PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Hosley

GMEN023
09-17-2012, 01:58 PM
I realized this today but I donít remember hearing his name mentioned really at all. Usually this is a good thing when a CBís name isnít mentioned because it means theyíre not getting abused, but I wasnít sure if it was that or he didnít play much. I know he was supposed to start and cover mostly the slot receiver and I saw him on the field a few times. I wondered if anyone noticed him more than I did and what your thoughts are on him good or bad?

CowboysSuck
09-17-2012, 02:14 PM
I was thinking this same thing last night. I dont remember hearing his name at all really. You're right that it usually means only good things for a corner. Does anyone know how many plays he was in on? If he played even 50% of snaps he did a thoroughly impressive job. I dont think he was throw to more than a couple times..

nycsportzfan
09-17-2012, 02:51 PM
He ended up with like 6tackles and i didn't notice him get burnt at all.. I am on record as saying Hosley was our best draft pick after the draft, and i think hes playing like our best draft pick to this point, and hes gonna be instrumental in how our season goes the rest of the way..

TheAnalyst
09-17-2012, 02:55 PM
He ended up with like 6tackles and i didn't notice him get burnt at all.. I am on record as saying Hosley was our best draft pick after the draft, and i think hes playing like our best draft pick to this point, and hes gonna be instrumental in how our season goes the rest of the way..

Considering Randle and Wilson have barely played, you may be right. BUT,Kuhn is looking very good as well.

moosedrool
09-17-2012, 02:57 PM
He's a steal as a 3rd round draft pick. He would have been a 1st round pick if he didn't fail a drug test at the combine.

Mlerman17
09-17-2012, 02:59 PM
I think he played on the outside in two receiver sets and in the slot on three receiver sets.. He locked up mike Williams all day and he caught that big play after hosley left with something in his eye and Coe aggravated his hamstring. After the first two weeks I think he has been our best corner essentially locking up everyone he has faced.

slipknottin
09-17-2012, 04:18 PM
Going through the game. 8:00 in the 3rd quarter, toss play, Hosley puts the FB on his butt. Lol.

Not bad for a 180 pound CB vs. a 270 pound FB.

GoDeep80
09-17-2012, 04:25 PM
According to http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/9/17/3346884/giants-vs-buccaneers-learning-from-the-snap-counts Hosley only missed 4 snaps of defense. Amazing since he would be covering either VJax or Mike Williams all game and didn't hear his name mentioned once.

DownWitJPP
09-17-2012, 04:35 PM
Going through the game. 8:00 in the 3rd quarter, toss play, Hosley puts the FB on his butt. Lol.

Not bad for a 180 pound CB vs. a 270 pound FB. that's the play that stuck out to me, I was like wow we have a tough lil CB in Hosley. I know the Giants like Hosley in the slot but Prince and Coe better watch out because I really think Hosley is gonna take their jobs

slipknottin
09-17-2012, 04:36 PM
that's the play that stuck out to me, I was like wow we have a tough lil CB in Hosley. I know the Giants like Hosley in the slot but Prince and Coe better watch out because I really think Hosley is gonna take their jobs

Well they really need three starters, even if Hosley is playing only in the slot he is going to be on the field for 70+% of the defensive snaps.

DVision
09-17-2012, 04:45 PM

Not bad for a 180 pound CB vs. a 270 pound FB.

After watching his play I now know what Reese meant when he said he plays much bigger than his size! No fear or hesitation at all! Plus as much as I'm tired of the word, he has that "swagger" I wish Prince could exude! Total confidence!!

DownWitJPP
09-17-2012, 04:55 PM
Well they really need three starters, even if Hosley is playing only in the slot he is going to be on the field for 70+% of the defensive snaps. yea I agree that we need 3 solid CB's on the field and that whoever is playing in the slot will have a good amount of playing time, but Hosley might be the best of the 3 corners. I don't know whats going on with Webby this year but he's been getting picked on.

I also know that playing the slot takes a special skill set, do you think Prince or Coe could play the slot if we decided to move Hosley out wide? I doubt this happens at least for this year anyway

slipknottin
09-17-2012, 04:59 PM
yea I agree that we need 3 solid CB's on the field and that whoever is playing in the slot will have a good amount of playing time, but Hosley might be the best of the 3 corners. I don't know whats going on with Webby this year but he's been getting picked on.

I also know that playing the slot takes a special skill set, do you think Prince or Coe could play the slot if we decided to move Hosley out wide? I doubt this happens at least for this year anyway

I think Hosley is the best fit at nickel of any CB on the roster. He has by far the quickest feet, and will be able to cover the two way go's better than any other CB.

Prince, Web, and Coe should be outside with their height.

titwio
09-17-2012, 05:00 PM
Hosley was second on the team in tackles yesterday behind JPP(8) with six. Five were solo for the most on the team.

Not bad for a guy who appeared to be silent the whole game...(which was a good thing)

slipknottin
09-17-2012, 05:00 PM
yea I agree that we need 3 solid CB's on the field and that whoever is playing in the slot will have a good amount of playing time, but Hosley might be the best of the 3 corners. I don't know whats going on with Webby this year but he's been getting picked on.

I think Hosley is the best fit at nickel of any CB on the roster. He has by far the quickest feet, and will be able to cover the two way go's better than any other CB.

Prince, Web, and Coe should be outside with their height.

If T2 was healthy and still around, he would have made a great nickel CB in a "heavy package" with his size and willingness to take on backs and OL.

But in terms of defending the pass, and having some ability against the run with his scrappiness, Hosley is a great fit.

DownWitJPP
09-17-2012, 05:08 PM
I feel the same way that he's the best fit in the slot, I just want this kid on the field all the time LOL...and that's saying something for a rookie CB.

moosedrool
09-17-2012, 05:56 PM
Well they really need three starters, even if Hosley is playing only in the slot he is going to be on the field for 70+% of the defensive snaps.

He needs to be on the field for 100% of the snaps.

CowboysSuck
09-17-2012, 06:14 PM
Wow i did not know he played so many snaps. Considering i dont remember hearing his name called, HOSLEY IS THE MAN. Revis part II.
Ok, am i going overboard?

GMEN023
09-17-2012, 06:16 PM
Nice stuff guys thanks for answering my OP. I was curious since I barely noticed him but seems like he held up pretty well. Also the game will be replayed on NFL Network at 8:00 pm in a condensed version so maybe I'll keep an eye out for him.

slipknottin
09-17-2012, 06:17 PM
He needs to be on the field for 100% of the snaps.

So does Prince

giantsfan420
09-17-2012, 06:22 PM
He's a steal as a 3rd round draft pick. He would have been a 1st round pick if he didn't fail a drug test at the combine.
exactly why JR took him. it wasnt a character concern, it was a stupid mistake. JR had no issue signing off on him.

and i was saying since the moment we drafted our 1rst 3 rounds that JR is a mastermind. 3 picks, all of 1rst pick talent who will contribute this season while progressing as players. Hosely is someone we should all be excited with. he has excellent mirror ability, he can stay with a WR and basically just lock him down. he declared for the NFL bc he was bored with the lack of competition of college ball, and with something like 14 ints one of his final years, i dont disbelieve him. he and prince r our corner tandem of the future and i for one couldnt be happier about it. both have the potential to be legit lock down corners...i knew hosely would be our nickel corner from jump street, he is just too talented to keep off the field. he can simply cover his guy while he learns everything else...

Ecoda
09-17-2012, 07:35 PM
I think some of those tackles were on special teams.

slipknottin
09-17-2012, 07:37 PM
I think some of those tackles were on special teams.

He had 1 tackle on STs.