PDA

View Full Version : if I am not mistaken I think Nicks and Cruz made history

YATittle1962
09-17-2012, 06:32 PM
I dont think another receiving duo has ever had each player with 10+ catches and 175+ receiving yards in one game

not too shabby

GMan-67
09-17-2012, 06:33 PM
yes sir, we witnessed history even if we were pacing around and pulling clumps of hair out :)

CowboysSuck
09-17-2012, 06:35 PM
yes sir, we witnessed history even if we were pacing around and pulling clumps of hair out :)

... you actually do that?

jk ..if the average fan is pacing around and pulling their hair out, than I am sprinting around and cutting my hair off!!

Laurah1275
09-17-2012, 06:38 PM
yes sir, we witnessed history even if we were pacing around and pulling clumps of hair out :)Stick around...people will be bald by end of season ;)

fansince69
09-17-2012, 06:40 PM
Stick around...people will be bald by end of season ;)

We could all just save time and shave:o

giantsfan420
09-17-2012, 06:42 PM
dont forget each had a td

Giant stuck in Texas
09-17-2012, 06:55 PM
I had Eli and Cruz both starting in my fantasy yesterday. Needless to say, I had a great day in lala land and the real world.

jomo
09-17-2012, 06:59 PM
I dont think another receiving duo has ever had each player with 10+ catches and 175+ receiving yards in one game

not too shabbyWow and to think that I saw 90% of all that while arriving in the stadium at half time. Long story about what got me there so late........ but I was there with my son and I have witnesses! lol

Tuckit91
09-17-2012, 06:59 PM
I had Eli and Cruz both starting in my fantasy yesterday. Needless to say, I had a great day in lala land and the real world.

I have Eli, Cruz and Bennett on my team.

Giant stuck in Texas
09-17-2012, 07:01 PM
I have Eli, Cruz and Bennett on my team.

Bold move, I have V. Davis as my TE.

Redeyejedi
09-17-2012, 07:06 PM

not too shabbyHakeem Nicks was unstoppable in that 4th quarter.Talib held him on every play. I love Hakeem Nicks ,The guy plays the game so hard. He is so violent with the way he cuts and runs.he is so physical i hope his body can last. He might not have a long career

I Bleed Blue
09-17-2012, 07:07 PM
I will tell you this. These two receivers are a beast. The best duo in the league hands down. When they are on they are damn near unstoppable. When the 3rd receiver spot is solidified, they will really be something to deal with. They may have finally figured out what this O Line should look like. I also hope they feature Brown a lot more. He hits the hole with some conviction.

I've always had a good feeling about him. He just needed to stay healthy. A heavy dose of Brown and the rookie could make our play action passing game lethal. If it weren't for the blatant holding on Nicks and Cruz, they could have each gained over 200 yards. What a find Cruz was. He's more than just a slot receiver. He can play the outside as well and has very good speed. And Nicks, well, what can you say but "WARRIOR"

juice33s
09-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Fittingly after their record breaking day, they're currently tied for first for the league lead in receiving yards

miked1958
09-17-2012, 07:24 PM
Eli also hit 7th all time for most yards in a game at 510. Also he was only 3yards short of the mark set by Phil Simms in a loss back in 85.

slipknottin
09-17-2012, 07:31 PM
So I take it people finally realize that Nicks is a far better player than Plaxico ever was?

fansince69
09-17-2012, 07:33 PM
So I take it people finally realize that Nicks is a far better player than Plaxico ever was?

I didn't realize that was even in question....Nicks went past Plax by his second year.....to me Toomer could still be a discussion but not Plax

Toadofsteel
09-17-2012, 07:37 PM
I knew Nicks was better player than Plax in the middle of 2009... Not only that, he's a far better Giant. He embodies the Giants philosophy and TC's style much better than Plax could ever hope to...

Flip Empty
09-17-2012, 07:40 PM
No argument here. Nicks and Cruz complement each other perfectly.

BlueSanta
09-17-2012, 07:54 PM
Well it would be hard to argue this point even if you weren't a Giants fan considering Nicks and Cruz are currently tied for most receiving yards in the league at 237.

yoeddy
09-17-2012, 08:13 PM
I didn't realize that was even in question....Nicks went past Plax by his second year.....to me Toomer could still be a discussion but not Plax

Before Coughlin came around, Toomer's reputation was as a guy who would disappear at clutch time...Plax was better than Toomer...

fansince69
09-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Before Coughlin came around, Toomer's reputation was as a guy who would disappear at clutch time...Plax was better than Toomer...

sorry thats nuts.....Toomer in his prime was a very good wide receiver....Plax when he was here made good plays but had just as many plays he gave up on...how short our memories are

speed3freak
09-17-2012, 08:53 PM
I completely agree, Toomer was a VERY GOOD wide receiver in his prime years. Further, although I disagree with your statement, Toomer would have more than made up for his supposed "disappearance at clutch time" with his performance against Tampa Bay, Dallas, and New England during the 07' superbowl run. He will go down as one of my most respected Giants.

Cool Papa B.
09-17-2012, 08:59 PM
That's amazing that it has never been done.

The Air Coryell teams with Fouts, Joyner, and Winslow; the Dolphins teams with Marino, mark Clayton and Mark Duper; the 49ers teams with Montana, Rice and John Taylor. None of those teams have ever done that? WOW!!!!!

With Eli just coming into the prime of his career and Nicks and Cruz in their 20's it will be interesting to see how far these guys go, and how many records they break.

