PDA

View Full Version : One RB away from a great SB run imo

Harooni
09-16-2012, 08:41 PM
We are just one RB shy of going all the way. Wilson seems a bit green as of right now. probably should have looked at Bush.

EnragedYouth85
09-16-2012, 08:42 PM
So you don't think Brown did a good job today or are you just saying we need another RB? Do you not think Bradshaw will be back this year?

giantsfan420
09-16-2012, 08:42 PM
we have all we need for a sb run. a great rb wouldnt hurt, but is not necessary in my humble opinion

gmenfan0488
09-16-2012, 08:44 PM
Brown did a great job today. Wilson has some potential, and Bradshaw's probably gonna be usual, play-through-injuries self. If they all play how they can, we have a formidable three-headed running game.

Harooni
09-16-2012, 08:45 PM
No i do not think Brown is the answer ,but played well when the bucks backed safetys off with a lead.

and i do not think the RB has to be great 420, just would like an addition there

EnragedYouth85
09-16-2012, 08:47 PM
Well I think Brown did pretty good, we will be able to gauge his performance better on Thursday when he probably starts the game with Bradshaw hurt. You don't honestly think we will be picking up a RB right? If anything we'd pick up a CB or OL.. just sayin..

Harooni
09-16-2012, 08:49 PM
lol at acting like brown is solid after a handful of carries late in a game while the other team was up 2 scores. lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

EnragedYouth85
09-16-2012, 08:51 PM
I never once said Brown was solid, I said I thought he played pretty good and we could better gauge his performance on Thursday. No putting words in my mouth..

Harooni
09-16-2012, 08:53 PM
I never once said Brown was solid, I said I thought he played pretty good and we could better gauge his performance on Thursday. No putting words in my mouth.. that wasnt aimed at you, i agree with u there. fine job but way too little to gauge

EnragedYouth85
09-16-2012, 08:55 PM
that wasnt aimed at you, i agree with u there. fine job but way too little to gauge

lol okay, just making sure. I thought my assesment was pretty spot on :)

Harooni
09-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Well maybe we could convince Tiki to comeback and make a SB run with us.

http://strengthdisciple.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/tiki_barber-300x300.jpg

Brooklyn_Madcat
09-16-2012, 09:00 PM
First post on the new boards. I think we might have that player on the roster in Da'rel Scott, I just think he needs the reps.

Harooni
09-16-2012, 09:03 PM
First post on the new boards. I think we might have that player on the roster in Da'rel Scott, I just think he needs the reps. welcome, maybe we will see though ,i think we need a vet

BigBlue1971
09-16-2012, 09:03 PM
We are just one RB shy of going all the way. Wilson seems a bit green as of right now. probably should have looked at Bush.

dont know the extent of ABs problem but Andre Brown showed some tough runs today!

Wilson had a good comeback today from that fumble. as you say hes "a bit green" now. i expect he will improve with each game!

a great rb would be nice but we appear to have 2-3 very good ones which could equal a great one with the right breaks.

Toadofsteel
09-16-2012, 09:04 PM
We all know who you have in mind Harooni, why don't you just come out and say it so we can laugh at you for such an assertion?

joemorrisforprez
09-16-2012, 09:15 PM
lol at acting like brown is solid after a handful of carries late in a game while the other team was up 2 scores. lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

Brown did a great job today.

Maybe it helps to run the play as it's drawn up, and not waste a bunch of energy dancing around behind the line of scrimmage.

Joe Morrison
09-16-2012, 09:17 PM
Brown did a great job today.
Harooni, what game were you watching?

nycsportzfan
09-16-2012, 09:19 PM
So you don't think Brown did a good job today or are you just saying we need another RB? Do you not think Bradshaw will be back this year? Brown was insane! All of a sudden that Hakeem Nicks draft looks even better if we hit with Andre Brown.. Brown earned a lot bigger look going forward.. Also, he was a nasty pass catcher in college, so that could show up sooner or later as well..

RoanokeFan
09-16-2012, 09:21 PM

You didn't like Brown today? With a short week, we could be looking at Wilson and Brown starting on Thursday

joemorrisforprez
09-16-2012, 09:28 PM
What really impressed me about Brown is how economical he was with his running. He went to the lane, and didn't blow energy or momentum with unnecessary moves. And as others have pointed out, he keep his feet driving, and got his pads low when he finished his runs.

