PDA

View Full Version : ANDRE BROWN SHOULD BE STARTER FROM HERE AND OUT!!

BigBlueCrew22
09-17-2012, 01:56 AM
call me crazy, but i think from here n out which they probably wont do but is the right thing and he proved it today. yes it is one game but this guy shows friggen guts, he runs down hill, bradshaw runs stops and tries to find holes the line is not as good as it used to be bradshaw your not gonna find those late surprise holes anymore, ANDRE BROWN SHOULD BE THE STARTER FROM HERE AND OUT , if you dont agree with me your dumb, he has way better hands, he was blocking extremely well, it shouldnt be bradshaw it shouldnt be wilson, i feel like yes after one game this guy should be the starter no if ands or buts, this guy is the starter !!!! i want to see him against carolina thursday PLEASEEEE...but no were such a weird team watch he wont see the light of day thursday when clearly he should be the starter give the guy the ball and throw the ball down field.

bbdynasty
09-17-2012, 02:03 AM
ok lets not get crazy... we've seen one good game from him. bradshaw is legit

bbdynasty
09-17-2012, 02:03 AM
it was the line changes that made the difference

BigBlueCrew22
09-17-2012, 02:17 AM
bradshaw is not legit anymore, sorry, andre brown is a better blocker, better hands, he runs more downhill, bradshaw is not that good man ive said it forever, this kid shows so much more heart against a good run defense bradshaw is seriously not that good, THIS KID DESERVES THE START AT LEAST, even if bradshaw is ok, i see alot ethis kid bro...your stupid if you think bradshaw is better this kid was great AT NC STATE great hands, great blocking he can do everything bradshaw has no hands he sucks he cant run routes and he drops 5 yard passes shut your mouth and let this kid start jesus PLEASE.

TheShouldersOf
09-17-2012, 02:29 AM
what about Wilson, who got limited opportunities

complete rubbish they didn't give Wilson more carries, given equal opportunities as Brown he would have either matched and or surpassed

bbdynasty
09-17-2012, 02:40 AM

complete rubbish they didn't give Wilson more carries, given equal opportunities as Brown he would have either matched and or surpassed
totally agree, but i'll take one step further and say bradshaw would've done just as well. Wilson could've done better imo, but his pass protection is obviously not impressing the coaches. he'll get there

dnotch121
09-17-2012, 03:01 AM
to me bradsahw doesnt look the same. blame the line but brown found yards. Bradshaw looks scared to run now

PRGiant
09-17-2012, 03:10 AM
Dielh went down, line got better, I think Beatty getting more reps will help with the Offisdes which where bothersome.

Captain Chaos
09-17-2012, 05:36 AM
I think he earned his Blue Jersey today, showed that he is not just a scrub; solid hands and hits the holes without hesitation. Not sure I would call him a starter yet but he sure had a solid outing!

BowlboundGman
09-17-2012, 06:05 AM
totally agree, but i'll take one step further and say bradshaw would've done just as well. Wilson could've done better imo, but his pass protection is obviously not impressing the coaches. he'll get there
Wilson can't read the presser and defensive stunts. I hope this is motivation for wilson to start learning how to read a defense.

RoanokeFan
09-17-2012, 06:35 AM

I don't think anyone is calling for Brown to permanently replace Bradshaw just yet. It is likely Bradshaw's injury could keep him out of one or more games depending on what the medical testing reveals. Should he be sidelined, it's not a bad idea to let Brown get snaps in his absence. We tend to get too wrapped up in the word "start." Who takes the first snap really is irrelevant. What matters who who is making plays during the rest of the game. Clearly, that was Brown yesterday.

GCGiant
09-17-2012, 06:59 AM
I don't know about starting, because everything you do in life should be done with respect of others who have been there before.

What I'm talking about is replacing AB (ahh...just realized they are both AB...so, Bradshaw) as the starter. He deserves the starting job when he returns. I am not saying that I would never make the move....just not yet.

yoeddy
09-17-2012, 07:19 AM
I definitely like HBs with Brown's size as a feature HB over the smaller guys like Bradshaw and even Wilson. He looked really good yesterday and earned more playing time.

TheEnigma
09-17-2012, 07:26 AM
Better blocker? Bradshaw is known as the best pass protection RB in the league lol. Anyway, Brown knew when his number was called that he just needed to grind out those tough yards and that a poor performance could of resulted in him not getting another chance. It always warms my heart to see a player low on the depth chart make plays.

