PDA

View Full Version : Keys to beating Carolina...

Shockeyitus
09-17-2012, 01:47 PM
My overall take on getting a win in Carolina this Thursday is TIME OF POSSESSION. They Giants are having issues on defense with corner play and pass rush. Carolina is an extremely dangerous team and have shown that they may have the best running game in the league. If the Giants offense can control the ball and keep Carolina's offense on the sidelines, good results should transpire.

Giantz4Life
09-17-2012, 01:52 PM
Contain Cam Newton. The Bucs only allowed him 4 rushing yards on 5 attempts in the season opener. You cannot give him as many chances to run as New Orleans did yesterday (13 for 71 and a TD) the guy averaged 5.5 ypc for crying out loud. If we had problems with Romo rolling out and making plays I worry about Cam. The kid is a playmaker, but I think we can force a turnover or interception if our D-Line can get some pressure because Cam is definitely prone to throwing bad passes every now and then.

ryan12
09-17-2012, 01:54 PM
agreed contain cam newton

Greg Schiano
09-17-2012, 01:55 PM
Force Cam Newton to throw the ball. He'll shoot his team in the foot when he does, especially if you take away his dink and dunk options.

Stop the running game early: Chudzinski will abandon it if you and the book ends can pin their ears back.

Time of Possession: Use time of possession and a slow and steady running game to frustrate their defense. Take some shots over the top.

ryan12
09-17-2012, 02:02 PM
Force Cam Newton to throw the ball. He'll shoot his team in the foot when he does, especially if you take away his dink and dunk options.

Stop the running game early: Chudzinski will abandon it if you and the book ends can pin their ears back.

Time of Possession: Use time of possession and a slow and steady running game to frustrate their defense. Take some shots over the top.

your a pos coach you have alot of nerve showing up on OUR boards today. tell your ****** bag d back's to stop holding. eric wright and that pos taleb were holding all day and cruz and nicks still killed them

Cool Papa B.
09-17-2012, 02:05 PM
The #1 key to beating Carolina is putting copnstant pressure on Newton AND cut down on his running and scrambling.

That means our DLine (particularly our NASCAR) better wake up and come ready to play.

thunderraiden
09-17-2012, 02:17 PM
your a pos coach you have alot of nerve showing up on OUR boards today. tell your ****** bag d back's to stop holding. eric wright and that pos taleb were holding all day and cruz and nicks still killed them

Dude its a novelty account, he isnt really G. Shiano. He was on our message board (carolinahuddle.com) last week spewing the same trash. Just ignore him.

The #1 key to beating Carolina is putting copnstant pressure on Newton AND cut down on his running and scrambling.

That means our DLine (particularly our NASCAR) better wake up and come ready to play.

We were one play away from beating Tampa Bay week 1 and that was without a running game. Cam is a QB that can run and throw, not a running QB that can kinda throw.

Try and to forget Vince Young when you see Cam, I know its hard but just try to imagine that your looking at the upper body half of Big Ben and the lower body half is a Hershel Walker type running back.

Even still, I can't wait for us to finally be in the national spotlight.

ryan12
09-17-2012, 02:20 PM
Dude its a novelty account, he isnt really G. Shiano. He was on our message board (carolinahuddle.com) last week spewing the same trash. Just ignore him.

lmfao no **** lol i was messing with him all week... that was awesome

wuzpapn
09-17-2012, 02:20 PM
Yes, we know it's not the real coach. lol

manning to shockey
09-17-2012, 02:27 PM
you mean to tell me we are not chatting with the real Greg Schiano? lol
(^red)

Cool Papa B.
09-17-2012, 02:28 PM

We were one play away from beating Tampa Bay week 1 and that was without a running game. Cam is a QB that can run and throw, not a running QB that can kinda throw.

Try and to forget Vince Young when you see Cam, I know its hard but just try to imagine that your looking at the upper body half of Big Ben and the lower body half is a Hershel Walker type running back.

Even still, I can't wait for us to finally be in the national spotlight.

Stereotypical?.....

What did I say that was stereotypical? I said putting pressure on Newton is the #1 key to beating Carolina. Whether Newton decides to throw the ball or run with it. You totally Misinterpreted my post.

wuzpapn
09-17-2012, 02:30 PM
I would label Cam Newton more like a re-vamped Kordell Stewart. To say he has Herschel Walker's legs though is lol.

burier
09-17-2012, 02:44 PM
My overall take on getting a win in Carolina this Thursday is TIME OF POSSESSION. They Giants are having issues on defense with corner play and pass rush. Carolina is an extremely dangerous team and have shown that they may have the best running game in the league. If the Giants offense can control the ball and keep Carolina's offense on the sidelines, good results should transpire.

How do you suggest we win TIME OF POSSESSION when we can't run the ball?

Keeping guys on the sideline is the way you won games in 1986.

The Giants will score and assuming our D can contain Cam in the same way they've contained Vick that all should be fine. They can run the ball and they will run on us, but we should be able to withstand the run attack if we can keep it to the backs only (No long runs by Cam).

If we're going to win this game we have to play better on defense plain and simple. Especially against their option offense.

I'd shut down the option aspects of the Panthers offense by executing 2 things.

