PDA

View Full Version : Cant just rush 4 all the time

KillaRich
09-17-2012, 08:50 AM
Fewell made me shut up last season, and hoping he does again this season (not talking smack though) But if players like osi and tuck are getting no pressure..... Dial something up man.... Soft defense doesnt work , giving cusion on 3rd and 10 makes no sense...an invitation for a 1st down...he refuses to make in game adjustments which is my issue..

Just wish we'd see more blitzes lol

Kruunch
09-17-2012, 08:52 AM
I tend to agree however Fewell doesn't know how to blitz well.

KillaRich
09-17-2012, 08:56 AM
He does suck at making it too obvious or disguising..... but he needs to do it just to put some type of pressure out there...cant be giving the qb's all day

egyptian420
09-17-2012, 09:04 AM
I was saying this to my brother all day. The 4 man rush wasn't doing anything. I hope this changes soon.

Buddy333
09-17-2012, 09:12 AM
Do you want him rushing the passer more and possibly leaving Coe or Tryon on an island?

TheAnalyst
09-17-2012, 09:13 AM
Agreed. We need to blitz more. But I thought the D did very well yesterday for giving up 34 points. 21 came from Eli throwing interceptions.

Buddy333
09-17-2012, 09:17 AM
Yeah the defense really wasn't that bad yesterday. They contained the run well and other than a couple of long passes against the 5th and 6th CB on this roster they didn't allow to many passing yards. Where I do think PF needs to adjust is he needs to help those guys. Both Coe and Tryon where beat 1 on 1. Get them some help.

BJacobs aka The Problem
09-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Do you want him rushing the passer more and possibly leaving Coe or Tryon on an island?

Unfortunately, I have to agree with this. It's just hard to blitz when you're having to leave CB's on an island without any help. Coe/Tryon one on one with any of the opposing team's starting receivers doesn't sound like much of a great idea.

Also, i think some issues with our blitzes seem to be execution also. You can design a great blitz, but if your defense telegraphs it or doesn't execute it properly, then it's not going to work.

ryan12
09-17-2012, 09:52 AM
cant blitz with the way our cb's are playing that being said besides a few big pass plays i thought our d played well yesterday

Diamondring
09-17-2012, 09:52 AM
Unfortunately, I have to agree with this. It's just hard to blitz when you're having to leave CB's on an island without any help. Coe/Tryon one on one with any of the opposing team's starting receivers doesn't sound like much of a great idea.

Also, i think some issues with our blitzes seem to be execution also. You can design a great blitz, but if your defense telegraphs it or doesn't execute it properly, then it's not going to work.Does not matter anyway cause the Giants gave up a lot of yards and pts anways so why not blitz?.

BJacobs aka The Problem
09-17-2012, 10:01 AM
Does not matter anyway cause the Giants gave up a lot of yards and pts anways so why not blitz?.

Why not blitz? Think about how Tampa scored their points and you should be able to answer that question yourself.

The TD's to Jackson and Williams, were on receivers who got put into one on one situations because of blitzes that weren't effective. Same thing in the Dallas game in Week 1. Do you continue to blitz and get burned?

BillTheGreek
09-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Does not matter anyway cause the Giants gave up a lot of yards and pts anways so why not blitz?.

Your 96.4% Right !............BTW .From now on, I'm only watching theG-Men in the 4th quarter.........that's when the Giants do all their Big Wins ! * LOL *

GO GIANTS .............MAKE THOSE ADJUSTMENTS !

TroyArcher
09-17-2012, 10:10 AM
Fewell made me shut up last season, and hoping he does again this season (not talking smack though) But if players like osi and tuck are getting no pressure..... Dial something up man.... Soft defense doesnt work , giving cusion on 3rd and 10 makes no sense...an invitation for a 1st down...he refuses to make in game adjustments which is my issue..

Just wish we'd see more blitzes lol

If Osi & Tuck keep sleepwaking through games you will have to start blitzing.

