PDA

View Full Version : So what's the gameplan for Carolina?

BurnerNYG
09-17-2012, 02:26 AM
A short week against a team who likes to run and has a QB that can beat you with his arm as well as his legs. We can't compare Cam to Vick because Cam actually looks to pass and reads the defense before he takes off running. A defense that looks improved from last season. An explosive receiver in Smith, good pass catching tight end, a good rb in Williams and a cast of good role players lIke Lafell who does theIr jobs well.

Nicks looked like he was lImpIng and re-aggravated his foot so I wonder how much he'll be able to contribute. This game wIth Tampa was a battle and we're traveling down to NC on a short week and playing a primetime game so I'm wondering if we'll be prepared for an unorthodoxed offense like Carolina's with little time to prepare.

bbdynasty
09-17-2012, 02:35 AM
we'll be alright imo. the carolina defense is just terrbile, i think steve smith will give us problems, but our DE's are athletic and wary enough to contain newton imo

TheBookOfEli
09-17-2012, 02:35 AM
Hope and pray that Fewell doesn't put Tryon on Steve Smith. And hope that Cam Newton comes down with a bad stomach bug right before game time.

ELI_Iz_God
09-17-2012, 02:36 AM
A short week against a team who likes to run and has a QB that can beat you with his arm as well as his legs. We can't compare Cam to Vick because Cam actually looks to pass and reads the defense before he takes off running. A defense that looks improved from last season. An explosive receiver in Smith, good pass catching tight end, a good rb in Williams and a cast of good role players lIke Lafell who does theIr jobs well.

Nicks looked like he was lImpIng and re-aggravated his foot so I wonder how much he'll be able to contribute. This game wIth Tampa was a battle and we're traveling down to NC on a short week and playing a primetime game so I'm wondering if we'll be prepared for an unorthodoxed offense like Carolina's with little time to prepare.

JPP Meet CAM...CAM meet...*JPP slams Cam to the turf"...oh I see you already met

bbdynasty
09-17-2012, 02:40 AM
remember its only cam's second year. he's still not so disciplined, and will likely take off running too early anyway. we'll get to him i think

giantsfan420
09-17-2012, 02:41 AM
same as it always is; vertical pass game and pass rush. seeing as how tuck and osi have been on vacation the first 2 weeks, they should really give us some help. see us continuing the 2nd half like we did last season vs STL when eli had that awesome second half vs STL then followed it up with a 4 td 0 int game vs philly...see us winning by 11 even tho i believe cam will have a very good day.

GiantGremlin
we'll be alright imo. the carolina defense is just terrbile, i think steve smith will give us problems, but our DE's are athletic and wary enough to contain newton imo

The schedule is super unbalanced to start to say the least - I'm not too worried about the offense, although we don't know what Bradshaw's status is or if Brown will be able to repeat what he did today, but in regard to our D, they had a tough time with Romo so you'd have to expect Newton to be able to do the same thing...The DE's have to really step it up big time...I think they'll win, because Philly is looming thereafter and don't want to go in 1-2,..just have to hope that they don't look past this game though either.

BlueSanta
We have to use the same gameplan as we do vs the Eagles. they are somewhat similar teams. Good rushing attack, mobile qb who likes to make big plays to his deep threat wr.

Use disciplined passrushing lanes. Do not give up contain on defense. We have to get pressure with our front 4.

On offense take advantage of their overagressive Lbs. Use counters, draws and play action.

bbdynasty
09-17-2012, 02:46 AM
let's hope rivers is in, we'll need someone with his athleticism. Chase had a good game today imo, reading plays and whatnot. say what you will about the guy, but he's always there where the ball is..