1) getting multiple guys in Cams area when ever he leaves the pocket. Specifically multiple guys to the ball when they run the option so that one guy can take Cam and the other guy can take the option.

2) Everytime they attempt the option put Cam on his back...weather he pitches it or not. What happened sunday was the defender was guaranteed to guess wrong when he was out there by himself trying to defend Cam. Will he keep it? Will He toss it? Now if we can get a gang over there we can negate that issue. Should only one guy get out there and he has to make a decision the message has to be to hit the QB everytime. If we jostle Cam around early the Panthers will take the option out of the playcalling.

Diamondring
09-17-2012, 02:46 PM
your a pos coach you have alot of nerve showing up on OUR boards today. tell your ****** bag d back's to stop holding. eric wright and that pos taleb were holding all day and cruz and nicks still killed themGiants, don't worry about the time clock cause it can also help the other team out by giving them the opportunities to make subsitutions.

Run the run the score offense and make sure you Giants try to score a lot of points and try to break records. Eli don't do nothing stupid. Spread the Panthers out just like you did the Bucs Giants. You have a Pats like offense so use at to your advantage.

BurnerNYG
09-17-2012, 02:57 PM
I would label Cam Newton more like a re-vamped Kordell Stewart. To say he has Herschel Walker's legs though is lol.Cam Newton is Cam Newton... he's not Kordell Stewart or some other black QB. Who's Eli... Johnny Unitas?

BurnerNYG
09-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Giants, don't worry about the time clock cause it can also help the other team out by giving them the opportunities to make subsitutions.

Run the run the score offense and make sure you Giants try to score a lot of points and try to break records. Eli don't do nothing stupid. Spread the Panthers out just like you did the Bucs Giants. You have a Pats like offense so use at to your advantage.Yes we do, T.O.P. is Coughlin's style of play. Yesterday was an anomaly because we were playing catch up the whole game.

Buddy333
09-17-2012, 03:04 PM
Well the Giants do know how to contain a mobile QB. They have to play the most mobile QB twice a year. Make sure they double Smith. Is Rivers going o play? His athleticism will be a huge help in coverage. Will Prince play? Could be good to get I'm some snaps to shake some rust, have a nice lay off, and then be ready for the next game.

BurnerNYG
09-17-2012, 03:12 PM
Well the Giants do know how to contain a mobile QB. They have to play the most mobile QB twice a year. Make sure they double Smith. Is Rivers going o play? His athleticism will be a huge help in coverage. Will Prince play? Could be good to get I'm some snaps to shake some rust, have a nice lay off, and then be ready for the next game.The thing with Cam though... you'll forget that he's mobile because he'll pick you apart from the pocket and then when the defense is gassed in the 4th quarter and lanes start opening up, he'll start taking off. We gotta remember and stick to the gameplan..

G-MENBK
09-17-2012, 03:16 PM
The thing with Cam though... you'll forget that he's mobile because he'll pick you apart from the pocket and then when the defense is gassed in the 4th quarter and lanes start opening up, he'll start taking off. We gotta remember and stick to the gameplan..

That's where I hope our "Kraken" can finally wake up and drill the QB's *** into the field early on.

But if Romo gave us fits, Newton will give us psychotic episodes.

Diamondring
09-17-2012, 03:18 PM
Yes we do, T.O.P. is Coughlin's style of play. Yesterday was an anomaly because we were playing catch up the whole game.If you worry about the time clock, you are looking for too much. Giants aren't made to run out the clock anymore. They are made to score a lot of points and they proved that.

bandwgn86
09-17-2012, 03:23 PM
im a little sick to my stomach that im actually worried about a Carolina team.. its kinda ****ed when you think about it.

Buddy333
09-17-2012, 03:29 PM
They both played yesterday. So both have the same amount of time to get ready. Have to contain he QB which is something they know how to do by playing Vick twice a year. Vick also has weapons to throw to and the Giants are competitive with them. The Panthers can be run on. If he passing game is on again they can compete with anyone. Just take away those 1st half mistakes. Without those the offense and defense played well yesterday.

GMan-67
09-17-2012, 03:50 PM
we need a lead, we need to make Cam try to do to much ... if we eliminate turnovers and drives ending in FGs early on and put them behind, Cam will work with us and give us the ball

later in the game, with both Ds a bit tired, it could become a serious shootout and we're good with that, but again i would prefer to have the lead and be playing as the more experienced/smarter team that is more comfortable in a 4th Qtr. duel

Eli2Shockey4aTD
09-17-2012, 03:52 PM
Contain Cam & hit Cam.

ryan12
09-17-2012, 04:29 PM
play him like we played michael pick last year

BurnerNYG
09-17-2012, 05:03 PM
play him like we played michael pick last yearI'm not defending Cam although I like him as a player but some of you guys need to watch more football. Cam threw for over 4000 yards last year, his game is not similar to Michael Vick, although we do need to keep a spy on him. Cam runs are usually in chunks, 15 yards or better. We need to play him how we would play an Aaron Rodgers or Alex Smith. We worry too much about him running and he'll pick us apart. They run option plays a lot and if he doesn't see a lane he can run through, he hands it off. The have wildcat sets as well.