PDA

View Full Version : Eli's Uncanny Deep Ball Accuracy

wado1
09-17-2012, 12:31 AM
I haven't seen this talked about alot but his deep ball accuracy could be the best in the league right now. He has amazing touch especially on those sideline go routes. He hit Cruz in stride on that 80 yard bomb and he hit Nicks in stride several times.

DemandedAce
09-17-2012, 12:47 AM
It's actually one of the things the talking heads really consistently give him credit for. When it comes to going deep (especially in the fourth quarter) no one does it better

GiantGremlin
09-17-2012, 01:10 AM
I haven't seen this talked about alot but his deep ball accuracy could be the best in the league right now. He has amazing touch especially on those sideline go routes. He hit Cruz in stride on that 80 yard bomb and he hit Nicks in stride several times.

It's a think of beauty to watch...keep letting him air it out baby!!

bbdynasty
09-17-2012, 01:14 AM
he'd better, we really need the big play. actually... if it were'nt for 2 end zone drops we wouldv'e been fine all game, but w/e

davepc
09-17-2012, 01:20 AM
The best pass he ever threw was dropped. He hit Hixon in stride in the hands against the Eagles a game or two after Plax shot himself. That was the real end of that season.

this game: http://articles.nydailynews.com/2008-12-07/sports/17911873_1_giants-wound-eli-manning-plaxico-burress

Eli threw the pass from his own 9 and it hit Hixon's hands, IN STRIDE, around the Eagles 25.

TheBookOfEli
09-17-2012, 01:40 AM
I agree with letting Eli airing it out. Watching Eli and the offense play that way is a thing of beauty.

bbdynasty
09-17-2012, 01:44 AM
not to mention, this was a good secondary we played against. 3 int's aside (although i know you can't really put them aside..) eli had 510 passing yards. .. unheard of for a giants fan the past 20 years. crazy stuff, very encouraging imo

Syverce
09-17-2012, 04:25 AM
If only we didnt need all 510 of them.

Captain Chaos
09-17-2012, 05:06 AM
He's got the tools, Nicks and Cruz and possibly Bennett can get down there and shown they can get the ball. If one of them gets single coverage they have shown they can make the Catch!

GCGiant
09-17-2012, 06:06 AM
I think one of Eli's greatest attributes is that he is able to forget bad plays very quickly and turn things around more often than not, it seems.

I will not lie. Yesterday, after the 3rd pick, in which 2 were squarely on Eli...if you would have told me at that time Eli would even be considered for player of the week or game MVP, (which they don't actually have for a regular season game)...I would be very much interested in making a deal for a lot of the stuff you were smoking!

fansince69
09-17-2012, 06:24 AM
If only we didnt need all 510 of them.

Simms threw for over 500 (513 I think)and we lost....the point is that when you are forced to throw that often.....you usually do need everyone of them

B-Red22
09-17-2012, 06:25 AM
if you remember on America's game Tuck talks about asking Eli how he knows where to throw the ball and how much to put on it, eli responded by saying " I just throw it and trust my arm is gonna put it there." Nuts how accurate Eli can be sometimes on those throws

GCGiant
09-17-2012, 07:06 AM
Having been an "Archie" fan growing up, it was natural that I was curious about his kids. Having seen both him and Peyton, I was curious to see Eli play in college. He stepped into a game that was out of hand in the 4th qtr. against WV in a bowl game as a freshmen at Ole Miss and within moments had bombed the Rebels back into the game. It was one of those "too little too late" scenarios, but the thing that was most impressive while watching that performance was the beauty of that long ball. I remember making a comment similar to Viper's in Top Gun, saying to myself, "Damn...this kid's good!"

JimC
09-17-2012, 08:49 AM
Having been an "Archie" fan growing up, it was natural that I was curious about his kids. Having seen both him and Peyton, I was curious to see Eli play in college. He stepped into a game that was out of hand in the 4th qtr. against WV in a bowl game as a freshmen at Ole Miss and within moments had bombed the Rebels back into the game. It was one of those "too little too late" scenarios, but the thing that was most impressive while watching that performance was the beauty of that long ball. I remember making a comment similar to Viper's in Top Gun, saying to myself, "Damn...this kid's good!"

When he's got it going....he is FUN to watch.

JPizzack
09-17-2012, 09:13 AM
The lob to Nicks was perfectly timed, perfectly placed, and perfectly thrown. Perfect.

FlipU4Real
09-17-2012, 09:22 AM
he's no Dave Brown, but he'll do...

no seriously though i'd been waiting around for what 12 years (?) for a qb that could throw the ball like Eli can. Collins wasn't too shabby, but far too inaccurate.

ryan12
09-17-2012, 09:28 AM
eli is the man

gumby74
09-17-2012, 09:33 AM
Prior to 2011, Eli wasn't exactly known as an accurate passer. However, now it seems he's entering the prime of his career - similar to when Brady and Brees turned it on.

Diamondring
09-17-2012, 09:36 AM
If only we didnt need all 510 of them.I like the 510 yards but I hate those ints. Now if it was one, then alright.

Giantfan #10
09-17-2012, 09:39 AM
I think this has always been overlooked!! He's always had the deep ball accuracy. And he now has the most passing yards in the league also