PDA

View Full Version : Coughlin: Wait and see on Prince

RoanokeFan
09-17-2012, 06:08 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/17288/coughlin-wait-and-see-on-prince

Excerpt: "Tom Coughlin said Prince Amukamara (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13975/prince-amukamara) still had "some issues" last week with his high ankle sprain but is hoping the cornerback can help on Thursday against Carolina.

Coughlin said Amukamara will have to show in practice on Tuesday that he is a little stronger and he might have to play through some pain. Amukamara has been sidelined by a high ankle sprain since Aug. 24.

"We'll see," Coughlin said. "He did work last week, as everybody knows, and he did have one really good day ... (and) a couple of days where we had some issues, so we'll see how he is having been able to rest here.

"Hopefully he'll be a little bit stronger," Coughlin added. "Maybe perhaps play with a minimal amount of pain. We'll just have to see." Read more...

GameTime
09-17-2012, 06:38 PM
Prince is a mystery to me. Many fans cant wait till he gets back. IMO he is another CB on a roster. Thats it. He hasnt really done anything for me to get all pumped about. Not saying he doesnt have skills and I hope he gets healthy and kicks some butt however I dont see him as some kind of savior for the secondary. he hasnt shown that yet at all...

RoanokeFan
09-17-2012, 06:48 PM
Prince is a mystery to me. Many fans cant wait till he gets back. IMO he is another CB on a roster. Thats it. He hasnt really done anything for me to get all pumped about. Not saying he doesnt have skills and I hope he gets healthy and kicks some butt however I dont see him as some kind of savior for the secondary. he hasnt shown that yet at all...

I tend to agree. While acknowledging he was a # 1 draft pick and he has been injured, what time e has been on the field has been underwhelming. I still hope he pans out but haven't see it yet.

appodictic
09-17-2012, 06:52 PM
at this point anyone would be better then seeing tyron out there. Even prince.

The_ One
09-17-2012, 06:53 PM
I tend to agree. While acknowledging he was a # 1 draft pick and he has been injured, what time e has been on the field has been underwhelming. I still hope he pans out but haven't see it yet.Underwhelming in what way, when he has played he has played well, everyone keeps forgetting about last years playoffs. And once he gets healthy and plays more, he will gain more confidence, and at the CB position it means alot, remember when everyone wanted C.Webb gone.

GMan-67
09-17-2012, 07:06 PM
but he was a 1st round pick vs. the UDFAs, cut players, PS players, journeyman players, cast offs, special teamers we are trying to roll with now ... yes, there are plenty of 1st rounders that dont pan out, but he held up in roughly 9 games last season and we really need him now, but high ankle sprains are serious injuries, so maybe one more game we have to piece it together

RoanokeFan
09-17-2012, 07:17 PM
at this point anyone would be better then seeing tyron out there. Even prince.

Agreed, but Tryon is the last guy in rotation and should not be in the position he's been forced into.

RoanokeFan
09-17-2012, 07:19 PM
Underwhelming in what way, when he has played he has played well, everyone keeps forgetting about last years playoffs. And once he gets healthy and plays more, he will gain more confidence, and at the CB position it means alot, remember when everyone wanted C.Webb gone.

He needs to be on the field more than he has been. Underwhelming meaning he's not made the impact I would expect from a # 1 draft pick in two years. I also hope it happens and happens soon.

RoanokeFan
09-17-2012, 07:20 PM
but he was a 1st round pick vs. the UDFAs, cut players, PS players, journeyman players, cast offs, special teamers we are trying to roll with now ... yes, there are plenty of 1st rounders that dont pan out, but he held up in roughly 9 games last season and we really need him now, but high ankle sprains are serious injuries, so maybe one more game we have to piece it together

I hope he's 100% whenever they let him come back

jomo
09-17-2012, 07:55 PM
I tend to agree. While acknowledging he was a # 1 draft pick and he has been injured, what time e has been on the field has been underwhelming. I still hope he pans out but haven't see it yet.Agree, I want him to be great but he needs to show me something............anything. Hopefully that comes Thursday.

RoanokeFan
09-17-2012, 08:09 PM
Agree, I want him to be great but he needs to show me something............anything. Hopefully that comes Thursday.

We can't reasonably expect the also-rans to shoulder the load game after game. I don 't mean that in a disparaging way but. realistically, they have just not had enough time to develop in the system.

Buddy333
09-17-2012, 08:22 PM
I think he showed signs in the post season and this pre season. I do expect some rust when he does come back. It would be nice if he could play even a little this game, have a nice long layoff, and then be ready for the next game.

GameTime
09-17-2012, 08:35 PM
I think he showed signs in the post season and this pre season. I do expect some rust when he does come back. It would be nice if he could play even a little this game, have a nice long layoff, and then be ready for the next game.
Just using your post as a platform....nothing directed towards you.
I know he showed stuff in the post season but I still dont look at it like "once Prince gets back they are set".....
He still has a lot to prove. I hope he does and I hope kicks ***......

Buddy333
09-17-2012, 10:13 PM
Just saying, when he played in the post season last year he was good. Not saying he has proven himself as a reliable CB. Just saying he has shown signs. Unfortunately he has been injured in his short career.

GameTime
09-17-2012, 11:01 PM
Just saying, when he played in the post season last year he was good. Not saying he has proven himself as a reliable CB. Just saying he has shown signs. Unfortunately he has been injured in his short career.

we'll see. Hope he gets healthy and pans out....

Buddy333
09-17-2012, 11:17 PM
I also hope hey let him and Webster play more press. Both are physical CB's and I think it's best to let them do what they do best.

Gmen2005
09-17-2012, 11:33 PM
I'm excited to see him back to playing. I'm assuming he'll be playing this week vs the panthers?

GiantWarfare
09-18-2012, 12:24 AM

I second that statement

ELI_Iz_God
09-18-2012, 02:33 AM
If Prince keeps being consistant with injuries every season we could very well be looking at T2 Part 2. Not saying we are anywhere near there yet but time will tell

Captain Chaos
09-18-2012, 06:10 AM
Color me goofy, but I think he may be just a tad better than Tyron. Yes he is needs to show what he's got as a starter but I think he can get there.

miked1958
09-18-2012, 09:57 AM
I agree if he is 75% he is an upgrade over coe or tyron

Dwinsballgames
09-18-2012, 10:27 AM
I agree if he is 75% he is an upgrade over coe or tyron

He better be closer to 120% if he's gonna line up across from Steve Smith

GameTime
09-18-2012, 10:30 AM
He better be closer to 120% if he's gonna line up across from Steve Smith

+1.....The Giant's CBs were playing sides last week and not WRs it seemed. Web on Jackson sometimes. Not the whole game.
Carolina Smith is a great player. Saw him at the Giants stadium years back in warm ups. Had the jugs machine firing passes at him and he was catching them one handed. One left and one right.......