PDA

View Full Version : THAT IS HOW WE PLAY OFFENSE FROM NOW ON!!!!

eLi MusT gO dEEp
09-17-2012, 02:11 PM
I am sick n tired of the same old same old and I KNOW that over 95% of you guys are as well. RUN RUN PASS RUN RUN PASS. GOAL LINE: RUN RUN PASS FIELD GOAL.

But in that 2nd half [4th Qrt really] we saw how the Giants look when they spread it out and Eli chucks the ball. We've seen it before but yesterday it was magical. Andre Brown was tremendous in the run game. Bennet lining up as a WR and actually looking like one. All we need to do is go deep with Eli, spread a few under neath routes here and there when we need possession downs, slip in those Draw plays to keep the defense honest and then spell in David Wilson for a speed run every once in a blue moon. We'd take over all of those teams that the media thinks are "high octaine" offenses in a HEART BEAT.

I love the old school/old man ground and pound play defense style but right now I just feel like deep down we have a weapon in Eli that we have never truely unleashed in a ferocious manner but with THESE WRs I know we can and he will thrive!

And I hope Andre Brown has at least earned himself a split #1 with Ahmad. We flat out looked better with him in there. It was a total team effort but was undoubtedly the X Factor that got our motors going again.

ELIte4MVP
09-17-2012, 02:13 PM
i'm a little confused. so you want us to air it out more, but also are saying you like how brown played. so do you just think we should favor the pass a little more than before, but still mix in runs to keep the defense true? because if that is the case, then i agree

Drez
09-17-2012, 02:18 PM
We did not run on first AND second down ONCE in this game. Only a few times did we ever run the ball twice consecutively. From a quick glance at the play-by-play, most of those were after gaining either a first down or a decent gainer on the previous run.

GameTime
09-17-2012, 02:19 PM
you kow nothing about Giants football the last three season if you think it is RUN RUN PASS...
Watch and learn the game then come back and comment....
Besides if Eli didnt throw 3 pics that ended up as 21 points for the Bucs the 510 yards and 4th quarter heroics wouldn't have been necessary.
Not slamming Eli I am just making a point on how the game situation dictates what and how yuo play.

eLi MusT gO dEEp
09-17-2012, 07:05 PM
i'm a little confused. so you want us to air it out more, but also are saying you like how brown played. so do you just think we should favor the pass a little more than before, but still mix in runs to keep the defense true? because if that is the case, then i agree

Yeah basically I mean I don't think I was too confusing but yeah I think with our WRs and Bennet if he's going to be able to make plays like that TD grab I mean I know he's had the dropsies but yeah we are capable of being an air it out team with a mix of that old school Giant pound. We can run the ball as much as we ever did but need to go deep instead of a lot of the underneath crap we see so much of. How many times do you see on 3rd down the Giants will throw an underneath route? Even seems like they favor them when not on 3rd. Let's do it.

eLi MusT gO dEEp
09-17-2012, 07:08 PM
We did not run on first AND second down ONCE in this game. Only a few times did we ever run the ball twice consecutively. From a quick glance at the play-by-play, most of those were after gaining either a first down or a decent gainer on the previous run.

We aired it out early because I think we didn't trust Ahmad much but once Brown came in we started to run it more. And I was talking more historically, at least since I've been watching the team. Maybe it's not RUN RUN PASS per se on EVERY SINGLE DRIVE but I was eluding to a point that the offense a lot of times can be frustrating to watch and very same ole. Not saying we shouldn't run the ball down people's throats, it's just that we need to get that ball up there more and let our boys make plays because they have shown they can now and consistantly. I want to see more airing it out on a consistant basis. Not GB style but more so to the point where we put our tfoots on teams' throats EARLY and don't have to come back / make a game out of it and STRUGGLE.

eLi MusT gO dEEp
09-17-2012, 07:14 PM
you kow nothing about Giants football the last three season if you think it is RUN RUN PASS...
Besides if Eli didnt throw 3 pics that ended up as 21 points for the Bucs the 510 yards and 4th quarter heroics wouldn't have been necessary.
Not slamming Eli I am just making a point on how the game situation dictates what and how yuo play.

The Giants have been a "RUN RUN PASS" team forever. You guys taking RUN RUN PASS literally and what not really need to open your eyes. Sure, we do go deep a bunch. We open it up. But historically and a lot of times through out current seasons we revert back. We always have relied upon running the ball, defense, and a QB who can manage the game and at times take it over. What I want to do is to just unleash Eli. I don't ever want to revert back unless it's a playoff game maybe. Or a bad conditions game. Eli showed us and has showed us that he is capable of not only being an ELITE QB, but go beyond that. And sure the game started bad but did it finish that way? No so who gives a damn about how we started. Collectively we erased that effort with a better one.

BTW His first pick was a bad throw. He had his man and under threw it. I don't remember the other one but then the Pick 6 one was just a bad play call where we shouldn't even be throwing a weak 3 yard pass when we have to go 50 for the TD or at least get in FG range. Should have ran the ball a few times theres if anything with 3 Timeouts. We could have maybe snuck 1 in they were more than likely looking pass at the end of the half.

Drez
09-17-2012, 07:20 PM
The Giants have been a "RUN RUN PASS" team forever. You guys taking RUN RUN PASS literally and what not really need to open your eyes. Sure, we do go deep a bunch. We open it up. But historically and a lot of times through out current seasons we revert back. We always have relied upon running the ball, defense, and a QB who can manage the game and at times take it over. What I want to do is to just unleash Eli. I don't ever want to revert back unless it's a playoff game maybe. Or a bad conditions game. Eli showed us and has showed us that he is capable of not only being an ELITE QB, but go beyond that. And sure the game started bad but did it finish that way? No so who gives a damn about how we started. Collectively we erased that effort with a better one.

BTW His first pick was a bad throw. He had his man and under threw it. I don't remember the other one but then the Pick 6 one was just a bad play call where we shouldn't even be throwing a weak 3 yard pass when we have to go 50 for the TD or at least get in FG range. Should have ran the ball a few times theres if anything with 3 Timeouts. We could have maybe snuck 1 in they were more than likely looking pass at the end of the half.
We haven't been a run dominated team since '08.

eLi MusT gO dEEp
09-17-2012, 08:07 PM
We haven't been a run dominated team since '08.

That's just the thing. We have no true identity anymore on offense. Somedays we'll come out and chuck it with Eli early, somedays we'll come out and go run heavy. It's frustrating because I feel like we've won A LOT of games despite bad play calling.

BlueSanta
09-17-2012, 08:59 PM
I am sick n tired of the same old same old and I KNOW that over 95% of you guys are as well. RUN RUN PASS RUN RUN PASS. GOAL LINE: RUN RUN PASS FIELD GOAL.

You might want to check to make sure you are watching the NY Football Giants, and not some other team. We have certainly NOT been run, run , pass this year. Not even close.

We have 41 rushing attempts to 83 passing attempts.

I Bleed Blue 56
09-17-2012, 09:01 PM
Im going to have to disagree with you on this the Giants have been very notorious for going with the run two plays in a row. Go on www.bigblueinteractive and read the article by eric on there. He has been writting about the Giants for over 20 years and he even said the same thing. We need to stop running on first down and running in consecutive plays.