I'm going to replay the game tonight to check it out some more....but I'l be honest, he looked like a better back than Bradshaw today. I realize it's just one game, but for the first time in a long time, I had confidence in the run game.

We couldn't have won without Brown today.

RoanokeFan
09-16-2012, 09:59 PM
What really impressed me about Brown is how economical he was with his running. He went to the lane, and didn't blow energy or momentum with unnecessary moves. And as others have pointed out, he keep his feet driving, and got his pads low when he finished his runs.

I'm going to replay the game tonight to check it out some more....but I'l be honest, he looked like a better back than Bradshaw today. I realize it's just one game, but for the first time in a long time, I had confidence in the run game.

We couldn't have won without Brown today.

I'm not sure about that, but for the first time in a long time I was excited about the running game once he got his hands on the ball.

joemorrisforprez
09-16-2012, 10:01 PM
I'm not sure about that, but for the first time in a long time I was excited about the running game once he got his hands on the ball.

One of the big differences between this week and last was our running game was effective.

Remember, Brown is the guy who converted that 2 pt conversion to tie the game.

Anyway, I think he was huge reason the Giants were able to hand in the game and eventually come back to win.

jomo
09-16-2012, 10:03 PM
I would have said we are a good OL (or 2) away from a strong SB run.

nhpgiantsfan
09-16-2012, 10:23 PM
If I could pick one player right now to add to the team for a SB, there are several positions I would choose before RB..

jomo
09-16-2012, 10:26 PM
If I could pick one player right now to add to the team for a SB, there are several positions I would choose before RB..That is so right. Bradshaw will be back and we now have seen some of what Brown is capable of, big strong back. Plus Wilson will develop as the season progresses and along with Scott will give us our deepest stable of talented backs in many years.

Antwuan
09-16-2012, 10:30 PM
Andre Brown was a beast today.

derekunion28
09-16-2012, 10:31 PM
cb would be my addition if i had choice and yes brown was great....mho

Harooni
09-16-2012, 10:34 PM
I understand brown did good, but as i said lets not act like he is barry sanders all of a sudden. remember they had a 2 score lead and backed the safeties off. A lot of you go off emotions of week to week, but you have to look at it all.

jomo
09-16-2012, 10:44 PM
I understand brown did good, but as i said lets not act like he is barry sanders all of a sudden. remember they had a 2 score lead and backed the safeties off. A lot of you go off emotions of week to week, but you have to look at it all.I agree with you that there is no one in our stable that you can point to and say "great right now." On the other hand, I've always preferred to spend the dough on OL and save money with lesser RB. Let me try it this way. Our OL scares me with their marginal talent and thin bench. I can't say that with the RB's.

Harooni
09-16-2012, 10:46 PM
I agree with you that there is no one in our stable that you can point to and say "great right now." On the other hand, I've always preferred to spend the dough on OL and save money with lesser RB. Let me try it this way. Our OL scares me with their marginal talent and thin bench. I can't say that with the RB's. imo the oline you adress early in drafts over the years. you pick up a guy every year on the first day. RB needs to be a bit special.

miked1958
09-16-2012, 10:50 PM
We are just one RB shy of going all the way. Wilson seems a bit green as of right now. probably should have looked at Bush.No it's not the RB. It's the OLine. It showed today how deadly this offense can be if we get a running game going and Eli gets time to throw. Imagine if he didn't miss AB in endzone and overthrow barden. Could have approached 600 yards and 4/5 tds

CowboysSuck
09-16-2012, 10:58 PM
Harooni you are full of crap. Of all the things that happened today you come on here and claim we are a RB shy from a superbowl run?

Wow ok.

first, we are at least 17 games away from a sb run.

Second, there are many other positions of concern, RB is not even top 5.

Thirdly, we have 4 backs. 1 of them is proven. 1 of them has first round talent potential. 1 of them is slightly proven and played well today against a team that allowed only 10 yd rushing last week. 1 of them is a speester who has upside, weve just never seen him get any playing time.

I know you are just looking for attention and i gave it to you, i bit, and i responded to your ridiculous claim. Yeah, thats right. A RIDICULOUS claim.

miked1958
09-16-2012, 11:00 PM
No it's not the RB. It's the OLine. It showed today how deadly this offense can be if we get a running game going and Eli gets time to throw. Imagine if he didn't miss AB in endzone and overthrow barden. Could have approached 600 yards and 4/5 tdsForgot that Bennett dropped a sure td in endzone. So it would of been 5 tds and close to 600

nhpgiantsfan
09-16-2012, 11:05 PM
imo the oline you adress early in drafts over the years. you pick up a guy every year on the first day. RB needs to be a bit special.