BurnerNYG
09-17-2012, 02:49 AM
I saw a few times in yesterday's game where Freeman could've ran right up the middle. If they give Cam room like that... all the D-line's gonna see is the back of his jersey. We'll be getting Carolina's biggest punch this week and they're dangerous so they better not look past this team.

bbdynasty
09-17-2012, 02:50 AM
different team, different gameplan. also, austin will play hopefully

BurnerNYG
09-17-2012, 03:12 AM
we'll be alright imo. the carolina defense is just terrbile, i think steve smith will give us problems, but our DE's are athletic and wary enough to contain newton imoI think their defense is improved, they had a lot of guys injured last year. I just see a few match up problems especially with the way our secondary is playing. I think we're gonna have to put a lInebacker spy on Newton which is gonna free up a back or tight end. The Panthers run a lot of options and most of Cam and Williams runs are up the middle so we gotta be careful over pursuing on the edges.

bbdynasty
09-17-2012, 03:16 AM
I think their defense is improved, they had a lot of guys injured last year. I just see a few match up problems especially with the way our secondary is playing. I think we're gonna have to put a lInebacker spy on Newton which is gonna free up a back or tight end. The Panthers run a lot of options and most of Cam and Williams runs are up the middle so we gotta be careful over pursuing on the edges.

I agree about the edges.. i think with the runs up the middle, austin's presence will be helpful to keep our DTs' legs fresh

talbot
09-17-2012, 03:21 AM
Stop the run. Run the ball. No turnovers. Take the ball away.

BurnerNYG
09-17-2012, 03:22 AM
I agree about the edges.. i think with the runs up the middle, austin's presence will be helpful to keep our DTs' legs freshI need to see Austin play some football before I can label him anything but just another body.

BurnerNYG
09-17-2012, 03:25 AM
same as it always is; vertical pass game and pass rush. seeing as how tuck and osi have been on vacation the first 2 weeks, they should really give us some help. see us continuing the 2nd half like we did last season vs STL when eli had that awesome second half vs STL then followed it up with a 4 td 0 int game vs philly...see us winning by 11 even tho i believe cam will have a very good day.I hope you're right. I do like our chances on the road. We just gotta watch Smitty... he always kills us.

bbdynasty
09-17-2012, 03:27 AM
i think we're finally fired up after this win, maybe getting our heads on straight. That was an impressive 2nd half, nobody can deny

bbdynasty
09-17-2012, 03:28 AM
oh and our oline? without deihl? way way better somehow...

gmenfan0488
09-17-2012, 03:31 AM
Contain Newton, watch for smith, and stop the run on defense. I think our offense will be fine and continue momentum from the Bucs game, so as long as we don't turn the ball over, we should win this.

ELI_HOF_NYG
09-17-2012, 03:38 AM
I think steve smith got hurt?

dnotch121
09-17-2012, 04:16 AM
Our secondary will get lit up. Our front 4 still doesnt know the season started. Cam will have a good game, clean pocket and lots of lanes to run. Eli will put the points up but defense will keep this thing close. I hope Prince, Hosely, Coe and Austin will be at full strength cuz Tryon is NOT the answer

Captain Chaos
09-17-2012, 06:32 AM
I think it will be a high scoring affair, think we have a more high powered O!

BillTheGreek
09-17-2012, 07:51 AM
TampaBay just barley beat them.....so look for a repeat of Sundays game, BTW They Beat NO.....there not Great........but they are good !.....We have a few more weapons then them , NEED I name them ! Plus it's a road game. We also have to shut down Cam & double cover Smith.Then I think we get our Win !

GO GIANTS !

Buddy333
09-17-2012, 08:58 AM
The Giants know how to play against running QB's. Hopefully they contain the QB and make sure they have an extra man on Smith. Also, it would help if Rivers cold play and help out with the TE's.

TheEnigma
09-17-2012, 09:05 AM
First step is to take away the Panthers running game like the Bucs did in Week 1 and force Newton to throw multiple times in the game. He has a tendency to throw the ball into double coverage when it isn't necessary and getting interceptions will be the key in stopping their offense.

BurnerNYG
09-17-2012, 11:41 AM
First step is to take away the Panthers running game like the Bucs did in Week 1 and force Newton to throw multiple times in the game. He has a tendency to throw the ball into double coverage when it isn't necessary and getting interceptions will be the key in stopping their offense.I agree... he does like to take chances trying to squeeze a ball into tight coverage here and there or when he's getting pressured. I think they might try to use the short passing game to keep the ball out of Eli's hands. This should be a fun game... too bad I gotta work on Thursday night.