe "I am elite" Flacco had the ball with timeouts, down by 1, two mins left. He was erratic, and couldn't even cross midfield. Turnover on downs...pathetic.

GmenFan1980
09-16-2012, 07:14 PM
Also true...a loss is a loss. But, Eli always gives us a chance as long as the game is in reach. Like Harooni said, no one is perfect...but he is the best there is.

For example, I caught the end of BAL-PHI after the Giants game. Joe "I am elite" Flacco had the ball with timeouts, down by 1, two mins left. He was erratic, and couldn't even cross midfield. Turnover on downs...pathetic.

I'm not disagreeing with you about Eli's clutch ability. I never feel we are out of it in a close game until the final whistle. I was just reminding you of the games you forgot about :p.

Joe Flacco is Joe Flacco. has his moments every now and again. but then again I don't watch too many Ravens games lol

ny06
09-16-2012, 07:18 PM
Have to love Eli's perseverance, some qb's would crumble after having 3 interceptions before halftime. But Eli stayed on course and kept throwing the ball and making plays.

SweetZombieJesus
09-16-2012, 07:26 PM
San Fran last regular season (comeback drive to tie the game died on 4th and 2 inside the 20).

born blue
09-16-2012, 07:30 PM
same ol' Eli...was this when you knew?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SUaPVUkTwU

VegasGmen
09-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Have to love Eli's perseverance, some qb's would crumble after having 3 interceptions before halftime. But Eli stayed on course and kept throwing the ball and making plays.
Cutler is the anti-Eli.

giantsfan420
09-16-2012, 07:35 PM
looks like rg3 is the anti eli too

Giants5699
09-16-2012, 07:36 PM
Look up "clutch" in the dictionary and you will find a photo of Joe Montana and El Manning hanging out smoking cigars wearing t-shirts that read "don't worry, we got this."