Which one was the special player in 2008? Jacobs, Bradshaw, or Ward? We don't need a RB right now.

If you offered me Darrell Revis or any RB in the league right now, I would take Revis hands down.

RB is not the position that will stand in the way of another SB.

CowboysSuck
09-16-2012, 11:07 PM
What is this crap spam? Do you losers have anything better to do? Wow, like ANYONE is actually going to click on of you're hyperlinks that have NOTHING to do with the topic at hand.

Its sad what the internet is coming to. Preying on elderly folks and young kids who don't know better than to click on that stuff.

Go defecate in your bed and fall asleep on it. Wake up and repeat.

CowboysSuck
09-16-2012, 11:08 PM

Harooni you are full of crap. Of all the things that happened today you come on here and claim we are a RB shy from a superbowl run?

Wow ok.

first, we are at least 17 games away from a sb run.

Second, there are many other positions of concern, RB is not even top 5.

Thirdly, we have 4 backs. 1 of them is proven. 1 of them has first round talent potential. 1 of them is slightly proven and played well today against a team that allowed only 10 yd rushing last week. 1 of them is a speester who has upside, weve just never seen him get any playing time.

I know you are just looking for attention and i gave it to you, i bit, and i responded to your ridiculous claim. Yeah, thats right. A RIDICULOUS claim.

yatitle
09-16-2012, 11:41 PM
Why do people let Harooni get them riled up? The Giants (twice), Green Bay, New Orleans, Pittsburgh(twice), Indy, Tampa Bay and the Pats (3 times). SB winners since 2001. What do they all have in common, none of them had a great back and they all made great SB runs. Sorry Tiki-san the day of the great RB and team success is over.

appodictic
09-17-2012, 12:05 AM
That is so right. Bradshaw will be back and we now have seen some of what Brown is capable of, big strong back. Plus Wilson will develop as the season progresses and along with Scott will give us our deepest stable of talented backs in many years. To be fair the bucks were known for their fast swarming defence line, but they are not known to be strong. It was said before the game by bob papa I think that the way to beat them was to ram it down their throats and that is what they did. I think we did good because DD left to be honest, but brown looked very good, and more impresseively he held high and tight and sometimes covered the ball with both arms. You gotta love it.

tcseacliff
09-17-2012, 01:08 AM
Brown did a great job today. Wilson has some potential, and Bradshaw's probably gonna be usual, play-through-injuries self. If they all play how they can, we have a formidable three-headed running game.

absolutely! a triple threat, always looming! Andre brown stepped up and showed the ability and talent for that position, keep him there!

nycsportzfan
09-17-2012, 01:37 AM
I understand brown did good, but as i said lets not act like he is barry sanders all of a sudden. remember they had a 2 score lead and backed the safeties off. A lot of you go off emotions of week to week, but you have to look at it all. They certainly didn't back the safetys off on the TD run of his and the should of been TD run the play right before.. As u know, shortyardage is a pain for us for yrs, and he got not 1 but 2 TDS in a row short yardage in theory because he could scored the play right before.. He was having good plays throughout.. We lost Bradshaw in the first qter, it wasen't like the bucs thought we were abandoing the run in the first half..

Bottom line, if not anything else, Andre Brown gave us hope that we got a solid RB.. Sure, he could stink and not have any other impact games, but there is hope there..

This is a guy who was a very highly touted RB outta highschool and a respecatable 4th rd pick for us a couple yrs ago, and i've heard rumblings when he was in indy, that they really liked em..etc That tells me the talent is there just waiting for the right situation to present itself, and it could of right here and right now!!!

TheBookOfEli
09-17-2012, 01:47 AM
We are an elite CORNERBACK away from becoming a dynasty.

PRGiant
09-17-2012, 04:33 AM
We are an elite CORNERBACK away from becoming a dynasty.
THIS!!!

Captain Chaos
09-17-2012, 06:24 AM
First post on the new boards. I think we might have that player on the roster in Da'rel Scott, I just think he needs the reps.

Welcome to the boards.

