PDA

View Full Version : Guess the Mistake That Gets Wilson Benched in Week 3

Kruunch
09-17-2012, 01:06 PM
I think our coaching staff is a good one, and I know TC isn't crazy about rooks .... but I wish we'd see a little more of the kid.

I understand that he will (and has) made his share of mistakes.

GameTime
09-17-2012, 01:08 PM
he is in the return game with Randle and I like it so far.
he will get his shots but he has to capitalize. Wilson will be a factor more and more as the season progresses.

Moke
09-17-2012, 01:09 PM
Didn't really see much of him in the running game, but he was there on special teams which he looked awesome in, He'll be more of a factor later on.

GMan-67
09-17-2012, 01:16 PM
i dont feel like he got benched in this one ... i realize the dropped pass led to Brown getting a chance and then Brown did well, so if it aint broke, but i can see where it did look like a partial benching

im gonna predict a KR for a TD for Wilson to annoy those negy fans wanting to use their most favorite label of BUST

Kruunch
09-17-2012, 01:18 PM
i dont feel like he got benched in this one ... i realize the dropped pass led to Brown getting a chance and then Brown did well, so if it aint broke, but i can see where it did look like a partial benching

im gonna predict a KR for a TD for Wilson to annoy those negy fans wanting to use their most favorite label of BUST

I like the cut of your jib sir!

And yeah I agree with you ... in a tight game (or a come from behind game) sticking with what's working certainly makes the most sense.

I just want to see more of our new shiny toy dammit!

joemorrisforprez
09-17-2012, 01:18 PM

I agree.

TC went with Brown because:

A) Brown was making positive yards on the ground.
B) Brown was doing well in pass protection.

Given the score, I think "B" was a very important factor.

ReiRiza
09-17-2012, 01:57 PM
I agree.

TC went with Brown because:

A) Brown was making positive yards on the ground.
B) Brown was doing well in pass protection.

Given the score, I think "B" was a very important factor.

B is important

C the fact that he can catch

D All of the above

Lets go with D

TheShouldersOf
09-17-2012, 02:19 PM
Am i the only one that saw Wilson's Protection block the limited time he had?

they give him no opportunities, three carries, and two throws, indeed he dropped the passes, but run him then, utilize him as the running back he is, not just a glorified kick returner, same with Randle really,

it's not fair to not give him opportunities and then say he didn't prove himself

i don't know if it's the Coaches stubbornness or what, but you have to just let him grind it out on more carries than 3

ryan12
09-17-2012, 02:22 PM
right now he is a important piece of our return game.. wilson will get his touches its only week 2

RoanokeFan
09-17-2012, 02:38 PM
I think our coaching staff is a good one, and I know TC isn't crazy about rooks .... but I wish we'd see a little more of the kid.

He getting time and making an impact as the kick returner. Brown did what all players need to do when given an opportunity. Bradshaw is likely to lost time and both Brown and Wilson will get offensive snaps. It's how TC develops players and it works pretty well.

lamas
09-17-2012, 02:38 PM

He will mistakenly put Visine in Stevie Brown's water bottle instead of Andre's.

RoanokeFan
09-17-2012, 02:41 PM
Am i the only one that saw Wilson's Protection block the limited time he had?

they give him no opportunities, three carries, and two throws, indeed he dropped the passes, but run him then, utilize him as the running back he is, not just a glorified kick returner, same with Randle really,

it's not fair to not give him opportunities and then say he didn't prove himself

i don't know if it's the Coaches stubbornness or what, but you have to just let him grind it out on more carries than 3

He is definitely not "just"a glorified kick returner. A kick returner can lost the ball at the wrong end of the field, if there is a right one. He had fumbles and dropped passes, as you have indicated. That doesn't make him a bad player, it makes him, in the eyes of the coaching staff, not ready yet.

Brown, on the other hand, did a masterful job when given the opportunity. Both have a future here and it will be fun to watch them develop.

Drez
09-17-2012, 02:43 PM

When he gets his pass protections down, I'm sure we'll see more of him.

nycisgreat
09-17-2012, 02:45 PM

Bradshaw is still here, and the kid will get his shot soon. I remember Bradshaw having to wait behind Jacobs and Ward for his shot. I have no problem with what Coughlin is doing. I think it is a good thing. The kid will definitely learn to protect the ball at all time when he get more attempts per game. I can see that happening pretty soon with the various injuries that Bradshaw has. Honestly, I like what Brown brought to the game yesterday. I hope to see more of it.

Buddy333
09-17-2012, 03:10 PM
Maybe he didn't play much because Brown was playing so well. Why would you not go with what is working? Wilson will get his chance. Did they give up on Barden?

pino
09-17-2012, 04:17 PM
His only mistake next game is to let these plays get in his head. He's a rookie and he'll make mistakes. But he's got to cut them down quickly or he will miss future opportunities.

BlueSanta
09-17-2012, 05:08 PM
He getting time and making an impact as the kick returner. Brown did what all players need to do when given an opportunity. Bradshaw is likely to lost time and both Brown and Wilson will get offensive snaps. It's how TC develops players and it works pretty well.

as a moderator, you should know we dont take kindly to logic on these forums.

FBomb
09-17-2012, 05:12 PM
Period cramps.

YATittle1962
09-17-2012, 05:20 PM
they are working the kid in slowly

it is a very complex position in this offense ...and you cannot only put him in when he is getting the ball...... more important than carrying the ball is protecting your QB

what usually happens is they put together packages for each game adding a bit to it each week working him in slowly.....which is a smart way to approach a rookie who you intend to eventually have maximum responsibility

you don't want to throw him to the dogs

at this point his brain development is as important as his physically playing the position and you want them to develop together

BeatYale
09-17-2012, 05:25 PM
If Brown is getting more snaps than Wilson it simply means Brown is ahead of Wilson in regards to knowing his assignments. Pass protection from the RB position is critical because they are the last line of defense for our 100 million dollar QB. Coughlin doesn't look incompetent for not throwing Wilson out there for the sake of getting him experience. He would look incompetent if he does that and Wilson blows a blocking assignment leading to Eli getting hurt by taking a big hit. Ease the rookie onto the field, if he was ahead of the curve, he'd be on the field more obviously. Give him time. Us fans need to be more patient sometimes.