PDA

View Full Version : Should have signed Bennett

KillaRich
09-17-2012, 12:02 AM
To a multi-year deal.... I know he had a couple of bad plays....but hes a player man..... This is going to be one expensive offense

giantsfan420
09-17-2012, 12:13 AM
we'll extend him before the season ends if i had to guess...aint no way they wanna let a guy of his caliber get away he can complete this offense

BillTheGreek
09-17-2012, 12:33 AM
I Aways said he was a Keeper ! Give him a chance and he will Deliver ! The Bucs were twice good as the Cowboys and we Beat them ! The G-men had an off day against the Cowboys.........We will take care of them, next time we meet !and they will be sorry to see Bennett .

GO GIANTS !

I'll take 5
09-17-2012, 01:47 AM
Disagree. He's a talented guy, but he's got to be more consistent before Jerry Reese resigns him. Gotta catch the ball more consistently

bbdynasty
09-17-2012, 02:06 AM
he'll probably get extended if he keeps this up, no need to worry

PRGiant
09-17-2012, 03:21 AM
He's looking good but he missed a couple of easy ones. Maybe I got accustomed to Ballards soft hands...

Captain Chaos
09-17-2012, 05:30 AM
I like Bennett, but he was not a sure thing coming out of Dallas, I think Reese did the responsible thing. That said if he continues to get a TD a game he will be a superstar by the end of the season!

giantsfam04
09-17-2012, 06:38 AM
The question is are the Giants willing to accept the inconsistent hands for moments of brilliance. I hope his inconsistent hands don't cause us a game down the road, he dropped one sure td and the second would have been a great catch but still makeable. IMO no way I extend him now I would like to see more consistent play.

BillTheGreek
09-17-2012, 07:09 AM
He's looking good but he missed a couple of easy ones. Maybe I got accustomed to Ballards soft hands...
True ,.............Yes he missed a easy one, but he caught the one that won the game for us........Cruz, as good as he is, missed 3 easy passes last week against the CowGirls......It happens.......I say give him a chance to prove himself, he's a new Giant. BTW * I Like Ballard, but I like Bennett just a little more.

LETS FACE IT WHAT EVER WORKS IS OK !**********GO GIANTS !

GMan-67
09-17-2012, 07:09 AM
so, we shoulda spent more money for him????? isnt the goal to spend the least amount of money

i think we made a great deal, his own team couldnt recognize his talent

GMENAGAIN
09-17-2012, 07:11 AM
lol . . . . he's played two games and had one nice catch and a lot of brutal drops. Let's take it easy.

BillTheGreek
09-17-2012, 07:26 AM
The question is are the Giants willing to accept the inconsistent hands for moments of brilliance. I hope his inconsistent hands don't cause us a game down the road, he dropped one sure td and the second would have been a great catch but still makeable. IMO no way I extend him now I would like to see more consistent play.

Cruz, as good as he is, missed 3 easy passes last week against the CowGirls......It happens.......I say give Bennett a chance to prove himself, it's his first time as a Giant. He did catch the game winning ball Sunday............he also caught one, for a TD against the Cowgirls. One per game so far .

GameTime
09-17-2012, 08:09 AM
he catches the ball too close to his body, and face mask, he need to get his hands out and on the ball. He misses some easy stuff. I do like him and I think he improves as the season progresses......

Kruunch
09-17-2012, 08:16 AM
Disagree. He's a talented guy, but he's got to be more consistent before Jerry Reese resigns him. Gotta catch the ball more consistently

+1 ... can't be dropping those balls if you want to be paid.

JimC
09-17-2012, 08:44 AM
lol . . . . he's played two games and had one nice catch and a lot of brutal drops. Let's take it easy.

THIS !!!!!!!

BigBlue1971
09-17-2012, 09:02 AM
To a multi-year deal.... I know he had a couple of bad plays....but hes a player man..... This is going to be one expensive offense

we got a long ways to go in this season. while Marty B is inconsistent right now his upside is better than i expected!

if he continues to play like he did in the 2nd half yesterday he will get a contract worth a few bucks.

he can be a beast in this offense!

TroyArcher
09-17-2012, 10:15 AM

Please, lets keep it clean.

NYKiller
09-17-2012, 10:32 AM
The giants need to focus more on their defense (weakness as of now, I need to make a thread later) and less on their offense (Don't need a high price/pro bowl type TE with the way Eli is playing, just a decent one).

KillaRich
09-17-2012, 10:35 AM
Please, lets keep it clean.

lol!

Moke
09-17-2012, 10:39 AM
Does anyone think if he can slim down and get a little faster, that he'd be on the same level as Aaron Hernandez?

RoanokeFan
09-17-2012, 10:59 AM
To a multi-year deal.... I know he had a couple of bad plays....but hes a player man..... This is going to be one expensive offense They can offer him an extension if he deserves it.

ryan12
09-17-2012, 11:22 AM
lets worry about locking up cruz nicks and jpp

ryan12
09-17-2012, 11:25 AM
Does anyone think if he can slim down and get a little faster, that he'd be on the same level as Aaron Hernandez?

cmon mike you cant be serious

ryan12
09-17-2012, 02:32 PM
mike please tell me you meant to put that in red

Giantsfan241
09-17-2012, 02:40 PM
How many drops did he have? Too many.

Moke
09-17-2012, 02:56 PM
mike please tell me you meant to put that in red

It was a question for the people to answer. I was thinking, if he was a little quicker, he'd be a very good player... maybe even on Hernandez level.

G-MENBK
09-17-2012, 02:58 PM
Let's see how he progresses - and that's if he progresses - this season. Some missed catches and he does have a slight immaturity problem. So, what we have is a hybrid of Boss and Shockey.

ryan12
09-17-2012, 03:01 PM
It was a question for the people to answer. I was thinking, if he was a little quicker, he'd be a very good player... maybe even on Hernandez level.

they line up hernandez as a rb would you do that with the black unicorn?

Moke
09-17-2012, 03:10 PM
they line up hernandez as a rb would you do that with the black unicorn?

Like I said, if he was skinnier and quicker.

I wouldn't line him up as a RB right NOW

giant-4-life
09-17-2012, 03:28 PM
the whole issue with M.B. isn't him. the cowboys obviously didn't get on him with the butter hands so he went on as usual..and got paid!the Gmen need to sit this guy down and show him where his weaknesses are.. really let it sink in.

If he's a guy that really can see the truth, he might come around.

GMan-67
09-17-2012, 03:33 PM
every dog .... errr even a shiny dog ... ummm sometimes your the telephone poll, sometimes your the sun ... hmmmm ... my dog had a nice day

i love his talent, but come on, do we want to mortgage our franchise on this dude, we made a very appropriate signing for a very appropriate amount and let's enjoy him for this season and then go from there, this is a week to week league, so trying to think 3 years down the road is crazy