PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on guy who jumped on Nicks ankle.

wolverine77
09-17-2012, 10:32 PM
I just wanted to hear what you guys thought of the play where the guy was running and tried to jump over Nicks and landing on his ankle. I thought is was a cheap shot. The guy can't jump over a player on the ground, seems fishy. Plus Nicks was really heating up and plus his injury to is foot. It might of been an accident and I might overrated to it. There was some hard hits to the head of Hixon and Bradshaw. And you also have the kneel down.

fansince69
09-17-2012, 10:38 PM
I just wanted to hear what you guys thought of the play where the guy was running and tried to jump over Nicks and landing on his ankle. I thought is was a cheap shot. The guy can't jump over a player on the ground, seems fishy. Plus Nicks was really heating up and plus his injury to is foot. It might of been an accident and I might overrated to it. There was some hard hits to the head of Hixon and Bradshaw. And you also have the kneel down.

The play he stepped on his ankle looked like an accident to me...I think your looking for things

nhpgiantsfan
09-17-2012, 10:38 PM
Come on. The guy was running as fast as he could across the field to make a play, when Nicks goes down he tries to jump and avoid him, he landed on his foot. You can clearly see the guy is not looking down on the ground to see where Nicks' foot is. It was just a freak thing.

Captain Chaos
09-17-2012, 10:50 PM
Looked like an accident, he was trying to avoid contact and just came down; he could have turned his ankle over!

Buddy333
09-17-2012, 10:54 PM
Accident.

Giantz4Life
09-17-2012, 10:54 PM
It was Mark Barron the rookie safety I believe, and it looked like a complete accident to me.

GameTime
09-17-2012, 10:59 PM
are you serious or is this supposed to be in red????

fansince69
09-17-2012, 11:01 PM
are you serious or is this supposed to be in red????

RED? what does red mean?

BParcells777
09-17-2012, 11:01 PM
I'd say Schiano told them to play it like they were NO Saints......looked fishy to me

one guy grabs Nicks and drags him down the other one jumps on him

nhpgiantsfan
09-17-2012, 11:04 PM
Man, so many fans are acting like kids that just got bullied. There is nothing that shows any intent at all on that play.

JustinTuckNYG91
09-17-2012, 11:05 PM
It was an accident, definitely not intentional.

wolverine77
09-17-2012, 11:15 PM
I'm sure it was an accident. But I just find it hard that he couldn't jump over him. Accidents happen and I guess it was just bad luck. Giants won and Nicks was ok and that's what really matters.

appodictic
09-17-2012, 11:19 PM
You kick my dog ! And now my dog needs operation! -jery boys

Beelzeboss
09-17-2012, 11:26 PM
When these guys are moving as fast as they are, sometimes jumping over a downed player can be the safest option. It was either he slam right into Nicks or jump over him. There was no intent to injure IMO.

GiantWarfare
09-18-2012, 12:04 AM
Clearly looked accidental. OP is reaching.

GMan-67
09-18-2012, 01:19 AM
at the time i thought it was an accident, but after what they did on the kneel down, who knows? ... our old friend John Fox didnt pull any diving at knees blank on Atlanta's kneel down

BlueSanta
09-18-2012, 01:32 AM
nah

Seriosuly, watch that play in full speed and tell me how Barron could have known, when he lept in the air , where exactly Nicks foot would be by the time Mark came down.

It was not intentional at all.

miked1958
09-18-2012, 01:45 AM
Looked like an accident, he was trying to avoid contact and just came down; he could have turned his ankle over!Agreed. Nothing malicious as far as I can see

JPP=BEASTMODE
09-18-2012, 03:36 AM
Come on. The guy was running as fast as he could across the field to make a play, when Nicks goes down he tries to jump and avoid him, he landed on his foot. You can clearly see the guy is not looking down on the ground to see where Nicks' foot is. It was just a freak thing.+1

dave56dj
09-18-2012, 03:41 AM
Actually one tackle did go hard on one kneel down in denver and it was mentioned by tirico.

As for barron - complete accident - him jumping on a guys foot could easily have caused an injury to himself.

Shiano asking them to play out a kneel down is one thing (bush for sure) but diving ona guys foot is ridiculous. Again it could easily have ended in him getting hurt.

Diamondring
09-18-2012, 04:18 AM
Man, so many fans are acting like kids that just got bullied. There is nothing that shows any intent at all on that play.People can make it look that way and it look like intent to me.

njg85m
09-18-2012, 04:36 AM
Ridiculous thread. Clearly was not intentional.