B-Red22
09-17-2012, 07:29 AM
it was the line changes that made the difference

^ THIS

GameTime
09-17-2012, 08:03 AM

why is it rubish....It obvioulsy worked for the run game. What have you seen in Wilson that is so spectacular?? I have no issue with the guy but why hang on his jock for really no reason....other then he is a first round pick???

ryan12
09-17-2012, 08:56 AM
bradshaw is not legit anymore, sorry, andre brown is a better blocker, better hands, he runs more downhill, bradshaw is not that good man ive said it forever, this kid shows so much more heart against a good run defense bradshaw is seriously not that good, THIS KID DESERVES THE START AT LEAST, even if bradshaw is ok, i see alot ethis kid bro...your stupid if you think bradshaw is better this kid was great AT NC STATE great hands, great blocking he can do everything bradshaw has no hands he sucks he cant run routes and he drops 5 yard passes shut your mouth and let this kid start jesus PLEASE.

andre brown is everything bradshaw WAS. runs hard good vision fights for his yards. i think he made a case to see more time

gumby74
09-17-2012, 09:14 AM
Brown looked better than Bradshaw hands down. Let's see what happens the next couple games. But Brown was a breath of fresh air. Nothing flashy. Just hit the hole and drag people for a few yards. All we need is roughly 3 yards a carry to keep defenses honest. But we haven't even been able to muster that much.

BJacobs aka The Problem
09-17-2012, 09:43 AM
I'm taking a wait and see approach. Frankly, I like all 3 backs, but in all honesty, I'm backing the guy that is playing the best ball.

As of yesterday, Brown looks to be running the best, even though I would have like to see what Wilson could have done. Hopefully Bradshaw's injury isn't major because we're going to need all 3 backs, especially later on down the season. The Giants just need to insert a back and stick with who ever is hot that day.

Daytona Giant
09-17-2012, 09:52 AM
Didn't Wilson drop a easy short pass early in the first quarter.I like Wilson but you have to take advantage of your opportunity.

TroyArcher
09-17-2012, 10:14 AM
Still a Bradshaw fan but why not let them spilt like was done with Jacobs. Bradshaw cannot handle 20+ carrries per game anyway.

njg85m
09-17-2012, 10:19 AM
Brown just flat out looked more NFL ready than Wilson does so far, sad to say.

I should also mention that Wilson does deserve a few more snaps to prove himself, but in yesterdays game Brown was having continued success so it made sense to stick with him for the rest of the game.

BigBlue1971
09-17-2012, 10:45 AM

dont forget Wilson is also a rookie who made a glaring miscue last week!

that stuff is still on TCs mind. i agree he couldve had a few more carries but Andre Brown shouldve been primary if Bradshaw is missing.

JJC7301
09-17-2012, 10:45 AM
There's no way that I'm giving up on AB as our # 1 RB just yet.

Toadofsteel
09-17-2012, 10:49 AM
I had said in the offseason that we needed Brown now more than ever, with Jacobs gone. In fact, Brown might have been the reason we let Jacobs go to begin with... with the extra bulk he has now, he's basically our power back like Jacobs used to be (think 2008 Jacobs, not 2011 Jacobs)... A2B2 will fill the Jacobs role just fine, and Wilson will eventually take over the Bradshaw role over time as he learns the pass protection schemes.

NYKiller
09-17-2012, 10:55 AM
I agree. I got to look at performance over talent when comparing him to Wilson, even though Wilson is not getting much opportunity. Andre Brown brings more power to his rushing game. However, Coughlin's mind don't work like that. He is very loyal to veteran players and the longer you've been with the Giants the higher you are on Coughlin's list. So Bradshaw will be number one for now, but he might go with Brown as the starter next week to help improve the Giants last rank run offense.

Toadofsteel
09-17-2012, 10:56 AM
I agree. I got to look at performance over talent when comparing him to Wilson, even though Wilson is not getting much opportunity. Andre Brown brings more power to his rushing game. However, Coughlin's mind don't work like that. He is very loyal to veteran players and the longer you've been with the Giants the higher you are on Coughlin's list. So Bradshaw will be number one for now, but he might go with Brown as the starter next week to help improve the Giants last rank run offense.

No doubt that if Bradshaw is hurt, Brown will get the start. He would be the "veteran" at that point...

Bigbluefan77
09-17-2012, 10:57 AM
I had said in the offseason that we needed Brown now more than ever, with Jacobs gone. In fact, Brown might have been the reason we let Jacobs go to begin with... with the extra bulk he has now, he's basically our power back like Jacobs used to be (think 2008 Jacobs, not 2011 Jacobs)... A2B2 will fill the Jacobs role just fine, and Wilson will eventually take over the Bradshaw role over time as he learns the pass protection schemes.
This..
If anything Browns game yesterday earned him a stronger role in the offense

bigblue58
09-17-2012, 11:00 AM
yeah man...what a pleasant surprise he was for sure!

nycisgreat
09-17-2012, 11:09 AM

No question. The guy runs like a beast with ice water in his veins. A healthy Bradshaw means problems for other teams. I am glad that Brown has stepped. If he does semi decent this Thursday. It will take alot off of Bradshaw's shoulder.

harrycarson
09-17-2012, 12:06 PM

Wilson can get more carries when he quits blowing the opportunities he does get

craigjr007
09-17-2012, 12:31 PM

completely suprised he got only what...6 carries??

giants8493
09-17-2012, 12:37 PM
I think the only difference is that David Diehl was no longer on the field.

