PDA

View Full Version : Invisible man of the week award goes to

TroyArcher
09-17-2012, 10:06 AM
It was so close this week that we decided it was a tie between Osi & Tuck. Someone needs to wake them up and soon.

VBGiantsFan
09-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Lets give it to Tuck this week, since last week he visibly missed a tackle on DeMarco Murray in the backfield that went for a 48 yard gain.

nycsportzfan
09-17-2012, 10:54 AM
Freaking OSI.. Again, this is exactly what i stressed when sticking up for Reese for not extending this guy.. This is not a guy u want clogging up ur salary cap going forward.. He completely dissapears for games at a time, and is just dreadful against the run.. Unfortunetly Osi is making everyone that was for not giving him a new contract look 100pct right..

Buddy333
09-17-2012, 10:58 AM
Relax. They went up against a very good OL and they did well against the run yesterday.

Diamondring
09-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Freaking OSI.. Again, this is exactly what i stressed when sticking up for Reese for not extending this guy.. This is not a guy u want clogging up ur salary cap going forward.. He completely dissapears for games at a time, and is just dreadful against the run.. Unfortunetly Osi is making everyone that was for not giving him a new contract look 100pct right..

Especially me cause I said he is overrated.

IamGiantsfan
09-17-2012, 11:06 AM
Lets give it to Tuck this week, since last week he visibly missed a tackle on DeMarco Murray in the backfield that went for a 48 yard gain.
tuck made a nice open field tackle in the last quarter

ryan12
09-17-2012, 11:25 AM
osi for sure tuck and cweb a close 2nd

BlueReign
09-17-2012, 11:25 AM
JPP is an absolute MONSTER. He commands a double consistently. We need to bring some blitzes off the edge, hopefully someone will come free.

GMan-67
09-17-2012, 11:33 AM

he's on a one year deal, we threw him some cash to shut him up, i didnt necessarily agree with giving him the cash, but i def. didnt want to trade him for a 3rd rounder either, b/c he will come good ... he will get like 12 sacks and 6 FF .... remember he's still playing for his next contract

but having guys like Tuck, Osi and Webby in preseason form is frustrating

one thing i will point out is that late in Strahan's career he would feign a holdout to avoid camp and come in 2 weeks prior to the opener and not be great either for the 1st couple games ... we're now heading into Week 3, so maybe one more uneven week before these vets hit their form

now these guys were mostly participating in the limited camp they have now, but still i dont think they were working at 100%

oh and we know the refs are letting a lot of things go , esp. holding and if you think about it ... if that takes away 1 sack/fumble then that no call can equate to a 14 point swing

TroyArcher
09-17-2012, 11:45 AM
he's on a one year deal, we threw him some cash to shut him up, i didnt necessarily agree with giving him the cash, but i def. didnt want to trade him for a 3rd rounder either, b/c he will come good ... he will get like 12 sacks and 6 FF .... remember he's still playing for his next contract

one thing i will point out is that late in Strahan's career he would feign a holdout to avoid camp and come in 2 weeks prior to the opener and not be great either for the 1st couple games ... we're now heading into Week 3, so maybe one more uneven week before these vets hit their form

now these guys were mostly participating in the limited camp they have now, but still i dont think they were working at 100%

oh and we know the refs are letting a lot of things go , esp. holding and if you think about it ... if that takes away 1 sack/fumble then that no call can equate to a 14 point swing

I hope you are correct but it is a lame excuse. The opposing Olinemen had a limited camp also.

BeatYale
09-17-2012, 11:54 AM
Tuck at least had 3 tackles and had solid containment in run support.

berya
09-17-2012, 11:56 AM
osi for sure tuck and cweb a close 2nd

Osi and Tuck for sure. Cweb I disagree. He was very visible yesterday. As in visibly getting beat all the time.

ShakeandBake
09-17-2012, 11:56 AM
Osi needs to start showing up, not only is he a ghost in the pass rush, but he is a liability in run defense, the guy clearly never learned the meaning of outside containment.

Diamondring
09-17-2012, 12:02 PM
Osi and Tuck for sure. Cweb I disagree. He was very visible yesterday. As in visibly getting beat all the time.You showed that bieng visible and invisible can both be bad.

burier
09-17-2012, 12:09 PM

I'm pretty sure Strahan only did that once and then retired at the end of the season.

BlueSanta
09-17-2012, 12:18 PM
Again, while you cannot say Tuck had a good game, he was certainly NOT invisible.

The Bucs were VERY unsuccessful running to Tuck's side. He held contain and controlled his gap. People may discount this, but the Bucs ARE a run 1st team. Tuck also had 1 pressure on the QB and 3 tackles,

On the flip side Osi lost contain multiple times including on the Martin TD run where he was blown off the ball. He also had zero pressures on the day.

If you are comparing the performance of these 2 players, there is no doubt Tuck had the better day.

berya
09-17-2012, 12:28 PM
You showed that bieng visible and invisible can both be bad.

I'm glad you were able to figure it out.

jintsfan666
09-17-2012, 02:40 PM
​OSI

Marvelousmik
09-17-2012, 02:41 PM
Relax. They went up against a very good OL and they did well against the run yesterday. +1

They didnt get sacks but they stopped the run. The Op of this thread plays too much madden

Giantsfan241
09-17-2012, 02:42 PM
If Tuck wants to retire so bad he can if he wants I'd rather give the de opposite the best in the league to somebody hungry like Ojomo or Tracy, they'd make a bigger impact than him.

nycsportzfan
09-17-2012, 02:49 PM

d

oh and we know the refs are letting a lot of things go , esp. holding and if you think about it ... if that takes away 1 sack/fumble then that no call can equate to a 14 point swing Ya, thats assuming he stays healthy all yr to pile up those sacks.. Hes not exactly the most durable player in the league.. His entire career hes pretty much been a Good one yr, injured or ineffective the next..etc..etc Hes just really inefective in so many contests, even dating back to last yr, that hes not worth anything more then 1yr deals..

TroyArcher
09-17-2012, 04:05 PM
Tuck at least had 3 tackles and had solid containment in run support.

But he needs to also pressure the QB. In case you have not noticed our secondary is not so good.

TroyArcher
09-17-2012, 04:08 PM
+1

They didnt get sacks but they stopped the run. The Op of this thread plays too much madden

So you are OK with the pass rush? If this team doesn't pressure the QB they give up tons of points. The secondary is very weak at the moment and don't expect too much imrovement. Can't expect the offense to score 41 every week.

slipknottin
09-17-2012, 04:35 PM
In two games, Tuck and Osi have combined for 0 qb hits.

ibbill
09-17-2012, 04:56 PM
In two games, Tuck and Osi have combined for 0 qb hits.

Really we need to give OSI more money then. What are the NYG thinking.

slipknottin
09-17-2012, 04:58 PM
Really we need to give OSI more money then. What are the NYG thinking.

Its only a one year deal. Its not like they extended him. Tuck to me is the bigger concern.

I think its time to start giving Tracy and Ojomo some snaps

OX1
09-18-2012, 07:18 AM
Osi needs to start showing up, not only is he a ghost in the pass rush, but he is a liability in run defense, the guy clearly never learned the meaning of outside containment.

Seems overall QB's have become more mobile and have quicker releases.
Both of those things negate Osi's one skill, as it takes time for Osi to run
8-10 yards behind the LOS and then come back.