PDA

View Full Version : Secondary in general

sheepdip
09-17-2012, 11:56 AM
I understand we are a little banged up in the secondary thats fine and the fact we are not getting consistent pass rush but why are guys getting beat over
the top ?

I would rather give a bigger cushion and live to fight for another set of downs. We are flat out getting beat over top for Tds.

That is a huge problem now for 2 games. Why are people running by us so easily. Safeties need to step up in support. We kept hearing that Rolle should be better now that he has to worry only about Safety spot but he needs to fill better.

I am very happy about our win but we cant let wr's get behind us. Wait to D jackson and company.

TroyArcher
09-17-2012, 12:49 PM
If we don't get a pass rush it will be a long season. Eli and the O will need to put up 30+ points every game.

Toadofsteel
09-17-2012, 01:23 PM
The fact that we have to play a career special teamer at CB due to injury doesn't help...

GMan-67
09-17-2012, 01:36 PM
we are getting out talented 1 v 1 ... our guys are there for the most part, but 5th string CBs vs. 1st string WR ... you are going to throw it up for a jump ball every single time, just like we did with Nicks vs. Talib ... now Cruz flat out torched Ronde ... we really never got beat like that this week .. maybe Webby got burned, but then Rolle was back there, just not in a position to break it up

Giants928
09-17-2012, 01:38 PM
Here to hoping Amukamura can solidify our CB problem...

bandwgn86
09-17-2012, 01:38 PM
If we don't get a pass rush it will be a long season. Eli and the O will need to put up 30+ points every game.freakin Osi am i rite.. dl needs to step up. they are getting slaughtered back there

BlueBlooded1979
09-17-2012, 01:43 PM
Part of the reason is both safeties are trying to be "playmakers" and cheating up towards the line. They get caught out of postion and opposing QBs just throw it over the top. They both whined about playing deep in the offseason so this really doesn't surprise me. If you watched SF last night you will see some of the most disciplined safety play in the NFL. Those guys aren't as talented as KP and Rolle but they are outplaying them.

Kruunch
09-17-2012, 01:44 PM
I understand we are a little banged up in the secondary thats fine and the fact we are not getting consistent pass rush but why are guys getting beat over
the top ?

I would rather give a bigger cushion and live to fight for another set of downs. We are flat out getting beat over top for Tds.

That is a huge problem now for 2 games. Why are people running by us so easily. Safeties need to step up in support. We kept hearing that Rolle should be better now that he has to worry only about Safety spot but he needs to fill better.

I am very happy about our win but we cant let wr's get behind us. Wait to D jackson and company.

Rolle plays so far out of position that he needs to bring a passport.

gumby74
09-17-2012, 02:02 PM
Funny. I remember in 2008 Spags succeeding with dockery, michael Johnson, and Sammy Knight, and god knows who else. Now we have Philips, Rolle to replace the safety positions and we're much worse than we were in 2008. Something stinks.

G.I. Ants
09-17-2012, 02:22 PM
Funny. I remember in 2008 Spags succeeding with dockery, michael Johnson, and Sammy Knight, and god knows who else. Now we have Philips, Rolle to replace the safety positions and we're much worse than we were in 2008. Something stinks.Are you kidding me, Phillips & Rolle are light years ahead of those guys.

Kruunch
09-17-2012, 02:24 PM
we are getting out talented 1 v 1 ... our guys are there for the most part, but 5th string CBs vs. 1st string WR ... you are going to throw it up for a jump ball every single time, just like we did with Nicks vs. Talib ... now Cruz flat out torched Ronde ... we really never got beat like that this week .. maybe Webby got burned, but then Rolle was back there, just not in a position to break it up

Talib is their #1 CB.

Nicks is that good.

gumby74
09-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Are you kidding me, Phillips & Rolle are light years ahead of those guys. I know, which is why I said that we have better personnel now than we did in 2008. Yet, we're much worse.