PDA

View Full Version : So its agreed then? Beatty/Boothe/Baas/Snee/Lockler

giantsfan420
09-17-2012, 12:21 AM
I thought the OL looked much more capable and in control of the trenches. DD is a trooper, great all time giant. and i wish him a speedy recovery if hes hurt, but he should give us quality depth and not be a starter.
i also feel that when we went to the pass with more frequency, it really opened up the run game. it seemed from the start we wanted the pass to setup the run, and it did. TB has a very good defense imho, esp vs the run. they held carolina to TEN TOTAL YARDS RUSHING....all game! much improved OL unit and I look forward to seeing this unit gel bc it looked pretty good imho

Toadofsteel
09-17-2012, 12:22 AM
As much as I love the guy, I think DD is done as a starting tackle... A healthy Beatty and Locklear opposite him is what we wanted to start the season with, and with that we have much better O-line play...

ny06
09-17-2012, 12:26 AM
I liked what I saw from those 5. Beatty seemed to play better as he got more into the game, understandable since he has not played a full game in months. Another thing that should be mentioned is Kevin Gilbride stayed with the run, something the Panthers abandoned last week.

BurnerNYG
09-17-2012, 12:32 AM
You can't compare our game to the Carolina game... they're division rivals. Just like how Dallas shut us down. Although Tampa has a new staff, they still build their teams first and foremost to counter and gameplan against their division. I knew our Oline wasn't that bad... Dallas just had our number and prepared all summer for us.

RichardMc
09-17-2012, 12:33 AM
I will reserve judgement I suppose until I see the coaches film on Wenesday. But just watching on television it seemed like Brown was quicker at hitting the POA than Bradshaw has been. But it may be the OL giving him room to run that Bradshaw didn't have last week. Can't wait until Wednesday.

TrueBlue@NYC
09-17-2012, 12:50 AM
I will reserve judgement I suppose until I see the coaches film on Wenesday. But just watching on television it seemed like Brown was quicker at hitting the POA than Bradshaw has been. But it may be the OL giving him room to run that Bradshaw didn't have last week. Can't wait until Wednesday.

I think it had more to do with DD going down pretty much right after AB did. Line looked much better with Beatty at LT and Locklear at RT. Though, to be fair TB doesn't have a single player as dynamic as Demarcus Ware.

Giant stuck in Texas
09-17-2012, 01:20 AM
cosigned............

SackingMyths
09-17-2012, 01:26 AM
Looks good to me

flimflam
09-17-2012, 01:29 AM

During the game it looked like big running lanes were being opened up, and the line was getting a surge. I think we've found our starting O line with this unit.

With that said, it is nice to see our 4th round pick has come back full circle, recovered from hsi terrible injury, and is a perfect replacement for BJ. I had high hopes for Andre Brown when we first drafted him. The guy is a big back, and it just makes our RB corps all the more deeper.

bbdynasty
09-17-2012, 02:17 AM
absolutely, our run game was so much better this week. which certainly helped our passing game, which helped the run again, which helped the pass again, and so on.. its ESSENTIAL that we keep this line, who had great chemistry and actually got a push for once

PRGiant
09-17-2012, 04:28 AM
I was happy for Brown too, he got a ring finally made it work, hope he keeps it up! I also hope we keep this OL for a couple of games and see what we got.

Captain Chaos
09-17-2012, 06:26 AM
Agree! It will be interesting to see how they do against the Panther's; not nearly as stout as TB. I for one am looking forward to this game!

ryan12
09-17-2012, 09:59 AM
i was the one saying the line didnt look that bad week 1 its was slow *** bradshaw. the line looked really good today kept eli clean for the most part opened holes and played like men

Kruunch
09-17-2012, 10:06 AM
I thought the OL looked much more capable and in control of the trenches. DD is a trooper, great all time giant. and i wish him a speedy recovery if hes hurt, but he should give us quality depth and not be a starter.
i also feel that when we went to the pass with more frequency, it really opened up the run game. it seemed from the start we wanted the pass to setup the run, and it did. TB has a very good defense imho, esp vs the run. they held carolina to TEN TOTAL YARDS RUSHING....all game! much improved OL unit and I look forward to seeing this unit gel bc it looked pretty good imho

Tampa has a crappy pass rush. Let's see what this line does against a team that actually rushes well.

ryan12
09-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Tampa has a crappy pass rush. Let's see what this line does against a team that actually rushes well.

i disagree so does cam newton

burier
09-17-2012, 12:01 PM
But what is wrong with our ability to access talent? We should have known that David Diehl COULD NOT play RT.

Its ridiculous that we would try to start him there...And then on top of that I have no faith at all that once he's cleared to play that we will have the good sense to leave him on the bench.

NYKiller
09-17-2012, 12:07 PM
It's still too early. That group needs to be tested some more, especially against a good defensive line to see the weakness and strength. With that said, I don't like Boothe and David Diehl, I think David deal might be slightly better at the guard position, but they BOTH SUCK AT THE TACKLE POSITON.

Giants5699
09-17-2012, 12:11 PM
Diehl's age caught up to him. Some guys age faster than others. He's had a great career, but for him, he needs to hang up the cleats and go play golf.

nycisgreat
09-17-2012, 12:17 PM
Honestly, I would still prefer to see Mitch Petrus on the line. The games he played last season our run game was on.

ryan12
09-17-2012, 12:20 PM
Honestly, I would still prefer to see Mitch Petrus on the line. The games he played last season our run game was on.

did you watch the preseason? petrus played awful

moosedrool
09-17-2012, 12:34 PM

Petrus is a decent run blocker but an awful pass blocker. Keeping Eli healthy is more important.

