PDA

View Full Version : How did the D-line look??

B-Red22
09-17-2012, 06:42 AM
I was working yesterday during the game and I could not DVR the game because it was not on fox in the DFW area, so I watched what i could online at work while still running the shift. So I didn't get to see much detail on this choppy crappy computer at work. Just wondering how the D-line looked since last game we didn't look like our normal selves. Did Austin look good when he got snaps??

B-Red22
09-17-2012, 06:43 AM
I will be watching the Replay of the game tomorrow on nfl network but I am curious to see what the rest of BIG BLUE NATION thought.

egyptian420
09-17-2012, 06:45 AM
it looked non existent in all honesty.....every 4 man rush did absolutley nothing and Freeman had all day in the pocket to find receivers....I hate to sound negative but for that's how it was for the most part. The only time we actually pressured him was when we brought an extra defender.

giantsfam04
09-17-2012, 06:48 AM
They played the run pretty well, but still not much of a pass rush. I don't remember Austin name being called Im not sure he was even out there. I was bouncing back and forth between games so I may have missed something. Tuck and Osi had zero impact on the game.

B-Red22
09-17-2012, 07:02 AM
not good not good at all

krygny
09-17-2012, 07:11 AM
Ordinary. The only time they seem to get pressure on the QB is on an all out blitz with line backers and safeties. Anybody can do that. Some of our guys are starting to look real old.

GMan-67
09-17-2012, 07:16 AM
JPP was a monster ... Tuck was slightly better, Joseph was solid

Osi is still MIA, IMO

and as pointed out above, our best pressure came from blitzes, which when they didnt work left us in bad 1 v. 1s outside ... altho one of their catches was a reverse Tyree catch off Tryon's helmet and I think Coe tweaked his hammy on another TD, so a little bit of bad luck outside

B-Red22
09-17-2012, 07:33 AM
JPP was a monster ... Tuck was slightly better, Joseph was solid

Osi is still MIA, IMO

and as pointed out above, our best pressure came from blitzes, which when they didnt work left us in bad 1 v. 1s outside ... altho one of their catches was a reverse Tyree catch off Tryon's helmet and I think Coe tweaked his hammy on another TD, so a little bit of bad luck outside

Awesome, so OSI got more money finally and stopped playing this year?

GMan-67
09-17-2012, 07:38 AM
Awesome, so OSI got more money finally and stopped playing this year?

he's pacing himself, while we pull our hair out ... im sure he will end up with 12 sacks and 6 FF by the end of season, but he's def. not in midseason form right now

Kruunch
09-17-2012, 07:40 AM
The Dline looked like Sheridan was coaching it again.

Fortunately he was coaching the other team's D.

JPP continues to be the sole standout on that line this year.

Buddy333
09-17-2012, 07:48 AM
Sometimes you have to give credit to the opponent. Tampa has a very good OL. They didn't really move the ball that well all day with the exception of a couple of big plays where they beat the #5 and #6 CB on the Giants. I do feel the blame for that goes on PF. Even if the coverage was good, they are still the 5th and 6th string CB's. Give them more help. Of course of the pass rush was there Maybe things go differently but like I said, you have to give credit where credit is due. At the end of the game I do think they where making the QB rush his troughs though.

egyptian420
09-17-2012, 07:50 AM
The Dline looked like Sheridan was coaching it again.

Fortunately he was coaching the other team's D.

JPP continues to be the sole standout on that line this year.
its funny because I was going to mention that as well, the D-line played very much like 09....matter of fact, the entire D seeemed like our 09 Bill Sheridan D

berya
09-17-2012, 11:47 AM
Missing in action again. Only remember JPP who had a good game and maybe Linval making a play. That's it. If Austin played I sure as hell didn't see him. Osi and Tuck were passengers out there.

TroyArcher
09-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Doubleteam JPP and no pass rush threat. Played the run pretty well.