TheAnalyst
09-17-2012, 10:11 AM
cant blitz with the way our cb's are playing that being said besides a few big pass plays i thought our d played well yesterday

I think the other way. Getting pressure and blitzing makes a QB make mistakes. When a QB has 5-7 seconds to throw a ball, he will find a hole, especially against a secondary like ours. That Mike Willaims TD over Tryon was luck, Tryon played it well. He got his hands in there and Williams got lucky the ball hit Tryons helmet and bounced right in his hands. Tryon was all over him with the coverage though.

OX1
09-17-2012, 10:14 AM
Absolutely should have blitzed on the first-3rd plays of Tampas next to last drive. Instead 4man rush lets freemon stand back there all day and pass for 20 and then 40 yards.

BJacobs aka The Problem
09-17-2012, 10:18 AM
I think the other way. Getting pressure and blitzing makes a QB make mistakes. When a QB has 5-7 seconds to throw a ball, he will find a hole, especially against a secondary like ours. That Mike Willaims TD over Tryon was luck, Tryon played it well. He got his hands in there and Williams got lucky the ball hit Tryons helmet and bounced right in his hands. Tryon was all over him with the coverage though.

Yeah, but the big question right now is this: Are opposing QB's making more mistakes when we blitz or having more success when we blitz?

KillaRich
09-17-2012, 10:19 AM
Why not blitz? Think about how Tampa scored their points and you should be able to answer that question yourself.

The TD's to Jackson and Williams, were on receivers who got put into one on one situations because of blitzes that weren't effective. Same thing in the Dallas game in Week 1. Do you continue to blitz and get burned?

I see where you guys are coming from, but these 1on1's were bad because freeman had too much time to launch ...i rather have the 1on1 with the qb running for his life then him having the time and setting up the perfect pass... some of those deep passes were pretty good coverage... if tyron just knows when to look for the damn ball they would have been incompletes.... either way our cb's are being put in these situations and the qb is having too much time to find them

BJacobs aka The Problem
09-17-2012, 10:22 AM
I see where you guys are coming from, but these 1on1's were bad because freeman had too much time to launch ...i rather have the 1on1 with the qb running for his life then him having the time and setting up the perfect pass... some of those deep passes were pretty good coverage... if tyron just knows when to look for the damn ball they would have been incompletes.... either way our cb's are being put in these situations and the qb is having too much time to find them

That's the problem, the blitzes are getting home. The QB has enough time to spot the coverage and get off the throw. I'm all for blitzes that sack the QB or have him running for his life, but the ones that don't hit? Man, we're getting burned big time on those.

KillaRich
09-17-2012, 10:23 AM

Exactly give the Qb way too much time and he will find a hole or the wr will get open..... At this point might as well try to force a mistake by the qb, remember 2007? Our secondary was OK but because of how much pressure spags dialed up with the front 7 not front 4.... they thrived on mistakes

KillaRich
09-17-2012, 10:26 AM
That's the problem, the blitzes are getting home. The QB has enough time to spot the coverage and get off the throw. I'm all for blitzes that sack the QB or have him running for his life, but the ones that don't hit? Man, we're getting burned big time on those.

And this is where fewell needs to step up his blitz game.... we need to use the likes of Boley and Kiwi more.... Im starting to feel that we are wasting Kiwi's talents, I know hes the "starter" but hes not a big part of the defense.... blitz his *** so he can do what hes good at and get to the qb..... give him some of tuck's reps because honestly i almost ALWAYS after the first quarter on his knees or bent over

Diamondring
09-17-2012, 10:33 AM

The TD's to Jackson and Williams, were on receivers who got put into one on one situations because of blitzes that weren't effective. Same thing in the Dallas game in Week 1. Do you continue to blitz and get burned?Not all blitzes leave one on one. Blitzing is adding more defenders than the original amount. There are five six and seven man blitzes. Also other teams still can score cause there are 11 men on the field and there will be one on one battles regardless.

bigblue58
09-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Agreed. We need to blitz more. But I thought the D did very well yesterday for giving up 34 points. 21 came from Eli throwing interceptions.

Beg to differ....he threw the INT's but the soft D gave up the points! What they're doing on D is not working and they need to get it fixed. The Bucs shouldn't have still been in the game after we took the lead. When are they going to realize that the "Prevent" DOESN'T work...and stop using it!
How is it a good strategy to give up first down after first down?