TrueBlue@NYC
09-17-2012, 12:40 PM
But what is wrong with our ability to access talent? We should have known that David Diehl COULD NOT play RT.

Its ridiculous that we would try to start him there...And then on top of that I have no faith at all that once he's cleared to play that we will have the good sense to leave him on the bench.

Don't know what you're talking about here. The only reason DD was starting at RT was b/c Beatty was hurt. The whole reason they picked up Locklear was to compete for the starting RT job.

However, I will admit that I thought DD would translate as a much better RT than he was a LT.

burier
09-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Don't know what you're talking about here. The only reason DD was starting at RT was b/c Beatty was hurt. The whole reason they picked up Locklear was to compete for the starting RT job.

However, I will admit that I thought DD would translate as a much better RT than he was a LT.

You lost me with the Beatty comment. It was speculated over the summer that Diehl might end up starting at RT and I knew that wouldn't work. Regardless of injuries Diehl should have never been considered as an option at RT.

He can play LT because even though he can't handle speed rushers he's also no required to move anyone out in our running game at that spot. At Right Tackle he's still gonna have to deal with speed rushers and he's going to have to Move someone in the run game which he can't do.

That's all.

TrueBlue@NYC
09-17-2012, 12:53 PM
You lost me with the Beatty comment. It was speculated over the summer that Diehl might end up starting at RT and I knew that wouldn't work. Regardless of injuries Diehl should have never been considered as an option at RT.

He can play LT because even though he can't handle speed rushers he's also no required to move anyone out in our running game at that spot. At Right Tackle he's still gonna have to deal with speed rushers and he's going to have to Move someone in the run game which he can't do.

That's all.

They considered DD an option at RT because his skill set translated better to that side where you can be more of a road grader since you usually have help on the strong side. And they obviously didn't have complete faith in DD or they wouldnt have picked up locklear and drafted two OTs'.

BlueJayC
09-17-2012, 01:00 PM
Beatty runs weak routes and has bad hands other than that he's a solid tackle.....

moosedrool
09-17-2012, 01:08 PM
Beatty runs weak routes and has bad hands other than that he's a solid tackle.....

LOL...how did Eli not see Bradshaw on that play?

jax5338
09-17-2012, 01:11 PM
idk, beatty might have a future as a TE with those hands

CowboysSuck
09-17-2012, 01:18 PM

Combination of both. Line played better, Brown is more of a downhill runner.

Everything is a cause and effect of something else. Lets just hope we can do (offensively) EXACTLY what we did vs Tampa minus the 3 INTS. If we do that, we score 50 points and no team in the league comes close to beating us.

burier
09-17-2012, 01:19 PM
They considered DD an option at RT because his skill set translated better to that side where you can be more of a road grader since you usually have help on the strong side. And they obviously didn't have complete faith in DD or they wouldnt have picked up locklear and drafted two OTs'.

Well thats my point. His skill set doesn't translate to right tackle at all and he is not a road grader at all. He can't even play LG at this point.

NYKiller
09-18-2012, 11:09 AM
OK, so I'm watching Bucks vs. Giants replay and first quarter right at the 8th minute mark, shows just how bad David Deihl is. If Coughlin start this guy again after he return from his injury, I'm going to make a very angry thread about Coughlin. I will indeed live up to my name. David Deihl is not even good enough to be a backup Tackle. He can't handle quick and fast pass rushers. The guys listed in the title of this thread is currently the best available.

And on defense, Mathias Kiwanuka must be replace by Keith Rivers when he returns. The play where Martin scored the TD shows Mathias looking like an old man running out there. I really think the coaching staff ignore some of the weaknesses of these players because of LOYALTY.

gumby74
09-18-2012, 01:13 PM
I missed part of the game. All I know is that Andre Brown looked like the man out there. Now was that a product of the reshuffled oline> Or was it Andre Brown?

burier
09-18-2012, 01:23 PM
I missed part of the game. All I know is that Andre Brown looked like the man out there. Now was that a product of the reshuffled oline> Or was it Andre Brown?

Haven't seen the game yet but how much of Brown's success could have come from the fact that TB was completely confused and and falling over themselves trying to get the passing game under control?

RoanokeFan
09-18-2012, 01:23 PM
I liked what I saw from those 5. Beatty seemed to play better as he got more into the game, understandable since he has not played a full game in months. Another thing that should be mentioned is Kevin Gilbride stayed with the run, something the Panthers abandoned last week.

Abandoning the run really is a last resort and now that we've seen some light at the end of the "where's the running game?" tunnel, we might be discussing this for a while.

giantsfan420
09-18-2012, 01:51 PM
burier-yeah i think thats what it was. the pass game was opening up the run. we werent going overboard with the rush attempts. we were generally passing heavily. that opened up the shotgun draw and also wore the TB DL out imo

gumby74
09-18-2012, 01:55 PM
Haven't seen the game yet but how much of Brown's success could have come from the fact that TB was completely confused and and falling over themselves trying to get the passing game under control? Yeah I guess we'll see with Bradshaw out. But my gut feeling right now is that if Bradshaw isn't having much success, i don't see Wilson either. Brown is a different type of runner, so he might.