PDA

View Full Version : Any word on AB's MRI? also Hix and Deihl

miked1958
09-17-2012, 08:30 PM
has anyone heard the extent of their injuries? were there anyothers noteworthy?? I know Nicks was limping around pretty good towards the end of the game. Any info would be appreciated. I looked and didnt see any threads on this so dont jump on me if there are. just delete this or transfer it to the other thread..

I saw last night where they said Davids Injury was NOT an ACL.. which is good

JPP=BEASTMODE
09-17-2012, 08:36 PM
Deihl has a injured mcl and Hixon has a concussion. I haven't seen anything on Bradshaw yet.

Toadofsteel
09-17-2012, 08:38 PM
I hope Hixon makes it back for one...

RoanokeFan
09-17-2012, 08:48 PM
The only thing we know for sure is none of them practices which is not a surprise. With a short week ahead, I don't think we can expect any of them to be ready to play. We should have information on the MRI tomorrow

miked1958
09-17-2012, 08:51 PM
The only thing we know for sure is none of them practices which is not a surprise. With a short week ahead, I don't think we can expect any of them to be ready to play. We should have information on the MRI tomorrowwell we would have to find out if the MCL requires surgery or just rest which will determine how long he is out. On Hix if its been announced that he has a concussion then he would have to be cleared by the league and in a short week that wont happen. AB we are all anxious to here about..

Anything on Nicks? I mean i CRINGED when that guy stepped right on the ankle he broke towards the end of the game

juice33s
09-17-2012, 09:17 PM
Hixon is made of tissue paper. It goes all the way back to 08' in his break out game against the Seahwaks. He had over 100 yards in the first half, but then left in the 2nd quarter with a concussion. It seems everytime he takes a step forward, he takes two steps back.

Anyway, i'm not sold on Barden as the fill in, I don't think he gets open with enough consitency...Hopefully Randle will be ready soon enough

penguinfarmer
09-17-2012, 09:20 PM
So a guy rams his helmet to the back of his head and Hixon is taking steps back?

fansince69
09-17-2012, 09:22 PM
So a guy rams his helmet to the back of his head and Hixon is taking steps back?

you heard it here first

juice33s
09-17-2012, 09:26 PM
Alot has to do with luck, but at the same time, some people just know how to fall and take a hit better then others. For example, is anyone here surprised Kevin boss left yesterday's game with an apparent head injury?

penguinfarmer
09-17-2012, 09:29 PM
So how is Hixon supposed to fall while being spun-tackled and with another guy diving head first behind him?

juice33s
09-17-2012, 09:33 PM
So how is Hixon supposed to fall while being spun-tackled and with another guy diving head first behind him?
There's where the luck comes in to play, but whats not arguable is that he is fragile and struggles to stay in the lineup for what ever reason. Like with Boss, I was not surpised that as soon as Hixon did something good, he had to come out of the game

penguinfarmer
09-17-2012, 09:38 PM
You hit anyone here in the back of the head with a polycarbonate helmet, and they're leaving with a concussion, maybe even worse. Does that make us all fragile? If he hurt his knee again, sure. But there is no way he should be taking any flack for that.

juice33s
09-17-2012, 09:44 PM
You hit anyone here in the back of the head with a polycarbonate helmet, and they're leaving with a concussion, maybe even worse. Does that make us all fragile? If he hurt his knee again, sure. But there is no way he should be taking any flack for that.
You do realize that Hixon first tore his ACL in a non contact punt drill right?...The guys the definition of fragile and its a shame because when healthy he's a pretty good football player

Flip Empty
09-17-2012, 09:46 PM
I wouldn't be shocked if Bradshaw is done for the year

penguinfarmer
09-17-2012, 09:48 PM
You do realize that Hixon first tore his ACL in a non contact punt drill right?...The guys the definition of fragile and its a shame because when healthy he's a pretty good football player

You're judging him based on an impact injury to his head, not his knee injuries.

juice33s
09-17-2012, 09:50 PM
[QUOTE=Flip Empty;490925]I wouldn't be shocked if Bradshaw is done for the year[/QUOTE
Thats ridiculous, its a neck sprain....The Rams Roger Saffold had the same injury in week 1 and played in week 2

juice33s
09-17-2012, 09:53 PM
You're judging him based on an impact injury to his head, not his knee injuries. no I'm judging him based on his rather lengthy injury history and the fact that he's missed more games then games actually played

Flip Empty
09-17-2012, 09:53 PM
Thats ridiculous, its a neck sprain....The Rams Roger Saffold had the same injury in week 1 and played in week 2
I said I wouldn't shocked, I'm not expecting it. Seen it before with injuries to that area.
He seemed fine on the sideline which bodes well.

penguinfarmer
09-17-2012, 10:18 PM
no I'm judging him based on his rather lengthy injury history and the fact that he's missed more games then games actually played

Sure you are. Giving us a story of "I told you so" after being concussed suddenly deflects to his history.

appodictic
09-17-2012, 11:01 PM
Sure you are. Giving us a story of "I told you so" after being concussed suddenly deflects to his history. The bucks flying around seemed like an injury waiting to happen. I dont want to play them for 5 more years. It was not anything dirty but. still

GameTime
09-17-2012, 11:10 PM
The bucks flying around seemed like an injury waiting to happen. I dont want to play them for 5 more years. It was not anything dirty but. still
you see Pitts D and SF's D?? The Giants have afew more games with some crazy flying around D type sheme. Ravens too.....

Captain Chaos
09-18-2012, 06:24 AM
Let the sit this week, with 10 days until the 4th game we should get them back!

miked1958
09-18-2012, 09:53 AM
you see Pitts D and SF's D?? The Giants have afew more games with some crazy flying around D type sheme. Ravens too.....also the Falcons D was doing some flying around and jumping all over the place last night

RoanokeFan
09-18-2012, 09:58 AM
Hixon is made of tissue paper. It goes all the way back to 08' in his break out game against the Seahwaks. He had over 100 yards in the first half, but then left in the 2nd quarter with a concussion. It seems everytime he takes a step forward, he takes two steps back.

Anyway, i'm not sold on Barden as the fill in, I don't think he gets open with enough consitency...Hopefully Randle will be ready soon enough

You have to be kidding.

RoanokeFan
09-18-2012, 09:59 AM
[QUOTE=Flip Empty;490925]I wouldn't be shocked if Bradshaw is done for the year[/QUOTE

Just when did you get your MD?

GMan-67
09-18-2012, 09:59 AM
im anxious for the news especially on Bradshaw, we kinda know Hix is out this week b/c of the way concussions are handled now (and rightly so) and we also know Diehl has an MCL, so he's out for probably, at least, 4 weeks (hope it's not worse than that)

Bradshaw, who knows ... hopefully there is nothing going on and he is just sore

now one thing with Nicks is and im hoping that he was just sore ... he came off limping a few times, then a play later he was back ... another positive thing is that he was the deep man in our victory formation, so i dont feel he is injured just probably very sore and the short week doesnt help, but he's so talented that even without practice and being very sore, he puts up 199 and a TD .... amazing