PDA

View Full Version : GIVE CORDLE HIS DUE!

nycsportzfan
09-17-2012, 01:58 AM
seriously, this guy can play! Redeye and myself both actually pointed out the fact we thoght he was a UDF to watch and i think we might of found our next Rich Seubert type lineman! I hope he starts in Dave Diehls spot, because i honestly believe hes the real deal and is gonna be a steal, and yet another great find as a UDF by reese..

bbdynasty
09-17-2012, 02:00 AM
forget that have him start for baas lol

G4L
09-17-2012, 02:14 AM
I wasn't able to watch the game today. How did Cordle find his way onto the field?

nycsportzfan
09-17-2012, 03:30 AM
I wasn't able to watch the game today. How did Cordle find his way onto the field? David Diehl was injured.. I honestly think its gonna be for the better.. THe Oline looked solid after he was gone.. Obviously the Pass Blocking was outter worldly, and Andre Brown was great inside, and teh blocking on some of his runs reminded me of the Seubert, Oh'ara, Snee trio interior that was so solid for yrs..

I'll take 5
09-17-2012, 03:35 AM
forget that have him start for baas lol from your lips...

bbdynasty
09-17-2012, 03:38 AM
from your lips...

That's not a serious statement, jsyk, although he was pretty impressive, I doubt very much that the coaches somehow missed his ability and kept starting someone worse this entire time... but cordle has some strength and is clearly good depth, from what we saw this game at least

nycsportzfan
09-17-2012, 03:49 AM
That's not a serious statement, jsyk, although he was pretty impressive, I doubt very much that the coaches somehow missed his ability and kept starting someone worse this entire time... but cordle has some strength and is clearly good depth, from what we saw this game at least huh? Nah man, hes a UDF.. Same with Cruz.. Same as Seubert.. Same as Chase Blackburn.....etc Guys slip through the cracks all the time.. Theres tons of players who would be good but never got a shot and basically some luck.. If ur a guy like Cordle, u have to perform well pretty much right away and u better hope u don't make any stand out mistakes(everyone makes them).. Its not diffrent then drafting guys in the first rd and they su-ck and then ur 7th rder ends up being Ahmad Bradshaw(oh wait??lol).. Cordle is good..

DVision
09-17-2012, 04:14 AM
Didn't Cordle only played like 1 series! That was because they slid Boothe to RT when Diehl first went down. They then slid Locklear to RT and Beatty played LT on the next series if I'm not mistaken.

Captain Chaos
09-17-2012, 06:34 AM
Didn't Cordle only played like 1 series! That was because they slid Boothe to RT when Diehl first went down. They then slid Locklear to RT and Beatty played LT on the next series if I'm not mistaken.

That's the way I saw it as well....

ozzie0075
09-17-2012, 08:47 AM

Cordle came in for the series Diehl got hurt. The next series they put Beatty at LT and Locklear and RT. The oline looked much better after that.

egyptian420
09-17-2012, 08:49 AM
I didn't really focus on his individual performance but I'll tell you what, as soon as Diehl came out of that game, our run game and pass protection improved big time.

RoanokeFan
09-17-2012, 08:51 AM
Cordle came in for the series Diehl got hurt. The next series they put Beatty at LT and Locklear and RT. The oline looked much better after that.

This may well be the personnel line-up moving forward depending on Diehl's injury status

Redeyejedi
09-17-2012, 09:22 AM
I liked Cordle because he was versatile and Tough, At Ohio State he started at all 5 spots along the Offensive line and had experience as a long snapper making him a perfect Back up lineman. He played the National Title game snapping with his off hand because his snapping hand was broken.I dont think he is necessarily a starter but having a guy that played everywhere at a program like Ohio State is a valuable when u only have 53 guys

Redeyejedi
09-17-2012, 09:28 AM
This may well be the personnel line-up moving forward depending on Diehl's injury statusIt should be no matter what the status is. Thats the 5 best lineman they have.

RoanokeFan
09-17-2012, 09:34 AM
It should be no matter what the status is. Thats the 5 best lineman they have. And yet Diehl has been starting. Cordle sounds a lot like DD in terms of versatility

Redeyejedi
09-17-2012, 09:42 AM
And yet Diehl has been starting. Cordle sounds a lot like DD in terms oc versatilityCoughlin is fiercely loyal its something I like about him but he has been struggling for a long time now

TheEnigma
09-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Choosing the starters for the offensive line has never really been a strong suit for this coaching staff imo. Do recall when O'Hara was reinserted in the lineup late in the 2010 season and the Oline got worse as a result.

Speaking of Oline, I gotta admit that I miss Koets. He was a really good player who just couldn't stay healthy.

titwio
09-17-2012, 09:53 AM
I'm going to re-watch the game later today but I thought the Giants went with Locklear at RT and Beatty at LT... I know I saw Cordle right after Diehl got hurt but I thought they went back to those two (Locklear, Beatty).

Anyway the line did look a lot better after Diehl went down. I just hope it lasts cause they probably looked better only because they were fresher. But I do like Locklear at RT....When I re-watch the game I'll pay more attention to how Cordle looked.

TheAnalyst
09-17-2012, 10:15 AM
Baas was horrible once again. I saw many times him being pushed and bullied into the backfield with a single DT. Not good.

Kruunch
09-17-2012, 10:27 AM
Wow talk about your puppy dog love for the fourth stringer. He was in the game for like 15 seconds lol.

GMENAGAIN
09-17-2012, 11:02 AM
Didn't Cordle play only a few downs?

GMENAGAIN
09-17-2012, 11:03 AM
Baas was horrible once again. I saw many times him being pushed and bullied into the backfield with a single DT. Not good.

What NT was bullying him around?

nycsportzfan
09-17-2012, 11:12 AM
That's the way I saw it as well.... ya i goofed and mixed em up with David Baas.. I watched the game on my 13inch T.V because my big T.V was all Messed up.. I'm a idiot..lol I could of sworn i seen number 63 in there making sweet blocks the entire 2nd half..lol

nycsportzfan
09-17-2012, 11:13 AM
What NT was bullying him around? Baas was awesome! THats who i kept mixing up with Cordle, which is who i thought i was giving praise to on this thread... But it had to of been baas..

nycsportzfan
09-17-2012, 11:15 AM
And yet Diehl has been starting. Cordle sounds a lot like DD in terms of versatility I think Cordle is very Seubert like with versatility,e ven though Seubet wasen't ever messing with Tackle like Cordle, but he as Seubet was is a UDF and i think will stick around awhile..

tonyt830
09-17-2012, 02:58 PM
Yeah depending the length of time Diehl is going to miss, I also agree that we will see Beatty at LT and Locklear at RT. I too remember seeing how Cordle played well at Ohio St. Its good that he is versatile. And I too saw that he came in for that short stint when Diehl first went down. But I think he will continue to back-up Baas at C and can fill in, if needed at either G position.

I think the O-line made good adjustments. If Im correct I dont think Eli was sacked the entire game? Plus they were opening up some decent holes for Brown in the 2nd half. I think Baas will continue to improve.