PDA

View Full Version : Nicks' health

jax5338
09-16-2012, 07:16 PM
first of all i wanna give hakeem big time props for an amazing game. 10 rec, 199 yds, 1 TD all on a bum foot. what a great job he did, he's solidifying his spot as a top WR in the NFL.

my only question is, with a short week coming up, im concerned how that foot is feeling. he took quite a beating today and im not sure if it was the same foot which was previously injured, but he was obviously hobbled.

anybody seen any info on how that foot is? im sure he probably wont practice much this week, but i hope he's still able to go thursday night @ carolina.

rainierjef
09-16-2012, 07:18 PM
He shook it off, and walked off the field fine. They probably wont have him practice, he doesn't need too really; him and Eli are always in sync with minimal practice time.

jax5338
09-16-2012, 07:22 PM
He shook it off, and walked off the field fine. They probably wont have him practice, he doesn't need too really; him and Eli are always in sync with minimal practice time.

that was my assumption, but im not sure if that was just adrenaline taking over in clutch time or whatnot. i know he doesnt need to practice, he showed that today lol. it was painful to watch because it seemed like every catch he had, someone would end up stepping or wrapping him up by one of his feet.

rainierjef
09-16-2012, 07:24 PM
that was my assumption, but im not sure if that was just adrenaline taking over in clutch time or whatnot. i know he doesnt need to practice, he showed that today lol. it was painful to watch because it seemed like every catch he had, someone would end up stepping or wrapping him up by one of his feet.
Yeah, he took some tough hits to both legs.

NorwoodBlue
09-16-2012, 07:34 PM
When that guy came over the top and stepped on his ankle it looked like a bad sprain; but he only missed one play and came back with some amazing plays. There's no questioning Hakeem's dedication and toughness.

gmenfan0488
09-16-2012, 07:41 PM
I think nicks will be fine, he had a great game and didn't miss any significant time when he got dinged up

Cool Papa B.
09-16-2012, 07:47 PM
This dude is as tough as nails. The way he caught the pass from Eli RIGHT AFTER he had his ankle stepped just left me in awe and gave me much more respect for him. As long as he didn't tear any ligaments in that ankle I think he plays on Thurs. he might not even practice this week just as a precaution and still play.

jax5338
09-16-2012, 09:00 PM
This dude is as tough as nails. The way he caught the pass from Eli RIGHT AFTER he had his ankle stepped just left me in awe and gave me much more respect for him. As long as he didn't tear any ligaments in that ankle I think he plays on Thurs. he might not even practice this week just as a precaution and still play.

i agree. doubt he'll even try to practice but he showed how good/tough he was tonight. an injured hakeem nicks is still better than most NFL WRs.

SackingMyths
09-16-2012, 09:06 PM
TB has a coach that told his players to dive at our O-Line's legs after we were clearly kneeling it down.

Fair to wonder if that same coach told his players to step on Hakeem's injured foot if they get a chance...