PDA

View Full Version : My un-educated take on the game!

bigjeep
09-17-2012, 03:42 PM
Did Tuck and Osi play in the game or were they given the day off? Didn't watch the game live, watched the "tape". Eli was much better throughout the game then it sounded on radio. Eli, as usual owns the 4th quarter. Is Brown the real deal? Will Bennett stop dropping passes? Will Tampa Bay stop holding on to our receivers that created one Interception? Will someone please pressure the QB? Did Osi and Tuck play or were they Injured? Will the real Officials come back? The Tampa Bay Coach is an *******!!!! Please, someone send out a search party and find Osi and Tuck, we need them!

Giantsfan241
09-17-2012, 03:43 PM
Tuck most of been contemplating retirement again during the game.

bigjeep
09-17-2012, 03:45 PM
Tuck most of been contemplating retirement again during the game.

LOL!

Buddy333
09-17-2012, 04:21 PM
Their job is more than just sacking the QB. I don't get all the hate heads today for Tuck and Osi. Did Tampa run the ball well? Did Tampa make quick throws like TC said to slow down the pass rush?

GMan-67
09-17-2012, 04:41 PM
no, no it was Fewell's fault .. he failed to tell them what number the QB was wearing, so they just kinda hung out :)

slipknottin
09-17-2012, 04:59 PM
They were no shows. Staying in your lanes does not mean you cant rush the QB.

Linval Joseph leads the giants in QB hits....

While there were certainly some quick throws, there were quite a few times when Freeman had ALL day and nobody even close to him.

Eli2Shockey4aTD
09-17-2012, 05:02 PM
I think Tuck was good in containing the run. As for Osi I have no idea.

Laurah1275
09-17-2012, 05:06 PM
Tuck most of been contemplating retirement again during the game.Wrong, Tuck is conserving his energy for some amazing, new, get pumped, now is the time, I got a ring, it's the greatest feeling in the world, playoff speeches........He really is good at that though. :)

Coach Carter
09-17-2012, 05:39 PM
Did Tuck and Osi play in the game or were they given the day off? Didn't watch the game live, watched the "tape". Eli was much better throughout the game then it sounded on radio. Eli, as usual owns the 4th quarter. Is Brown the real deal? Will Bennett stop dropping passes? Will Tampa Bay stop holding on to our receivers that created one Interception? Will someone please pressure the QB? Did Osi and Tuck play or were they Injured? Will the real Officials come back? The Tampa Bay Coach is an *******!!!! Please, someone send out a search party and find Osi and Tuck, we need them!

At least you said your take was uneducated, Osi and Tuck were double teamed and chipped frequently. Also, opposing teams are not taking 7 step drops vs our d-line, most teams are going to 3-step drops where the ball gets out in less than 3 seconds.

since teams are so focused on our ends, Fewell needs to blitz more up the middle (as in slow *** Chase Blackburn coming in untouched for a sack). However, with two of our top three corner backs not playing, it is hard to blitz without getting burnt. Do you see the problems Fewell has a a defensive coordinator?

when Prince returns and he and Holsey get some experience, the Giants will return to blitzing up the middle.

DVision
09-17-2012, 05:55 PM
They were no shows. Staying in your lanes does not mean you cant rush the QB.

Linval Joseph leads the giants in QB hits....

While there were certainly some quick throws, there were quite a few times when Freeman had ALL day and nobody even close to him.

I think they need to keep Linval in on some passing situations. He has a quick first step and has been collapsing the pocket, unlike Kiwi and Tuck (who I saw get put on his back)! I know they have to watch his snap count though. I can't wait for Canty to come back!

FBomb
09-17-2012, 06:09 PM

As I read this, the theme song for "Soap" was playing in my head. :rolleyes:

fansince69
09-17-2012, 06:15 PM

I had to reread this 2x and then it hit me what you were talking about....made me laugh hard.....some of us it just takes a while

SweetZombieJesus
09-17-2012, 06:32 PM
I think people are starting to learn how to counter our front 4, and the D line coach needs to adapt new techniques to circumvent them.

We all KNOW JPP gives 110% effort on every snap and he isn't getting his name called much, he slips through the cracks 2 or 3 times a game. For both Tuck and Osi to be on the field and silent doesn't happen and this is the 2nd game where there is no pressure without blitzing.

I think the front four need to get creative, people have caught up to them.

bigjeep
09-17-2012, 06:49 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVffO-mNLdE

FBomb
09-17-2012, 07:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVffO-mNLdE

One of the funniest/cleverest shows of that era.

sc_markt
09-17-2012, 08:40 PM
Is Brown the real deal?

He has potential...

bigjeep
09-17-2012, 08:47 PM
One of the funniest/cleverest shows of that era.

Lost in space is my all time favorite!

Giantsfan241
09-18-2012, 02:45 AM
Wrong, Tuck is conserving his energy for some amazing, new, get pumped, now is the time, I got a ring, it's the greatest feeling in the world, playoff speeches........He really is good at that though. :)
He's no Strahan lol

ELI_Iz_God
09-18-2012, 02:50 AM
Wrong, Tuck is conserving his energy for some amazing, new, get pumped, now is the time, I got a ring, it's the greatest feeling in the world, playoff speeches........He really is good at that though. :)

Well in that case we can cut him and hire him back as the teams motivational speaker....that way we can free up a roster spot for someone who is interested in sacking the QB. Everybody wins!

giant-4-life
09-18-2012, 02:50 AM
Their job is more than just sacking the QB. I don't get all the hate heads today for Tuck and Osi. Did Tampa run the ball well? Did Tampa make quick throws like TC said to slow down the pass rush?

that's a fair assessment. I think alot of folks miss the overload of sacks. this is only the second game

Captain Chaos
09-18-2012, 06:03 AM
79 yds on the ground and 243 in the air, was a good performance; however, I think a little more pressure on the QB would have been nice. Jackson shouldn't be allowed to get 130 yds, Tuck 3 tackles no sacks and no hits. Osi 0 tackles, 0 sacks and 0 hits. I don't know if people are do a better job of scheming against our front 4 or they are not as good as we thing they are....

Marvelousmik
09-18-2012, 06:19 AM

+1