Medisleman
09-17-2012, 12:44 PM
I expect to see more Brown in the coming weeks. Don't be surprised.

G.I. Ants
09-17-2012, 01:04 PM
It is no real surprise about Brown considering coaches and management has been high on the guy for quite some time. The adjustments to the o-line did help as well but many of those runs happened on draw plays. My biggest beef with Bradshaw has always been that he doesn't attack the holes his blockers open and goes east/west way too much. Wilson plays similar to Bradshaw in that respect where Brown is more north/south power running. Brown also is the best receiving back on the squad.

It is good to see a 3 headed running attack forming. For those wanting Wilson to be more featured, give the guy more time. Brown earned this opportunity and he made the most out of it in his coming out game.

appodictic
09-17-2012, 09:36 PM
he earned himself some snaps. Lets wait till we see some persistence performance before we crown him. Lets not forget this was the bucks and even though they are supposedly much improved beating the panthers does not make you a dynasty.

Giantz4Life
09-17-2012, 09:57 PM
completely suprised he got only what...6 carries??

3 carries for 6 yards

ShakeandBake
09-17-2012, 11:01 PM
He looked good yesterday, didn't know how he'd look with the extra weight on but he definitely deserves some more playing time with Bradshaw likely out. Much rather have him than Dj Ware

joemorrisforprez
09-17-2012, 11:11 PM

Bradshaw used to have the raw explosiveness to cover for alot of sins.....but I think he's lost a step, and is perpetually less than 100%.

It's only one game....the bloom can come off the Andre Brown rose next week for all we know. But, for the first time in a long time, I saw a Giants running back that jumped into his lane without any shake and bake, followed his blockers, and ran with confidence and power.

I'm not calling him the next Jim Brown, but Coughlin should ride this kid until somebody shuts him down. No reason to go back to Bradshaw if he's banged up, and frankly, not very effective.

Here is a college scouting report on Brown.....his strengths were on display yesterday....he's a power back that can stay on the field because he's a solid blocker....

Strengths:
Brown is a strong runner and runs through tackles. He blocks very well and has no trouble picking up blitzing linebackers. Brown has strong hands and he carries the ball very strong which allowed him to have 0 fumbles in his career at NC State. Brown shows good enough instincts that allow him to be successful between the tackles.

Weaknesses:
Brown has consistency problems especially in production. His production for his career especially 2008 was all over the place. He has a tendency to be very indecisive with the ball which causes loss of yardage and poor decision making. Brown's biggest asset as a runner between the tackles also makes him a 1 dimensional back which is easier for the defense to stuff him.

Summary:
Brown is a very good running back with some consistency problems. At times you see him run hard and explosive and pick up good positive yardage and other times you see him be very indecisive and dance around which allows him to be tackled for a loss. His change of direction and cut back ability need to be worked on and I think that is probably his biggest need of improvement. With strengthening his cut back abilities Brown could become a very valuable and versatile back. Brown's ability to recognize the blitz and be a very good blocker makes him a viable prospect to make an impact sooner rather than later on an NFL franchise.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2009abrown.php

giantsfan420
09-18-2012, 03:51 AM
so now the rest of the world gets to see why the coaches and so many of us wanted brown to make the team over ware or just make the team regardless.

i found it kinda funny and almost like a story. martin kept on making a gesture of holding the ball high n tight after his runs repeatedly, almost as a dig to wilson i honestly felt. dunno if neone else noticed, but over n over, after the run martin would get up and reposition the ball and gesture holding the ball high n tight.
meanwhile, the guy we replace ware with, who was on the other team, watches his replacement make more of an impact than even martin made.

dunno just how my mind works, found all that interesting

BlueSanta
09-18-2012, 03:54 AM
\
i found it kinda funny and almost like a story. martin kept on making a gesture of holding the ball high n tight after his runs repeatedly, almost as a dig to wilson i honestly felt. dunno if neone else noticed, but over n over, after the run martin would get up and reposition the ball and gesture holding the ball high n tight.

dunno just how my mind works, found all that interesting

Actually he did that week 1 too. I noticed it when I watched them play the Panthers.

giantsfan420
09-18-2012, 03:59 AM
oh ok thanks.
and about wilson not playing more, keep in mind we were down a couple scores making a comeback. it was a very time/mistake sensitve situation. i bet tc talked to bronw before going in and reminding him to proteect the ball.

i bet we see wilson more often early vs carolina