PDA

View Full Version : Peyton vs Eli. (Denver forums)

Marvelousmik
09-18-2012, 04:52 AM
http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?215447-Who-would-u-rather-have-Peyton-or-Eli

Captain Chaos
09-18-2012, 05:05 AM
love it "most of the clutch I've seen from Eli includes alot of luck"

Think luck is if you do it once twice maybe, Eli has done this many times...

Marvelousmik
09-18-2012, 05:11 AM

Remember the days when this topic wouldnt even be a legitiment debate? Im actually sitting here trying to answer the question of who is better myself. If you look at body of work peyton wins hands down. If you look at it currently, its close. But its too early in the season to know for sure

tonyt830
09-18-2012, 05:52 AM
Peyton is one of the best to play in this era of football, no doubt. But for some of these ignorant and bitter fans to always mention luck when it comes to Eli or the Giants, is just plain ole nonsense. All championship teams have had a bit of luck in their respective seasons/runs in the playoffs. And to those Denver fans, Elway and those Bronco teams had their share.

But to me without Eli's play last season, we could have been a 5-11 or 6-10 team.

fansince69
09-18-2012, 06:16 AM
Peyton is one of the best to play in this era of football, no doubt. But for some of these ignorant and bitter fans to always mention luck when it comes to Eli or the Giants, is just plain ole nonsense. All championship teams have had a bit of luck in their respective seasons/runs in the playoffs. And to those Denver fans, Elway and those Bronco teams had their share.

But to me without Eli's play last season, we could have been a 5-11 or 6-10 team.

I find it very interesting that a fan base that was rooting for Tim Tebow....has any credibility when they complain about a QB winning with luck

giantyankee1976
09-18-2012, 07:19 AM
I find it very interesting that a fan base that was rooting for Tim Tebow....has any credibility when they complain about a QB winning with luck

ka-pow this ^

Kruunch
09-18-2012, 07:31 AM

ZING!

BklynBlue
09-18-2012, 08:04 AM
WOW!!! Some of those replys were hands down some of the most uneducated comments I have ever heard. How is it "luck" when you have orchestrated 22 fourth quarter comebacks and 26 game winning drives? DB's

miked1958
09-18-2012, 08:38 AM
WOW!!! Some of those replys were hands down some of the most uneducated comments I have ever heard. How is it "luck" when you have orchestrated 22 fourth quarter comebacks and 26 game winning drives? DB'sYep li ke the poster above said, you can call it luck if you do it once or twice, maybe 3times. but when you do it as CONSISTENTLY as Eli does it then it becomes a whole different thing. I cant fathom why the media and fans of opposing teams fail to realize this.

GMan-67
09-18-2012, 08:45 AM
Peyton's arm looks shot ... he's still a genius back there, but he will be forced to throw mostly touch passes, which is risky ... .and he won't havely nearly as many 25 yard+ plays as Eli

i have to give it to Eli right now today ... career reg. season = no contest, Peyton ... career playoffs not really a contest = Eli

GameTime
09-18-2012, 09:09 AM
wow....even more ignorant then some of the board members here....

"Eli's 4th quarter come vs the Bucs was an abberation and not the norm.....???" Must be a new fan to the game.....

miked1958
09-18-2012, 09:10 AM
wow....even more ignorant then some of the board members here....

"Eli's 4th quarter come vs the Bucs was an abberation and not the norm.....???" Must be a new fan to the game.....hows that idiot explain 22 4th quarter comebacks and 26 game winning drives then

GameTime
09-18-2012, 09:15 AM
hows that idiot explain 22 4th quarter comebacks and 26 game winning drives then
he doesnt.......thats the idiot part.....:)

Rudyy
09-18-2012, 09:20 AM
I'm not surprised, it's a Broncos forum. Peyton's overall career in the NFL is better than Eli's when it comes to the regular season, and I think people look at that and the consistency. However, I would take Eli right now. I couldn't care less about his regular season stats and what not. That's not important to me, and obviously not important to him. Winning championships are.

Kruunch
09-18-2012, 10:35 AM
Peyton's arm looks shot ... he's still a genius back there, but he will be forced to throw mostly touch passes, which is risky ... .and he won't havely nearly as many 25 yard+ plays as Eli

i have to give it to Eli right now today ... career reg. season = no contest, Peyton ... career playoffs not really a contest = Eli

I felt bad watching those three deep middle picks last night. The ball just floated there like a balloon.

It's sad watching such a great QB's career wind down.

TheAnalyst
09-18-2012, 10:38 AM
Man, I started looking at the thread, and saw the replies, and had to close it fast. I need to not reply to that kind of garbage. Every fanbase has their idiots, but theirs must of replied to that one. Not the part of taking Eli or Peyton, but the fact they discredit anything Eli has done due to luck and a great defense. Amazing. Its like they didnt realize we gave up more points then we scored last year and had the leagues worst run game, yet still won a superbowl.

Toadofsteel
09-18-2012, 10:40 AM
Lol one guy said "Put Peyton on that Giants team... Watch out!"