Roosevelt
09-17-2012, 09:36 PM

not too shabby

It's all because of our quarterback. ;)

DragonSoul
09-17-2012, 10:20 PM

jk ..if the average fan is pacing around and pulling their hair out, than I am sprinting around and cutting my hair off!!nothing new. It is a given with this team.

miked1958
09-18-2012, 12:50 AM
That's amazing that it has never been done.The Air Coryell teams with Fouts, Joyner, and Winslow; the Dolphins teams with Marino, mark Clayton and Mark Duper; the 49ers teams with Montana, Rice and John Taylor. None of those teams have ever done that? WOW!!!!!With Eli just coming into the prime of his career and Nicks and Cruz in their 20's it will be interesting to see how far these guys go, and how many records they break.They can go a long way if we can work out a few problems.... I think this group is good enough for two more SB wins

Captain Chaos
09-18-2012, 05:11 AM
They are a great tandem, I think there is plenty more in store.

Cool Papa B.
09-18-2012, 09:54 AM
They can go a long way if we can work out a few problems.... I think this group is good enough for two more SB wins

Not much to work out.Nicks missed most of training camp, but the timing with him and Eli is spot on. And Cruz and Eli have their timing and communication down too.

Morehead State
09-18-2012, 09:57 AM
Julio Jones and Roddy White are pretty good.

GameTime
09-18-2012, 10:06 AM
you are not allowed to say that on a Giants board..
for shame....

Morehead State
09-18-2012, 10:08 AM
you are not allowed to say that on a Giants board..
for shame....
Its the "INNER WOODY WOODPECKER" IN ME.

nhpgiantsfan
09-18-2012, 10:11 AM
sorry thats nuts.....Toomer in his prime was a very good wide receiver....Plax when he was here made good plays but had just as many plays he gave up on...how short our memories are

If your argument is who had the better giant career, obviously it's Toomer. If you're taking about who was a better receiver, then you have to be fair, it's Plax, hands down. We don't beat Green Bay in the NFCCG without him. His performance that day was simply amazing.

Dwinsballgames
09-18-2012, 10:13 AM

BLASPHEMER!!!!

GameTime
09-18-2012, 10:14 AM
BLASPHEMER!!!!

that wasn't supposed to be red .....right??????

fixed it for you

TheEnigma
09-18-2012, 10:17 AM
I still think that the Giants duo finishes statistically better than anyone else in the league and that's because I see the Falcons defense being more consistent in containing other teams offenses. I like our D better overall but it seems the true potential isn't there for several games. If we could actually build large leads on teams and hold them, we would see less of Nicks and Cruz imo.

Dwinsballgames
09-18-2012, 10:20 AM
that wasn't supposed to be red .....right??????

fixed it for you

What would I do without you?

Toadofsteel
09-18-2012, 10:21 AM

You mean the guys that Webster and Aaron freaking Ross shut down in the playoffs?

GMan-67
09-18-2012, 10:22 AM

jk ..if the average fan is pacing around and pulling their hair out, than I am sprinting around and cutting my hair off!!

well as a safety and general appearance precaution, i sported a wig during the game, but yeah basically if anyone performed a mental evaluation on me during a Giants game, they would pretty quickly admit me into a place with Happy and Center in the name

Morehead State
09-18-2012, 10:23 AM
You mean the guys that Webster and Aaron freaking Ross shut down in the playoffs?
Yeah....those guys.

gumby74
09-18-2012, 10:23 AM
It's hard to argue with that right now. Although I can only imagine what Maclin and Jackson can do if they had a real QB throwing to them.

NYKiller
09-18-2012, 10:27 AM
Cruz: Will he be drop more balls as the season goes along?
Nicks: Is he almost as good as Cruz after the catch and can he stay on the field?

If your answer is I'm not sure, I just don't know, then they are not the best in my opinion.

or

If your answers is Cruz has good hands, he just had a bad game and Nicks not only has good hands, but can take it to the house like he did against Green Bay in the playoffs, then yes in my opinion.

Kruunch
09-18-2012, 10:30 AM

Lol I had Eli and Nicks ... I doubled up the guy I was playing.

It's good to be a homer :D

Bold move, I have V. Davis as my TE.

You're scaring me now ... so do I.

Morehead State
09-18-2012, 11:07 AM
Cruz: Will he be drop more balls as the season goes along?
Nicks: Is he almost as good as Cruz after the catch and can he stay on the field?

If your answer is I'm not sure, I just don't know, then they are not the best in my opinion.

or

If your answers is Cruz has good hands, he just had a bad game and Nicks not only has good hands, but can take it to the house like he did against Green Bay in the playoffs, then yes in my opinion.

I'll say this...Other than Megetron, I don't know of a better WR in the NFL than Hakeem Nicks. Plus he was an absolute warrior last week.
The kid is just plain great!

RoanokeFan
09-18-2012, 11:09 AM

not too shabby

I'm pretty sure I can say I've never see a tandem of receivers like this on our beloved team.

BlueJayC
09-18-2012, 11:28 AM
Reminds me of the Manningham / S. Smith performance against the Cowboys back in week 2 of '09.......

Morehead State
09-18-2012, 11:54 AM
I'm pretty sure I can say I've never see a tandem of receivers like this on our beloved team.
I completely agree. And they are both such versatile players. Both are deep threats, both will go across the middle of the field, both can fight for the ball in a crowd, both can be possession receivers when they need to, and both look to score after they catch the ball.

RoanokeFan
09-18-2012, 11:57 AM
I completely agree. And they are both such versatile players. Both are deep threats, both will go across the middle of the field, both can fight for the ball in a crowd, both can be possession receivers when they need to, and both look to score after they catch the ball.

I think we can stop worrying about Cruz being a one time wonder and I hope Reese is figuring out a way to extend both Nicks and Cruz to long term deals to coincide with Eli's expected remaining tenure here