Brown showed that he was more than a scrub and that may be just what we need; solid hands and hit the holes without hesitation. The O line after Double D went down showed some positives as well. I think we may be showing signs of a running attack!

Harooni
09-19-2012, 11:16 PM
yes I know we should have upgraded the oline lb's and could use a cb. but you cant expect reese to account for injuries before the season. what we lost was BJ and now i see he was a big part of both SB runs. he wore out other teams and they had to bring the safeties in to try and slow him down, which helped Eli out a bit.

bbdynasty
09-19-2012, 11:27 PM
They certainly didn't back the safetys off on the TD run of his and the should of been TD run the play right before.. As u know, shortyardage is a pain for us for yrs, and he got not 1 but 2 TDS in a row short yardage in theory because he could scored the play right before.. He was having good plays throughout.. We lost Bradshaw in the first qter, it wasen't like the bucs thought we were abandoing the run in the first half..

Bottom line, if not anything else, Andre Brown gave us hope that we got a solid RB.. Sure, he could stink and not have any other impact games, but there is hope there..

This is a guy who was a very highly touted RB outta highschool and a respecatable 4th rd pick for us a couple yrs ago, and i've heard rumblings when he was in indy, that they really liked em..etc That tells me the talent is there just waiting for the right situation to present itself, and it could of right here and right now!!!

TB let us score so they'd have time for a scoring drive to send it to OT. if we took up all the time and got a FG, its game over

Battyboyy
09-19-2012, 11:29 PM
Why didn't we go shopping for Finnegan in the off season and what about Winslow?? He is a pretty solid TE- I know the pats picked him up but he would have been helpful; Bennett is doing the job but we are thin at TE..

giant-4-life
09-19-2012, 11:41 PM

OMG, it's Harooni! what up man? lol....

BigBlueCrew22
09-19-2012, 11:47 PM
brown is a great running back , i gurantee it, i cant wait till he proves all of you wrong hes going to be awesome watch. sometimes this is how you find great players through injuries look at brady, how do you know this kid isnt good he has never got a shot he does good every preseason in fact i dont understand how he didnt make the team last year he loooked good then to, sometimes this staff sucks..with certain things esp our trainers cuz jesus we are always hurt, but now we have brown im telling you i promise every body this kid is great. and he will be huge tomorrow night against the kitty cats.

BigBlueCrew22
09-19-2012, 11:49 PM
we would of been a SB run team with a healthy terrel thomas but hes a *****

nycsportzfan
09-20-2012, 02:48 AM
TB let us score so they'd have time for a scoring drive to send it to OT. if we took up all the time and got a FG, its game over Either way, he was bursting through the interior on more then a few occasions.. U do realize he got 71yrds on like 12carries or something, right? Also, he can catch the ball, and u won't see easy drops like Wilson had.. Andre Brown has a chance to be a Rodney Hampton type RB, or he can be a bust, but hes at least giving us some hope.. I know i'm excited to see em tommorow..

Rusty192
09-20-2012, 03:12 AM
Didn't we just win the SB with supposed lack of talent at RB?

TheEnigma
09-20-2012, 03:26 AM
We are a few really great offensive linemen from becoming a consistent powerhouse team in this league. If our offense could move the ball on the ground like the Saints did last year in addition to what we already do in the air with Nicks and Cruz, the defense wouldn't really matter all that much with the points we would be putting up.

joemorrisforprez
09-20-2012, 03:44 AM
The board is just a couple Haroonis away from being a truly awesome board.

Rat_bastich
09-20-2012, 04:30 AM
Consistency is our biggest hurdle to being a powerhouse. We are up and down from game to game and sometimes our offense is our strength and sometimes our defense is. We need all aspects of the team to show up on a consistent basis.

Harooni
10-01-2012, 01:32 AM
again I will say we miss BJ more than we knew. and we never really replaced what he brought to the table.

Redeyejedi
10-01-2012, 01:36 AM
again I will say we miss BJ more than we knew. and we never really replaced what he brought to the table.he didnt run well against the eagles since 2008.Giants have run well once against them in 4 seasons guess which game, the 1 they won

Harooni
10-01-2012, 01:40 AM
he didnt run well against the eagles since 2008.Giants have run well once against them in 4 seasons guess which game, the 1 they won But it was more than just sheer yards, he wore defenses down, they often had to bring a safety in the box just because of his size and this opened up the pass.