Yeah, Peyton would have to watch out because with that O-line he'd have suffered yet another neck injury... only Eli could function in our system. These guys obviously did not see the title game.

Eli is made of that stuff Nintendo makes their products out of: a little quirky, kid-friendly, often put down as not being "real", and COMPLETELY INDESTRUCTIBLE NO MATTER HOW MANY HITS HE TAKES...

TheAnalyst
09-18-2012, 10:42 AM
"Put Eli on the Cards or Rams or Browns last year and he would suck."

You think? Maybe its because those teams suck? Put Rodgers or Brady or Brees on them, and they would suck too. Man those guys are complete morons its funny.

Giants5699
09-18-2012, 10:49 AM
peyton is great. It's a toss up... however the fans reasonings are borderline downs syndrome... "Eli rarely carries his team on his shoulders" "Eli isn't always clutch". That is just plain denial.

TheEnigma
09-18-2012, 10:51 AM
Giants having a great defense

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-75kQyEpEdFc/UB7Ic1LBfaI/AAAAAAAACIs/YUMSKeHUptc/s1600/tom-cruise-laughing.gif

Giants5699
09-18-2012, 10:51 AM
I felt bad watching those three deep middle picks last night. The ball just floated there like a balloon.

Unfortunately. Peyton is in the middle of the fall. I would not be shocked if this year is his last season... However, I think he'll be with the Broncos for 2 years before hanging up the cleats.

GameTime
09-18-2012, 10:52 AM
peyton is great. It's a toss up... however the fans reasonings are borderline downs syndrome... "Eli rarely carries his team on his shoulders" "Eli isn't always clutch". That is just plain denial.

come on man....you really want to insult the individuals with Downs Syndrome by comparing them to idiotic Bronco's fans.

Toadofsteel
09-18-2012, 10:57 AM
Unfortunately. Peyton is in the middle of the fall. I would not be shocked if this year is his last season... However, I think he'll be with the Broncos for 2 years before hanging up the cleats.

I hope he stays on for two years... we get to play the broncos next season. I for one want to see one more Manning Bowl before Peyton hangs up the cleats...

gumby74
09-18-2012, 10:57 AM
I find it very interesting that a fan base that was rooting for Tim Tebow....has any credibility when they complain about a QB winning with luck I think that part of their fanbase are now Jet fans.

GameTime
09-18-2012, 10:58 AM
I think that part of their fanbase are now Jet fans.
that does what to their already poor credibility???

:p

GCGiant
09-18-2012, 11:00 AM

You think you felt bad. I know exactly what you are talking about...and I feel bad for Peyton, too...but, can you imagine how John Elway might be feeling right about now? I hope that I am just imagining it, but so far I have seen Peyton throw the ball over 30 yds. very little, and only one had zip on it last night...the one dropped in the endzone...but unless he gets better it clearly looks like he might be done.

GameTime
09-18-2012, 11:03 AM
You think you felt bad. I know exactly what you are talking about...and I feel bad for Peyton, too...but, can you imagine how John Elway might be feeling right about now? I hope that I am just imagining it, but so far I have seen Peyton throw the ball over 30 yds. very little, and only one had zip on it last night...the one in the endzone...but unless he gets better it clearly looks like he might be done.

you know what....
Its one game. There is no trend, no basis to say this how he is going to be. If he has lost it....he will be the first to admit it.
If it can be worked out he will work it out. Not dogging you at all I am just looking at it as one bad game for a legend who has been out for 18 months and who also looked pretty good last week.

giantsfan420
09-18-2012, 11:43 AM
huh? i disagree bout peyton. he looked bad those 3 ints but didnt eli too? elis arm aint done, and imo neither is peytons. he surprised me with a couple of deep post throws to decker. one went thru deckers arm, that throw had perfect velocity and strength. he isnt 100% imo. and like eli, despite the 3 ints, peyton still coulda won them that game if he gets it one more time. 1 of his ints was balloonish, the other 2 werent arm issues imho

burier
09-18-2012, 11:51 AM

6-10? Without Eli we wouldn't have won a game. Think about it. Not one game last season even against the weakest teams on the schedule were easily won and most of them required a comeback from Eli.

0-16 without Eli last season.

giantsforce
09-18-2012, 11:51 AM

i have to give it to Eli right now today ... career reg. season = no contest, Peyton ... career playoffs not really a contest = EliI have to agree with your second statement. However, I think Peyton will be his old self once he gets to know his receivers and they get to know him. Also, let's not forget, he has been out of the game for a year or so, so conditioning and rust has something to do with it. I expect to see the old Peyton 5 or 6 games down the road.

Kruunch
09-18-2012, 11:58 AM
huh? i disagree bout peyton. he looked bad those 3 ints but didnt eli too? elis arm aint done, and imo neither is peytons. he surprised me with a couple of deep post throws to decker. one went thru deckers arm, that throw had perfect velocity and strength. he isnt 100% imo. and like eli, despite the 3 ints, peyton still coulda won them that game if he gets it one more time. 1 of his ints was balloonish, the other 2 werent arm issues imho

The picks Eli threw were either bad decisions, an uncalled penalty (hold on Cruz in a timing pattern) or a really good (and somewhat lucky) defensive play (the drop back in mid-blitz). None of the above had anything to do with Eli's physical skills.

