PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone notice....

Morehead State
09-17-2012, 03:26 PM
...That we were able to put up 41 point, run up over 600 yards of offense, come back from a 2 score defecit...all without firing our OC, completely revamping our offense by running a full blown no huddle offense?
Its amazing what happens when everybody actually just plays better.

There really is no substitute for execution.

RoanokeFan
09-17-2012, 03:35 PM
...That we were able to put up 41 point, run up over 600 yards of offense, come back from a 2 score defecit...all without firing our OC, completely revamping our offense by running a full blown no huddle offense?

The day isn't over yet

ryan12
09-17-2012, 03:36 PM
ELI IS THE MAN

GameTime
09-17-2012, 03:38 PM

to be honest I started bugging out a little bit when they were behind by two scores and really didnt show a sense or urgency. Or seemingly didnt show a sense of urgency. I was fully expecting a no huddle at some point. I guess thats the rabid fan in me starting to freakout as time was dwindling....lol
Can't argue with the results though..
So tell me MS how did you feel about the kneel down play???.......LOL.....had to go there....;)

ryan12
09-17-2012, 03:39 PM
to be honest I started bugging out a little bit when they were behind by two scores and really didnt show a sense or urgency. Or seemingly didnt show a sense of urgency. I was fully expecting a no huddle at some point. I guess thats the rabid fan in me starting to freakout as time was dwindling....lol
So tell me MS how did you feel about the kneel down play???.......LOL.....had to go there....;)

he thinks its fine

giantsfan420
09-17-2012, 03:40 PM
well we did go to the pass much more after bradshaw went down. it cost us 3 picks, but also opened up the run game in the 2nd half. TB has a very good d i was surprised how many pieces they've added and the fight they brought.

i wont lie tho, when we were down two scores in the 3rd, i did want them to go to a more hurried pace. it felt like they werent keeping any sort of tempo. this offense is capable of such big play strikes tho so we didnt get burned running out of time to comeback. but yeah, much better 2nd half.

and also, i was of the opinion that IF the ol couldnt improve and we couldnt run the ball at all, that THEN the no huddle may be the only option left. OL was great imo esp when lockler went to RT and Beatty to LT

ryan12
09-17-2012, 03:40 PM
i told my house that looked like the were going to off themselves at halftime that we were still in the game and we have the best 2nd half qb in the nfl

lamas
09-17-2012, 03:43 PM
ELI IS THE MAN

Yessir he was (minus the picks), and Cruz and Nicks were lights out. Very impressive.

Morehead State
09-17-2012, 03:44 PM
i told my house that looked like the were going to off themselves at halftime that we were still in the game and we have the best 2nd half qb in the nfl
My point is that our scheme is fine, our playcalling is fine. We move the ball and score when our players execute. Last week they didn't, this week they did.
No playcalling is going to change that.

RoanokeFan
09-17-2012, 03:46 PM

But I go t you over the hump :rolleyes:

GameTime
09-17-2012, 03:46 PM
My point is that our scheme is fine, our playcalling is fine. We move the ball and score when our players execute. Last week they didn't, this week they did.

Thats like John Madden saying..." hee hee.... the team that scores the most points... hee hee.... usually wins hee hee".......

GameTime
09-17-2012, 03:47 PM
But I go t you over the hump :rolleyes:
yes you did. You are my game day therapist........
Thanks Buckeroo.....

RoanokeFan
09-17-2012, 03:47 PM

Of course you're right, it's always the execution but it's hard to convince those who insist on blaming coaches.

Giantsfan241
09-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Or we played vs a weaker team and barely made it out.

gumby74
09-17-2012, 03:50 PM

Even with the crappiest coach, you can blame execution. Something's gotta give at some point.

GameTime
09-17-2012, 03:51 PM
Or we played vs a weaker team and barely made it out.
barely making out had 0 to do with the play calling IMO.....

TheAnalyst
09-17-2012, 03:52 PM
Its a chuck and duck offense. High potent offense with a ton of points and yards but also a ton of turnovers and miscues. Awesome when we win, horrible when we lose. That is KG in a nut shell.

Drez
09-17-2012, 04:00 PM

Well, Rosie did start a thread questioning why we threw deep to Cruz on 3rd and 2.

