PDA

View Full Version : Advice for Giants fan in Philadelphia

BigBlueCanada10
09-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Any advice for a Giant fan going to watch the Sunday nighter of Giants vs Eagles in Philly? I'm wearing Giant's gear loud and proud. What can I expect besides mass taunting and cursing?

SweetZombieJesus
09-17-2012, 10:11 PM
Go with a crowd, don't taunt, and keep your head on a swivel. That place is a hive of scum and villainy. There's a reason Philly had the first stadium with a jail cell and courtroom.

ashleymarie
09-17-2012, 10:11 PM
Mass burning and some stonings.

BParcells777
09-17-2012, 10:59 PM
Any advice for a Giant fan going to watch the Sunday nighter of Giants vs Eagles in Philly? I'm wearing Giant's gear loud and proud. What can I expect besides mass taunting and cursing?

I would bring an armed guard, and wear body armor..........why tempt fate?

b_ELI_eve
09-17-2012, 11:04 PM
Find the game online and don't even bother with the Eagle fans

Toadofsteel
09-17-2012, 11:56 PM
I'd almost rather spend 3 hours in a prison than 3 hours in a game in Philly...

ny06
09-17-2012, 11:57 PM
I'd almost rather spend 3 hours in a prison than 3 hours in a game in Philly...
In the old stadium(Veterans Stadium) you can do both.

Giants5699
09-18-2012, 12:00 AM
Best advice:
Move
/thread

poppa smurph
09-18-2012, 12:02 AM
wear a helmet and make sure you've got adequate travellers health insurance.
they might not let you in if you carry a big stick, so a cane will have to do in this case.

ShakeandBake
09-18-2012, 12:04 AM
Don't go, you'll probably end up having someone like this pick a fight with you https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3G7_7WgiREPOCQY8HvCXETGEoL8Xy4 Q9US3sODgBWyt0zMfU1

joemorrisforprez
09-18-2012, 12:07 AM
Don't go, you'll probably end up having someone like this pick a fight with you https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3G7_7WgiREPOCQY8HvCXETGEoL8Xy4 Q9US3sODgBWyt0zMfU1

LMAO.....and it's a losing battle....the more you hit the guy, the more handsome he'll look.

mike kennedy
09-18-2012, 12:19 AM
When you are sitting up high in the stadium and looking down at all the green football jerseys, remember the great quote from Obi Wan Kenobi...."You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

mike kennedy
09-18-2012, 12:23 AM
you will be lucky if you make it through the parking lot to the ticket collectors. One word of advice....remove every thing referring to the NY GIANTs from your car.

Captain Chaos
09-18-2012, 06:20 AM
wear a poncho as the beer will be flowing....on you!

GIANTSACK
09-18-2012, 06:49 AM
It's not that bad. I went last two yrs there bc cheaper than going to MetLife. They have lots of undercover sitting in the crowd and the security guard wil tell you if you need anything raise your hands. They specifically pay close attention to giants fans in the crowd. Victor Cruz break out game I had agreat time and beside having one drunk female scream in my ears for the first qtr. I turn around and told her to stfu and I guess her husband took her to another area bc they were gone in the second qtr.

Superbowl
09-18-2012, 10:16 AM
you will be lucky if you make it through the parking lot to the ticket collectors. One word of advice....remove every thing referring to the NY GIANTs from your car.
Listen to this man... It's a good advice. When we went to old stadium they keyed and punctured two tires. Passer by were classy as usual, they laugh, cursed and shouted saying we deserved it...

Ahhhh...
It get worse as weather gets colder...
Bring extra cloth...

RoanokeFan
09-18-2012, 10:22 AM
This question comes up every season. My standard answer is the Eagles have the distinction of being the only NFL franchise having a police sub-station AND a criminal court established at the old VET to handle violent crimes against opposing teams' fans.

davepc
09-18-2012, 12:35 PM

Don't be a moron getting in peoples faces. Cheer for your team, don't be a ******. I've had no issues cheering for the Giants in Philly in Giants gear, but I still respect that it's there house, and don't act in a manner that would bother me if I saw somebody doing it in OUR house.

How many games have you gone to there since they built the Linc? Unless you actually sat in the stands you have no experience or advice to give to someone who is going to a game there.

nycisgreat
09-18-2012, 12:50 PM

Physical assault if you discuss the game with the wrong person. If the Giants are up big time, leave mid fourth Qtr. Some of the fans will be nice for the most part, but you'll bump into your occasional drunk Philly fan, which spells trouble most of the time. Don't say anything to those drunk fans in or outside of the park.

FBomb
09-18-2012, 12:57 PM

You have much bigger balls than I do. When I go to a game I want to have a GOOD time and focus on the game.....not have to worry about my health. Whether it be by violence, getting spit or vomited on....or picking up some sort of airborne virus or bacteria that is common in most scum holes.

devilsadvocate
09-18-2012, 03:46 PM
The new stadium (the Linc) is nice. Don't get in peoples' faces and taunt. Sure you'll get some grief (wouldn't an eagle or cowboy fan get the same in NY?), but as long as you act cool for the most part you'll be fine. I go to a lot of Flyer games in philly. When the devils score I stand up and cheer but I don't gloat and I don't confront. I have never had a problem. If the Eagles have a good play, acknowledge it. Show you know something about football.

Giant stuck in Texas
09-18-2012, 03:53 PM
you will be lucky if you make it through the parking lot to the ticket collectors. One word of advice....remove every thing referring to the NY GIANTs from your car.Including the license plate.

bigspicedaddy
09-18-2012, 04:59 PM
I would strongly recommend not wearing Giants gear there. Last two times I went to Philly I saw a number of Giants fans that were wearing gear get thrown at, punched, spit on, etc. Much easier to just wear neutral colors.

GMENAGAIN
09-18-2012, 05:25 PM
You can expect to be repeatedly sodomized.

53canton
09-18-2012, 06:47 PM
Do you really want the hassle, dude?

rainierjef
09-18-2012, 06:56 PM
It is truly sad, that fans cannot just go enjoy a game in a rival teams stadium. Truly sad, that people are that disgusting.

BigBlueCanada10
09-20-2012, 10:44 PM
Hey, thanks for the advice (really sound advice) and the jokes everybody, I was howling! This is actually the first time seeing the Giants live in my life. Living in Northern Ontario, Canada, makes it difficult to see NFL games live. I'm sure I'll be fine, going with a bunch of buddies.