Peyton's picks were all balls that hung up in the air. Previously in his career when he throws those, it's when coverage gets beat and he's got someone over the top (which he had on 2 of the 3 picks) .... he just couldn't get the ball there.

That's age (and injury). Nothing worse than when the heart and mind are still willing but the body just can't do it anymore.

Peyton might have just had a bad game ... but those throws looked like an aging arm losing it's strength to me.

burier
09-18-2012, 11:58 AM
Nothing against Peyton but Eli is best Quarterback in the game right now.

JSpin
09-18-2012, 12:16 PM
This is my favorite quote "Peyton has led more 4th quarter comebacks. That alone makes Peyton more clutch." lololol he's played 5 more season than eli

thomsoad
09-18-2012, 01:02 PM
Im gonna give Bronco fans a pass.
I wouldnt expect them to know too much about Eli or this team.
To be honest i have no idea who there #2 receiver is or their NT or MLB...i dont even know if they play a 3-4 or 4-3.
So if they still wanna cling to the rookie Eli I say let em.
Hopefully we meet them for the last game of the year so Bronco fans (and Elis brother) can have a nice little rude awakening. :D

Giantz4Life
09-18-2012, 01:10 PM

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/3a%20new%20peyton%20tebow%20memes.jpg

G-MENBK
09-18-2012, 02:27 PM
The picks Eli threw were either bad decisions, an uncalled penalty (hold on Cruz in a timing pattern) or a really good (and somewhat lucky) defensive play (the drop back in mid-blitz). None of the above had anything to do with Eli's physical skills.

Peyton's picks were all balls that hung up in the air. Previously in his career when he throws those, it's when coverage gets beat and he's got someone over the top (which he had on 2 of the 3 picks) .... he just couldn't get the ball there.

That's age (and injury). Nothing worse than when the heart and mind are still willing but the body just can't do it anymore.

Peyton might have just had a bad game ... but those throws looked like an aging arm losing it's strength to me.

On some throws, the accuracy wasn't there, and what stood out - just as was the case against the Steelers - he sure is throwing a lot of wounded duck wobblers. If that's his laser, both Bronco fans and Peyton are going to have a brutal season. Gone is the comfort zone of playing in an indoor stadium as well.

Giant stuck in Texas
09-18-2012, 02:40 PM
The lack of oxygen over there is pretty apparent.

fansince69
09-18-2012, 02:41 PM
The lack of oxygen over there is pretty apparent.

They all have Ryan Clark syndrome

Marvelousmik
09-18-2012, 02:54 PM

sorry but this sounds like a homer reply. Eli threw some bad passes and made some bad decisions just as peyton did last night. You're thinking too much. If you think Peyton career is done you are badly mistaken. He just had a bad game. Age has nothing to do with it.

Also come on guys. The denver fans had good things to say about Eli also, not all were negative

GameTime
09-18-2012, 02:56 PM
sorry but this sounds like a homer reply. Eli threw some bad passes also. If you think Peyton career is done you are badly mistaken. He just had a bad game. Age has nothing to do with it.

Also come on guys. The denver fans had good things to say about Eli also, not all were negative
all true but its some much fun focusing on the negative and calling them names....lol

fansince69
09-18-2012, 02:59 PM
sorry but this sounds like a homer reply. Eli threw some bad passes and made some bad decisions just as peyton did last night. You're thinking too much. If you think Peyton career is done you are badly mistaken. He just had a bad game. Age has nothing to do with it.

Why is it that every time we get a thread going and EVERYONE on the boards is on the same side ...............someone comes along and starts spreading logic

sharick88
09-18-2012, 03:29 PM

I am sure that they don't follow our games, just like we could care less about theirs. I will give them the benefit of the doubt because that.

GiantWarfare
09-18-2012, 03:33 PM
Im gonna give Bronco fans a pass.
I wouldnt expect them to know too much about Eli or this team.
To be honest i have no idea who there #2 receiver is or their NT or MLB...i dont even know if they play a 3-4 or 4-3.
So if they still wanna cling to the rookie Eli I say let em.
Hopefully we meet them for the last game of the year so Bronco fans (and Elis brother) can have a nice little rude awakening. :D

+1

Couldn't have said it any better.

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
09-18-2012, 03:38 PM
1. IM sick of the Eli got lucky BS, people dont luck their way to 2 SB's.

2. Also the D-Line won him those rings, yeah they helped no doubt...but Eli had just as much 2 do with it.

Roosevelt
09-18-2012, 03:53 PM
I just read their thread and they are making reasonable arguments.

A lot of fans around the league think Eli is an extremely lucky player. Let's face it, he has been. He's uncanny. Has the NFL ever had a QB like him?

fansince69
09-18-2012, 04:04 PM
I just read their thread and they are making reasonable arguments.

A lot of fans around the league think Eli is an extremely lucky player. Let's face it, he has been. He's uncanny. Has the NFL ever had a QB like him?

It might have been short lived....but Tim Teabow pulled out some pretty lucky crap