GameTime
09-17-2012, 04:03 PM
Its a chuck and duck offense. High potent offense with a ton of points and yards but also a ton of turnovers and miscues. Awesome when we win, horrible when we lose. That is KG in a nut shell.
nah....chuck and duck make sit seem like a willy nilly undiciplined offense...which it is not.

Morehead State
09-17-2012, 04:06 PM
Thats like John Madden saying..." hee hee.... the team that scores the most points... hee hee.... usually wins hee hee".......
It was a answer to the threads from last week blaming scheme and playcalling for the loss. My view was that it was just poor play by the players.
Thats all.

GameTime
09-17-2012, 04:07 PM
It was a answer to the threads from last week blaming scheme and playcalling for the loss. My view was that it was just poor play by the players.
Thats all.
all good MS....just having some fun.....

burier
09-17-2012, 04:11 PM

You think we "Just played better"?

I'm shocked. I would have guessed you would have said that we got healthy at the right time.

Morehead State
09-17-2012, 04:20 PM
You think we "Just played better"?

I'm shocked. I would have guessed you would have said that we got healthy at the right time.
Just when I'm irritated by you, you go and say something charming like this.

RoanokeFan
09-17-2012, 04:38 PM
yes you did. You are my game day therapist........
Thanks Buckeroo.....

LOL You are too much

RoanokeFan
09-17-2012, 04:42 PM
Well, Rosie did start a thread questioning why we threw deep to Cruz on 3rd and 2.

And if we had run, it would have been "look how predictable" There is no common ground. I was surprised last week when Cruz had what I pray is the worst game of his career that we didn't hear how that was Gilbride's fault. No I love Victor Cruz, but his drops and penalties we all on him. Execution, concentration, period.

Players play and coaches coach. I don't care what play is called, when the ball is snapped it's all about the execution.

RoanokeFan
09-17-2012, 04:42 PM
Just when I'm irritated by you, you go and say something charming like this.

He has your number MS

GMan-67
09-17-2012, 04:45 PM
go STATE go ... it's EXECUTION more than anything !!!!

and Eli himself (your sometimes buddy) perfectly defined it ... 1st half ... almost as bad as an ELITE QB can play, 2nd half almost as great as any QB can ever play

Kruunch
09-17-2012, 04:47 PM

Logic has no place on these boards. :p

Kruunch
09-17-2012, 04:49 PM

You just described the Jets, not the Giants.

Morehead State
09-17-2012, 04:51 PM
go STATE go ... it's EXECUTION more than anything !!!!

and Eli himself (your sometimes buddy) perfectly defined it ... 1st half ... almost as bad as an ELITE QB can play, 2nd half almost as great as any QB can ever play
I told my wife the same thing.
I told her that "I've never seen Eli so bad and so good in the same game"

pino
09-17-2012, 04:56 PM
I told my wife the same thing.
I told her that "I've never seen Eli so bad and so good in the same game"

You did mention last week that you'd rather Eli throw picks AND win the game.

Morehead State
09-17-2012, 04:58 PM
You did mention last week that you'd rather Eli throw picks AND win the game.
Guess what........

.I'm a lot "prouder" of Eli this week than I was last week. That was a tremendous performance in the 2nd half, especially after such a poor first half.

pino
09-17-2012, 05:07 PM
I remember a time not too long ago when Eli threw a bunch of picks, but also a few TD's against Romo and his boys. Romo was struggling to even get TD that day. When cowboy fan tried to make fun of Eli's bad decisions I said something about how he wished Romo would throw INTs if it meant he could throw for a TD.

He replied, "You got a point..."

YATittle1962
09-17-2012, 05:22 PM
The day isn't over yet

hahahahaha

this had me rolling

RoanokeFan
09-17-2012, 05:31 PM
hahahahaha

this had me rolling

I don't know about you, YA, but anymore I wait for it to hit. Just the fact that MS created this thread, and I agree with him totally, is indicative of that thought process. I've never seen another environment where the rush to blame is as pervasive as it is here. Last year, before TC was King of the Hill, he was a bum. Old, set in his ways, blah, blah, blah. What changed? The players and their attitudes, in some cases.

TC didn't change the message, they finally tuned him in.